Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424880 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Mar 22 with 1542 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:20 - Mar 22 by Dr_Winston

This.

There are too many people just looking at the numbers alone. Where are the deaths occurring? Evenly spread across Italy or mostly in the worst hit areas? Are those areas the same ones that saw an influx of Chinese workers returning after the New Year celebrations or different ones?

I saw something earlier which suggested far more deaths in one region of Italy than any other.

The virus took hold in hospitals in that region of course, before being recognised for what it was.

All we can do is hope that we are different. And bloody stay inside unless absolutely necessary.
Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 22 with 1533 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Mar 22 by Jack_Kass

His reasoning for methodology in regards to population
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 20:27]

Fair enough. Not sure id agree with his logic. Would love to see his model tbh and pick holes in loads of his assumptions and the many he has not included.

Who is he anyway?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 20:30 - Mar 22 with 1509 viewsmajorraglan

There's an article on Walesonline about day trippers and people coming to stay in West Wales and the leaders of Pembs, Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire County Councils and the Health Board are all expressing concern about the impact the visitors will have on resources. Trecco Bay in Porthcawl took a bit of a slamming for being open too. Quite a few of the big holiday parks have now closed, but they all need to close and people need to isolate.

Drakers, Sturgeon and Boris need to get the lock down sorted, pubs, restaurants who won't close, the owners need to be fined (big fines) and have the licence taken off them so they can't reopen after this is over, same for caravan parks, breaching the lock down without good cause equals fine, the more often they breach the bigger the fine gets and if they still don't learn its name and shame and jail. This is about saving potentially hundreds of thousands of lives including the vulnerable and the emergency services workers, NHS staff etc.
Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 22 with 1503 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:24 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I saw something earlier which suggested far more deaths in one region of Italy than any other.

The virus took hold in hospitals in that region of course, before being recognised for what it was.

All we can do is hope that we are different. And bloody stay inside unless absolutely necessary.

The Lombardy region has taken an absolute hiding, Bergamo and Milan in particular have had thousands of cases. In Calabria (2m population) to the South of the country they've had 235 cases in total. That's what gives me optimism about Swansea and Wales if we can get our act together on distancing.

Darker colours are worst affected areas.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 22 with 1500 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Wife and I both working from home now for the duration. Any tips to avoid a messy divorce?

No tips sorry.... but if you come up with any let me know, I'd be eternally grateful.

2nd full day of isolation and the wife moaned like f*ck at me for telling her she had had a message on the her mobile while she was upstairs.

I tell you what, I'm in more danger of the wife killing me than the virus.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 22 with 1493 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 22 by PozuelosSideys

Fair enough. Not sure id agree with his logic. Would love to see his model tbh and pick holes in loads of his assumptions and the many he has not included.

Who is he anyway?

Stats guy for the Financial Times, so its in his usual day job

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Corona Virus on 20:35 - Mar 22 with 1482 viewsHighjack

Remain indoors.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 20:36 - Mar 22 with 1478 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:35 - Mar 22 by Highjack

Remain indoors.

Don't think about The Event.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:37 - Mar 22 with 1477 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 22 by Jack_Kass

Stats guy for the Financial Times, so its in his usual day job

Ah ok. Hes basically doing similar to the numbers i put up a couple of pages back. They are just an isolated metric. Will certainly attract hits and talking points. Think as Lisa mentioned, we would be far better off listening to people who know what theyre tallking about rather than the FT's resident graduate

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 1472 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 20:35 - Mar 22 by Highjack

Remain indoors.

Being a key worker this is going to be a problem.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 20:46 - Mar 22 with 1449 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 22 by Dr_Winston

The Lombardy region has taken an absolute hiding, Bergamo and Milan in particular have had thousands of cases. In Calabria (2m population) to the South of the country they've had 235 cases in total. That's what gives me optimism about Swansea and Wales if we can get our act together on distancing.

I was due to fly to Bergamo this afternoon. I booked it about a month ago and sometime before it all went off the scale in seriousness. I now find myself waking up each day and muttering “WTF” to myself about the position we now find ourselves in.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 20:49 - Mar 22 with 1446 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:46 - Mar 22 by Cooperman

I was due to fly to Bergamo this afternoon. I booked it about a month ago and sometime before it all went off the scale in seriousness. I now find myself waking up each day and muttering “WTF” to myself about the position we now find ourselves in.

I was due to be in London next week. Booked about the same time.

The speed of this thing has been insane. Just hope the downhill slope is the same, but probably won't be.

Corona Virus on 20:56 - Mar 22 with 1418 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 22 by Flashberryjack

No tips sorry.... but if you come up with any let me know, I'd be eternally grateful.

2nd full day of isolation and the wife moaned like f*ck at me for telling her she had had a message on the her mobile while she was upstairs.

I tell you what, I'm in more danger of the wife killing me than the virus.

My missus hasn’t yet grasped the mobile part of mobile phone either.
Corona Virus on 20:59 - Mar 22 with 1411 viewsWarwickHunt

Wife and I both working from home now for the duration. Any tips to avoid a messy divorce?

Laptop, garden shed. Or separate rooms on different floors as a bare minimum.
Corona Virus on 21:04 - Mar 22 with 1397 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:59 - Mar 22 by WarwickHunt

We’ve agreed I get the kitchen and her the living room. The dog can choose his location.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:07 - Mar 22 with 1381 viewsexiledclaseboy

McDonald’s closing all 23,500 outlets from tomorrow.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:14 - Mar 22 with 1362 viewslonglostjack

Don’t contradict anything she says. It‘ll work for a while until it dawns on her that she‘s lost a sparring partner. That won’t be right then either and you’ll have to work out a Plan B. Let me know if you find one.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 21:24 - Mar 22 with 1320 viewsPacemaker

Very good programme on Channel 4 tonight giving very good advice and a simple explanation for those who are still not getting it.

Corona virus How to isolate yourself

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Corona Virus on 21:24 - Mar 22 with 1319 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 21:07 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

McDonald’s closing all 23,500 outlets from tomorrow.

The Coronary care units will see the benefits of this in 20 years time I suppose.

Sad times for all workers affected

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Mar 22 with 1312 viewsoldcob

As I stated on another thread, I'm 75 with advanced prostate cancer. Last week I volunteered for a medical trial in the treatment of same. It requires I go for a blood test in Neath/Port Talbot Hospital on Tues, then over to Singleton for results on Thursday, this needs to be repeated every two weeks for three months. Plus next month I have to go to my surgery for my three monthly injection. I am supposed to be isolated. I am suffering cancer, high blood pressure, and part of the treatment is steroids, all high risk factors, added to the fact the steroids weaken my immune system.
If I refuse treatment and didn't go outside the door I would still probably last a couple of years. If I caught the virus I could be gone in a couple a weeks, and risk infecting my wife of same age. If I should not get the coronavirus, it is probable it could add years to my life, this new treatment is quite successful. Dilemma or what?
Corona Virus on 21:29 - Mar 22 with 1306 viewsPacemaker

Been working from home since Tuesday, locked myself in study, I have nothing to do with the Mrs until work has finished for the day.

The one day we broke this rule we argued.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Corona Virus on 21:31 - Mar 22 with 1292 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 22 by Dr_Winston

You can have this FWIW. My wife went to Milan for a couple of days about 15 years ago. When she returned she couldn't stop talking about how many Chinese people there were there. Not tourists, but working in restaurants, shops, etc. She's been reminding me of that ever since, ad nauseam - and not just since this pandemic started. Every time something would come on telly about Italy, like Rick Stein's weekend series. I kid you not. She said at the time that if she hadn't known better she'd have thought she was in China. Whether it's significant or not is anybody's guess.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:37]
Corona Virus on 21:41 - Mar 22 with 1258 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 20:59 - Mar 22 by WarwickHunt

I had you down as a summer house man...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 21:42 - Mar 22 with 1251 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 21:29 - Mar 22 by Pacemaker

Been working from home since Tuesday, locked myself in study, I have nothing to do with the Mrs until work has finished for the day.

The one day we broke this rule we argued.

This.

Although mobile based the days I'm in part of wanted to hot desk in London or Peterborough

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 21:42 - Mar 22 with 1245 viewsoldcob

Corona Virus on 21:31 - Mar 22 by ploppy

You can have this FWIW. My wife went to Milan for a couple of days about 15 years ago. When she returned she couldn't stop talking about how many Chinese people there were there. Not tourists, but working in restaurants, shops, etc. She's been reminding me of that ever since, ad nauseam - and not just since this pandemic started. Every time something would come on telly about Italy, like Rick Stein's weekend series. I kid you not. She said at the time that if she hadn't known better she'd have thought she was in China. Whether it's significant or not is anybody's guess.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:37]

Ditto London, and it's raging there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024