Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68820 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:18 - Jun 12 with 2469 viewsandypitt56

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:15 - Jun 12 by raynor94

Scott Sinclair

Borini
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:21 - Jun 12 with 2437 viewsDevz00

Danny Graham

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:21 - Jun 12 with 2435 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:58 - Jun 12 by sainthelens

Why can't people see through Giggs? Totally disloyal piece of work who's basically using Wales to try and show he can manage Utd.
He couldn't give 2 fcks as he showed by never turning up.

Wales are playing badly under Giggs at the moment, everything looks as if he has managed to turn us into a poor team again.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:28 - Jun 12 with 2387 viewsjackrmee

Scott Sinclair

1 player?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:35 - Jun 12 with 2340 viewsSwanseaman

Cooper receiving media praise:

While Swansea supporters were bitterly disappointed to see Potter out of the door so soon, they may be welcoming in another promising young British manager straight away.

He took this possession based football and stuck with it, always wanting his players to have the ball and be composed under pressure. They must attack with aggression and as we saw with England in his later years, be disciplined.

Some star names in the Premier League have Cooper to thank for the position they are in today. He played a big part in the development of Liverpool youngsters Trent Alexander-Arnold, Raheem Sterling and Ben Woodburn during his time at the club, two of which have gone on to be genuine world stars.

All of those aforementioned names play with the principles that Cooper instilled into them, being brave and comfortable in possession and aggressive when they do not have the ball.

this job could be the perfect place for Cooper to develop as a senior manager while the Welsh club could have picked up another brilliant young manager. The perfect fit.

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/who-is-new-swansea-manager-steve-cooper-an

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:41 - Jun 12 with 2308 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:28 - Jun 12 by jackrmee

1 player?

As put above, Borini, Danny Graham

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:43 - Jun 12 with 2289 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:21 - Jun 12 by Devz00

Danny Graham

OK fair enough haha

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:48 - Jun 12 with 2260 viewsJango

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:41 - Jun 12 by raynor94

He’d coached all 3 players before tho so can’t really be used in this argument that Rodgers had contacts where as Cooper only knows the players he’d coached. I’m not sure how anybody on here can claim that cooper has no contacts in the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:50 - Jun 12 with 2248 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:48 - Jun 12 by Jango

He’d coached all 3 players before tho so can’t really be used in this argument that Rodgers had contacts where as Cooper only knows the players he’d coached. I’m not sure how anybody on here can claim that cooper has no contacts in the game.

hmmmm, very true.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:13 - Jun 12 with 2142 viewsPhil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:58 - Jun 12 by sainthelens

What makes you the authority on everything?

Um it doesn't.

It was just an opinion, I won't apologise you are sensitive enough for an opposite one to offend you.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:22 - Jun 12 with 2091 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:13 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

Um it doesn't.

It was just an opinion, I won't apologise you are sensitive enough for an opposite one to offend you.

You'll make up your mind one day.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:22 - Jun 12 with 2086 viewsPhil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:19 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Bloody hell Phil, make your mind up!! It sounds as if you are backing the powers that be up here for once!!!

It's a laughable appointment if it happens. This is the Championship not league 2 or national League.

What am I backing. Two people who I trust hugely? Leon and Curt? I would back their knowledge of football over anyone's on here any day of the week.

The good news is one day you will be right about Cooper, as nearly every manager in the history of the game has failed at some stage or the other and been sacked. When that day comes you can claim the moral high ground

Until then we simply don't know - you have one opinion, some people have the opposite one.

I am much in the place of Lisa, it doesnt excite me (none of the names that were linked did) but if the likes of Leon and Curt say its the right appointment, I am prepared to go with the benefit of the doubt
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:36 - Jun 12 with 2002 viewsvetchonian

Dont forget Gylfi too, Brendan knew him from his Reading days

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:41 - Jun 12 with 1972 viewsPhil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:22 - Jun 12 by sainthelens

You'll make up your mind one day.

Aye that'll be it.

Precious.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:42 - Jun 12 with 1965 viewssnork44

Gylfi Sigurdsson , ok we'll forget about that the midfield muppet from Chelsea and Tamas Prisken

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:57 - Jun 12 with 1891 viewsLeonWasGod

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:36 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

Yeah, but he was sh*t. We've been much better off since he left. Or something like that.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:18 - Jun 12 with 1786 viewsSwanjaxs

This thread is gonna have as many pages as the Brexit thread before we appoint anyone ffs...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:40 - Jun 12 with 1687 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Scott Sinclair

Borini - Answered before I turned over the page, but Graham, Borini and Sinclair were big players for us!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 17:42]
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:41 - Jun 12 with 1679 viewsTNT

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:44 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

As I said previously, it’s hard to get excited about the appointment as he’s not someone I know anything about.

But the process appears to have been rigorous, and the people doing the appointing know far more about him than any of us do.

He will have good contacts, is obviously highly regarded, and Mike Marsh, of course, spent quite some time as a first team coach at Liverpool. Worked for Brendan and Dalglish there. And Cooper ran their academy.

He certainly has a background with far more coaching experience than Monk had when he became our manager. And that was in the Premier League.

I hope he does incredibly well. It’s certainly a bold appointment. Although not exciting in the way that a Laudrup is exciting, it definitely doesn’t fill me with the sort of dread that most names that do the rounds at this level (or the PL for that matter) would do. Unlike others on here, I would far rather this than appointing someone like Poyet.

His father is still the most biased ref I’ve had the misfortune of seeing, of course!

'His father is still the most biased ref I’ve had the misfortune of seeing, of course!'

He made Lester Shapter look good!... and Gurnham Singh...and Roger Milford!

Seriously though, Cooper was defo anti-Swansea.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:43 - Jun 12 with 1673 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:22 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

What am I backing. Two people who I trust hugely? Leon and Curt? I would back their knowledge of football over anyone's on here any day of the week.

The good news is one day you will be right about Cooper, as nearly every manager in the history of the game has failed at some stage or the other and been sacked. When that day comes you can claim the moral high ground

Until then we simply don't know - you have one opinion, some people have the opposite one.

I am much in the place of Lisa, it doesnt excite me (none of the names that were linked did) but if the likes of Leon and Curt say its the right appointment, I am prepared to go with the benefit of the doubt

Not getting this blind trust of Leon, I’ve got to be honest.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:43 - Jun 12 with 1670 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:36 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

good spot!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:45 - Jun 12 with 1658 viewsPhil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:43 - Jun 12 by 34dfgdf54

Not getting this blind trust of Leon, I’ve got to be honest.

Nothing near blind trust but he has a very good knowledge and I'd certainly value his opinion over say dicky 😂

Plus of course he was actually at the interview which nobody on here had the benefit of being

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:47 - Jun 12 with 1634 viewsBlue_Blood

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:00 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

Amazing contacts, that was his strength to get old Liverpool players!

Cooper doesn't have that!

I dont want to rain on your parade. But I'd suggest Cooper has decent contacts.

He worked with Pep Segura who is responsible for all the comings and goings at Barcelona.

He worked with Rodolfo Borrell who is a coach at Man City.

He also worked with Stuart Webber who is Norwich sporting director at Wrexham and Liverpool.

The England DNA programme which he was prominent in also would have earned him massive respect in the football world.

It's a gamble for your lot but looking at the names mentioned I would definitely be willing to roll the dice.

There's not a lot out there in terms of lengthy interviews for anyone to approve or disapprove at present but someone who is fresh and busting to get on the managerial ladder could be another masterstroke.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:50 - Jun 12 with 1615 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:45 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

Nothing near blind trust but he has a very good knowledge and I'd certainly value his opinion over say dicky 😂

Plus of course he was actually at the interview which nobody on here had the benefit of being

Completely agree with that, anyone who could even begin to think Flynn would be a good appointment need to have a look hard look at themselves.

Leon was a good player, one of our best, not sure he’s qualified to be a part of a committee tasked on making decisions this big though.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:28 - Jun 12 with 1462 viewsSwanseaman

shortly
(ʃɔːʳtli )
1. adverb [ADVERB with verb, ADV adv]
If something happens shortly after or before something else, it happens not long after or before it. If something is going to happen shortly, it is going to happen soon.
Their trial will shortly begin.
The work will be completed very shortly.
Shortly after moving into her apartment, she found a job. [+ after]
She kept a diary until shortly before her death.
Christine didn't answer, and shortly afterwards she left.
[Also + before]
Synonyms: soon, presently, before long, anon [archaic]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024