Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. 13:39 - May 10 with 18795 viewsicecoldjack

"I have so many things to tell I'm going to leave for the press conference I'm going to do in Swansea very soon in my name and in the name of ML .. We owe it to the people so they know the truth !! "

"To make clear 2013 I had a very strong fight with Huw Jenkins almost reached hands but then I started to analyze Huw and I think he's a good person..For a long time I talk to him frequently "

So what the fook is actually going on here then ? seems there has been dialogue between Huw and Tutu but whats the end game here ?

Thoughts ?
[Post edited 10 May 2018 13:43]
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:52 - May 10 with 2976 viewsicecoldjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:42 - May 10 by Phil_S

I know someone who speaks to this guy on a reasonably frequent basis (not Jenkins!) and he is supposedly mad as a box of frogs which I think his tweets back up

However, I was told (and I have no idea how accurate it is) that ML would happily come back to Swansea if we wanted him and that Jenkins does remain in contract

Not sure I buy all the stuff about Leon being the devil incarnate but its no secret that it was player power that led to the demise of Laudrup. Ironically the said player power also did for Monk

So what is the angel here for Tutu you think ?

That's the bit i can't figure out, i can see people wanting to shift blame and dis color the waters of long term failure but what does Tutu get from his end ?
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:53 - May 10 with 2961 viewsHighjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:52 - May 10 by icecoldjack

That's the bit i can't figure out, i can see people wanting to shift blame and dis color the waters of long term failure but what does Tutu get from his end ?

Attention?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:55 - May 10 with 2953 viewsicecoldjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:38 - May 10 by costalotta

Well, there is the book he's promoting. But why do a press conference in Swansea? so, i can't see that being the motive.

Wasn't there a rumour around xmas when we had sacked Clement about an approach to ML? He did that TV interview and talked about where and why we were struggling. And that he was disappointed. So, maybe there had been moves made to recruit him?

Also, no one can argue over the calibre of players that BT brought to the club, especially when compared to what we've become accustom to. And probably had a major part in our downfall.

Personally, i think he's more of a football man the HJ. And that my friends costs!

Anyway, i'd be happy with a ML return, provided he's supported by the board.

Well i'm sure it will help book sales but this seems pointed and almost personal, granted that Tutu is a loose cannon but the timing and the fact there's been dialogue for a month or so points to something a bit more substantial .
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:56 - May 10 with 2947 views34dfgdf54

I know someone who speaks to this guy on a reasonably frequent basis (not Jenkins!) and he is supposedly mad as a box of frogs which I think his tweets back up

However, I was told (and I have no idea how accurate it is) that ML would happily come back to Swansea if we wanted him and that Jenkins does remain in contract

Not sure I buy all the stuff about Leon being the devil incarnate but its no secret that it was player power that led to the demise of Laudrup. Ironically the said player power also did for Monk

If Laudrup was to come back my mood would change dramatically for next season.

That being said mind Phil, I also think you lot on the trust didn't exactly help the situation with Laudrup and was quick to agree to pull the trigger and take Monk on. That was an absolute disaster decision, I know people will talk about the 8th place finish, the warning signs were there.

Also, if Leon was involved with all the player power stuff, then legend or not we deserve to know. I can't see it either though as I'm pretty sure he was still friendly with Monk after his sacking. He was on a FAW coaching course which Monk was the tutor, and Monk had three rules, "good timekeeping, always give 100% and no d*ckheads, because it's d*ckheads which got me sacked from Swansea"
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:58]
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:56 - May 10 with 2939 viewsAngelRangelQS

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:52 - May 10 by icecoldjack

It all reads to me to be preparing the ground for a return.

The narrative is:

Michael loved Swansea and so did I. He would have done a wonderful job if it weren't for those nasty players and MM, coincidentally all of whom are left/are leaving. I still speak to Huw, he's a good man and good for Swansea City.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:58 - May 10 with 2923 viewsmichufan

Don't expect too much from that press conference. Tutumlu held a similar press conference in Copenhagen a couple of months ago. It turned out to be a couple of hours of gesticulation and slightly incoherent ramblings. When the reporters left they had no idea why Tutumlu had called a press conference in the first place. I think he just enjoys the attention to be frank (or recognizes the value of stirring attention). In regards to him being in contact with HJ I wouldn't read too much into that either. A person like Tutumlu lives and dies by his ability to network so it is just "what he does" - and to some extent what he does very well :)
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:02 - May 10 with 2888 viewsEbo

BT did tweet that ML was approached when Clement was sacked but he was under a watertight contract with that club in Quatar. it would have cost Swansea rude coin to get him.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:04 - May 10 with 2873 viewscostalotta

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:55 - May 10 by icecoldjack

Well i'm sure it will help book sales but this seems pointed and almost personal, granted that Tutu is a loose cannon but the timing and the fact there's been dialogue for a month or so points to something a bit more substantial .

I agree!
Login to get fewer ads

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:05 - May 10 with 2865 viewspencoedjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:56 - May 10 by 34dfgdf54

That being said mind Phil, I also think you lot on the trust didn't exactly help the situation with Laudrup and was quick to agree to pull the trigger and take Monk on. That was an absolute disaster decision, I know people will talk about the 8th place finish, the warning signs were there.

Also, if Leon was involved with all the player power stuff, then legend or not we deserve to know. I can't see it either though as I'm pretty sure he was still friendly with Monk after his sacking. He was on a FAW coaching course which Monk was the tutor, and Monk had three rules, "good timekeeping, always give 100% and no d*ckheads, because it's d*ckheads which got me sacked from Swansea"

I cant believe Laudrup would come back but as you say that would change the mood completely ....

My only worry is this matey thing with Jenkins , he has to go otherwise the fan division with the club will remain.

I for 1 would be pretty made up with the appointment of Laudrup but feel we will go down the cheap Toshack/Leon option.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:06 - May 10 with 2853 viewsswanforthemoney

Snakes "hibernate" and go into hiding in the winter. A bit of sunshine and they start emerging to look for their next meal.

I stand in the North Stand

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:07 - May 10 with 2847 viewsicecoldjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:58 - May 10 by michufan

Don't expect too much from that press conference. Tutumlu held a similar press conference in Copenhagen a couple of months ago. It turned out to be a couple of hours of gesticulation and slightly incoherent ramblings. When the reporters left they had no idea why Tutumlu had called a press conference in the first place. I think he just enjoys the attention to be frank (or recognizes the value of stirring attention). In regards to him being in contact with HJ I wouldn't read too much into that either. A person like Tutumlu lives and dies by his ability to network so it is just "what he does" - and to some extent what he does very well :)

A very interesting first post on planet swans .

Did you specifically join for that comment or just interested in the current situation at the Swans, genuine question by the way and i'm not trying to be flip.

As for the post, well i think it's fair to say Tutu is bit of a loose cannon and i'm not sure that there has been much "networking" going on for years with regard to him and Huw, especially as he was banned from the club !

The only way i see a coming together of minds now is if there is mutual benefit to both parties, Tutu seems to be taking aim at specific targets too.

All very interesting stuff, were you at the press conference in Copenhagen ?
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:11 - May 10 with 2807 viewsicecoldjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:56 - May 10 by AngelRangelQS

It all reads to me to be preparing the ground for a return.

The narrative is:

Michael loved Swansea and so did I. He would have done a wonderful job if it weren't for those nasty players and MM, coincidentally all of whom are left/are leaving. I still speak to Huw, he's a good man and good for Swansea City.

Would Laudrup really want to join the championship ? and does that mean Huw will be staying at the club or does it mean that Laudrup will become a DOF and that's jenkins parting shot.

In all honesty all of the above would have been a bit better if it happen a few seasons ago !!
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:12 - May 10 with 2800 viewsmajorraglan

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:02 - May 10 by Ebo

BT did tweet that ML was approached when Clement was sacked but he was under a watertight contract with that club in Quatar. it would have cost Swansea rude coin to get him.

It’s cost the club even more now. Could it be that HJ will continue in his role as Chairman but that ML will come back on board as DOF, or maybe as manager tapping in to Tutumulus contacts in Spain to rebuild the the team, most Spanish players will be on considerably less coin than British players and they have the skills to get back to the old Swansea ways.

I seem to recall reading that one of the bust ups between ML, Tutumulu and Swansea was because the latter had been offering Ash Williams up for sale behind the clubs back. Didn’t GM turn down a move to Bristol during the Laudrup era? Maybe ML was trying to move players on and they didn’t want to go. Someone knows the truth and it will be interesting to hear it.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:16 - May 10 with 2757 viewsJonathans_coat

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:12 - May 10 by majorraglan

It’s cost the club even more now. Could it be that HJ will continue in his role as Chairman but that ML will come back on board as DOF, or maybe as manager tapping in to Tutumulus contacts in Spain to rebuild the the team, most Spanish players will be on considerably less coin than British players and they have the skills to get back to the old Swansea ways.

I seem to recall reading that one of the bust ups between ML, Tutumulu and Swansea was because the latter had been offering Ash Williams up for sale behind the clubs back. Didn’t GM turn down a move to Bristol during the Laudrup era? Maybe ML was trying to move players on and they didn’t want to go. Someone knows the truth and it will be interesting to hear it.

This sounds like the crux of it to me:-

ML tries to offload some of the old guard to get in better players.

The old guard fight back, and rally some of the squad/owners to thier side, with an arguement along the lines of having a “strong core” of senior UK players.

ML’s position become untenable due to a split in the squad and boardroom
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:19 - May 10 with 2730 viewsthornabyswan

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:48 - May 10 by costalotta

To get his client a job? To have a kind of DOF role for himself?

Who knows, but its better to hear these stories than the possibility of Chris Coleman, or Graham Potter or Mark Warburton etc!

If we truly want to get back to our footballing principles this is exactly the type of appointment we need.

Perhaps Laudrup is replacing Colin at Cardiff with Tutu as DOF.
That will finish off our season nicely.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:26 - May 10 with 2655 viewsJacket

Some see this as signifying HJ's departure, but could it be the exact opposite? Is Jenks aiming to stay and sees bringing back Laudrup as the key to him staying here?

Would you put up with Jenks if it meant Laudrup was returning? I'd be tempted even though I like most people believe he has long since out stayed his welcome.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:34 - May 10 with 2597 viewsLoyal

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 14:56 - May 10 by 34dfgdf54

Course he was involved, it was said by those who know at the time.
And remains so.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:36 - May 10 with 2586 viewsSwan91

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:26 - May 10 by Jacket

Some see this as signifying HJ's departure, but could it be the exact opposite? Is Jenks aiming to stay and sees bringing back Laudrup as the key to him staying here?

Would you put up with Jenks if it meant Laudrup was returning? I'd be tempted even though I like most people believe he has long since out stayed his welcome.

Definitely... to me it sounded like Laudrup and his agent were the ones bringing alot of the good players in... I would keep jenkins in if it meant he came back.. and if we were able to even look like the old swansea way.. it is only championship but if he gets a good season from us and can sign some players he wants.. we could go straight back up so he would be pl manager again..
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:36 - May 10 with 2586 viewsgadgetuk

It's certainly interesting, I would be very interested to know what has gone on behind the scenes. ML back? Not sure, but that is primarily based on the 2nd season performances. If that really was down to player power then he deserves the opportunity.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:37 - May 10 with 2578 viewsicecoldjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:26 - May 10 by Jacket

That's a tough one, without doubt Jenkins as director of football has been one of the main reasons for our decline, it would be extremely difficult for somebody like Laudrup to come into a club under the current circumstances too, i just don't know what to make of events.

I don't see Laudrup returning to Swansea as a manager, possibly as a DOF and possibly with Tutu working his magic again, but i'm not sure the club will have any financial clout to bring in the players needed when we already have so much deadwood already hard to shift, it's a huge job in the summer, it may be possibly that job will need a guy to move on footballers and a guy to bring them in, i can see some logic in a return in that respect.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:45 - May 10 with 2521 viewsforkbeard

Now begging for us to hire him again
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:50 - May 10 with 2480 viewsicecoldjack

Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:45 - May 10 by forkbeard

Now begging for us to hire him again

Just have no clue what to make of that !
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:51 - May 10 with 2470 viewsHeadmaster

Will be an interesting next few months it seems.
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:52 - May 10 with 2453 viewsValeJack

That link is to an old picture of Laudrup holding a Swans scarf, then pics of Michu, Chico, Pablo, Ben, JDG, Rangel and Shelvey
Tutu..coming to Swansea for press conference. on 15:53 - May 10 with 2441 viewsQJumpingJack

At this rate, Bayram is going to be inducted into the Wall of Fame with his next next to Laudrup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024