Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424943 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:12 - Apr 15 with 2050 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:24 - Apr 15 by CountyJim

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/vlAX2920ZOdN

Not sure if that link works

Dangerous site warning.
Corona Virus on 12:26 - Apr 15 with 2025 viewsScotia

Iran have got the testing sorted.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/coronavirus/2020/04/15/IRGC-unveils-new-alleged
Corona Virus on 12:38 - Apr 15 with 2009 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 12:26 - Apr 15 by Scotia

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/coronavirus/2020/04/15/IRGC-unveils-new-alleged

You really think so?

Failing to pick it up in 1 in 5 people they test doesn't sound 'sorted' to me.
Corona Virus on 12:49 - Apr 15 with 1990 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 12:38 - Apr 15 by Garyjack

You really think so?

I'm pretty certain it isn't picking it up in 5 out of 5 people.
Corona Virus on 13:04 - Apr 15 with 1980 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 12:38 - Apr 15 by Garyjack

You really think so?

No. It sounds like a second wave waiting to happen. Then a third.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 13:29 - Apr 15 with 1940 viewschad

For anyone who has watched those documentaries Men in Black, it is certainly conceptually possible to effectively zap a large group of people

Dogs can sniff out cancer, scanners can detect and blow away (quite literally) misshapen Pom Bears at a phenomenal rate, so why not. Accuracy will be the litmus test (hold on it could actually be a type of litmus test)

Anyway fabley speaking it could prove the tortoise to our testing hare
Corona Virus on 14:04 - Apr 15 with 1908 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 12:12 - Apr 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Dangerous site warning.

Not surprising. It's a picture of a bloke that seems to have had a pineapple unexpectedly shoved up him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 14:10 - Apr 15 with 1893 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They need to.

They're miles behind UK in numbers tested per head of population and that bar is set very low.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 14:18 - Apr 15 with 1883 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 14:04 - Apr 15 by monmouth

Not surprising. It's a picture of a bloke that seems to have had a pineapple unexpectedly shoved up him.

Oh feck I posted the wrong link !
Corona Virus on 14:21 - Apr 15 with 1881 viewsHighjack

I’m surprised it’s taken them this long considering what a modern and sophisticated country they are

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 15 with 1829 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-52296196

Well done Connie nice to have some good news
Corona Virus on 16:29 - Apr 15 with 1773 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 15 by CountyJim

Excellent.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Apr 15 with 1674 viewschad

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 15 by CountyJim

Brilliant to come through it at that age, pretty amazing,

I wonder if there is something to learn about her and others like her that could be helpful in fighting this virus?
Corona Virus on 20:14 - Apr 15 with 1623 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Apr 15 by chad

I wonder if there is something to learn about her and others like her that could be helpful in fighting this virus?

The simplistic answer is that it’s the luck of the draw.

The answer that may emerge down the line could be that there is a genetic influence determining how some are getting it far more severely than others. Added to there being a difference in outcomes depending on the viral load. And potentially that certain illnesses and/or medications and vaccines received in the past may be having an effect. The BCG being one theory.

Everyone is struck by the disproportionate number of severe and fatal outcomes in people of an ethnic minority background in the UK. A Jewish background as well. It may be due to cultural differences (multi generational living), it may be due to an over representation of those communities in the health service and amongst carers, or it may point to some substance in theories of genetic dispositions to different outcomes.
Corona Virus on 21:00 - Apr 15 with 1565 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 18:52 - Apr 15 by chad

By making it to that age it would suggest a robust constitution and genetic makeup in the first place. Luck of the parental lottery for the most part. Depends how much of the virus she copped in the first place too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 21:01 - Apr 15 with 1562 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:14 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

The simplistic answer is that it’s the luck of the draw.

The answer that may emerge down the line could be that there is a genetic influence determining how some are getting it far more severely than others. Added to there being a difference in outcomes depending on the viral load. And potentially that certain illnesses and/or medications and vaccines received in the past may be having an effect. The BCG being one theory.

Everyone is struck by the disproportionate number of severe and fatal outcomes in people of an ethnic minority background in the UK. A Jewish background as well. It may be due to cultural differences (multi generational living), it may be due to an over representation of those communities in the health service and amongst carers, or it may point to some substance in theories of genetic dispositions to different outcomes.

There are so, so many variables. It's going to be a major couple of years sifting through the aftermath to work things out at the end of it.

Corona Virus on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 1560 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:01 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

There are so, so many variables. It's going to be a major couple of years sifting through the aftermath to work things out at the end of it.

Yep. May take 20 years before they really understand what’s happened as some effects may be long term.
Corona Virus on 22:20 - Apr 15 with 1495 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 21:01 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

There is a long way to go, it's only a few months into a Worldwide Pandemic, let's hope for a good treatment soon.

Corona Virus on 22:28 - Apr 15 with 1479 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 22:20 - Apr 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

There is a long way to go, it's only a few months into a Worldwide Pandemic, let's hope for a good treatment soon.

Human trials starting on the Oxford University vaccine next Monday.
Corona Virus on 22:29 - Apr 15 with 1471 viewsDr_Winston

We'll have a vaccine well within that time. They'll be pouring countless millions into it to get things going again.

Working out exactly where things went wrong and how we got to this point may take a lot longer.

Corona Virus on 22:30 - Apr 15 with 1468 viewslifelong

Some are saying today that lockdown restrictions could ease within the next few weeks, but they shouldn’t be relaxed completely until a vaccine is available, that could be many months before we get back to normality....very sobering thought.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 22:34]
Corona Virus on 22:37 - Apr 15 with 1451 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:30 - Apr 15 by lifelong

Some are saying today that lockdown restrictions could ease within the next few weeks, but they shouldn’t be relaxed completely until a vaccine is available, that could be many months before we get back to normality....very sobering thought.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 22:34]

Cuomo was onto this today he was calling it a new normal until there is a good treatment or vaccine, he said it would not look like what we used to call normal and could last for many months.

Corona Virus on 22:38 - Apr 15 with 1449 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:28 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

Human trials starting on the Oxford University vaccine next Monday.

And apparently the immunologist is 80% confident it will work, I heard an interview with her last week and she sounded very confident. She also said that the amount of research that has gone into this coronavirus in 3 months is equivalent to about the first 15 years of research in to HIV.
Corona Virus on 22:41 - Apr 15 with 1437 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 22:38 - Apr 15 by Scotia

And apparently the immunologist is 80% confident it will work, I heard an interview with her last week and she sounded very confident. She also said that the amount of research that has gone into this coronavirus in 3 months is equivalent to about the first 15 years of research in to HIV.

Sarah Gilbert?

I’m sure none of us much care who develops the vaccine as long as some one develops one that works As quickly as possible, but if it’s a female Oxford scientist who does it that would be perfect.
Corona Virus on 22:52 - Apr 15 with 2114 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 22:41 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

Sarah Gilbert?

I’m sure none of us much care who develops the vaccine as long as some one develops one that works As quickly as possible, but if it’s a female Oxford scientist who does it that would be perfect.

Sarah, Adrian Hill and Helen McShane at the Jenner Institute are all very good. They usually get good results in U.K. trials but generally their vaccines have been less effective in field trials ( mainly in Africa for malaria and TB). Let’s hope this one works
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024