Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The London Government v WAG 22:36 - Apr 24 with 4134 viewsDarran

Independent Wales my arse.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-52409358?__twitter_impression=true

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The London Government v WAG on 17:47 - Apr 25 with 1081 viewsexiledclaseboy

The London Government v WAG on 17:45 - Apr 25 by Darran

Do you know how to?

Haven’t got a clue.

Poll: Tory leader

The London Government v WAG on 17:48 - Apr 25 with 1076 viewsDarran

The London Government v WAG on 17:47 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Haven’t got a clue.

The London Government v WAG on 18:58 - Apr 25 with 1033 viewsJackSomething

The London Government v WAG on 12:39 - Apr 25 by BillyChong

Debenhams are already cooked, they’ve already closed their Irish stores. This is them trying to push attention away from their own failings.

Exactly. So obvious I'm surprised anyone is falling for it. I guess anyone criticising WG for it think they should change the rules and therefore have less money in the pot for smaller businesses?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The London Government v WAG on 21:44 - Apr 25 with 988 viewsmajorraglan

If they go under it’s a lot of jobs gone, but if the WAG don’t have enough money and they can’t get more money from Westminster, they stick to their guns, about turn or pay a reduced percentage to all.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay anything to those companies based in tax havens and would see what’s left after that. My preference would be to back small businesses - if they survive they are more likely to pay taxes here than some of these multinationals.
The London Government v WAG on 21:53 - Apr 25 with 978 viewsDarran

The London Government v WAG on 21:44 - Apr 25 by majorraglan

If they go under it’s a lot of jobs gone, but if the WAG don’t have enough money and they can’t get more money from Westminster, they stick to their guns, about turn or pay a reduced percentage to all.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay anything to those companies based in tax havens and would see what’s left after that. My preference would be to back small businesses - if they survive they are more likely to pay taxes here than some of these multinationals.

Yes absolutely but the knock on of losing the Swansea store could have big consequences.

The London Government v WAG on 22:01 - Apr 25 with 969 viewsmajorraglan

The London Government v WAG on 21:53 - Apr 25 by Darran

Yes absolutely but the knock on of losing the Swansea store could have big consequences.

Totally agree. The Council early need to get their act together, mate of mine has a business in Swansea and he recently announced he's going to call it a day. Footfall is down on account of the continual building work, Covid19 and some other stuff. I hope he sticks at it, but not sure he will. The Council really needs to sort things out, it could be a great destination.
The London Government v WAG on 22:40 - Apr 25 with 960 viewsBanosswan

The London Government v WAG on 21:53 - Apr 25 by Darran

Swansea store is one of their most profitable apparently. Its why their benefit cosmetics stall often has national exclusives.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The London Government v WAG on 22:47 - Apr 25 with 954 viewsDr_Winston

The London Government v WAG on 17:46 - Apr 25 by Highjack

Mod wars!

Standards have plummeted already.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The London Government v WAG on 23:01 - Apr 25 with 933 viewsGaryjack

The London Government v WAG on 22:47 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

Standards have plummeted already.

What the hell has Phil done!
The London Government v WAG on 08:46 - Apr 26 with 864 viewsepaul

It'll be a sad day when Debenhams closes one of the original stores when the Quadrant opened, my mam worked there on one of the jewellery counters back in the early 80's

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The London Government v WAG on 09:56 - Apr 26 with 831 viewsjohnlangy

The London Government v WAG on 16:13 - Apr 25 by Catullus

I didn't think we'd bailed out Barclays? It's irrelevant really.

I never saw the attraction of Debenhams anyway, it always seemed over priced to me.

I don't see it as Westmister v the Senedd anyway, I see them as just as bad as each other and if we have to pay for tqually useless politicians I'm much rather only have to pay forone lot.
Making us pay for more than one level of incompetent politicians really is taking the mick.

Besides, Online has been killing these big store based businesses for years, a slow, painful death.

I agree Catullus. An up arrow from me.

Imagine if we only had to pay £60 million (as far as i'm aware) for the WAG. Imagine how much we'd save from not only saving our share of the cost of the Westminster government but also our share of the cost of the grotesque House Of Lords.
The London Government v WAG on 10:05 - Apr 26 with 820 viewsBest_loser

Tata steel who employ about 8000 in wales want 500 million in assistance from the government
The London Government v WAG on 10:08 - Apr 26 with 815 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The London Government v WAG on 22:40 - Apr 25 by Banosswan

Swansea store is one of their most profitable apparently. Its why their benefit cosmetics stall often has national exclusives.

Once Debenhams goes from Swansea it’s pound shops and mobile phone repairers moving in from then on. And possibly a tattooist. The quadrant and Swansea would be f*cked without it .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The London Government v WAG on 10:10 - Apr 26 with 810 viewscontroversial_jack

Should taxpayers money bail out private corporations?
The London Government v WAG on 10:10 - Apr 26 with 810 viewsDarran

The London Government v WAG on 10:05 - Apr 26 by Best_loser

Tata steel who employ about 8000 in wales want 500 million in assistance from the government

The country is going to be bankrupt in all fairness.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/tata-seeks-hundreds-millions-governme

The London Government v WAG on 10:36 - Apr 26 with 787 viewsNeath_Jack

The London Government v WAG on 10:05 - Apr 26 by Best_loser

They are bang in trouble, and they weren't too clever prior to this happening. All planned CAPEX projects stopped for the foreseeable future, a couple of major contractors haven't been paid. More of their staff to go on furlough shortly, losing around £40 million a month at the moment. India already warned them last year that they are not going to keep bailing them out.

If that place goes, it will devastate South Wales.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The London Government v WAG on 13:47 - Apr 27 with 723 viewsCatullus

The London Government v WAG on 09:56 - Apr 26 by johnlangy

I agree Catullus. An up arrow from me.

Imagine if we only had to pay £60 million (as far as i'm aware) for the WAG. Imagine how much we'd save from not only saving our share of the cost of the Westminster government but also our share of the cost of the grotesque House Of Lords.

As I said during the brexit 'debate', John, I might even accept independence if we didn't have to pay anything to Westminster oe the EU! If it came to it though, if the EU could be properly reformed it probably is the way forward. No other national European governments, just regional elected councils.

To me, fewer politicians is always a better idea.

In reality right now though, reversing devolution and having one UK government is the best choice for me. If Covid-19 has done anything, hasn't it shown the problems with globalisation and allowing your own country to lose it's manufacturing capabilities? Deakeford said something similar today, he said this crisis shows the need to be able to produce our own PPE.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The London Government v WAG on 08:09 - Apr 29 with 621 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good news wag have hired Gordon brown as a consultant to help them get the Welsh economy booming after the virus.
This is the chancellor who killed of the best pension system in Europe then sold our gold at rock bottom prices.

The ineptitude of the Welsh Assembly knows no limits.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The London Government v WAG on 08:17 - Apr 29 with 614 viewsWhiterockin

The London Government v WAG on 10:10 - Apr 26 by controversial_jack

Should taxpayers money bail out private corporations?

Is it any different to paying large grants to private corporations with foreign owners to set up here. Its all about jobs, local economy and trying to sustain a viable future for an area.
The London Government v WAG on 08:42 - Apr 29 with 598 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why has Wales second biggest city still not got it's own coronavirus drive in testing centre. The area has three major hospitals, Morriston, singleton and neath portalbot. Are key workers expected to drive 0ver 40 miles to get tested?

Come on Welsh Assembly get your act together.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The London Government v WAG on 08:46 - Apr 29 with 598 viewsYrAlarch

Gordon Brown!

Jeez! This is the mentally unstable (allegedly) ex Chancellor of the Exchequer under whose tenure the controls over the Banks were relaxed to such an extent that it precipitated the crisis of 2008 and resulted in us taxpayers having to fork out to rescue them.

Shouldn't touch him with a bargepole and doesn't say much for those in the WAG.
The London Government v WAG on 09:06 - Apr 29 with 579 viewsBest_loser

The London Government v WAG on 08:46 - Apr 29 by YrAlarch

Gordon Brown!

Jeez! This is the mentally unstable (allegedly) ex Chancellor of the Exchequer under whose tenure the controls over the Banks were relaxed to such an extent that it precipitated the crisis of 2008 and resulted in us taxpayers having to fork out to rescue them.

Can you tell us how much the national debt has increased since 2010 please

Thatcher unregulated the city of london, it was called the big bang

It was a world financial crash that started in America with the failure of Lehman brothers, Brown helped stop it becoming much worse
The London Government v WAG on 09:20 - Apr 29 with 558 viewsmonmouth

The London Government v WAG on 08:46 - Apr 29 by YrAlarch

Gordon Brown!

Is that a serious post?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The London Government v WAG on 09:22 - Apr 29 with 554 viewsdickythorpe

The London Government v WAG on 08:46 - Apr 26 by epaul

It'll be a sad day when Debenhams closes one of the original stores when the Quadrant opened, my mam worked there on one of the jewellery counters back in the early 80's

Always worth a nose round. Used to love seeing the ladies getting done up at the make up counters, some nice looking staff as well.
The London Government v WAG on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 547 viewsFieryJack

The London Government v WAG on 09:22 - Apr 29 by dickythorpe

Always worth a nose round. Used to love seeing the ladies getting done up at the make up counters, some nice looking staff as well.

Used to be busy with posh ladies from Gower on a Saturday & was nice to cut through there from the bus station to the HMV shop.

A sad loss to Swansea if it goes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024