Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper is now worrying me 10:12 - Feb 9 with 5446 viewsNotLoyal

Yesterday we were 2-1 up, based on I would say HT talk, slight change in formation, we were pushing on the back four and it worked.
However, at 2-1 Cocu changed his formation and tactics, two subs on and Rooney pushed forwards maybe ten metres. This totally stuffed us, it was blatantly obvious from that point Derby had the flexibility to change and it paid off. Albeit from mistakes in midfield by us, Routledge especially. Cooper didn’t react, there was nothing, no matching Cocu’s changes, we just dropped back, gave the ball away and lost the game. This for me was down to Cooper and Marsh, they seemed devoid of any ability to at least redress the balance. Game to game I am getting increasingly worried by Cooper and his tactical nouse in game time. I know he is new to this, and it’s now clear we won’t be challenging for any top 6 spot unless something drastically changes. I’m worried.

And I will add an edit, we didn’t give Rooney anything other than respect yesterday, three hard challenges from 3 separate players and a bit of bite and he would have faded from the game. Instead we may have well passed the ball to him ... oh hang on.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 10:20]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper is now worrying me on 10:30 - Feb 9 with 3312 viewsjojaca

Rooney was technically on another level to anyone else on the pitch. His first touch, vision and passing was nice to see after watching Grimes week in and week out.

Even when you know, you never know?

Cooper is now worrying me on 11:01 - Feb 9 with 3191 viewsHighjack

There’s just no leadership on or off the pitch. Rookie keeper, two rookie CB’s, two rookie CM’s, rookie striker. They do have talent but it’s clear we are being turned over time and time again by teams who are just far more streetwise and clever about playing the game. We were completely rope a doped yesterday. We punched ourselves out trying to get back into the match and they were happy to just sit back and hit us on the occasional counter. They had far more energy than us for that last 20 minutes as a result and it really showed. It was completely obvious what was happening to 90% of the crowd but our management team just didn’t notice. The astonishing ease of teams counter attacking unopposed because it takes our midfield twenty minutes to huff and puff back has been a massive problem for a while now. We concede the same goals over and over and over again - stupid misplaced pass intercepted suddenly it’s a four on three at the back. Bam, goal.
Meanwhile Cooper does not notice or care that every single player is completely f*cked as he’s just strolling up and down the touch line looking at the ground with his hands in his pockets. Substitutions are available but we don’t bother with old fashioned shite like fresh legs.

To be fair to Cooper I do think he’s got one of the most difficult jobs in the division as he’s working with a bunch of rookies and the squad is shrinking all the time. Points wise it’s clear he’s doing very well, but our home form is absolutely shocking and we keep making the same stupid f*cking mistakes and don’t learn from them. Next season we will be completely f*cked. At least 75% of that starting line up from yesterday will be gone, plus most of the bench and VDH etc.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cooper is now worrying me on 11:02 - Feb 9 with 3193 viewsGowerjack

It's a dread phrase bit Cooper has no idea of "game management "

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cooper is now worrying me on 11:10 - Feb 9 with 3168 views3swan

Cooper is now worrying me on 11:01 - Feb 9 by Highjack

There’s just no leadership on or off the pitch. Rookie keeper, two rookie CB’s, two rookie CM’s, rookie striker. They do have talent but it’s clear we are being turned over time and time again by teams who are just far more streetwise and clever about playing the game. We were completely rope a doped yesterday. We punched ourselves out trying to get back into the match and they were happy to just sit back and hit us on the occasional counter. They had far more energy than us for that last 20 minutes as a result and it really showed. It was completely obvious what was happening to 90% of the crowd but our management team just didn’t notice. The astonishing ease of teams counter attacking unopposed because it takes our midfield twenty minutes to huff and puff back has been a massive problem for a while now. We concede the same goals over and over and over again - stupid misplaced pass intercepted suddenly it’s a four on three at the back. Bam, goal.
Meanwhile Cooper does not notice or care that every single player is completely f*cked as he’s just strolling up and down the touch line looking at the ground with his hands in his pockets. Substitutions are available but we don’t bother with old fashioned shite like fresh legs.

To be fair to Cooper I do think he’s got one of the most difficult jobs in the division as he’s working with a bunch of rookies and the squad is shrinking all the time. Points wise it’s clear he’s doing very well, but our home form is absolutely shocking and we keep making the same stupid f*cking mistakes and don’t learn from them. Next season we will be completely f*cked. At least 75% of that starting line up from yesterday will be gone, plus most of the bench and VDH etc.

I agree with all of that.

The most telling is "It was completely obvious what was happening to 90% of the crowd but our management team just didn’t notice"

It happens game after game, players are visibly shot after 70 mins and need replacing.

Even if it's not a change of tactics like for like would still give some benefit.

Just to add I've just watched the highlights on the O.S. and it shows Cooper after Dhanda had scored. Hardly any reaction.
Cooper is now worrying me on 12:06 - Feb 9 with 3034 viewsEbo

Agree 100% HJ. I found it bizarre that he also made Grimes captain. A rookie captain when you have experienced heads like Routs, Naughton and VDH in the team. Next time we concede, watch Grimes's reaction - like a mouse.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cooper is now worrying me on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 2945 viewsmonmouth

Cooper is now worrying me on 11:10 - Feb 9 by 3swan

I agree with all of that.

The most telling is "It was completely obvious what was happening to 90% of the crowd but our management team just didn’t notice"

It happens game after game, players are visibly shot after 70 mins and need replacing.

Even if it's not a change of tactics like for like would still give some benefit.

Just to add I've just watched the highlights on the O.S. and it shows Cooper after Dhanda had scored. Hardly any reaction.

Prozac does that

He's depressed himself with his badges tactics shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper is now worrying me on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 2918 viewsjack247

He very rarely varies our tactics before or during games. When opposing managers make a tactical switch, as they invariably do, mid game, he just ignores it.

The substitutions are concerning as well. It would be nice if he’d notice when something is going wrong and make a change to address it, but I’d settle for like for like when players are knackered. We’re not tactical gurus on here, but we can all see when someone is knackered and not able to cope with fresh legs running at them.
Cooper is now worrying me on 12:48 - Feb 9 with 2909 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper is now worrying me on 10:30 - Feb 9 by jojaca

Rooney was technically on another level to anyone else on the pitch. His first touch, vision and passing was nice to see after watching Grimes week in and week out.

Especially his level of "dirtiness" and "falling over", his was a masterclass and his falling over even better than Ayews and that is saying something.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper is now worrying me on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 2904 viewsQJumpingJack

Who (realistically) could take over from Cooper?
Cooper is now worrying me on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 2898 views3swan

Cooper is now worrying me on 12:46 - Feb 9 by jack247

He very rarely varies our tactics before or during games. When opposing managers make a tactical switch, as they invariably do, mid game, he just ignores it.

The substitutions are concerning as well. It would be nice if he’d notice when something is going wrong and make a change to address it, but I’d settle for like for like when players are knackered. We’re not tactical gurus on here, but we can all see when someone is knackered and not able to cope with fresh legs running at them.

Said much the same above, it seems he's terrified of making an early decision in case it backfires. It was scared management in the last 8 games in the Premier that got us relegated.
Cooper is now worrying me on 13:19 - Feb 9 with 2843 viewsjack247

Cooper is now worrying me on 12:50 - Feb 9 by QJumpingJack

Who (realistically) could take over from Cooper?

There will be plenty of interest in managing a championship club, regardless of the financial constraints.

It’s a moot point though, they aren’t going to pay him off and he’s certainly not going to be poached by a bigger club.
Cooper is now worrying me on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 2825 viewsMrSwerve

Cooper will be here for another few years. The only way he will be out of the door is if we are in the relegation zone for months on end. As long as he keeps the team ticking over while the last of the PL era players leave, I'm sure that Birch will be happy. As long as we are top half, Cooper's job won't be at risk.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Cooper is now worrying me on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 2805 viewsjasper_T

Cooper is now worrying me on 13:24 - Feb 9 by MrSwerve

Cooper will be here for another few years. The only way he will be out of the door is if we are in the relegation zone for months on end. As long as he keeps the team ticking over while the last of the PL era players leave, I'm sure that Birch will be happy. As long as we are top half, Cooper's job won't be at risk.

So he's gone by October then. Our form for the last 5 months is not top half.
Cooper is now worrying me on 13:35 - Feb 9 with 2779 viewsbuilthjack

Their right back, No 2, was slow, and overweight. He was limping most of the second half.
We did not have a winger who could go past him.
Absolutely fcking shocking.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cooper is now worrying me on 13:39 - Feb 9 with 2764 viewsymaohyd

Quite simply Cooper isn't up to it. Whether that is recognised now, the end of the season or probably during one of the international weekend breaks in Oct/Nov when he will be moved on.

In all fairness it would probably be unfair on him now but when would be the right time?

The whole transfer window situation will mean that he will have another opportunity to make signings that may set us back a season or two...as have the signings we made a season or two back have crippled us.

So basically you either believe in his ability or you don't. I don't , therefore get rid at the end of the season.

Worst case scenario is that we just finish outside of the top 6 and we (probably in fairness) stick with him. This season's positive's and negatives will then be repeated and another season gone and more parachute payments!

I just hope that the next appointment isn't based on how good a PowerPoint presentation he makes!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:25 - Feb 9 with 2667 viewsBadlands

Wasn't receiving death threats in August for questioning Cooper but not far off.
He has had the easiest introduction and early season since Clement.

Appointed well in advance of the pre-season.
Inherited a squad that was mostly playing entertaining football.
He lost only two regular who were replaced with two experienced players of equal stature.
He brought in two player he knew in Bidwell and Peterson neither of whom were as good as he had at his disposal.
He has since been allowed to bring in a number of youngsters most of whom are or were no better than we have and will be of o long term benefit to the club.
His decision to give Grimes the captaincy was bizarre, his decision to keep picking Grimes is bizarre, his decision to keep playing Grimes with Byers is bizarre.
He has no descendable plan A that can be changed for a plan b.
His reluctance to use subs in any sort of creative way is abysmal.
Without the Potter 'hangover' in August we'd be in the edge of the relegation places.
LDLLWLLDWDWWL as a set of home results is unacceptable.

Just as Monk's first full season set up the debacle that followed (play wise) Cooper is dong the same.
Next season we will be without our lions, without some senior players (it appears Ayew, Routledge, Dyer, possibly Naughton and MVdH will be gone) and, because he's not shown with in our academy players we won't have many coming through to replace them).
The soon he can be replaced the better IMO.
Another lucky win followed by a fist throwing celebration from Cooper will make me physically sick.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:43 - Feb 9 with 2623 viewsHighjack

Cooper is now worrying me on 13:35 - Feb 9 by builthjack

Their right back, No 2, was slow, and overweight. He was limping most of the second half.

Their centre back Clarke was one of the biggest carthorses I’ve seen in a while. Shat himself every time he was on the ball, didn’t look comfortable one bit yet we didn’t put him under any pressure.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:52 - Feb 9 with 2600 viewsjasper_T

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:43 - Feb 9 by Highjack

Their centre back Clarke was one of the biggest carthorses I’ve seen in a while. Shat himself every time he was on the ball, didn’t look comfortable one bit yet we didn’t put him under any pressure.

Potter would have signed him for us given the chance.
Cooper is now worrying me on 14:55 - Feb 9 with 2592 viewsWarwickHunt

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:25 - Feb 9 by Badlands

Wasn't receiving death threats in August for questioning Cooper but not far off.
He has had the easiest introduction and early season since Clement.

Appointed well in advance of the pre-season.
Inherited a squad that was mostly playing entertaining football.
He lost only two regular who were replaced with two experienced players of equal stature.
He brought in two player he knew in Bidwell and Peterson neither of whom were as good as he had at his disposal.
He has since been allowed to bring in a number of youngsters most of whom are or were no better than we have and will be of o long term benefit to the club.
His decision to give Grimes the captaincy was bizarre, his decision to keep picking Grimes is bizarre, his decision to keep playing Grimes with Byers is bizarre.
He has no descendable plan A that can be changed for a plan b.
His reluctance to use subs in any sort of creative way is abysmal.
Without the Potter 'hangover' in August we'd be in the edge of the relegation places.
LDLLWLLDWDWWL as a set of home results is unacceptable.

Just as Monk's first full season set up the debacle that followed (play wise) Cooper is dong the same.
Next season we will be without our lions, without some senior players (it appears Ayew, Routledge, Dyer, possibly Naughton and MVdH will be gone) and, because he's not shown with in our academy players we won't have many coming through to replace them).
The soon he can be replaced the better IMO.
Another lucky win followed by a fist throwing celebration from Cooper will make me physically sick.

LDLLWLLDWDWWL - had a week’s holiday in the caravan park there once, pissed down the whole time.
Cooper is now worrying me on 14:57 - Feb 9 with 2578 viewsDJack

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cooper is now worrying me on 15:03 - Feb 9 with 2553 viewsDJack

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:55 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

LDLLWLLDWDWWL - had a week’s holiday in the caravan park there once, pissed down the whole time.

Fck me Warwick, it's my job to do the really shit jokes.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cooper is now worrying me on 15:30 - Feb 9 with 2495 viewsjack2jack

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:55 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

Cooper is now worrying me on 17:47 - Feb 9 with 2275 viewsBillyChong

Cooper is now worrying me on 14:52 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

Potter would have signed him for us given the chance.

Eh?
Cooper is now worrying me on 18:10 - Feb 9 with 2226 viewsFlashberryjack

Cooper is now worrying me on 13:35 - Feb 9 by builthjack

I think it was Wisdom, absolutely f*ked he was, never ran at him once.

Cooper needs to be gone, and gone now, he doesn't know if he wants a sh*t or an haircut.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cooper is now worrying me on 19:08 - Feb 9 with 2133 viewsjasper_T

Cooper is now worrying me on 17:47 - Feb 9 by BillyChong

Eh?

Matt Clarke is the player Potter was seen on Sky scouting at Portsmouth while he was still our manager. Then he got the Brighton job and signed him for them (before sending him on loan). Club was looking for a new left-sided centre half all season. Weren't convinced by Joe, who to be fair is better on the right like every other one we have bar Guehi.

He's in the expensive bullet dodged pile with Ryan Woods.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024