Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 70731 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 13:17 - Jul 27 with 2889 viewsKonk

BRENTFORD on 13:04 - Jul 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve always had good Away days at Charlton.

Same. Greenwich or Blackheath for beers.

WBA - the Vine’s a pretty unique experience (in a good way) Or we drink around the Jewellery Quarter. Easy/cheapish journey from London, friendly-enough fans, a good old school ground. It’s a quality away day.

Hull - only went to BP twice and KC once - not the best away day, but still some decent pubs and you also have to remember the place was flattened in WW2.

I’d take Charlton or WBA over Watford away.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

BRENTFORD on 13:21 - Jul 27 with 2873 viewsTheChef

Don't forget guys, Fulham are in the play offs too!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BRENTFORD on 13:46 - Jul 27 with 2778 viewsDannyPaddox

BRENTFORD on 12:50 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Sheff Utd are fairly notoriously bad at them. Only half full for a semi final with yeovil the other year because most fans assumed they'd balls it up again. Which they did.

Checked the play-off wiki page. Brentford and Sheffield United have a similar record. Eight attempts. Eight failures. The blades have one more final defeat (four). So the bees are going for the record this year. Here’s hoping 🤞🏼
BRENTFORD on 15:15 - Jul 27 with 2608 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 13:21 - Jul 27 by TheChef

Don't forget guys, Fulham are in the play offs too!!

True, but this is a Brentford thread ;)

Someone can start a Fulham thread if they really want to.
BRENTFORD on 15:24 - Jul 27 with 2583 viewskensalriser

BRENTFORD on 13:17 - Jul 27 by Konk

Same. Greenwich or Blackheath for beers.

WBA - the Vine’s a pretty unique experience (in a good way) Or we drink around the Jewellery Quarter. Easy/cheapish journey from London, friendly-enough fans, a good old school ground. It’s a quality away day.

Hull - only went to BP twice and KC once - not the best away day, but still some decent pubs and you also have to remember the place was flattened in WW2.

I’d take Charlton or WBA over Watford away.

I'd take most things over Watford away. Every time I've been there we've conceded three goals and lost.

Naturally I wasn't there when we won the league because of the above.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BRENTFORD on 15:46 - Jul 27 with 2542 viewsWatford_Ranger

BRENTFORD on 15:24 - Jul 27 by kensalriser

I'd take most things over Watford away. Every time I've been there we've conceded three goals and lost.

Naturally I wasn't there when we won the league because of the above.

The 4-2 win with Angelo Balanta randomly lobbed in was beautiful.
BRENTFORD on 16:14 - Jul 27 with 2500 viewstoboboly

Poor sod seems to think VAR would have helped him. Lady Stroud aint for turning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53548490

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

BRENTFORD on 16:58 - Jul 27 with 2410 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 16:14 - Jul 27 by toboboly

Poor sod seems to think VAR would have helped him. Lady Stroud aint for turning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53548490

"I spoke to the referee about that incident - and funnily enough, he thought it was a red card."

Funnily enough Thomas, that's what they're there for.
Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 2389 viewsstevec

BRENTFORD on 13:04 - Jul 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve always had good Away days at Charlton.

True, just that around Charltons ground doesn’t have a lot going for it.

Last went there first home game of their relegation season and only pub we found had literally no furniture in it, certainly anything that moved had been re moved. The only redeeming feature, it was within swaying distance of the away end.
BRENTFORD on 17:09 - Jul 27 with 2366 viewsqpr_1968

BRENTFORD on 17:02 - Jul 27 by stevec

True, just that around Charltons ground doesn’t have a lot going for it.

Last went there first home game of their relegation season and only pub we found had literally no furniture in it, certainly anything that moved had been re moved. The only redeeming feature, it was within swaying distance of the away end.

quite comical really, was in that pub with no furniture when it opened, filled up pretty quickly, people even standing on that little stage.
after a couple of pints, 4 of us went a couple of minutes down the road to a much better pub, it was a home pub but plenty of qpr inside and out in that glorious sunshine.
shame about the result.

BRENTFORD on 17:31 - Jul 27 with 2324 viewsstevec

BRENTFORD on 17:09 - Jul 27 by qpr_1968

quite comical really, was in that pub with no furniture when it opened, filled up pretty quickly, people even standing on that little stage.
after a couple of pints, 4 of us went a couple of minutes down the road to a much better pub, it was a home pub but plenty of qpr inside and out in that glorious sunshine.
shame about the result.

Yeah, made the Pig and Whistle look a class joint!
BRENTFORD on 17:51 - Jul 27 with 2279 viewsqpr_1968

BRENTFORD on 17:31 - Jul 27 by stevec

Yeah, made the Pig and Whistle look a class joint!

your not wrong, that is a dump.

BRENTFORD on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 2229 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 08:46 - Jul 27 by traininvain

Big job for the manager to somehow lift the players ahead of Wednesday’s game. An early goal would do you a lot of good. Could probably do with a sports psychologist like Steve Black who helped us get through the playoffs in 2014.

Good luck Wednesday. I’d rather Brentford than either of the Welsh clubs or Fulham.

Thanks but the season stopped in reality for me on the Friday when I was getting ready for what is always a great day out at Fulham and lockdown was anounced.Since then I’ve missed the opportunity to see the last game at Griffin Park and have to watch games on tv although it was a great winning run as a ST holder and I only miss 2or 3 aways it’s no compensation.
The thought of playing in the PL and now it seems not being able to attend away games to witness us getting turned over most weeks is not very appealing although the cash is for the club.
Some on here have posted about us getting in a financial mess if we went up who knows but we have been very careful to stay within our means since Benham has run the club.
We have finished 3 rd which in it self is a great achievement yes we have seriously f*** up at the end first time since Dean Smith left we have lost 3 on the trot I believe It’s going to be tough for a lot of clubs in the coming months and it’s being reported that up to 12 clubs could fold which is sad and frightening for the future of football as we knew it.Would love all fans to be back watching in grounds for the new season and for me doing that at our new stadium would mean more than promotion.
BRENTFORD on 15:58 - Jul 28 with 2000 viewsPinnerPaul

BRENTFORD on 20:29 - Jul 26 by quickpassrotter

Good to see that Mr Keith Stroud the referee was outstanding. No contentious decisions in this match. Mr consistency. Best ref in the league.
I jest, of course.

Red card overturned on appeal - no surprise there.
BRENTFORD on 08:19 - Jul 29 with 1813 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 15:58 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

Red card overturned on appeal - no surprise there.

I reckon they just have a special STROUD stamp for when appeals on his decisions come in. Don't even bother watching the incident just overturn it, stamp STROUD on it and let's get off to lunch.

I don't know what you thought of the incident Pinner but to me he was (not unusually) poorly positioned a long way from where it happened, good 30 yards if not more, and looking through it from behind. He was immediately surrounded by a complete overreaction from five or six Swansea players and seemed to base the decision on that and possibly communication with the fourth official. Either way it looked to me like he sent somebody off in a play-off semi-final for something he didn't actually see properly himself.

This post has been edited by an administrator
BRENTFORD on 08:36 - Jul 29 with 1767 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 08:19 - Jul 29 by Northernr

I reckon they just have a special STROUD stamp for when appeals on his decisions come in. Don't even bother watching the incident just overturn it, stamp STROUD on it and let's get off to lunch.

I don't know what you thought of the incident Pinner but to me he was (not unusually) poorly positioned a long way from where it happened, good 30 yards if not more, and looking through it from behind. He was immediately surrounded by a complete overreaction from five or six Swansea players and seemed to base the decision on that and possibly communication with the fourth official. Either way it looked to me like he sent somebody off in a play-off semi-final for something he didn't actually see properly himself.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The decision was made by David Webb the 4 th official and that was confirmed after the game.Like most clubs we have witnessed Stroud's incompetence for many seasons.
BRENTFORD on 08:37 - Jul 29 with 1764 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 08:36 - Jul 29 by switchingcode

The decision was made by David Webb the 4 th official and that was confirmed after the game.Like most clubs we have witnessed Stroud's incompetence for many seasons.

Webb's a piss poor referee himself.
BRENTFORD on 10:03 - Jul 29 with 1672 viewsdaveB

can't believe I am going to defend Stroud but from his angle it did look a red card, the 4th official and the linesmen should have done more to help him and say he won the ball
BRENTFORD on 10:08 - Jul 29 with 1657 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought it was a great tackle. I didn't think he actually made any significant contact with the opponent. Maybe there is an argument in today's game that there was excessive force, so yellow at worst.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 10:09]
BRENTFORD on 10:14 - Jul 29 with 1628 viewsterryb

BRENTFORD on 08:36 - Jul 29 by switchingcode

I'm sure they said at the time that the 4th official told him it was a sendfing off.

I found that strange as many a time I've heard them say that the 4th official can't interfere!

I'm sure Brentford would have preferred a 0-0 draw with eleven on the pitch rather than have a sending off overturned!
BRENTFORD on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 1564 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 10:14 - Jul 29 by terryb

I'm sure they said at the time that the 4th official told him it was a sendfing off.

I found that strange as many a time I've heard them say that the 4th official can't interfere!

I'm sure Brentford would have preferred a 0-0 draw with eleven on the pitch rather than have a sending off overturned!

I said the same to a mate yesterday they tend to spend their time with both managers telling them to keep in their area or discussing decisions and just shrugging their shoulders.We have history with David Webb yet another poor Ref in the championship.
BRENTFORD on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 1356 views2Thomas2Bowles

Match stream

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/64926/Brentford_vs_Swansea_City.html

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BRENTFORD on 19:56 - Jul 29 with 1319 views2Thomas2Bowles

1-0

Agg 1-1

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BRENTFORD on 19:56 - Jul 29 with 1319 viewsEmpireStateRanger

1-1 aggregate.