Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue 22:05 - Nov 1 with 25241 viewsNookiejack

.....ex shareholders to rescind the original deal - on the basis they have been sold a 'pup'. They want their money back. All speculation and rumour but people can understand where this has all come from. I don't know whether this means they will apply to abrogate the acquisition of their shares from multimillionaires Jenkins, Dineen and Morgan etc.

Going to be some difficult conversations ahead when Jenkins meets the Yanks when over for Man U game.

Probably mean Jenkins et al and the Yanks will now have to all their lawyers present - when meeting each other.

Think of a scenario where ex shareholders have to give all their money back to Yanks, relegation and reputations (their family name) tarnished for the rest of their lives. Maybe they will reflect and think were the extra millions worth it?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:34 - Nov 2 with 2940 viewsDarran

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:31 - Nov 2 by TheResurrection

It's only Teabag/Darran/BigPhilG saying it and he should be ignored as he's a clueless kunt.

FYI.

What am I ignoring?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:42 - Nov 2 with 2904 viewsVetchitBack

The Premier League/Sky Sports monstrosity deserves to die a painful death hopefully with the plastics still inside.

Rather my club in the 4th than this club in the Prem.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:05 - Nov 2 with 2622 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:20 - Nov 2 by Darran

So how did the City of Swansea cope before 2011 then?

I understand a few hotels might lose a few quid every other week during the season but basically what you're saying saying is bollox.

Better tell that to the leader of the council who said the City can no longer just ride on the coat tails of its football club. Tell it to the head of the university who said the establishment has benefitted from the success of the club.
It has already been estimated that it brings tens of millions of pounds to the economy. Not just us. See the panic in Sunderland at the moment as they fret over their demise.
Also you must have missed the Trust statement where the sellouts wanted jam today not jam tomorrow when a Chinese organisation wanted to invest in the club and infastructure of the City. That could have been a massive opportunity lost and the club would have been the flagship for it.
It is all about the Swansea name being promoted on a worldwide basis. We have not scratched the surface yet.
The recognition in America if Bob is a success will be massive. We have already been splashed all over the major press outlets in the States.
Our owners are banking on this one, however unlikely success on the pitch seems at the moment.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:07 - Nov 2 with 2611 viewsplasjack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 14:29 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

How can the Americans asset strip the club without without the trust getting 21%? if the trust got 21% of any asset stripping wouldn't this put them in a strong position to buy the whole club if we were relegated?

Asset stripping, will parachute payments spread over 4 years be included, if so the Americans have got a long wait, so will be our owners for at least that time period too benefit.
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:08 - Nov 2 with 2600 viewsOldjack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 22:58 - Nov 1 by BigPhilG

You couldn't make this up if you tried

I'd love it to be true all the same

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:10 - Nov 2 with 2585 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 16:42 - Nov 2 by VetchitBack

The Premier League/Sky Sports monstrosity deserves to die a painful death hopefully with the plastics still inside.

Rather my club in the 4th than this club in the Prem.

It is a dilemma for me as well as I hate the money in the Prem but I recognise the good it is doing for the City.
I must say I don't yearn for league 4 days. I am not being sarcastic but if the club has that big an issue for you then maybe Llanelli AFC could be for you.
I have earmarked a few matches there to go and watch LT10 :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:14 - Nov 2 with 2558 viewsswan85

Not sure if this is true, but could be.

From what I understand from the trust statement, the sellers "warranted" the position of the trust to the Americans. Under contract for sale of product, a breach such as this usually gives the right to terminate the contract. As I only have limited knowledge in cases of "acquisition breach" I googled and found the attached, I have not read all of it, but page 1 note 2 is very interesting!

As said before there could be some people in Swansea experiencing squeaky bum time!

https://www.paulhastings.com/docs/default-source/PDFs/wldoc-14-1-28-12_4-(pm).pd
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:15 - Nov 2 with 2554 viewsunion_jack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:05 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Better tell that to the leader of the council who said the City can no longer just ride on the coat tails of its football club. Tell it to the head of the university who said the establishment has benefitted from the success of the club.
It has already been estimated that it brings tens of millions of pounds to the economy. Not just us. See the panic in Sunderland at the moment as they fret over their demise.
Also you must have missed the Trust statement where the sellouts wanted jam today not jam tomorrow when a Chinese organisation wanted to invest in the club and infastructure of the City. That could have been a massive opportunity lost and the club would have been the flagship for it.
It is all about the Swansea name being promoted on a worldwide basis. We have not scratched the surface yet.
The recognition in America if Bob is a success will be massive. We have already been splashed all over the major press outlets in the States.
Our owners are banking on this one, however unlikely success on the pitch seems at the moment.

I was going to back you up but clearly you don't need it. On the button that.
'I took your "at any cost" as being a figure of speech and not something like the killing of all children under 3 years of age or any such thing!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:21 - Nov 2 with 2518 viewsmax936

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:05 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

That's a cracking point of view and you've got my vote, Great Post.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:23 - Nov 2 with 2504 viewsItchySphincter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:15 - Nov 2 by union_jack

'I took your "at any cost" as being a figure of speech and not something like the killing of all children under 3 years of age or any such thing!

Ahh right, so Premier League at all cost is a figure of speech now? Sounds pretty definitive to me.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:27 - Nov 2 with 2487 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:15 - Nov 2 by union_jack

Indeed it was a figure of speech. I replied above that I meant playing sh!te football that would make a Pullis team look like Barcelona. I would gladly suffer that now if it meant retaining our status. I would even take Fat Sam on board if Bob continues looking as clueless as he seems at the moment.
I think my choice of words gave the wrong impression.
Or maybe not. Maybe some posters are not prepared to sacrifice style to retain our status and would be happy to see us play ineffective tippy tappy football all the way down the league ladder.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:32 - Nov 2 with 2449 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

There's no way on earth the yanks want their club to be relegated .

Even though they took Bob on

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:33 - Nov 2 with 2441 viewsmax936

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:27 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Indeed it was a figure of speech. I replied above that I meant playing sh!te football that would make a Pullis team look like Barcelona. I would gladly suffer that now if it meant retaining our status. I would even take Fat Sam on board if Bob continues looking as clueless as he seems at the moment.
I think my choice of words gave the wrong impression.
Or maybe not. Maybe some posters are not prepared to sacrifice style to retain our status and would be happy to see us play ineffective tippy tappy football all the way down the league ladder.

I never ever thought I'd be writing this, but seeing Fat Sam in our dugout would be a relief at the moment. I'm ashamed of myself

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:35 - Nov 2 with 2425 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:14 - Nov 2 by swan85

Not sure if this is true, but could be.

From what I understand from the trust statement, the sellers "warranted" the position of the trust to the Americans. Under contract for sale of product, a breach such as this usually gives the right to terminate the contract. As I only have limited knowledge in cases of "acquisition breach" I googled and found the attached, I have not read all of it, but page 1 note 2 is very interesting!

As said before there could be some people in Swansea experiencing squeaky bum time!

https://www.paulhastings.com/docs/default-source/PDFs/wldoc-14-1-28-12_4-(pm).pd

Here is one for Lisa to get her teeth into and any other legal eagles on here ;-)
I suspect if relationships between the sellers and buyers are breaking down then there are a few worried millionaires out there....

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:38 - Nov 2 with 2409 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:35 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Here is one for Lisa to get her teeth into and any other legal eagles on here ;-)
I suspect if relationships between the sellers and buyers are breaking down then there are a few worried millionaires out there....

Good Googling!

Poor old Huey.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:39 - Nov 2 with 2393 viewsmonmouth

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:35 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

I doubt they'd recind, but who knows. That is very interesting though. Not sure what the damages would consist of if they sued, but there must have been a reason they wanted that specific warranty.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:41 - Nov 2 with 2373 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:39 - Nov 2 by monmouth

I doubt they'd recind, but who knows. That is very interesting though. Not sure what the damages would consist of if they sued, but there must have been a reason they wanted that specific warranty.

The Yanks are top drawer when it comes to the legal stuff

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:56 - Nov 2 with 2306 viewslonglostjack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:41 - Nov 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

The Yanks are top drawer when it comes to the legal stuff

Google Levien / Oaktree / Beluga Shipping

Not averse to getting their fingers burned through local shenanigans. Put it through Google translator.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 19:58]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:07 - Nov 2 with 2259 viewsClinton

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:33 - Nov 2 by max936

I never ever thought I'd be writing this, but seeing Fat Sam in our dugout would be a relief at the moment. I'm ashamed of myself

It's not as if we are playing proper football at the moment, at least he might pick the same 11 a couple of weeks running.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 2208 viewsDarran

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 19:33 - Nov 2 by max936

We wouldn't have been in this mess if Rodgers had been appointed at the beginning of the season but none of you brainiacs wanted that.

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:18 - Nov 2 with 2153 viewsWatchman

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:13 - Nov 2 by Darran

We wouldn't have been in this mess if Rodgers had been appointed at the beginning of the season but none of you brainiacs wanted that.

BR knew it was a car crash no way was he ever going to be here again

5 years time after 231 trophies in haggisland and he will be back

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:21 - Nov 2 with 2138 viewsDarran

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:18 - Nov 2 by Watchman

BR knew it was a car crash no way was he ever going to be here again

5 years time after 231 trophies in haggisland and he will be back

Yes he was he was happy to come here at the start of the season. FACT

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 2060 viewslonglostjack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:21 - Nov 2 by Darran

Suprised by that tbh after his experience of dealing with US owners at Liverpool. Maybe Klopp gave him a few tips on not what to accept in a contract.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:44 - Nov 2 with 2045 viewsjackrabbit

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:21 - Nov 2 by Darran

Yes, I was one who dismissed Brendan as 'old hat' and saw exciting possibilities in Guido's appointment. I mean what a prospect! - all those second string, or emerging Serie 'A' players would flock over to Swansea to be re-united with their old mentor Francesco. It would be just like the exciting times under Laudrup - Italian versions of Michu, Chico, Pablo et al would arrive to transform Swans back to the days of the elegant, flowing passing football that made us everyone's favourite second team.
Where did it all go wrong? Apart from Paloschi, we saw no benefit at all from Guidolin's knowledge and experience of Serie A. Just like Paulo Sousa, he seemed to have lost his little black book labelled 'Contacts''.

So, yes we definitely missed a trick in not taking Brendan back. A decision that looks like costing us our PL status.
Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:49 - Nov 2 with 2006 viewsicecoldjack

Wow - just heard a rumour that Yanks are going to sue on 20:13 - Nov 2 by Darran

If Rodgers was happy to come here in the summer why didn't he come here when we really needed him back in december/January ?

As you always say, any manager would jump at taking a premier league job as there are only 20 clubs at a given time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024