Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs from West London Sport 10:14 - May 3 with 35656 viewsdaveB

One of the few positives of a crisis at QPR is Dave mc usually produces this kind of quality, fascinating insight

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/behind-the-scenes-tensions-meant-warburton-w

Warbs from West London Sport on 21:43 - May 3 with 2939 viewsMyke

Warbs from West London Sport on 21:04 - May 3 by ParkRoyalR

Maybe a good yarn if labelled as fiction having trawling as many negative opinions as possible to find on MW since he came into management.

Never understand why Brentford still obsess about MW given the success he brought them, maybe having a genuinely rivalry with another club (Reading would be an ideal fit) would help them move on from MW and that other momentus moment in their history, a reverse charge phone call to Jim Gregory by their Chairman.

Don't see NewBee's post as being anything but insightful and revealing in our current position. I think all fans retain views on past managers. We certainly do, be it positive or negative. For example I still fondly discuss the era of Dave Sexton with anyone who cares to listen and that's nudging 50 years ago
Warbs from West London Sport on 22:03 - May 3 with 2812 viewsgigiisourgod

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:01 - May 3 by BAWHoops

On SDM
I was lucky enough to attend a training session at Harlington earlier this season.
It was noticeable how much worse SDM was than all the others. When they played tight games to finish off his touch was worse, decision making worse, physicality worse.
He simply didn't look close to being the required level to be around the first team.
At the time George Thomas wasn't making match day squads and didn't stand out as being bad at all.
Seeing it up close you realise how big the gap is

Also wanted to note that everyone was incredibly polite to me and incredibly welcoming and friendly.

Obviously you can only say it how you see it and that was no doubt the case on that given day. I do think he has a future with us though and hope to see him in and around the squad a lot more next year. One of very few as I see it as very slim pickings from the development squad, obv with the exception of Armstrong
Warbs from West London Sport on 22:09 - May 3 with 2770 viewsParkRoyalR

Warbs from West London Sport on 21:32 - May 3 by daveB

Ferdinand has been in the job for 8 years so not sure anyone can say he is inexperienced

Time served doesn't necessarily translate into relevant experience or being skilled at your job, although the Austin clause does suggest sound judgement.

I cannot see another club at our level appointing Les Ferdinand as their Director of Football based on his CV, skillset or qualifications.

If we are going down the Head Coach route, I hope sincerely he's up to this new enhanced role.
Warbs from West London Sport on 22:22 - May 3 with 2679 viewsParkRoyalR

Warbs from West London Sport on 21:43 - May 3 by Myke

Don't see NewBee's post as being anything but insightful and revealing in our current position. I think all fans retain views on past managers. We certainly do, be it positive or negative. For example I still fondly discuss the era of Dave Sexton with anyone who cares to listen and that's nudging 50 years ago

Mkye is you have a look at their forum you will understand why they frequent this site so often.

You will also find a continuous thread on Warburton that has lasted since the day he left the club.

Likewise the R's have their very own thread with regular postings most weeks.

I get their obsession with the R's, but Warburton, come on, by comparison Mark Hughes who very nearly destroyed our club gets the occasional James Hunt comment but not his very own weekly commentary. It's all a bit odd and contrived.
Warbs from West London Sport on 22:59 - May 3 with 2502 viewsSonofpugwash

If there are no regime changes in the foreseeable future can you rule out supporters' protests?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Warbs from West London Sport on 23:08 - May 3 with 2449 viewsLazyFan

I don't know why there is speculation on what type of club we are. Les and Hoos have already stated we are a selling club.

So, either you do clever business in the xfer market or you grow your own or you do both. We have to grow players its that simple, Warbs blocked all paths to 1st team and then his 1st team did not deliver. His loans were expensive and there are no possible signings from them like we did with Field and JoJo.

If that was the case and he blocked growth, then yes he had to go. We must grow talent and sell it, it is the only way now.

There is no choice, it's that simple, grow and sell or die.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warbs from West London Sport on 23:11 - May 3 with 2439 viewsMyke

Warbs from West London Sport on 22:22 - May 3 by ParkRoyalR

Mkye is you have a look at their forum you will understand why they frequent this site so often.

You will also find a continuous thread on Warburton that has lasted since the day he left the club.

Likewise the R's have their very own thread with regular postings most weeks.

I get their obsession with the R's, but Warburton, come on, by comparison Mark Hughes who very nearly destroyed our club gets the occasional James Hunt comment but not his very own weekly commentary. It's all a bit odd and contrived.

Fair enough, I never visit other club's forums. I just find most of what Newbee and Switching Code says are reasonable and balanced, but I accept I am detached from it over here.
Warbs from West London Sport on 23:12 - May 3 with 2438 viewsgigiisourgod

Warbs from West London Sport on 23:08 - May 3 by LazyFan

I don't know why there is speculation on what type of club we are. Les and Hoos have already stated we are a selling club.

So, either you do clever business in the xfer market or you grow your own or you do both. We have to grow players its that simple, Warbs blocked all paths to 1st team and then his 1st team did not deliver. His loans were expensive and there are no possible signings from them like we did with Field and JoJo.

If that was the case and he blocked growth, then yes he had to go. We must grow talent and sell it, it is the only way now.

I think Sam Field will be worth substantially more than anyone that comes through the youth team in the next couple of years
Login to get fewer ads

Warbs from West London Sport on 23:26 - May 3 with 2394 viewssilverbirch

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:13 - May 3 by Northernr

Well I've already mentioned a few of them in reports but Manning at MK, Robinson and Oxford and Moore at Sheff Wed are the three names I've heard from a few people, but all would require a compensation payment atm (which is an issue, because, like I say, FFP) and two of them are involved in the play-offs. Moore has been linked before, they obviously like his style of play because they kept loaning goalkeepers to him at Doncaster.

Dave Mc also said the Newport guy was a candidate last week, hence he came down in the odds.

Just back from the pub in Newport and allegedly, les was at the Newport game v crawley and rangers are taking a youngster from Newport on trial. He didn’t feature in the Crawley game. Very talented apparently, shone in their cup game v arsenal youth
Warbs from West London Sport on 23:27 - May 3 with 2393 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 22:09 - May 3 by ParkRoyalR

Time served doesn't necessarily translate into relevant experience or being skilled at your job, although the Austin clause does suggest sound judgement.

I cannot see another club at our level appointing Les Ferdinand as their Director of Football based on his CV, skillset or qualifications.

If we are going down the Head Coach route, I hope sincerely he's up to this new enhanced role.

The Austin clause sounded more Lee Hoos than Ferdinand but don't claim to have the inside knowledge on that one, we've been putting those kind of clauses in for a few years now, think Marc Pugh had the same kind of deal

Whether anyone thinks Les is doing a good or terrible job I just can't see how anyone can see he's not experienced now, there is not much he hasn't had to deal with in these last 8 years.
Warbs from West London Sport on 23:29 - May 3 with 2382 viewsMyke

But you have to have talent to grow in the first place. Also the waters were muddied by a second remit, which was to make the play-offs, The two remits may eventually become compatible (Brentford), but only over a significant period of time and only by selling one asset per year and replacing him with a younger but potentially as good replacement. So Warburton was under pressure to deliver two incompatible remits and he is looking at the u23's and thinking ' there is nothing here to help us get up'. Very difficult position to find himself in.
It is (eventually) achievable, but it sends out contrasting signals to the fans. To be honest, once we retained our 4 loanees from Jan 2021, my only thought was that we were having a tilt at promotion, I wasn't thinking about how much we could get for Willock etc. I would say many fans felt the same way.
Warbs from West London Sport on 23:32 - May 3 with 2378 viewsBurnleyhoop

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:26 - May 3 by Northernr

I think SDM did enough in the pre-season games and early cup matches to say, at the very least, he might have been a half useful bench option. As Dave Mc says, naming only six subs is a poor look for a club that's meant to be academy focused. We've basically had nobody at all come through this year. Not that I see too many capable of that when I watch the U23s.

It’s all very well wanting to bring academy players through as it justifies the massive outlay on the new training complex and puts feathers in the caps of Ferdinand and Ramsey. However, they need to be of a standard and ability to compete at the top end of the table. Everyone quite rightly, points towards Eze And Chair as the shining examples of our supposed amazing development team bringing through the talented youngsters, but from what I can tell, they are the only ones that truly excelled when out on loan and were clearly a cut above the standard they were playing at. Can that be said of the myriad of our youngsters currently out on loan?

You simply can’t have your cake and eat it. Yes, play the youngsters, but don’t be surprised if they and the team struggle to make an impact in this league.
As with all things, a balance has to be found and realistic expectations considered. The remit of the new manager will be interesting to say the least.
Warbs from West London Sport on 00:34 - May 4 with 2246 viewskensalriser

I think you’re stretching at the time space continuum by declaring Warburton blocked all paths to the first team. It’s pretty clear no one's been good enough. Where’s the evidence otherwise?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warbs from West London Sport on 00:53 - May 4 with 2221 viewsPunteR

But who really wants to be just a selling club and focusing on youth development?
Players?, manager?, fans?, or owners and accountant's, DoF's and youth coaches?
What player or manager is remotely interested in the balancing of books for their club?
Maybe I'm wrong or naive but surely football is about competition on the pitch? There's always going to be problems when winning football matches is compromised to suit agendas unrelated to 3pm kick off.
I think the two things can exist at a club but the priority should be winning football matches and everybody should be on the same page and doing everything they can to do that.
The youth department just needs to get better. I've no idea how ?. Scouting, recruitment, coaching needs to improve to get up to championship standard or unfortunately the standard of the 1st team drops to L1 or L2 levels to meet what's coming the other way.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warbs from West London Sport on 00:56 - May 4 with 2203 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warbs from West London Sport on 23:32 - May 3 by Burnleyhoop

It’s all very well wanting to bring academy players through as it justifies the massive outlay on the new training complex and puts feathers in the caps of Ferdinand and Ramsey. However, they need to be of a standard and ability to compete at the top end of the table. Everyone quite rightly, points towards Eze And Chair as the shining examples of our supposed amazing development team bringing through the talented youngsters, but from what I can tell, they are the only ones that truly excelled when out on loan and were clearly a cut above the standard they were playing at. Can that be said of the myriad of our youngsters currently out on loan?

You simply can’t have your cake and eat it. Yes, play the youngsters, but don’t be surprised if they and the team struggle to make an impact in this league.
As with all things, a balance has to be found and realistic expectations considered. The remit of the new manager will be interesting to say the least.

Good point though I would add that neither Eze nor Chair came through QPR's academy. Dave is of the opinion that the B team should replace the academy rather than exist alongside it. I can't say I blame him because most of the youngsters that have become a fixture in the first team did not come from the academy, they were picked up from other clubs.
Warbs from West London Sport on 02:50 - May 4 with 2108 viewsnadera78

I don't get the comments about Kakay's contract. He's a perfectly serviceable squad player for us - capable of filling in for a few games at RB or RCB when injuries, etc dictate. 4 Years also seems like a reasonable amount of time to tie him to. If we remain in the Championship throughout he does a job as a squad player, if we get promoted (and remain in PL) then he gets sold.

Also, re the clash of opinions on academy graduates; we can't on the one hand say Chris Ramsey is one of the best in the game in that role, and then on the other completely dismiss his opinions on the young players as if he knows nothing.
Warbs from West London Sport on 03:18 - May 4 with 2094 viewsnadera78

Having thought about it a bit more, the thing that really pissed me off with that article is that Tony Fernandes is still meddling in player signings.

Eleven years after first walking through the door at Loftus Rd, with all the mistakes he's made since then (that we as a club are paying for and likely will continue for many years to come) he still thinks he knows football. The arrogance and hubris is off the scale.

Fernandes is clearly not a malicious person, but he's got to rank as one of the most incompetent owners in football history.
Warbs from West London Sport on 06:13 - May 4 with 1950 viewsCamberleyR

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:53 - May 3 by PinnerPaul

So you say you agree with MW then?

I think Armstrong is a case of people wanting a player to come through just because he is 'one of our own'

Speaking to a Torquay supporting referee colleague, he was incredulous that Armstrong was thought to be capable of playing in the Championship at this stage, having scored something like 2 or 3 in 20 for them.

Differences of opinions over players abilities - hmmm not sure that is particularly earth shattering - surely its the same at all clubs?

Not sure the article amounts to more than a re hashing of various opinions/theories we've all spouted about on here these past few weeks.

The not signing a striker surely made eminent sense at the time, we were playing one up front and were the division's 2nd top scorers doing so, so having 4 strikers surely not the way to go then, WITHOUT the benefit of hindsight of course.

All opinions I guess.

Come on PP, it's not that hard to find out this sort of information, there's plenty of websites. Armstrong played 8 games for Torquay, not 20, scoring twice. He's now scored 2 in 3 for Aldershot.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 10:16]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warbs from West London Sport on 07:12 - May 4 with 1853 viewsdistortR

On the out of contract business, isn't just about the entire luton team out of contract in the summer? Seems to have had a galvanising affect on them.

A mental weakness appears to have crept into our team, the group dynamic, from top to bottom, obviously not all it should be.
Warbs from West London Sport on 07:44 - May 4 with 1753 viewsBklynRanger

Warbs from West London Sport on 07:12 - May 4 by distortR

On the out of contract business, isn't just about the entire luton team out of contract in the summer? Seems to have had a galvanising affect on them.

A mental weakness appears to have crept into our team, the group dynamic, from top to bottom, obviously not all it should be.

Yeah but no but it's not so much about them being out of contract but how it's handled.

The Luton players might have been given clarity or explanations that have allowed that situation to act as an incentive, or at least not an ongoing collective gripe. It doesn't sound like our players have.

More to it in terms of morale though definitely, but that's one area that you wouldn't have needed to be Paul Daniels or even Debbie McGee to get straight.
Warbs from West London Sport on 07:50 - May 4 with 1724 viewsdistortR

Warbs from West London Sport on 07:44 - May 4 by BklynRanger

Yeah but no but it's not so much about them being out of contract but how it's handled.

The Luton players might have been given clarity or explanations that have allowed that situation to act as an incentive, or at least not an ongoing collective gripe. It doesn't sound like our players have.

More to it in terms of morale though definitely, but that's one area that you wouldn't have needed to be Paul Daniels or even Debbie McGee to get straight.

how am i suppose to consider your post when you end with Debbie McGee?

I agree it appears to have been handled badly, or is this business standard in horrible football-world.

I stand by my post, but retract my 'get well soon' post
Warbs from West London Sport on 07:53 - May 4 with 1710 viewsBklynRanger

Warbs from West London Sport on 07:50 - May 4 by distortR

how am i suppose to consider your post when you end with Debbie McGee?

I agree it appears to have been handled badly, or is this business standard in horrible football-world.

I stand by my post, but retract my 'get well soon' post

:)) Don't do that! You're right though, I shouldn't be thinking about Debbie McGee at the minute, something may give way internally...

This football eh? If we didn't have humour we'd be fcuked.
Warbs from West London Sport on 08:17 - May 4 with 1633 viewswombat

Warbs from West London Sport on 07:53 - May 4 by BklynRanger

:)) Don't do that! You're right though, I shouldn't be thinking about Debbie McGee at the minute, something may give way internally...

This football eh? If we didn't have humour we'd be fcuked.

prob bollox but heard last night we arent starting interviews until june with les handling them !!!

season starts end of july dosnt it ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warbs from West London Sport on 08:31 - May 4 with 1583 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR u23 P23 W6 D3 L14
QPR u18 P23 W3 D5 L15

Both teams finished rock bottom of the respective leagues.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 8:34]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Warbs from West London Sport on 08:32 - May 4 with 1579 viewsNed_Kennedys

The whole situation is a sorry state of affairs, especially decent hard working players out of contract very soon with apparently no clarity on whether they will be staying or not.

I’ve been saying on here all season that Warburton wasn’t interested in the U23s at all: not putting any of them on the bench and only having 6 subs was a Redknapp move IMO.
There was also talk that the U23 squad was in a different Covid bubble and couldn’t be picked which seemed ridiculous to me as other teams were playing youngsters where necessary.
Having watched the U23s a number of times over the last few seasons a few should have at least been considered: Duke McKenna, Gubbins, Armstrong spring to mind. None of us would have considered Murphy Mahoney anywhere near first team standard but has taken his chance and can only get better. Yes most of them will not make it but that’s the same at any club.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 9:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024