Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64586 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:57 - Feb 18 with 2572 viewsQJumpingJack

Why don't the Trust publish who has attended the boardroom with their guests?
Stadium deal agreed on 20:58 - Feb 18 with 2571 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium deal agreed on 20:04 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

I dint think there are “bad eggs” on the Trust board but there are markedly differing views on approach and various other things. None of them/us are bad people.

I also think (and this isn’t aimed at you, Fath) that people need to be very careful when using words like “collusion” with all the associated connotations. It’s not helpful and bordering on libellous.

"I dint think there are “bad eggs” on the Trust board but there are markedly differing views on approach and various other things. None of them/us are bad people. "

I agree with this.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:59 - Feb 18 with 2566 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:42 - Feb 18 by TheResurrection

Andrew, calm down with the Rumpole of the Bailey bullshit. If the Trust aren't communicating and leaving their members completely in the dark we have every right to consider whether COLLUSION is going on.

If it was me id be demanding a snap board meeting and smashing things out face to face quick sharpish.

I'd want to know the full nine yards and what the facking cat had for dinner.

Nice guys my cock.

The 3 that interviewed me I wouldn't expect anything of any note from them, ever.

And I'm pretty gutted I had to join up to this farce and become a member again. I facking chose to join a crew led by geriatrics and mutant facking sheep

Colluded!? Facking find out

I so very nearly joined 6-8 weeks back when the revote discussion was had. I had to really battle with my stance. I am so glad I stood firm after reading all this.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Stadium deal agreed on 21:00 - Feb 18 with 2556 viewsDarran

I’m sure I saw the tail wagging fella in the Directors Box recently.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stadium deal agreed on 21:00 - Feb 18 with 2554 viewsSwanzay

Quite interesting that Phil has chosen to respond numerous times to this thread and yet be so silent on so many others on his very own forum?
Stadium deal agreed on 21:02 - Feb 18 with 2546 viewsPhil_S

Stadium deal agreed on 21:00 - Feb 18 by Swanzay

Quite interesting that Phil has chosen to respond numerous times to this thread and yet be so silent on so many others on his very own forum?

Not really - there you are just looking for a conspiracy theory

Sometimes the forum grabs my interest with a thread or two. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I am in the mood to sit, read and post. Some days I am not. Yesterday was one of them were the board didn't grab my interest or time
Stadium deal agreed on 21:05 - Feb 18 with 2528 viewsSwanzay

Stadium deal agreed on 21:02 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Not really - there you are just looking for a conspiracy theory

Sometimes the forum grabs my interest with a thread or two. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I am in the mood to sit, read and post. Some days I am not. Yesterday was one of them were the board didn't grab my interest or time

Bit like the Trust mindset then
Stadium deal agreed on 21:13 - Feb 18 with 2497 viewsE20Jack

I think people need to separate being "not a bad person" and being a horrendous addition to the Trust board that can damage the club as a result.

They can be both. Whether they are nice people or not is irrelevant. Does it matter if the club and Trust is ruined by bad people or is ruined by nice people? If they are involved in ruining it, regardless of character, they need to go.

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 21:24 - Feb 18 with 2463 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:57 - Feb 18 by QJumpingJack

Why don't the Trust publish who has attended the boardroom with their guests?

This is a VERY good idea and it can easily be produced by the Trust, if they so desired.

I am absolutely convinced that many people either wouldn't be invited or wouldn't attend if it was to become public knowledge that they were wining in dining every game in the Boardroom.

I'm not just talking about Trust Board members, but also their guests. I'd love to think that the people who work in the pods get a chance to experience the VIP treatment (if they want it) and others who contribute to the Trust in similar 'non-Board' ways. I suppose I've made that clear by now over the past few years.

We're all different (I expect that there are some like Ux who would probably much prefer to sit in his seat in the East Stand, but I do like the odd bit of VIP treatment) but there should always be a good and valid reason for people using the Trust's access to the Boardroom and Director's Box.

I suppose the most pertinent question is: would they pay the ÂŁ600 + VAT that it costs to be a Director for a Day in the Boardroom and Box?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 21:32 - Feb 18 with 2415 viewsDarran

Stadium deal agreed on 21:24 - Feb 18 by MoscowJack

This is a VERY good idea and it can easily be produced by the Trust, if they so desired.

I am absolutely convinced that many people either wouldn't be invited or wouldn't attend if it was to become public knowledge that they were wining in dining every game in the Boardroom.

I'm not just talking about Trust Board members, but also their guests. I'd love to think that the people who work in the pods get a chance to experience the VIP treatment (if they want it) and others who contribute to the Trust in similar 'non-Board' ways. I suppose I've made that clear by now over the past few years.

We're all different (I expect that there are some like Ux who would probably much prefer to sit in his seat in the East Stand, but I do like the odd bit of VIP treatment) but there should always be a good and valid reason for people using the Trust's access to the Boardroom and Director's Box.

I suppose the most pertinent question is: would they pay the ÂŁ600 + VAT that it costs to be a Director for a Day in the Boardroom and Box?

They should publish a list of who gets on X-Ray with Lucy too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stadium deal agreed on 21:38 - Feb 18 with 2376 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 21:24 - Feb 18 by MoscowJack

The idea of sitting in the Directors box with all those vipers there seems hideous to me, let alone partake in a few drinkies and finger buffet etc

Thankfully I'll never have the chance.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium deal agreed on 21:41 - Feb 18 with 2350 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 21:38 - Feb 18 by max936

The idea of sitting in the Directors box with all those vipers there seems hideous to me, let alone partake in a few drinkies and finger buffet etc

Thankfully I'll never have the chance.

You could invite that Sundo fan that shat on his seat. Could just see him easing out a log on Jenko's ermine lined chair.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 21:49 - Feb 18 with 2314 viewsQJumpingJack

If the Trust and council had a strong relationship perhaps the council could have been in talks with the Trust over the last few weeks/months - keeping up them up to date. Does Rob Stewart support the Swans / attend the boardroom on a regular basis? Is he a member of the Trust?
Stadium deal agreed on 22:02 - Feb 18 with 2274 viewslonglostjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:56 - Feb 18 by ItchySphincter

Go on Phil.......!!

Go on.......

Yep. Time for members to know which individuals on the Trust Board were privy to information that was not passed on. Name and shame. Collective responsibility no longer applies. Their actions have put paid to that.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 22:08]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stadium deal agreed on 22:14 - Feb 18 with 2252 viewsswanforthemoney

There’s a lot of vague self righteous anger on here.
Please get over yourselves. If you can do better, stand in the summer at the next elections. If you don’t have the time or inclination, vote for someone you really support or get organised and get behind a group of candidates who reflect your views.
Just saying, like.

I stand in the North Stand

Stadium deal agreed on 22:23 - Feb 18 with 2239 views34dfgdf54

Stadium deal agreed on 18:35 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

It is hugely disappointing that it does seem that some have this information and have elected not to share it with the full trust board

Absolutely shocking.

It’s rotten to the core I’m afraid, and needs wholesale changes. Surprised Lisa and ECB haven’t jacked if I’m being honest, not worth wasting valuable time over. While those in charge are there, nothing will change.

Pointless organisation
Stadium deal agreed on 22:28 - Feb 18 with 2222 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 22:23 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

Absolutely shocking.

It’s rotten to the core I’m afraid, and needs wholesale changes. Surprised Lisa and ECB haven’t jacked if I’m being honest, not worth wasting valuable time over. While those in charge are there, nothing will change.

Pointless organisation

I'm sure that certain people would love Lisa and ECB to resign - it would play into their hands.

I, for one, am extremely grateful for their patience and persistence. They've backed up their 'moans' with action and we need to make sure that their efforts aren't ignored by the few or many who seem intent on not listening to what the fans expect.

The tail wagging the dog comment at the forum and the lack of pen pics which were promised 6 months ago (such a simple thing to do....maybe they could outsource it to a Primary school in Swansea?) are two of the tiny things that are petty but sum up the running of the trust, in my opinion.

It's absolutely pathetic.

Stadium deal agreed on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 2183 views34dfgdf54

Stadium deal agreed on 22:28 - Feb 18 by MoscowJack

I'm sure that certain people would love Lisa and ECB to resign - it would play into their hands.

I, for one, am extremely grateful for their patience and persistence. They've backed up their 'moans' with action and we need to make sure that their efforts aren't ignored by the few or many who seem intent on not listening to what the fans expect.

The tail wagging the dog comment at the forum and the lack of pen pics which were promised 6 months ago (such a simple thing to do....maybe they could outsource it to a Primary school in Swansea?) are two of the tiny things that are petty but sum up the running of the trust, in my opinion.

It's absolutely pathetic.

Most of the stuff you see on these type of threads is way over my head if I’m being honest, but I’m very surprised more is not being made of information not being made available to all board members, you know, the ones elected to help look after the best interests of the club and trust.

It’s completely f*cked, and although although a tenner doesn’t get very far, I’m gutted I renewed. They are a non entity as far as I’m concerned.
Stadium deal agreed on 22:51 - Feb 18 with 2148 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 22:38 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

Most of the stuff you see on these type of threads is way over my head if I’m being honest, but I’m very surprised more is not being made of information not being made available to all board members, you know, the ones elected to help look after the best interests of the club and trust.

It’s completely f*cked, and although although a tenner doesn’t get very far, I’m gutted I renewed. They are a non entity as far as I’m concerned.

The money is irrelevant. It is the principle, it is what the renewal/joining represents. I wouldn't even join if they lowered it to 1p. I mean that too.

For a start it should be accessible to every supporter. It should represent the voice of the fanbase, not just the 5% that are willing to pay. To pay any amount validates their decision to feel you need to pay to have a voice.

Secondly, when they know they have a regular income from other sources they are far more likely to be frivelous with it. Like spending tens of thousands of pounds of our money on two QC opinions they decided to ignore, and probably always intended to ignore.

And thirdly, how can I live with myself knowing I am showing my support (financial or otherwise) to an organisation which has proven time and time again it has no interest in reresenting us, but only themselves? This to the detriment of the club. The more paid members they have the more they think they are doing a good job and are strong.

The Trust can be strong, the Trust should be strong - but for whatever reason, people dont want to upset fellow/former board members by calling them out personally. Until that happens it will remain the way it is. Such a shame with some very capable people on the board completely blunted by the majority.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 22:55]

Stadium deal agreed on 02:25 - Feb 19 with 2016 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Stadium deal agreed on 18:46 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

As I said back in November, the terms of the deal presented to us told me clearly that the relationship with the Americans was - and always would be - non existent at worst, subject to lip service at best.

Nothing I have seen in the past 3 months tells me that things have changed any more. Yet the board clearly wanted to continue working with them and trying to build a non existent relationship

It does seem that for some - and I say this with a heavy heart - the ability to sit in the directors box on a matchday is far more important than doing the job for which they should be elected. Take a look on a matchday and you will know who those people are.

I also firmly believe that the silence on this subject is more than a coincidence - I wonder if silence is complicit agreement or has been requested

It's clear as day that the trust board is in bed with the Yanks, and it's disgusting. They're nothing but yes men for those crooks.

Come on you Swans.

Stadium deal agreed on 07:01 - Feb 19 with 1915 viewsBobby_Fischer

Stadium deal agreed on 22:14 - Feb 18 by swanforthemoney

There’s a lot of vague self righteous anger on here.
Please get over yourselves. If you can do better, stand in the summer at the next elections. If you don’t have the time or inclination, vote for someone you really support or get organised and get behind a group of candidates who reflect your views.
Just saying, like.

Hi Alan.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Stadium deal agreed on 07:24 - Feb 19 with 1895 viewstrampie

People I talk to think the trust board is (and has been for a very long time) too close to the owners.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Stadium deal agreed on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 1888 viewsmarchamjack

Trust Member here. Fuming with the Trust's silence and lack of transparency on this (and all things really).

Where is the Trust voice? Went on the website, nothing on this at all. Last news from 16th January about advance motice for the AGM....what news of that? ( aside from saying minutes posted).

Nothing at all on this on Trust twitter.

Lisa/ Andrew - Im sure you're as frustrated by all this as me (more no doubt) but us rank and file literally dont know a thing worth knowing about the Trusts views and doings on anything. If it wasnt for PS we'd know less. Who the fck is in charge of communications? They should get a job at MI6 as ive no idea what's going on there either. Could you let me know pls as Id like to email them and vent all this. Im sure it won't make a difference but it'll make me feel better.

Whats the latest news (sic) on the re-vote or not as the case might be too pls? That's the most important thing to hear an update on as far as most Members out here are concerned.

Sorry to ask on here but put it openly on twitter and zero reply.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Stadium deal agreed on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 1888 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 07:24 - Feb 19 by trampie

People I talk to think the trust board is (and has been for a very long time) too close to the owners.

People might be of a different opinion if the Supporter's Rep (Stu Mac) communicated more regularly than he does.

The fact that the Trust don't deem it necessary to communicate, even on his behalf, speak volumes of their lack of desire to feed us any information, despite hundreds of claims that "we know communication is an issue". This is the most obvious place to start and, as many have said, there should at least be a brief update in every matchday programme, as well as online.

I almost feel like there's a middle finger being pointed in the direction of all of us fans (from certain Trust Board members) and the "tail wagging the dog" comment didn't exactly encourage us to think differently, did it?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 9:23]

Stadium deal agreed on 07:56 - Feb 19 with 1849 viewsBobby_Fischer

Stadium deal agreed on 07:36 - Feb 19 by MoscowJack

People might be of a different opinion if the Supporter's Rep (Stu Mac) communicated more regularly than he does.

The fact that the Trust don't deem it necessary to communicate, even on his behalf, speak volumes of their lack of desire to feed us any information, despite hundreds of claims that "we know communication is an issue". This is the most obvious place to start and, as many have said, there should at least be a brief update in every matchday programme, as well as online.

I almost feel like there's a middle finger being pointed in the direction of all of us fans (from certain Trust Board members) and the "tail wagging the dog" comment didn't exactly encourage us to think differently, did it?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 9:23]

They didn't know mun.

That's they're party line.

Don't accuse them of anything mind, you'll be threatened with legal action.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 7:58]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024