Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437356 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 23:21 - May 14 with 1770 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:13 - May 14 by rockj

It’s bloody long mate - any chance of a summary?

I got the idea she was against lockdown and that the vast majority of people this is a mild illness

There’s a lot of truth in that - we are throwing away liberties, trashing the lives of future generations, creating debt levels we might not be able to recover from, goodness knows how much collateral damage there is in terms of mental health, other illnesses etc

Lockdown was needed to get ducks in a row but my word people are not opening their eyes to this, they’re following a media narrative

Protect the vulnerable. Protect the elderly

Kids need schooling, young people need a life, adults need jobs

it's only an hour mun !. :) I just listened to it out the back this afternoon. You are more or less on track there with what you have said, but she goes into good detail about it, a lot more than I could get across.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 23:25]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:31 - May 14 with 1746 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 23:21 - May 14 by Jack123

it's only an hour mun !. :) I just listened to it out the back this afternoon. You are more or less on track there with what you have said, but she goes into good detail about it, a lot more than I could get across.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 23:25]

If you can, watch the video of Dr Judy Mikovits, it maybe difficult, it keeps getting taken down.
Corona Virus on 23:41 - May 14 with 1727 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:31 - May 14 by jack2jack

If you can, watch the video of Dr Judy Mikovits, it maybe difficult, it keeps getting taken down.

Yes, I have watched that one. Any problems watching taken down videos from you tube or wherever use this site, you will find them in a jiffy. https://banned.video/
[Post edited 14 May 2020 23:43]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:48 - May 14 with 1720 viewscontroversial_jack

I got the idea she was against lockdown and that the vast majority of people this is a mild illness

There’s a lot of truth in that - we are throwing away liberties, trashing the lives of future generations, creating debt levels we might not be able to recover from, goodness knows how much collateral damage there is in terms of mental health, other illnesses etc

Lockdown was needed to get ducks in a row but my word people are not opening their eyes to this, they’re following a media narrative

Economies will recover they always have, but families won't!
Corona Virus on 01:06 - May 15 with 1670 viewsLeonWasGod

We have to try to control this. Yes, we need to make sure liberties aren't eroded in the long run, so we should watch out for Govt programmes/actios that threaten that. But the first goal has to be seeing this virus off and keeping people safe. We need strong leadership for that. It's no use worrying about futue lives if we're going to kill those people thrugh sh*t leadershp.

Kids are getting schooling now. The curiculum is still being followed and every day kids are having work set. Teachers are stillmworking and so are the kids. There's an issue around vulbnerable kids, but that shouldn't affect all and the biger picture.

As for young people needing a life, they can just wait. It's hardly the end of he world. A bit of time away from rampant consumerism and a reset on what's reallly important will do them good.
Corona Virus on 07:11 - May 15 with 1587 viewsScotia

Any form of damage the lock down is doing to society is temporary. It maybe medium term damage it will hopefully be short term damage , but we will recover from it.
This is a virus that makes a small percentage of those, of all conditions and ages, very ill. It is very, very contagious so even a small percentage of 60 million people who live in this country is a lot of people to overwhelm the NHS. About 1% of these people will die.
It's not about the majority of people being slightly ill it's about the impacts of having 10's of thousands of very sick people overwhelming services, crippling the NHS and the economy at the same time. Remember hardly anyone has had it so far.
I honestly don't think any strategy to protect the vulnerable and let everyone else go back to normal would be very effective as there are too many of them playing a key role in society, and they'd probably end up getting it through essential contact with others anyway. A few months of society lock down is the only way of dealing with this situation, quarantine those coming from abroad, test, trace and isolate.
75 years ago this week we were emerging from a societal and economic crisis far more damaging and longer lasting than covid. We've done pretty well since then.
Corona Virus on 09:13 - May 15 with 1531 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 01:06 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

We have to try to control this. Yes, we need to make sure liberties aren't eroded in the long run, so we should watch out for Govt programmes/actios that threaten that. But the first goal has to be seeing this virus off and keeping people safe. We need strong leadership for that. It's no use worrying about futue lives if we're going to kill those people thrugh sh*t leadershp.

Kids are getting schooling now. The curiculum is still being followed and every day kids are having work set. Teachers are stillmworking and so are the kids. There's an issue around vulbnerable kids, but that shouldn't affect all and the biger picture.

As for young people needing a life, they can just wait. It's hardly the end of he world. A bit of time away from rampant consumerism and a reset on what's reallly important will do them good.

I don't know what every school is doing but our son is only getting about days worth of work a week. He does it all in one go, gets a good score in maths but he rushes the literacy work, it's untidy and strewn with errors and we end up arguing because I make him do it again, but still, one days worth.

Scotia, thing is we have to take into account the possibility of a second wave. It's become very clear which sections of society are hit hardest by the virus and many NHS jobs are filled by ethnic minorities. If we don't keep a lid on it we might find more NHS staff dying, people like,

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-14/doctor-tariq-shafi-coronavirus-covid-19-trib

It's a very fine line to tread for even a very good leader and we've hardly got that, in Westminster of Cardiff!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 09:25 - May 15 with 1515 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:33 - May 14 by Jack123

I watched this earlier, I found it very interesting.

[Post edited 14 May 2020 22:37]

I just watched the first 12 minutes and I may watch the rest later. She has made two big assertions so far, one we know is incorrect the other is very questionable.

She said that the under 50's will be fine unless they have a condiditon like cystic fibrosis - we know people have died with no underlying conditions at a younger age than 50, not many but some. Including a 13 year old, perhaps she would like to explain this to his family?

Also she has had the virus and is now immune for life - wonderful, I hope she is correct, but nobody can say this for certain.

The internet is a dangerous place!
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 09:32 - May 15 with 1505 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:25 - May 15 by Scotia

I just watched the first 12 minutes and I may watch the rest later. She has made two big assertions so far, one we know is incorrect the other is very questionable.

She said that the under 50's will be fine unless they have a condiditon like cystic fibrosis - we know people have died with no underlying conditions at a younger age than 50, not many but some. Including a 13 year old, perhaps she would like to explain this to his family?

Also she has had the virus and is now immune for life - wonderful, I hope she is correct, but nobody can say this for certain.

The internet is a dangerous place!

So debunking the narrative by spreading lies and inaccuracies? I won't watch it because there's enough nonsense on here (some of it mine) to wade through.

The www is indeed a dangerous place.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 09:57 - May 15 with 1482 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 22:32 - May 14 by waynekerr55

The Heil (I mean Mail) continuing the slurs on teachers.

Cúnts.

Chilling how openly our media will call for the serfs to lay down their lives. They want their teachers, cleaners, hairdressers and newagents out there exposing themselves to a virus to provide them a sense of comfort, normality and peace from the kids. And money, of course.
Corona Virus on 10:04 - May 15 with 1473 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 09:57 - May 15 by jasper_T

Chilling how openly our media will call for the serfs to lay down their lives. They want their teachers, cleaners, hairdressers and newagents out there exposing themselves to a virus to provide them a sense of comfort, normality and peace from the kids. And money, of course.

That headline is an absolute pisss take! Millions will be reading that saying WTF!!

With a household that has a foot in both camp... Teacher and children of school age.... The safety of all is in our minds NOT putting everyone into the lions den to early.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 10:32 - May 15 with 1439 viewsSoberBaker

Corona Virus on 23:41 - May 14 by Jack123

Yes, I have watched that one. Any problems watching taken down videos from you tube or wherever use this site, you will find them in a jiffy. https://banned.video/
[Post edited 14 May 2020 23:43]

Had a few malware issues with that site.

Bitchute is decent for this stuff and more importantly pretty secure.

INTERVIEW WITH JUDY MIKOVITS - https://www.bitchute.com/video/sHrpUplJPTUE/

AMOW

Corona Virus on 11:35 - May 15 with 1386 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 09:32 - May 15 by Catullus

So debunking the narrative by spreading lies and inaccuracies? I won't watch it because there's enough nonsense on here (some of it mine) to wade through.

The www is indeed a dangerous place.

Any worse than listening to the lies and inaccuracies coming from the governments of the world. Just a thought!
Corona Virus on 12:02 - May 15 with 1351 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:35 - May 15 by jack2jack

Any worse than listening to the lies and inaccuracies coming from the governments of the world. Just a thought!

The government may be making a hash of the issues, but it is her spouting lies and inaccuracies. She is a dangerous lunatic.

She obviously has some sort of agenda.
Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 15 with 1303 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 12:02 - May 15 by Scotia

The government may be making a hash of the issues, but it is her spouting lies and inaccuracies. She is a dangerous lunatic.

She obviously has some sort of agenda.

The agenda for many on YouTube is not a deep rooted opinion or belief but the desire to get as many views and likes as possible to maximise income.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 13:27 - May 15 with 1263 viewsScotia

I've just read our First Ministers road map out of lock down. I thought Boris' announcement was vague!
Corona Virus on 13:33 - May 15 with 1253 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 15 by Highjack

The agenda for many on YouTube is not a deep rooted opinion or belief but the desire to get as many views and likes as possible to maximise income.

I thought I would read some of the comments underneath it before I watched it.
If that's what watching it turns you into I'm definitely not watching it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 13:34 - May 15 with 1250 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 22:32 - May 14 by waynekerr55

The Heil (I mean Mail) continuing the slurs on teachers.

Cúnts.

Strange way to spell 'Martyrs', not see that before.
Corona Virus on 13:55 - May 15 with 1227 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 13:27 - May 15 by Scotia

I've just read our First Ministers road map out of lock down. I thought Boris' announcement was vague!

I love the name: “Unlocking our society and economy: continuing the conversation”

It’s snappy slogans like that which sets Mr Drakeford apart.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 14:01 - May 15 with 1216 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 15 by Highjack

Grifters love a national crisis.
Corona Virus on 15:05 - May 15 with 1168 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 13:55 - May 15 by Highjack

I love the name: “Unlocking our society and economy: continuing the conversation”

It’s snappy slogans like that which sets Mr Drakeford apart.

True. He needs to stay alert.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 15:19 - May 15 with 1146 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 15:05 - May 15 by monmouth

He does. We need as many lerts as possible during this crisis and he’s our head lert.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 15:20 - May 15 with 1141 viewsmonmouth

Interesting again from Jenkins. What we really have is an experiment with no controls, which makes evaluation of successful choices on the difficult side of difficult. I think it’s difficult, but not impossible no doubt, to argue that Hong Kong didn’t get things right, personally, and UK, very wrong.

Maybe Pikey can tell us what he thinks, then we’ll know what’s wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/15/europe-emerges-lockdown-qu
[Post edited 15 May 2020 15:21]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 15:39 - May 15 with 1123 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:05 - May 15 by monmouth

Mark was born alert. Take a look at this face. Note the alertness. If anyone snuck up on him he’d pounce like a coiled snake.

Corona Virus on 16:23 - May 15 with 1073 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:20 - May 15 by monmouth

Interesting again from Jenkins. What we really have is an experiment with no controls, which makes evaluation of successful choices on the difficult side of difficult. I think it’s difficult, but not impossible no doubt, to argue that Hong Kong didn’t get things right, personally, and UK, very wrong.

Maybe Pikey can tell us what he thinks, then we’ll know what’s wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/15/europe-emerges-lockdown-qu
[Post edited 15 May 2020 15:21]

The reports emerging today of the breakdown of infection rates in the UK are going to end up showing why what has happened has happened (if you see what I mean).

If we are to believe them, and they are coming from pretty reputable sources at Public Health England and Cambridge University, the virus has virtually disappeared in London, with infection rates of c. 200,000 people per day (yes, that’s PER DAY) in February / early March now, according to them, standing at about 10-20 people per day. And several million of us have been infected (hmm - let’s wait for the antibody testing).

If that is correct, the virus was so widespread in the UK so early that it’s hard to see how the UK could possibly have locked down early enough to prevent widespread infection. Because we simply didn’t have mass testing early enough at a high enough level (the single biggest failing in terms of the virus in the community rather than specific settings, such as care homes, although more of that later).

But, the other Interesting stuff is that the data suggests a fatality rate of around 0.6%. Far higher than flu, but lower than the scientists thought at the start. But it’s also completely apparent that certain groups are getting it far, far worse. Not only various ethnic groupings, but also, according to general level of health. I don’t mean health as in actual diseases you may have, but health as in levels of being overweight, diabetes, blood pressure type health. With factors such as vitamin deficiency, deficiency of certain minerals, and, of course, oestrogen (a factor in the male vs female numbers).

We, together with the Americans, and certain European countries, are an overweight, sedentary lot, with a lot of mild (and not so mild) issues with blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and, for a significant
Percentage of the population, a shitty diet, full of junk. We’ve a rubbish climate, live inside too much and hardly walk anywhere. All of these things seem to me to be exacerbated by wealth inequality. Many of the countries with better outcomes, have healthier people, with far less incidence of obesity (you never see many overweight people from countries like Japan, or Korea), are more ‘outdoorsy’ (the Scandinavians) or with better diets (pretty much everywhere apart from countries like Belgium who’ve had a similarly torrid time).

Rates of poor outcomes are far higher in poorer areas - it’s partly because people can’t lock down and work from home perhaps, but it’s not only that as that explains infections being higher but not outcomes being worse for those infected.

To me, the real scandal of this is less the timing of lockdown (I’ve said before I think this hit far earlier than we thought) but more the general social factors that have contributed to our shitty numbers - we HAVE to move forward with a healthier, more equal society, with better nutrition, health education, preventative rather than reactive public health measures, and more active lifestyles. Perhaps Johnson realising that his case was severe due to his size will drive a different public health agenda? Shutting up school playing fields and allowing KFC and the like to dominate society to such an extent that people will sit in queues for hours to get a burger when they reopen is not good public health policy.

On the issue of care homes, the report in the Guardian suggesting that they are finding that lockdown is, in itself causing awful outcomes to those in care homes, is deeply upsetting. Reports from staff are saying that residents are simply ‘giving up’. We all know of older people I’m sure where we’ve seen this happen - often following the death of a loved one, the partner will simply lose the will to live and go downhill rapidly. A huge percentage of those in care homes have some form of dementia, and the thought that they simply can’t understand why no one is visiting anymore is heartbreaking.
We need to try to find a solution. I know we have to stop the spread of infection, but the large number of excess deaths in care homes where the virus isn’t a cause suggests that the reports from care homes staff, albeit anecdotal, has a genuine ring of truth. Perhaps testing relatives and, if clear, allowing them to visit is an answer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024