Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437534 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Apr 8 with 2158 viewsPentyrchJack

Why are the politicians and chief medical & chief scientific officers spinning the stats to suggest the UK is "managing the curve". The stars show more people died today than any other day, so it's hardly a success is it? W@nkers.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Corona Virus on 21:41 - Apr 8 with 2148 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:35 - Apr 8 by PentyrchJack

Why are the politicians and chief medical & chief scientific officers spinning the stats to suggest the UK is "managing the curve". The stars show more people died today than any other day, so it's hardly a success is it? W@nkers.

There are 2 curves, new cases and deaths.
The deaths lag the new case by 1 to 4 weeks, so the deaths we are seeing now are from new cases at least a week ago.
The curve to look at is the daily new cases here.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
Corona Virus on 21:44 - Apr 8 with 2136 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 21:41 - Apr 8 by A_Fans_Dad

The deaths lag the new case by 1 to 4 weeks, so the deaths we are seeing now are from new cases at least a week ago.

This, those deaths could of occurred anytime in the last couple of weeks or so - those figures are for the date the death was recorded... I think.
Corona Virus on 21:45 - Apr 8 with 2133 viewsPentyrchJack

Corona Virus on 21:41 - Apr 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Thanks, I see deaths dipped on 5 April but then spiked again subsequently. Surely one day's figures are statistically insignificant? This is a good weblink. Thanks

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Apr 8 with 2125 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:06 - Apr 8 by chad

Prof (or anyone else) what do you think of the reports of humans passing the virus on to animals, and (original pandemic initiation event aside) the potential for the reverse?

It has been said that there is no evidence of them (or other animals they may infect) passing it back to humans (however WHO reported a similar thing about human to human transmission).

It seems logical to me (but obviously not a given) that if we can infect animals, with exactly the same virus, then they can return the favour, even if only by stroking them.

it has been reported that a high viral load has been found in the faeces of infected animals (of course a not unreported transmission route with other viruses, especially when aerosolised for e.g. through flushing and via faulty U bends).

When cutting my lawn a couple of weeks ago with a my petrol mower I sliced up up a partially desiccated cat turd, which I could smell strongly, so something was reaching my nose, and presumably the violent slicing would have caused aerosolisation of the cat turd to some extent.

Quite seriously do you think infection back from animals, a potential transmission route? Do you think it appropriate to dismiss this route through lack of evidence, when it is very unlikely that any evidence of this could be provided, given currently it would be almost impossible to say how anyone infected was infected?

I agree it is a worry and appears possible.
The other thing that is a concern is the 51 South Koreans who had been cleared of the virus have had it come back and either re-infect them, or it was hiding like a cold sore, herpes and shingles.
Corona Virus on 22:19 - Apr 8 with 2066 viewsblackswan

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Apr 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree it is a worry and appears possible.
The other thing that is a concern is the 51 South Koreans who had been cleared of the virus have had it come back and either re-infect them, or it was hiding like a cold sore, herpes and shingles.

Where has this been reported would be a massive problem
Corona Virus on 22:31 - Apr 8 with 2050 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 22:19 - Apr 8 by blackswan

Where has this been reported would be a massive problem

I read it earlier, here it is . https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/51-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-ag

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 22:59 - Apr 8 with 1999 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 22:31 - Apr 8 by Jack123

I read it earlier, here it is . https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/51-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-ag

So not reinfected then.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 00:25 - Apr 9 with 1910 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Apr 8 by PentyrchJack

Thanks, I see deaths dipped on 5 April but then spiked again subsequently. Surely one day's figures are statistically insignificant? This is a good weblink. Thanks

Sunday figures are always low. Fewer people working to keep up with the paperwork ahead of the daily announcement. The counts from the office of national statistics will be more accurate but they're only up to the 27th March as it takes time to sort through things accurately.
Corona Virus on 00:46 - Apr 9 with 1888 viewsJack123

It's so fuKking sad looking at these figures, for the moment our whole way of life has changed, and i think it was 100% avoidable, they could have locked down earlier, and a more stringent lock down than it is now..

It's pathetic, people even now still flaunting the advice brazenly, I can see when i look out my window, it seem's like only a few days ago, we were gobsmacked by the deaths coming out of Italy, WE are in the same position now, and it's like nobody gives a fck. I'm no scientist, but fck you can see they have fcked up, what's it going to take, 900 plus deaths, thur/fri/sat/sunday to enforce what Paris have done..

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 02:14 - Apr 9 with 1826 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 00:46 - Apr 9 by Jack123

It's so fuKking sad looking at these figures, for the moment our whole way of life has changed, and i think it was 100% avoidable, they could have locked down earlier, and a more stringent lock down than it is now..

It's pathetic, people even now still flaunting the advice brazenly, I can see when i look out my window, it seem's like only a few days ago, we were gobsmacked by the deaths coming out of Italy, WE are in the same position now, and it's like nobody gives a fck. I'm no scientist, but fck you can see they have fcked up, what's it going to take, 900 plus deaths, thur/fri/sat/sunday to enforce what Paris have done..

Mate, not 100% avoidable but yes many of the deaths were avoidable if things were done better/sooner. Please don't let the media's plague posting warp the realities of out situation.

I believe that the consensus is that around 80% of most/all countries poulation WILL be infected by Covid 19. It is unstoppable until we have a vaccine and/or herd immunity which is touted, by the experts, to be at least 12 months away. After the vaccine there is the question of its efficacy...is it long, short or complete term protection? Is Covid 19 going to be another seasonal virus like flu, heck is it even going to be seasonal?

Any deaths are reflected by it's inherant mortality rate which can also affected by whether or not particularly vulnerable people are protected "enough" from this disease and the affects of mutation in the disease - generally diseases tend towards a lower mortality rate as they mutate for evolutionary survival.

Currently the consensus is that the lesser the level of infection you get the more likely you are to survive irrespective of your aditional risk through age or sex (Older people and males are generally the greater risk groups). This can all change with the future prospects, as previously mentioned the diseases mutation and the efficacy of a vaccine and/or human immune reponse may alter the affects of the disease and how it presents.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 04:47 - Apr 9 with 1780 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 10:19 - Apr 8 by WarwickHunt

It’s the least the Chinese could do...

Very Racist.

I doubt if the local take away had anything to do with it, but I imagine a few of them have had a brick thrown through their window.

If I'm wrong, then please explain why you weren't being a racist when you said that. (Saying that "it was a joke / banter" doesn't do it.)

[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 5:05]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 05:05 - Apr 9 with 1768 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 00:03 - Apr 8 by Glyn1

News article from Tuesday:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/08/british-news-outlets-could-fail-du

A lot of major firms are programming their adverts deliberately to avoid appearing next to coronavirus news items. They can program that in the same way that they can avoid them appearing against other bad news stories (e.g. paedophilia, wife beating, prostitution etc.). Apparently that's reducing a lot of websites' advertising revenue, which again is something that people would never have thought of.

UPDATE

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/01/newspapers-to-lose-50m-in-online-a

Newspapers to lose £50m in online ads as firms use coronavirus 'blacklist'

"UK newspapers face losing £50m in digital revenues as advertisers use “blacklist” technology to block ads from appearing next to all stories that mention the coronavirus pandemic.

When advertisers run digital campaigns they use keyword blacklists — stocked with trigger words such as “attack” and “death” — that automatically stop ads running in potentially problematic stories that feature them. Publishers say that words related to the pandemic — such as coronavirus and Covid-19 - are appearing on blacklists across the industry.

This has meant that while national and regional newspaper publishers are gaining record numbers of digital readers seeking to keep up to date about the pandemic, publishers are struggling to make ad revenue from their interest."
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 4:52]

And here's an update.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/08/british-news-outlets-could-fail-du

At a time when newspapers are more important than ever, they're being driven out of business.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 07:08 - Apr 9 with 1712 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 00:46 - Apr 9 by Jack123

Sadly 100 per cent correct.

Even people on this very thread were ahead of Johnsons shambles of a govt.
The smug useless twaat.

Shocking.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 07:17 - Apr 9 with 1692 viewsdickythorpe

The problem in hindsight will be our apathy.
I'm talking about Britain now, no one else.
We were stalling about closing the schools, only because there's a core of people in this country that attacks teachers and their time off.

The supermarket bosses knew what was happening and did nothing for days to stop stock piling and panic buying.
There's also a core that voted in a prime minister on the back of his "personality".
He's ill as fúck at the moment but he was saying "you're only going to get mild symptoms, and I've been shaking hands with people that have coronavirus"

Can he be dismissed by his party for being stupid?

Also we are putting NHS staff at risk by defying orders to stay in, putting pressure on police by travelling miles.
They are stopping people and fining them now.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:42]
Corona Virus on 07:42 - Apr 9 with 1660 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 04:47 - Apr 9 by Glyn1

Very Racist.

I doubt if the local take away had anything to do with it, but I imagine a few of them have had a brick thrown through their window.

If I'm wrong, then please explain why you weren't being a racist when you said that. (Saying that "it was a joke / banter" doesn't do it.)

[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 5:05]

Incoming...........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 07:50 - Apr 9 with 1652 viewsdickythorpe

https://mobile.twitter.com/swp_roads/status/1247725931935997953

Needless pressure on vital services
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:51]
Corona Virus on 08:17 - Apr 9 with 1619 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 08:26 - Apr 9 with 1608 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 07:17 - Apr 9 by dickythorpe

The problem in hindsight will be our apathy.
I'm talking about Britain now, no one else.
We were stalling about closing the schools, only because there's a core of people in this country that attacks teachers and their time off.

The supermarket bosses knew what was happening and did nothing for days to stop stock piling and panic buying.
There's also a core that voted in a prime minister on the back of his "personality".
He's ill as fúck at the moment but he was saying "you're only going to get mild symptoms, and I've been shaking hands with people that have coronavirus"

Can he be dismissed by his party for being stupid?

Also we are putting NHS staff at risk by defying orders to stay in, putting pressure on police by travelling miles.
They are stopping people and fining them now.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:42]

I don't think it is just our apathy but also our stupidity.

Judging by the news I am watching and reading this morning it seems people are a little suprised that we aren't going back to normal and finishing the lockdown on Monday. Yesterday, for whatever reason, we recorded more deaths and the second most cases so far.

Stupid people panic buying toilet roll, stupid supermarkets letting them, stupid people voting for a "character", stupid people electing a "cult" as his opposition, stupid people going to the pub a couple of Fridays ago for one last p1ss up, stupid people thingking this is no worse than flu, stupid people ignoring social distancing today. The list goes on and is extensive.

The only way out of this is by sticking with this lockdown as it is for at least the next six weeks.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 8:29]
Corona Virus on 09:17 - Apr 9 with 1543 viewsCountyJim

Its sad really conversations in work start with have you had it yet 😕 if you see someone you haven't seen for a while
Corona Virus on 09:25 - Apr 9 with 1526 viewsDr_Winston

Kinda puts a dozen people watching the sunset at Bracelet Bay into perspective...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 09:43 - Apr 9 with 1488 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52227363

WTF is the matter with these people 🙄
Corona Virus on 10:39 - Apr 9 with 1434 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 08:26 - Apr 9 by Scotia

I don't think it is just our apathy but also our stupidity.

Judging by the news I am watching and reading this morning it seems people are a little suprised that we aren't going back to normal and finishing the lockdown on Monday. Yesterday, for whatever reason, we recorded more deaths and the second most cases so far.

Stupid people panic buying toilet roll, stupid supermarkets letting them, stupid people voting for a "character", stupid people electing a "cult" as his opposition, stupid people going to the pub a couple of Fridays ago for one last p1ss up, stupid people thingking this is no worse than flu, stupid people ignoring social distancing today. The list goes on and is extensive.

The only way out of this is by sticking with this lockdown as it is for at least the next six weeks.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 8:29]

You are spot on and the stupidity started right from the start.
Not taking notice of what was happening in China, South Korea & Singapore.
Believing the WHO.
Listening to so called experts who thought they new better than countries that had suffered epidemics.
Not using proper quarantine protocols and shutting our borders (still not shut).
Not introducing test, track, trace and test again, because we didn't use proper quarantine.
Not preparing enough ie PPE, building Nightingale hospitals before they were needed, based on what happened in China.
Putting COVID patients in General Hospitals with all the other patients needing care because there was nowhere else to put them.
Corona Virus on 11:32 - Apr 9 with 1381 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:39 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

You are spot on and the stupidity started right from the start.
Not taking notice of what was happening in China, South Korea & Singapore.
Believing the WHO.
Listening to so called experts who thought they new better than countries that had suffered epidemics.
Not using proper quarantine protocols and shutting our borders (still not shut).
Not introducing test, track, trace and test again, because we didn't use proper quarantine.
Not preparing enough ie PPE, building Nightingale hospitals before they were needed, based on what happened in China.
Putting COVID patients in General Hospitals with all the other patients needing care because there was nowhere else to put them.

Some of that was obviously stupid but the last 2, we didn't know how bad it was because China lied, this virus was already out in the world before we knew enough to take action. We had no choice where to put victims because there weren't options.
The PPE, the Nightingale hospitals, how could we have prepared them before we needed them when we didn't know we'd need them?
By the time it became obvious it was too late. We don't know how long this virus has been circulating and there is still so much we don't know about the virus itself.
Stopping inward flights from badly hit areas or checking and quarantining everybody on the planes, locking down sooner, they are all ideas that are excellent but we didn't do them and harping on about it hardly helps now.
People are stupid, the world over stupidity rules like a clown Prince because that's humans for you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 11:49 - Apr 9 with 1683 viewssherpajacob

Corona Virus on 11:32 - Apr 9 by Catullus

Some of that was obviously stupid but the last 2, we didn't know how bad it was because China lied, this virus was already out in the world before we knew enough to take action. We had no choice where to put victims because there weren't options.
The PPE, the Nightingale hospitals, how could we have prepared them before we needed them when we didn't know we'd need them?
By the time it became obvious it was too late. We don't know how long this virus has been circulating and there is still so much we don't know about the virus itself.
Stopping inward flights from badly hit areas or checking and quarantining everybody on the planes, locking down sooner, they are all ideas that are excellent but we didn't do them and harping on about it hardly helps now.
People are stupid, the world over stupidity rules like a clown Prince because that's humans for you.

"Stopping inward flights from badly hit areas or checking and quarantining everybody on the planes...... ….ideas that are excellent but we didn't do them and harping on about it hardly helps now. "

----------------------
We are not even doing it now!

A question for the home secretary perhaps?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024