Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45645 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 08:56 - Jan 17 with 2907 viewsconnell10

Didnt he do the same thing at blackpool?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BOS (again) on 09:17 - Jan 17 with 2810 viewsessextaxiboy

BOS (again) on 22:32 - Jan 16 by ChrisNW6

Getting the chance to play Champions league football and probably getting paid 5 x your pay. I'd say he's doing both.

We have known for over 6 months how this would play out. He's got no affinity with the club and hopefully he leaves this month as it's doing neither party any good.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 23:30]

They are not in the Champions League .They finished 7th last year .
BOS (again) on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 2763 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS (again) on 09:17 - Jan 17 by essextaxiboy

They are not in the Champions League .They finished 7th last year .

They’re second on goal difference and have a game in hand on third.
BOS (again) on 09:40 - Jan 17 with 2719 viewsjohnhoop

BOS (again) on 22:05 - Jan 16 by davman

More to the point, if he refused to join Bruges and no other bids came in, wtf could the club do?
I get criticism of the board on many issues, but this is inevitable after Bosman; the power is with the player. If he is going to take agent advice and run contracts down as that is the way to maximise choice of where to go and signing on fee and wage, what can be done to stop that happening.

Please provide an answer to this as I just don't get why people are confused about this...

Unless I am missing something, if players follow this “running down the contract to get a bigger payday” strategy with the frequency that they now seem to be doing, it is going to make our “buying low and selling high” method of improving our finances almost impossible to operate.
That’s two players, BOS and Manning, who we might reasonably have expected to get a total of maybe eight million for when they left, that we’ve now had to wave goodbye to for nothing, or very close to it.
BOS (again) on 10:02 - Jan 17 with 2649 viewsChrisNW6

BOS (again) on 09:40 - Jan 17 by johnhoop

Unless I am missing something, if players follow this “running down the contract to get a bigger payday” strategy with the frequency that they now seem to be doing, it is going to make our “buying low and selling high” method of improving our finances almost impossible to operate.
That’s two players, BOS and Manning, who we might reasonably have expected to get a total of maybe eight million for when they left, that we’ve now had to wave goodbye to for nothing, or very close to it.

Sadly for QPR this is the case. The blame sits with the current and previous owners. We totally broke our wage structure and it's coming back to bite. Both Manning and BOS were worth more than we could offer per week. They are both good young championship players with great potential but we can't compete in our own league let alone match European minnows with deep pockets.

This is going to continue to happen and we need to get used to it. We have a small window to spot the potential in young players and get them on long contracts. The recent Niko deal raised eyebrows and fans questioning the club. BOS should have been offered a 4yr deal at least 18-24 months ago.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 10:03]
BOS (again) on 10:09 - Jan 17 with 2602 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris,

I don't think our past misdemeanours are what's strangling us financially - it's FFP and the restrictions caused by our ground and our lack of non-matchday income.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS (again) on 10:17 - Jan 17 with 2558 viewsMyke

BOS (again) on 09:40 - Jan 17 by johnhoop

Well it's all about timing. Good players/players in form, will always be in demand by bigger clubs and if that player is still contracted to QPR (or anyone else) then they will pay the going rate. So if bids come in for Chair or Dieng now - real bids not speculative nonsense - they should be considered.
It is very difficult for clubs to operate the system, because fans have such a voice nowadays. There would be uproar on this site or Twitter etc if we sold either or both of these now. 'No ambition' 'Trying to relegate the club' 'Evil Les' etc. But if you really want to successfully implement a buy 'a buy low sell high' system, then this is how it must work.
Also, they need to be on long contracts, even - in fact, I would say, especially - if they only appear mediocre when these contracts are signed, in order to have selling power. But again, the fans are very quick to condemn that idea, Kakay and especially Niko, being a case in point. It is a really good idea to have players tied down to long-term, relatively low-paid contracts. If they do well, then either sell them (as per point one), or offer them an improved contract, which they will be eager to sign as they will be getting more money . If they fail to realise their potential, then sell them to a lower league club for small money , no harm done, and start again.
But once a player -whether he is Messi or Mr Bang Average - enters the last year of his contract, the power shifts from the the club to the player. So two years out, renegotiate or sell.
BOS (again) on 10:31 - Jan 17 with 2512 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 16:13 - Jan 16 by Esox_Lucius

From memory he was better down the left side in the U23's. Did it say if it was down to his defending?

Partly but also general poor play defensively on that side, others not moving across to cover.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1062299125?-11197:833
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 10:39 - Jan 17 with 2481 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 10:09 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Chris,

I don't think our past misdemeanours are what's strangling us financially - it's FFP and the restrictions caused by our ground and our lack of non-matchday income.

Spot on Brian. I think we have been a loss making club for a very long time. Our income is tiny and our outgoings are high, even without player costs. It's astonishing that we are still going and only thanks to contributions from current and some previous owners.

FFP and the fact that having been caught breaking the rules once, we are very cautious about staying within those rules as we could expect little mercy as second time offenders, is what is stopping us, our owners, from overstretching ourselves again with player costs.
BOS (again) on 10:57 - Jan 17 with 2409 viewsMedwayR

BOS (again) on 10:02 - Jan 17 by ChrisNW6

Sadly for QPR this is the case. The blame sits with the current and previous owners. We totally broke our wage structure and it's coming back to bite. Both Manning and BOS were worth more than we could offer per week. They are both good young championship players with great potential but we can't compete in our own league let alone match European minnows with deep pockets.

This is going to continue to happen and we need to get used to it. We have a small window to spot the potential in young players and get them on long contracts. The recent Niko deal raised eyebrows and fans questioning the club. BOS should have been offered a 4yr deal at least 18-24 months ago.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 10:03]

To an extent I think it relies on players buying into the concept too, Eze did whilst BOS and Manning didn't, the result is that the club is financially weaker and unable to provide opportunities to young players like we did to them. They could've signed with a clause to guarantee them a move further down the line, instead they've gone elsewhere and I doubt they or us will be any better for it.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 11:27 - Jan 17 with 2344 viewsChrisNW6

Chris,

Agreed Brian on FFP, but I think the size and stupidity of our misdemeanours is still a factor. I am really happy with the current running of our club and wage structure/strategy. We have to give it time.
BOS (again) on 11:51 - Jan 17 with 2261 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 10:17 - Jan 17 by Myke

Well it's all about timing. Good players/players in form, will always be in demand by bigger clubs and if that player is still contracted to QPR (or anyone else) then they will pay the going rate. So if bids come in for Chair or Dieng now - real bids not speculative nonsense - they should be considered.
It is very difficult for clubs to operate the system, because fans have such a voice nowadays. There would be uproar on this site or Twitter etc if we sold either or both of these now. 'No ambition' 'Trying to relegate the club' 'Evil Les' etc. But if you really want to successfully implement a buy 'a buy low sell high' system, then this is how it must work.
Also, they need to be on long contracts, even - in fact, I would say, especially - if they only appear mediocre when these contracts are signed, in order to have selling power. But again, the fans are very quick to condemn that idea, Kakay and especially Niko, being a case in point. It is a really good idea to have players tied down to long-term, relatively low-paid contracts. If they do well, then either sell them (as per point one), or offer them an improved contract, which they will be eager to sign as they will be getting more money . If they fail to realise their potential, then sell them to a lower league club for small money , no harm done, and start again.
But once a player -whether he is Messi or Mr Bang Average - enters the last year of his contract, the power shifts from the the club to the player. So two years out, renegotiate or sell.

All correct, but I'll repeat my earlier point that no one seems to be answering. Take Illias Chair as an example.

Say he is offered a 4 year deal on double wages today and says "no thanks". Then what?

Do you hawk him around now to get whatever you can, do you plan for life without him when his current deal runs out, do you keep trying to entice him to sign running the risk that he'll do a BOS?

The whole concept requires players who want to resign; you can't make them.

Bottom line is that the team needs to start making progress to encourage a generation of players to WANT to be here and to see that the path to increased wages is promotion with this team. I think that losing Eze hit Chair, Manning and BOS really hard. The majority of their fun was playing together and it just can't be the same for the two of those four still left here, soon to be one.

BOSman is yet another rule that kills smaller clubs.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS (again) on 12:21 - Jan 17 with 2197 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 11:51 - Jan 17 by davman

All correct, but I'll repeat my earlier point that no one seems to be answering. Take Illias Chair as an example.

Say he is offered a 4 year deal on double wages today and says "no thanks". Then what?

Do you hawk him around now to get whatever you can, do you plan for life without him when his current deal runs out, do you keep trying to entice him to sign running the risk that he'll do a BOS?

Bottom line is that the team needs to start making progress to encourage a generation of players to WANT to be here and to see that the path to increased wages is promotion with this team. I think that losing Eze hit Chair, Manning and BOS really hard. The majority of their fun was playing together and it just can't be the same for the two of those four still left here, soon to be one.

Yes agree with all that and I believe the club is taking it all into consideration too. The extra year's option on the club's side, is one method of allowing the negotiations to be left until the last year, knowing that the club but not the player can make this two years. Means the player may have to run down two years if he wants a BOSman and that his transfer value is increased by having the extra year available if he is sold.
BOS (again) on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 2158 viewsParkRoyalR

BOS (again) on 11:27 - Jan 17 by ChrisNW6

Agreed Brian on FFP, but I think the size and stupidity of our misdemeanours is still a factor. I am really happy with the current running of our club and wage structure/strategy. We have to give it time.

Agree,

I have increasing confidence in Warburton to get the first team squad and tactics right as he has shown in last half dozen games, and just as importantly

Ramsey and his team to continue to identify players like Dickie and develop younger players like Eze who a number of clubs passed up on even after as in some cases he played a number of games for their club (eg Millwall etc), so its not as if they did'nt spot his talent in a one-off game which can easily happen

I'm think Warburton / Ramsey / Ferdinand compliment each other in their roles at the club and I am confident going forward they will stop a repeat of whats happened with BOS and Manning.

It's difficult to do the right thing long-term when you are constantly fire-fighting, but if we can stay up this season I think we have a firmer base to move forward and progress over the coming seasons.
BOS (again) on 12:58 - Jan 17 with 2087 viewsNov77

BOS (again) on 12:34 - Jan 17 by ParkRoyalR

Agree,

I have increasing confidence in Warburton to get the first team squad and tactics right as he has shown in last half dozen games, and just as importantly

Ramsey and his team to continue to identify players like Dickie and develop younger players like Eze who a number of clubs passed up on even after as in some cases he played a number of games for their club (eg Millwall etc), so its not as if they did'nt spot his talent in a one-off game which can easily happen

I'm think Warburton / Ramsey / Ferdinand compliment each other in their roles at the club and I am confident going forward they will stop a repeat of whats happened with BOS and Manning.

It's difficult to do the right thing long-term when you are constantly fire-fighting, but if we can stay up this season I think we have a firmer base to move forward and progress over the coming seasons.

Wanna buy some magic beans?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

BOS (again) on 13:05 - Jan 17 with 2054 viewsslmrstid

I do wonder whether the Manning & BOS situations were amplified by the fact both spent quite a fair amount of time being bombed out of the team/around the U23s.

Manning was signed in the Redknapp era, never featured outside of the U18s/U23s in his time/Ramsey's time (although of course he was much younger then). I believe its relatively well known now that JFH was planning to get rid of him before Holloway came in and threw him in the team? He then got bombed out again by McLaren before coming back in under Eustace/Warburton.

Similar with BOS, signed by Holloway, spent a long time in the U23s before coming into the first team, but more or less bombed out by McLaren again other than the odd sub, before coming back in under Warburton.

So two players who have spent quite a few years at the club who have learned how quickly their fortunes can change depending on who the manager is. Both perhaps thinking "Well one manager change and I could be bombed out again..." so thinking their destiny lies elsewhere.

I do wonder of course what Manning makes of his current position at Swansea...

But I do wonder if the course the QPR careers took for both of these players have influenced the turn of events that have followed, more so than perhaps some of our other players who haven't experienced the same.

(Although perhaps people like Dieng could feel that way too, as they've spent a long time at the club before being drafted in...all conjecture though really...!)
BOS (again) on 13:54 - Jan 17 with 1891 viewsbosh67

I think the club statement indicates that they would prefer Fenerbahçe to buy up the rest of his contract and move on, although that wouldn't be more than a few hundred thousand I guess.

It will be up to Warburton and perhaps Ferdinand to sit down with BOS and ask him if he would be able to play in any kind of committed way for us until the end of the season.

If he says yes, and he may, then he could play a part in guiding us to safety which would be worth more to us than a transfer fee. If he's undecided best to see if Fenerbahçe would send a taxi and a cheque.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS (again) on 14:01 - Jan 17 with 1870 viewsPinnerPaul

BOS (again) on 17:31 - Jan 16 by Myke

Except it's not fantasy Pinner, simply about treating two players in an identical situatuion, with an identical stance, in an identical way. Warburton's 'we won't play anyone who is not committed to the club', sounds a bit hollow now.

I was really referring to your dream of Manning, Bright and Charlie all playing in the same team and all playing wonderfully well with each other.

For example I don't remember BOS providing one decent ball to Charlie v Luton.

I'm with Brian Mc and others on Manning - defensive shortcomings outweighed his attacking abilities for me & a bit fed up with hearing what a great team we would be if he was still with us.

As I've said before if he was that wonderful, would surely be starting ahead of Bidwell, who most people on here crucified most of the time!
BOS (again) on 14:33 - Jan 17 with 1789 viewsMyke

BOS (again) on 11:51 - Jan 17 by davman

I get you Davman, but that's why timing is critical. So say Chair has two years left to run, is playing very well and won't sign a new deal. You then make him available transfer immediately. You won't need to 'hawk him around' because if he is playing well, he will be in demand and you can negotiate the deal that is best for the club. But it must be done that far out, so that the player knows, if he is left in the reserves ( always found the term 'to rot'' nonsensical) , for two years, he will be forgotten about, won't be able to command the signing on fee or the move to the 'big' club that he will be angling for. But it takes a strong club with strong management and zero flak from fans to implement it. Warburton tried it (much too late) with Manning and BOS, you could argue that he 'succeeded' with Manning, but failed miserably with BOS and put him back in the side after one game. The reality is, once he turned down Bruges, he should have signed a long contract or never kicked another ball for us again
BOS (again) on 14:44 - Jan 17 with 1748 viewsrsonist

To bomb a player out is to exclude a senior player from the first team and effectively end his career at the club with time on contract remaining.

Despite what the pied piper says, this did not apply to Ryan Manning nor indeed anyone else at the club in recent years.

It especially does not apply to young players needing first team football for their development without an immediate place for them in the side at the time who had instead been found temporary loans at a high level.

Should we succeed in finding Conor Masterson a loan this window, it will have been understood by all but the smoothest brains not to have been a bombing out.
BOS (again) on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 1718 viewsessextaxiboy

BOS (again) on 09:29 - Jan 17 by Watford_Ranger

They’re second on goal difference and have a game in hand on third.

Exactly ...they are not in it
BOS (again) on 15:04 - Jan 17 with 1693 viewskernowhoop

Eze is leaving the company. We need to adjust quickly to life without him. Don't let him hang around as an uncommitted player - that will not help the team. He should go, with our best wishes, as soon as possible. It was fun while it lasted. We hope that Turkey is a delight, Bright.
BOS (again) on 15:54 - Jan 17 with 1592 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 14:33 - Jan 17 by Myke

I get you Davman, but that's why timing is critical. So say Chair has two years left to run, is playing very well and won't sign a new deal. You then make him available transfer immediately. You won't need to 'hawk him around' because if he is playing well, he will be in demand and you can negotiate the deal that is best for the club. But it must be done that far out, so that the player knows, if he is left in the reserves ( always found the term 'to rot'' nonsensical) , for two years, he will be forgotten about, won't be able to command the signing on fee or the move to the 'big' club that he will be angling for. But it takes a strong club with strong management and zero flak from fans to implement it. Warburton tried it (much too late) with Manning and BOS, you could argue that he 'succeeded' with Manning, but failed miserably with BOS and put him back in the side after one game. The reality is, once he turned down Bruges, he should have signed a long contract or never kicked another ball for us again

I get it, but players will unlikely refuse outright to sign, their agent will always ask for more.

To do what you suggest takes big balls as the club runs the risk of paying someone for doing nothing.

... and you can imagine social media if we just stopped playing them?

Really not quite as easy as some seem to think it is, is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS (again) on 17:21 - Jan 17 with 1408 viewsChrisNW6

BOS (again) on 14:56 - Jan 17 by essextaxiboy

Exactly ...they are not in it

Point taken.....but they have played CL football 15 out of last 20 seasons and are the best supported Turkish club. Will probably go top tomorrow night.
BOS (again) on 17:30 - Jan 17 with 1371 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Chris,

Which is why they need to sort out the ground sooner rather than later. Fernandes has been here a decade this year. Stay where we are and we will only continue to go backwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024