Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tarquins sack their manager! 16:53 - Feb 28 with 8871 viewsmakaveli1882

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/claudio-ranieri-sacked-by-fulha
Tarquins sack their manager! on 16:59 - Feb 28 with 6408 viewsbosh67

A relief for him I'm sure. Utterly thankless task for him there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 6355 viewstraininvain

Blimey that was quick. All a bit odd.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:38 - Feb 28 with 6248 viewsstevec

It's as if they used us as their blueprint.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:39 - Feb 28 with 6247 viewsflynnbo

Fat Sam?
Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 6229 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:38 - Feb 28 by stevec

It's as if they used us as their blueprint.

Yep 100M spent in the summer on a load of mercenaries who can't be arsed
Managers have little hope when it's like that

Job for MH or 'arry at some point next season

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:49 - Feb 28 with 6208 viewsJuzzie

Impossible job for any type of clubs of that ilk but one not to turn down as loads of ££££ for just a few months work, 12-18 months if you're lucky..... or unlucky.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:52 - Feb 28 with 6189 viewsRangersDave

wouldnt wish 'shotknees' on Konk to be fair. Reading, Potsmouth (again) yes, but not Konk as he's alright in my book.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Tarquins sack their manager! on 18:32 - Feb 28 with 6090 viewscolinallcars

Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:52 - Feb 28 by RangersDave

wouldnt wish 'shotknees' on Konk to be fair. Reading, Potsmouth (again) yes, but not Konk as he's alright in my book.

Yep, despite the banter on here, Fulham fans are alright.
Login to get fewer ads

Tarquins sack their manager! on 18:52 - Feb 28 with 6019 viewspaulparker

They would have been better off with the last fella at least he knows how to get out of the championship the khans should stick to Wrestling

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tarquins sack their manager! on 19:18 - Feb 28 with 5962 viewskensalriser

Great decision - no doubt they'll stay up now under whatever manager they can find to replace him, because it's that easy.

Still a great decision if they go down because who'd want a manager of Ranieri's calibre in the Championship anyway.

Jeez.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tarquins sack their manager! on 21:06 - Feb 28 with 5762 viewsMrSheen

At least Sarri is holding on.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 21:28 - Feb 28 with 5715 viewsenfieldargh

The poison challis that is the Premiere League

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tarquins sack their manager! on 22:20 - Feb 28 with 5608 viewsRANGERS4EVER

£110m spent, three managers, no London derby wins, points total of 17 points which is woeful, player arguments, one fight at the training ground. Yet they have been given a completely free ride from the press? Remember when people were praising them for spending £100m+ whilst criticising Cardiff in the process?

We have and will forever be tainted with our big money spending yet Fulham have seemingly got a free hit. No doubt they will go down, keep their players, spend another £40m with parachute payments, go up and be highly praised again.

Modern football is sh*te

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Tarquins sack their manager! on 22:24 - Feb 28 with 5597 viewsthame_hoops

Can’t quite remember the exact details but weren’t they literally down to the bare bones (not in redknapp terms) in terms of squad players after getting promotion so had to buy lots of players? Granted they have overspent though
Tarquins sack their manager! on 23:26 - Feb 28 with 5491 viewsoldmisery

Tarquins sack their manager! on 22:24 - Feb 28 by thame_hoops

Can’t quite remember the exact details but weren’t they literally down to the bare bones (not in redknapp terms) in terms of squad players after getting promotion so had to buy lots of players? Granted they have overspent though

Foolem supporting pal of mine told me they have 52 professionals at the club this season, 9 of whom are currently out on loan. Don't know how many of the 52 were signed either pre-season or in January though. Their skipper has been quoted as saying the new guys haven't really gelled with the former Championship players - not really surprising if the majority of those players who got them up in the first place were unceremoniously dumped by the former (well former, former) Manager in August.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 23:40 - Feb 28 with 5460 viewsPunteR

Tarquins sack their manager! on 23:26 - Feb 28 by oldmisery

Foolem supporting pal of mine told me they have 52 professionals at the club this season, 9 of whom are currently out on loan. Don't know how many of the 52 were signed either pre-season or in January though. Their skipper has been quoted as saying the new guys haven't really gelled with the former Championship players - not really surprising if the majority of those players who got them up in the first place were unceremoniously dumped by the former (well former, former) Manager in August.

sounds exactly like us in 2011

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tarquins sack their manager! on 00:22 - Mar 1 with 5411 viewsplasmahoop

Tarquins sack their manager! on 23:40 - Feb 28 by PunteR

sounds exactly like us in 2011

Very like us in 2011,and also next time round. Get rid of who got you there, then waste a load of money on overpaid, past it wasters that leech your club dry. Will be interesting to see if they continue to map the cycle of what we did. We did stay up for one year though
Tarquins sack their manager! on 00:40 - Mar 1 with 5393 viewsjohncharles

Message to Konk, Beware the Redknapp
Just when you think things couldn’t get worse........

Strong and stable my arse.

Tarquins sack their manager! on 07:19 - Mar 1 with 5130 viewspaulparker

Get in Scott Parker now in charges wonder how is he going to recover from a serious injury , rub his hand through his hair and turn 360 degrees multiple times and get MOTM from the technical area ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tarquins sack their manager! on 08:11 - Mar 1 with 5040 viewsShotKneesHoop

Tarquins sack their manager! on 17:52 - Feb 28 by RangersDave

Oi, I hope you don't mean me? I am the only legitimate owner of that moniker - Shot Knees

"Arry has loads of other to choose from such as candle face, Pinocchio, I'm a liar - get me out of here, wheeler-dealer conman squealer, flash 'Arry, Redknobb, Arii- Karri, Mr 10%.

ANd he's got his own theme tune too

So, please don't use my name when referring to that complete corrupt Harris

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Tarquins sack their manager! on 08:15 - Mar 1 with 5029 viewsTheChef

Tarquins sack their manager! on 22:20 - Feb 28 by RANGERS4EVER

£110m spent, three managers, no London derby wins, points total of 17 points which is woeful, player arguments, one fight at the training ground. Yet they have been given a completely free ride from the press? Remember when people were praising them for spending £100m+ whilst criticising Cardiff in the process?

We have and will forever be tainted with our big money spending yet Fulham have seemingly got a free hit. No doubt they will go down, keep their players, spend another £40m with parachute payments, go up and be highly praised again.

Modern football is sh*te

You'd really think clubs would learn from our experience, or look at the likes of Burnley to see how you can survive in the Prem without spunking a load of cash.

For the likes of Khan and others it just seems like a vanity project, and who cares about the cash going down the drain?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:31 - Mar 1 with 4899 viewsKonk

We needed to sign at least four PL quality defenders because our entire defence needed replacing. We needed to sign at least one keeper, as we only had Bettinelli, who is okay without being most people's idea of a great keeper.

This is the side and bench that played in the play-off final:

Bettinelli - unproven in PL

Fredericks — joined West Ham on a freebie

Odoi — never going to be good enough for the PL

Ream — very good last year, but unlikely to be good enough for the PL

Targett — on loan from Saints, who wanted the best part of £20m for him

Cairney — probably good enough for the PL, but injured for a large chunk of the first half of the season

McDonald — excellent last season, but always likely to struggle a bit with the pace and intensity of the PL

Johansen — very good in the Championship, but probably not good enough to be a regular starter in the PL

Kamara — bull in a china shop. Had something of a nuisance factor, but wouldn’t ideally be starting in the PL

Mitrovic — absolute quality and a great attitude to date. Cost £22m or something to sign in the Summer.

Ryan Sessegnon — fantastic player, but only just turned 18 and had never played in the PL

Bench: Fonte (Not good enough), Ayite (Probably not good enough), Norwood (Loan and pnge)), Piazon (Loan and pnge), Christie (pretty sh it), Kalas (Loan and pnge to be a regular starter) and Button (not good enough). Other than that, we had Kebano, who might be okay off the bench in the PL, but not sure.

So, I think we did need to sign a load of players - partly because we'd relied so heavily on the loan system in our promotion year. We spent almost a 1/4 of our budget converting Mitrovic to a permanent signing, and then spunked a load on a bunch of players that really have failed to improve our side, and have probably just unbalanced everything. The side that played Villa would probably have still gone down, but would probably have made a better fist of things. But, we lost both full-backs, who were crucial to our success.

I said at the time that I would have kept Jokanovic even if we were relegated. We played good football, there was an emphasis on attack, and I think he deserved a bit of patience and respect. He had problems with injuries and seemingly didn't get to pick the signings he'd have liked. Under Ranieri, we've been clueless, welly the ball, haven't really tightened up at the back, and he's managed to pi ss-off Cairney and Sessegnon; either by not starting or by playing them out of position. We are a mess on and off the pitch, and most people think the fault lies principally with our owner's son, who serves as our DOF, despite absolutely no background in football. He's the one who identifies our signings. Also, signing 5 players on deadline day is hardly ideal prep.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:36 - Mar 1 with 4883 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'I've always liked this Club, m'lady'

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:52 - Mar 1 with 4862 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, it all feels eerily familiar.

Sympathies, Konk. As they say in my part of County Cork - "I wouldn't wish it on a Kerryman".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tarquins sack their manager! on 10:11 - Mar 1 with 4834 viewsBuckR

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:31 - Mar 1 by Konk

We needed to sign at least four PL quality defenders because our entire defence needed replacing. We needed to sign at least one keeper, as we only had Bettinelli, who is okay without being most people's idea of a great keeper.

This is the side and bench that played in the play-off final:

Bettinelli - unproven in PL

Fredericks — joined West Ham on a freebie

Odoi — never going to be good enough for the PL

Ream — very good last year, but unlikely to be good enough for the PL

Targett — on loan from Saints, who wanted the best part of £20m for him

Cairney — probably good enough for the PL, but injured for a large chunk of the first half of the season

McDonald — excellent last season, but always likely to struggle a bit with the pace and intensity of the PL

Johansen — very good in the Championship, but probably not good enough to be a regular starter in the PL

Kamara — bull in a china shop. Had something of a nuisance factor, but wouldn’t ideally be starting in the PL

Mitrovic — absolute quality and a great attitude to date. Cost £22m or something to sign in the Summer.

Ryan Sessegnon — fantastic player, but only just turned 18 and had never played in the PL

Bench: Fonte (Not good enough), Ayite (Probably not good enough), Norwood (Loan and pnge)), Piazon (Loan and pnge), Christie (pretty sh it), Kalas (Loan and pnge to be a regular starter) and Button (not good enough). Other than that, we had Kebano, who might be okay off the bench in the PL, but not sure.

So, I think we did need to sign a load of players - partly because we'd relied so heavily on the loan system in our promotion year. We spent almost a 1/4 of our budget converting Mitrovic to a permanent signing, and then spunked a load on a bunch of players that really have failed to improve our side, and have probably just unbalanced everything. The side that played Villa would probably have still gone down, but would probably have made a better fist of things. But, we lost both full-backs, who were crucial to our success.

I said at the time that I would have kept Jokanovic even if we were relegated. We played good football, there was an emphasis on attack, and I think he deserved a bit of patience and respect. He had problems with injuries and seemingly didn't get to pick the signings he'd have liked. Under Ranieri, we've been clueless, welly the ball, haven't really tightened up at the back, and he's managed to pi ss-off Cairney and Sessegnon; either by not starting or by playing them out of position. We are a mess on and off the pitch, and most people think the fault lies principally with our owner's son, who serves as our DOF, despite absolutely no background in football. He's the one who identifies our signings. Also, signing 5 players on deadline day is hardly ideal prep.

Errrr now do that with Cardiffs squad!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024