Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 19450 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 14:11 - Dec 1 with 1581 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 14:07 - Dec 1 by swan65split

Never voted him in did I? Not voted labour since the creep Blair appeared.
Aberavon is like Hartlepool

Not you personally...

Fùck my eyes.
A 2nd Referendum on 14:14 - Dec 1 with 1566 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 14:02 - Dec 1 by Highjack

Considering most labour areas voted for Leave you'd probably end up with perpetual Tory landslides.

Be careful what you wish for.

Most labour voters voted remain, most Tory and UKIP voters voted leave.

Every study, survey and poll has shown this.

A Labour constituency voting leave does not mean labour voters support leave.
I know this is a difficult concept for the hard of thinking, I'm not saying all leave voters are stupid, but they do regularly provide anecdotal evidence in this respect.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

A 2nd Referendum on 14:15 - Dec 1 with 1562 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 14:14 - Dec 1 by sherpajacob

I know this is a difficult concept for the hard of thinking, I'm not saying all leave voters are stupid, but they do regularly provide anecdotal evidence in this respect.

See above.
A 2nd Referendum on 14:18 - Dec 1 with 1553 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 14:15 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

See above.

So let me get this straight.
If we have another referendum and Remain win, we can put Brexit on hold while Leave have another Referendum.
Just how many Referenda do you have before you actually take the Appropriate Action seeing as how Leave was written in to UK Law by the whole of Parliament?
A 2nd Referendum on 14:20 - Dec 1 with 1547 viewsPegojack

The answer to the OP is obvious. This time, they will lose big style.
For a start, the demographics have shifted considerably. There are about 2 million more youngsters now eligible to vote, and the vast majority of them don't want to see their future being flushed down the toilet.
The other reason is that a huge swathe of those who voted leave can now see they were conned, duped and taken to the cleaners by as cynical and devious a bunch of chancers, criminals, bare faced liars, cheats, racists and miserable little Englanders as ever roamed the earth. Dispicable hateful people. Feck them all.
A 2nd Referendum on 14:25 - Dec 1 with 1532 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 14:18 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

So let me get this straight.
If we have another referendum and Remain win, we can put Brexit on hold while Leave have another Referendum.
Just how many Referenda do you have before you actually take the Appropriate Action seeing as how Leave was written in to UK Law by the whole of Parliament?

Thanks for reinforcing my argument.
A 2nd Referendum on 14:28 - Dec 1 with 1523 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im a leaver. I want a second vote. Remain or No Deal. The current offering suits no UK residents

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

A 2nd Referendum on 14:37 - Dec 1 with 1499 viewsunion_jack

A 2nd Referendum on 14:20 - Dec 1 by Pegojack

For a start, the demographics have shifted considerably. There are about 2 million more youngsters now eligible to vote, and the vast majority of them don't want to see their future being flushed down the toilet.
The other reason is that a huge swathe of those who voted leave can now see they were conned, duped and taken to the cleaners by as cynical and devious a bunch of chancers, criminals, bare faced liars, cheats, racists and miserable little Englanders as ever roamed the earth. Dispicable hateful people. Feck them all.

Good post.

That said, I don't believe that we were fed lies so much but more a lack of information. You can't go to the polls with the level of information we were armed with.

I voted leave. I'd welcome another referendum however as now we know to a greater degree of certainty what the consequences are, we can vote accordingly.

Let's be honest, no scenario, be it leave or remain is ideal. Far from it, but I'd say that a second referendum would be an example of democracy given the dearth of facts in 2016. Any leave voter, if they are that certain they'd win should welcome it. If remain wins, then that's the will of the people.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 14:40 - Dec 1 with 1493 viewsswan65split

A 2nd Referendum on 13:59 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

Vote him out next time then. Oh, hang on...

Like we voted to leave..,.but your not happy with that!
A 2nd Referendum on 14:42 - Dec 1 with 1490 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 14:14 - Dec 1 by sherpajacob

The poorer, traditionally working class areas loyal to Labour in General Elections and considered their heartlands, their safe seats voted to leave.

This is categorical fact.

So these studies, surveys and polls have shown that these Labour Heartlands have a majority of Tories and UKIP'ers?

Neath for example, Christina Rees had 57.6% of the vote in the 2017 general election.

In total, Labour, Plaid and the Lib Dems had over 72% of the vote combined.

Tories + UKIP just under 28%

The results are very similar in the Aberavon constituency.

If what your surveys, polls and studies are telling you have any semblance of truth in them as you say (Hint - they don't, but you're too f*cking easily led to question them) then Neath Port Talbot would have voted overwhelmingly to Remain.

This is a story that is repeated up and down the country.

You can choose to ignore it if you wish. I'm not saying all remain voters are easily led by surveys, polls and studies and choose to ignore obvious facts, such as election and referendum results. No wait, I am saying that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 14:44 - Dec 1 with 1488 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Leavers," bare faced liairs and cheats".
Not even in the same class as remainers, who are still lying about the deals and outcomes and what's more they have been caught out time and time again and morons like you still believe them.
But that is typical of people who want to be part of the wonderful EU, Sheep till the end.
A 2nd Referendum on 14:45 - Dec 1 with 1487 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 14:08 - Dec 1 by Andy1300

Whoever was PM at the time would have faced a GE within the 2 years of triggering art 50.

We have to accept the result regardless of how we voted.

How is that first sentence in any way true? We’d had an election in 2015, Cameron had an overall majority and the next election was set in law for 2020.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 14:45]

Poll: Tory leader

A 2nd Referendum (n/t) on 15:50 - Dec 1 with 1421 viewsmonmouth

A 2nd Referendum on 13:29 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

Cameron said "a once in a generation vote". You appear to be confusing a former PM appeasing the right wing of his party with Parliament.

Would you be happy with an elected government never having to contest another election because they won one four years ago?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A 2nd Referendum on 15:59 - Dec 1 with 1409 viewsAndy1300

One for the remainers to ponder

[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 16:22]

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 16:00 - Dec 1 with 1407 viewsAndy1300

A 2nd Referendum on 14:45 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

How is that first sentence in any way true? We’d had an election in 2015, Cameron had an overall majority and the next election was set in law for 2020.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 14:45]

Because they would probably suffered the same fate

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 16:06 - Dec 1 with 1404 viewsAnotherJohn

Cameron said "a once in a generation vote". You appear to be confusing a former PM appeasing the right wing of his party with Parliament.

Would you be happy with an elected government never having to contest another election because they won one four years ago?

Quite a few said something similar, as a browse through Hansard re the various stages of consideration of the EU Referendum Bill will show.

Crispin Blunt: The opportunity presented by the referendum to resolve this profound choice over our role in the world for at least a generation will be wasted if the process is seen as a fix in favour of the establishment side of the argument

Hilary Benn (Leeds Central) (Lab): This Bill will set before the British people a clear and simple question: should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union? It is 11 words, but the answer will have profound consequences for the future of our country, as the people of the United Kingdom make the most important decision on our place in the world for 40 years. It is a decision that will affect the future journey of our proud and great islands; it is a decision the consequence of which will be felt by the people of our country for decades and generations to come; and it is a decision that will shape not only how we view our place in the world but how the rest of the world sees us.

Ian Austin: In order for the result to be accepted and for it to be long lasting and settle the question for a generation, it is very important that the process is seen to be fair on all sides. Ministers are perfectly at liberty to say what they like in interviews and as they go round the country making speeches, but there is a big difference between that and public money being used to send out leaflets and promote one side of the debate. It is very important that the spending limits are designed to ensure that spending is equal on both sides and both sides have a fair say.
(All Second Reading debate)

Mr Pat McFadden (Wolverhampton South East) (Lab):
This debate has raised issues about sovereignty and co-operation that have reverberated through the House for decades. The Bill puts before the British people one of the most important questions in a generation: should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union? The answer to that question will impact on our trading relationship, our economy, jobs, exports and our place in the world. (Committee 1st sitting)

Mr McFadden: One thing that the EU referendum has in common with the major constitutional referendum that took place in Scotland last year is that it is a decision for a long time into the future. To quote the right hon. Member for Gordon (Alex Salmond), who is not here today, it is a decision to be made once in a lifetime, or at least for a generation, not something to be repeated every few years. I hope that all hon. Members will agree with that. The referendum will not return every few years like general elections. (Committee 2nd sitting).
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 16:16]
A 2nd Referendum on 16:11 - Dec 1 with 1392 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 13:36 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

...and who said that?

He goes by the name of David Cameron.
A 2nd Referendum on 19:16 - Dec 1 with 1323 viewsCatullus

General elections are meant to be held regularly, a once in a generation vote isn't meant to be repeated 3 years later because the losers won't stop moaning about it.

Maybe we should make Derby and the Swans play again tomorrow because I'm not happy we lost

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A 2nd Referendum on 19:24 - Dec 1 with 1319 viewsSirjohnalot

It doesn’t matter how I voted.

The thought process behind the second vote is that the first promised a lot of things which don’t appear to have been delivered. It’s hard to carry through a ‘leave’ vote on based on ideals which now appear to be different.

A vote now would be clear. These are the terms upon which we leave, do you therefore leave on these terms or stay ? (Not sure a no deal would be a realistic prospect )
A 2nd Referendum on 19:37 - Dec 1 with 1302 viewsCatullus

A 2nd Referendum on 19:24 - Dec 1 by Sirjohnalot

It doesn’t matter how I voted.

The thought process behind the second vote is that the first promised a lot of things which don’t appear to have been delivered. It’s hard to carry through a ‘leave’ vote on based on ideals which now appear to be different.

A vote now would be clear. These are the terms upon which we leave, do you therefore leave on these terms or stay ? (Not sure a no deal would be a realistic prospect )

When we vote governments in and they don't deliver on their promises, do we demand another general election 2 years later? If we had a general election every time we weren't happy with our government, we'd be having one every year!!

The referendum was once in a generation, it's been repeated no end of times. However, just suppose we had another vote and chose remain and for the following 2 years leavers carried on kicking up a stink, would the remainers happily have a third referendum? Where does it stop? We already know that if we remain our terms will change, our rebates will be whittled away, our contributions will rise and the EU wants ever more integration. Verhostadts speech made it very clear that they want more control. What do remainers really want, to live in a sovereign Uk or to be a region in a federal superstate?
Suppose we had another vote and chose leave again, what will remainers say then, best of 5?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A 2nd Referendum on 19:49 - Dec 1 with 1289 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 19:37 - Dec 1 by Catullus

When we vote governments in and they don't deliver on their promises, do we demand another general election 2 years later? If we had a general election every time we weren't happy with our government, we'd be having one every year!!

The referendum was once in a generation, it's been repeated no end of times. However, just suppose we had another vote and chose remain and for the following 2 years leavers carried on kicking up a stink, would the remainers happily have a third referendum? Where does it stop? We already know that if we remain our terms will change, our rebates will be whittled away, our contributions will rise and the EU wants ever more integration. Verhostadts speech made it very clear that they want more control. What do remainers really want, to live in a sovereign Uk or to be a region in a federal superstate?
Suppose we had another vote and chose leave again, what will remainers say then, best of 5?

If a,government was elected on a very narrow majority and delivered none of its pre election promises, I doubt it would survive 2 years.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

A 2nd Referendum on 19:53 - Dec 1 with 1280 viewsScottishEddie

A 2nd Referendum on 19:37 - Dec 1 by Catullus

General elections are meant to be held regularly, not once a generation vote.

A 2nd Referendum on 19:53 - Dec 1 with 1282 viewspencoedjack

A 2nd Referendum on 13:33 - Dec 1 by trinityann

Thats exactly how I feel, I would vote leave again and then never vote again.

Spot on fella
A 2nd Referendum on 19:54 - Dec 1 with 1278 viewsbluey_the_blue

Every year there are more youngsters "eligible to vote".

Let's have general elections every year then...

"Future being flushed down the toilet". More hypothetical nonsense, can't tell until / if it happens - let's not forget Remainers claimed an immediate recession on a leave vote, there would be an emergency budget etc.

Ah, "racists". Yup, all leave voters clearly racist scum. If only remainers like you were the only people alive, things would be so wonderful with unicorns for all, free or otherwise.
A 2nd Referendum on 19:57 - Dec 1 with 1270 viewsScottishEddie

Calm down mate, think of your blood pressure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024