Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Citeh (n/t) 18:46 - Feb 14 with 7603 viewsactonman

Lol
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:47]
Citeh (n/t) on 21:53 - Feb 14 with 1884 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Citeh (n/t) on 20:06 - Feb 14 by davman

They have been fined less than we were.

How f'd up is that?

... And Scum's transfer ban didn't stick.

Football, just f off.

I don’t know how much a season in the Champions League is worth, but I’d say a run to the knock-out stages wouldn’t leave much shrapnel out of £25m.

Thus in reality, the monetary hit could be nearer £75m in real terms. The combination punch however, will be a desire of some of their squad to leave, equalled by a desire not to join.

If it sticks of course!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Citeh (n/t) on 21:58 - Feb 14 with 1883 viewsQPRSteve

Shame the EFL didn't ban us from taking part in the League Cup.
Citeh (n/t) on 22:11 - Feb 14 with 1858 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I applaud this decision, and if I wasn’t a QPR supporter I’d applaud the decision to fine us too.

Financial Fair Play legislation might be flawed but it’s needed. You can’t bitch about the game going to the dogs and the wages going out of control and then get shitty when the authorities finally do something about it.
Citeh (n/t) on 22:18 - Feb 14 with 1838 viewsLongsufferingR

Citeh (n/t) on 20:06 - Feb 14 by davman

They have been fined less than we were.

How f'd up is that?

... And Scum's transfer ban didn't stick.

Football, just f off.

Not only fined less than we were but only 2 years out of Europe? We've been out since 1984!
Citeh (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 14 with 1831 viewsbosh67

Part of me hopes City throw so much money at defending the case that they put UEFA out of business. Uefa are the most corrupt bunch of football f*ckers around. Apart from FIFA, FA and EFL but UEFA have a special place in the world of corruption.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Citeh (n/t) on 22:34 - Feb 14 with 1799 viewsozexile

Citeh (n/t) on 22:11 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I applaud this decision, and if I wasn’t a QPR supporter I’d applaud the decision to fine us too.

Financial Fair Play legislation might be flawed but it’s needed. You can’t bitch about the game going to the dogs and the wages going out of control and then get shitty when the authorities finally do something about it.

I'd agree with you if they cap players wages.
Citeh (n/t) on 22:53 - Feb 14 with 1763 viewsA40Bosh

Citeh (n/t) on 20:39 - Feb 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree, Steve.

At the elite level, City are new boys. This feels like a slap down to keep them from that elite level. Just like ours was to keep us down.

Both clubs were guilty, so we can't whinge. Except to rightly point out that justice has not been applied consistently to all clubs.

The first thing I thought was “what would BriMc say about this”

And I can only add.....

+1

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Citeh (n/t) on 23:11 - Feb 14 with 1708 viewsBoston

Citeh (n/t) on 20:39 - Feb 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree, Steve.

At the elite level, City are new boys. This feels like a slap down to keep them from that elite level. Just like ours was to keep us down.

Both clubs were guilty, so we can't whinge. Except to rightly point out that justice has not been applied consistently to all clubs.

In the halls of justice, the only justice is in the halls.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Citeh (n/t) on 23:14 - Feb 14 with 1711 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Citeh (n/t) on 22:53 - Feb 14 by A40Bosh

The first thing I thought was “what would BriMc say about this”

And I can only add.....

+1

Glad you agree, Bosh.

But we may both be wrong before this is over!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Citeh (n/t) on 23:16 - Feb 14 with 1700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Citeh (n/t) on 23:11 - Feb 14 by Boston

In the halls of justice, the only justice is in the halls.

"This isn't a court of justice, Son. This is a court of law"

Billy Bragg.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Citeh (n/t) on 23:23 - Feb 14 with 1688 viewsLoftgirl

Citeh (n/t) on 18:56 - Feb 14 by LongsufferingR

I wish there was an expression ten times as powerful as LOL.

LOL X 10?
Citeh (n/t) on 23:44 - Feb 14 with 1651 viewstimcocking

Can we ask to swap our huge fine for a two year european ban instead?

As if Man City are the only team in breach.
Citeh (n/t) on 00:09 - Feb 15 with 1643 viewskensalriser

Citeh (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 14 by bosh67

Part of me hopes City throw so much money at defending the case that they put UEFA out of business. Uefa are the most corrupt bunch of football f*ckers around. Apart from FIFA, FA and EFL but UEFA have a special place in the world of corruption.

And Man City's owners are such lovely people, pure as the driven snow.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Citeh (n/t) on 05:45 - Feb 15 with 1565 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t care about city getting punished for breaching ffp rules,but what about doing the same thing to PSG?
And why haven’t the EFL been consistent in their treatment of guilty clubs in their leagues?We got a massive fine for our crimes,but Birmingham get a meaningless points deduction that didn’t impact their ability to compete the following seasons.And that’s after deliberately breaking the rules after they’d been caught by spending even more on players.

What I do care about though is consistency.If they treated all offences the same way at least we could see they were being fair across the board.
Citeh (n/t) on 08:52 - Feb 15 with 1452 viewsPinnerPaul

Citeh (n/t) on 19:33 - Feb 14 by stevec

Haven’t read up on City’s case but I’m loathe to gloat, we got clobbered with £42m fine and I wasn’t happy the way other teams fans gloated about us.

Both have owners who should and did cover the losses while others don’t and the authorities stand back and watch it happen.

The scum up the road took themselves to the top courtesy of a cumulative billion pound losses and walk away scot free.

Us and City have been hard done by.

Indeed.

FFP regulations ridiculous and unfair when applied to us, but fine for others?
Citeh (n/t) on 09:06 - Feb 15 with 1425 viewsPunteR

I wonder if the owners will just mothball their club now.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 9:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Citeh (n/t) on 10:22 - Feb 15 with 1348 viewsPinnerPaul

Citeh (n/t) on 19:33 - Feb 14 by stevec

Haven’t read up on City’s case but I’m loathe to gloat, we got clobbered with £42m fine and I wasn’t happy the way other teams fans gloated about us.

Both have owners who should and did cover the losses while others don’t and the authorities stand back and watch it happen.

The scum up the road took themselves to the top courtesy of a cumulative billion pound losses and walk away scot free.

Us and City have been hard done by.

Your other point about the owners covering losses is sound as well.

At least us and City have paid VAT, income tax and Ni bills as well as the staff.

Bolton and others just stop paying - both HMRC and staff and yet everyone wants to let them off?
Citeh (n/t) on 10:58 - Feb 15 with 1311 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Yes bang to rights guilty of breaking the rules, but don't tell me that Man Utd, Liverpool, Bayern, Real Madrid aren't fiddling something.

But of course it's all really spite, with the "super power" clubs, those that cream off larger slices of TV revenues (thanks to winning their leagues 40 times since 1970), using their influence to get naughty with the newcomer.

Heaven forbid, I agree with Martin Samuel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/
Citeh (n/t) on 11:09 - Feb 15 with 1289 viewsactonman

It is annoying that city get punished while the likes of Chelsea who have basically created this whole mess, get away Scott free as they done their dodgyness pre ffp but....

If you think I’m going to feel sorry for city with their billions / shiney new ground / multiple premier league titles and champions league football every year then nah it will be a lol from me .
Citeh (n/t) on 11:33 - Feb 15 with 1268 viewsWatfordR

Citeh (n/t) on 23:14 - Feb 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Glad you agree, Bosh.

But we may both be wrong before this is over!

Well let's all be wrong together then.
Citeh (n/t) on 12:14 - Feb 15 with 1249 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Compared with other rulings or lack of action on teams breaking FFP QPR have been hard done by.

I'm glad we're running the club more professionally these days but believe we got a terrible result compared with other clubs like Birmingham.
Disappointing as the lawyer who represented us is meant to be a QPR fan.

FFP is only in place to prevent another team doing a Chelscum or Man City.
Citeh (n/t) on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 1220 viewsNortholt_Rs

Citeh (n/t) on 12:14 - Feb 15 by superhoopdownunder

Compared with other rulings or lack of action on teams breaking FFP QPR have been hard done by.

I'm glad we're running the club more professionally these days but believe we got a terrible result compared with other clubs like Birmingham.
Disappointing as the lawyer who represented us is meant to be a QPR fan.

FFP is only in place to prevent another team doing a Chelscum or Man City.

He/she must be the worst lawyer in Britain. We should’ve hired the lawyer who represents Derby or Birmingham.... Even shîteh have been fined less than us.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Citeh (n/t) on 10:20 - Feb 16 with 1106 viewsJuzzie

I think the fines being seemed to be unfair is something to do with the rules being changed so often and you have to punish as per the rules in place at the time.

Its an utter clusterfu(k. Like VAR, brought in with the best intentions (sort of) but administered appallingly.
Citeh (n/t) on 10:26 - Feb 16 with 1091 viewsTGRRRSSS

PSG should face similar - but they have influence at UEFA - via Quatar who own them.

When it's a level playing field I'll agree -v this is more about politics and closing the shop to the upstarts - which includes us going down the level - still never have satisfactory answer to why we got the huge fine we did and Birmingham got a punishment they knew would have no real affect on them.
I await Derby and Sheff Wed's fate with interest.

IN itself I would laugh but it's cos City arent really a "Big " glamour club - Suddenly papers all full of how City are respected but not admired and if they cheated.... -

Remember they don't want lots of Leicester City's at the heart of this is ring fencing for the few- and the failire to punish PSG as well is a sign of it.

Real Madrid and Barcelona others.....

It seems it's the nouveau Riche - but too late for Chelski naturally.
Citeh (n/t) on 10:30 - Feb 16 with 1085 viewsCaptainPugwash

Citeh (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 14 by bosh67

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

+1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024