Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45729 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 20:42 - Jan 18 with 3287 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 15:38 - Jan 18 by qprd

i disagree with a lot of the points re blaming mclaren. if anything, i think mclaren made it easier for QPR to resign manning/bos

yes, mclaren was at fault for not playing BOS and loaning out manning (although bear in mind, ollie had basically frozen out manning for most of the second half of his last season... if you recall, he came on as a sub after not playing for about 2 months and was so overly keen he got sent off for a rash tackle within probably 5 mins of coming on)... but this relates to performance on the pitch

from a financial perspective, if anything, mclaren handed the club a gift when it came to contract negotiations.... the worst time to renegotiate a players contract for a club is when that player is coming off the back of multiple good performances... the club knows it has to pay more to retain the services of that player, and other clubs start swooping around trying to show interest in the player

QPR should have had enough internal information and scouting on both manning and bright to offer them contracts when they were least valued by other teams.... by not playing them, mclaren depreciated their values among other clubs, making it a lot easier for qpr to resign them and pay less.

QPR shouldnt have been trying to renegotiate brights contract after the birmingham city goal and the string of rly good performances that followed. they shouldve tried to sign him before... and if what clive is saying is right abt management highly rating him when he was out of the team, theres even less excuse
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 15:38]

Manning was loaned out to get some games as he wasn't playing.
He was loaned to another Championship side and after a bright start and a few successful penalties, he missed one and he started to be left out of the starting eleven. In total he played 13+5 games and scored 4 goals (not sure if all were pens), before being recalled in January as Luongo was away with Oz and Cameron had been crocked by Phillips.
Ryan has a great left foot but has always been inconsistent, hence why until he moved to left back he wasn't a regular starter.
BOS (again) on 20:58 - Jan 18 with 3199 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One lesson to be learned from this thread is the effect of constant managerial sackings. I would imagine this has played a significant part in BOS’s situation.
BOS (again) on 21:27 - Jan 18 with 3070 viewsqprd

BOS (again) on 20:58 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

One lesson to be learned from this thread is the effect of constant managerial sackings. I would imagine this has played a significant part in BOS’s situation.

im not sure, i think the managerial merry go round/sackings are just an unfortunate part of the game that players most likely are used to

and if he wants managerial stability, fenerbache may not be the place- theyre on their 7th manager since 2017 apparently
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 21:29]
BOS (again) on 21:31 - Jan 18 with 3047 viewsbosh67

BOS (again) on 20:58 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Or it could be that he's been here for over 3 years and he can earn a lot more money elsewhere at 23.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS (again) on 21:44 - Jan 18 with 2984 viewsrsonist

After ten pages arguing the finer points to no resolution I think we can at the very least acknowledge that where the club may have fcked up it has been nowhere near as tidy and damning a story as is perpetually made out.
BOS (again) on 22:52 - Jan 18 with 2844 viewsdaveB

Looks like he wont be playing for us again

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/osayi-samuel-will-not-be-selected-by-qpr?utm
BOS (again) on 23:43 - Jan 18 with 2744 viewstimcocking

A poor move for Bright. I'm guessing his agent is a c**t who's done him no favours there. Poor all around.

Right, move on. Leave him out now, let's get on with it.
BOS (again) on 03:42 - Jan 19 with 2645 viewsjoolsyp

It would be nice if we can negotiate a fee of around 1 million for him with Fenerbahce to leave this month - I wonder whether we owe Blackpool a percentage?

Some great debates on this thread. I don't think either the club or BoS are completely to blame but neither are blameless. We learn and we move on and continue to look for the next Eze, Chair, Dieng, BoS. He left me with some great memories - his pace, strength, power - perhaps he'll develop his end product (crossing and finishing) elsewhere. I thought his attitude at times was questionable, didn't like the way he stopped celebrating with team-mates pre-covid for example. Honestly I can't see him ever making it to the Prem although I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Rangers or Celtic within a couple of years. I wish him well.
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 08:50 - Jan 19 with 2376 viewsDejR_vu

BOS (again) on 03:42 - Jan 19 by joolsyp

It would be nice if we can negotiate a fee of around 1 million for him with Fenerbahce to leave this month - I wonder whether we owe Blackpool a percentage?

Some great debates on this thread. I don't think either the club or BoS are completely to blame but neither are blameless. We learn and we move on and continue to look for the next Eze, Chair, Dieng, BoS. He left me with some great memories - his pace, strength, power - perhaps he'll develop his end product (crossing and finishing) elsewhere. I thought his attitude at times was questionable, didn't like the way he stopped celebrating with team-mates pre-covid for example. Honestly I can't see him ever making it to the Prem although I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Rangers or Celtic within a couple of years. I wish him well.

Looks from the outside like a devious player/agent taking advantage of a club either not sharp enough to realise or not cute/strong enough to deal with it.

Having negotiated a nice chunky contract, raising the bar on future salary negotiations, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him agitate for a move once the cheque has cleared.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

BOS (again) on 09:41 - Jan 19 with 2280 viewstkqpr

If Fenerbache are also signing Ozil who hasnt played for what, a year?? then i doubt they are interested in signing Bright for £1m more now than wait til the summer.
Obviously im not comparing apples with apples.

Who knows whats happening in their squad, they seem to be doing ok in the league, they may want him to add to the squad for this seasons push, but it just seems like its a good young player they can get on the cheap that they will probably sell back to an English team in 12/18 months time when he hasnt settled.
BOS (again) on 10:09 - Jan 19 with 2178 viewsBlue_Castello

BOS (again) on 09:41 - Jan 19 by tkqpr

If Fenerbache are also signing Ozil who hasnt played for what, a year?? then i doubt they are interested in signing Bright for £1m more now than wait til the summer.
Obviously im not comparing apples with apples.

Who knows whats happening in their squad, they seem to be doing ok in the league, they may want him to add to the squad for this seasons push, but it just seems like its a good young player they can get on the cheap that they will probably sell back to an English team in 12/18 months time when he hasnt settled.

Mmm sell back to an English club in 12/18 months time, now if I was being cynical I could be thinking that's what his agent has been planning all along, more fees and another sack of cash in the bank. I suppose the argument from the agents point of view is he is achieving the most money possible for his client in as short a space of time as possible, can't help thinking football becomes secondary where agents are concerned.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 10:10]
BOS (again) on 10:15 - Jan 19 with 2162 viewssimmo

Not gone through this whole thread but just to say, this is clearly a failing of the club and the board to lose 2 young players, with big upside in their abilities and values and after years of investment and development, for fck all.

These are the kind of assets that should supersede current management and be taken care of well in time. Our current interpretation of the DoF system is broken and has been for years - all the reasons why you have this set up in place - consistency with coaches, players, playing style, development, etc - we completely ignore. We should either do it properly or not at all.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BOS (again) on 10:25 - Jan 19 with 2124 viewsted_hendrix

If I was a football agent I'd be looking to get the best for my client not the club, It's all very well posting on here that football agents are Chunts/this that or the other that's bloody nonsense.
Football agents are here to stay, they are nothing new and football clubs have to deal with them just like any other industry.

Plan ahead, that's my motto plan ahead.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BOS (again) on 10:35 - Jan 19 with 2077 viewsMedwayR

BOS (again) on 10:25 - Jan 19 by ted_hendrix

If I was a football agent I'd be looking to get the best for my client not the club, It's all very well posting on here that football agents are Chunts/this that or the other that's bloody nonsense.
Football agents are here to stay, they are nothing new and football clubs have to deal with them just like any other industry.

Plan ahead, that's my motto plan ahead.

I guess the question is how you define the best for their client. I'd say that player development should be the priority with financial rewards being a by-product of that. Others would say financial rewards come first.

I think if we use BOS as an example, he's going to go to Fenerbahce and earn £30k/week for 4 years. However, if his development bombs (in my opinion likely) and he's looking for a new club in a year or 2, he won't be in a strong position to negotiate a good deal. If however, say he'd gone to Club Brugge and shone (again, in my opinion likely or at least more likely), he'd be in a strong position to get an even bigger contract in a couple of years time and overall be in a much better financial position.

Players don't generally make many moves in their career which is why it's fundamental to their careers to get them right. I'm not sure this move is good for anyone except BOS's agent.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 1987 viewsbosh67

I would imagine the fact that BOS is not in tomorrow's squad indicates he will be on a flight to Turkey by the weekend one way or another.

I don't really agree with the freeze players out over commitment issues as they are paid professionals and I think BOS has actually played quite well in the last few games. With the decision made it may have been a better idea to see if he then plays out the season in the right manner rather than automatically assume he won't. He may well have played better with his future sorted. Who knows?

On the other hand if we can get him to Turkey and make something to put into the coffers before the end of the transfer window to bring another player in then so be it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS (again) on 11:39 - Jan 19 with 1887 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 10:15 - Jan 19 by simmo

Not gone through this whole thread but just to say, this is clearly a failing of the club and the board to lose 2 young players, with big upside in their abilities and values and after years of investment and development, for fck all.

These are the kind of assets that should supersede current management and be taken care of well in time. Our current interpretation of the DoF system is broken and has been for years - all the reasons why you have this set up in place - consistency with coaches, players, playing style, development, etc - we completely ignore. We should either do it properly or not at all.

I'm going to do something I rarely do and disagree with Clive.

I think that the managers have been the problem. We chose JFH, wanting to continue with the expansive football we had been attempting to play but knowing that he had a defensive mentality at Burton. We appointed Ollie knowing he could be a loose cannon at times. We appointed McClaren knowing he had a great belief in his own ability, mostly a poor man managerial record but good coaching one and a probably big name mentality. All of these appointments were true to their history and were therefore mistakes, probably by the board. This is where the failing has been, managerial appointments. This time we seem to have allowed Les and Lee to recruit the manager and we have, hopefully, a longer term appointment who is doing what he said he would and what the club agreed for him to do. The fallout from Manning and BOS is because of these previous failings.

As for BOS, if Fenerbache want to take him now, then we must try to achieve a fee, at least, commensurate with what the compensation would be for us and Blackpool and the best sell on percentage clause we can.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 11:40]
BOS (again) on 11:40 - Jan 19 with 1880 viewsDejR_vu

It will be interesting to see what the club does. Even our owners must think it's a shambles; hovering above the trapdoor to League 1, with a half-cooked squad, seeing young players, brought in for development and profit, walking away for buttons.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

BOS (again) on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 1837 viewssimmo

BOS (again) on 11:39 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

I'm going to do something I rarely do and disagree with Clive.

I think that the managers have been the problem. We chose JFH, wanting to continue with the expansive football we had been attempting to play but knowing that he had a defensive mentality at Burton. We appointed Ollie knowing he could be a loose cannon at times. We appointed McClaren knowing he had a great belief in his own ability, mostly a poor man managerial record but good coaching one and a probably big name mentality. All of these appointments were true to their history and were therefore mistakes, probably by the board. This is where the failing has been, managerial appointments. This time we seem to have allowed Les and Lee to recruit the manager and we have, hopefully, a longer term appointment who is doing what he said he would and what the club agreed for him to do. The fallout from Manning and BOS is because of these previous failings.

As for BOS, if Fenerbache want to take him now, then we must try to achieve a fee, at least, commensurate with what the compensation would be for us and Blackpool and the best sell on percentage clause we can.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 11:40]

Poor managers shouldn't have as big an effect on a club if the DoF system is in place, a coach may be more or less successful, but they're supposed to all be of the same type - overseeing a pre-agreed system, style and recruitment policy.

The fact we've had wildly different managers, transfer policies and playing styles under each of our last 4 or 5 appointments shows that the DoF system is being ignored and instead, we have a mess where nobody has to take responsibility for failures.

If McClaren ruined our plans for a year, that's the fault of the Director for allowing it. If we're now at a point where the young players we're developing (and our most prized asset) walks out the door for a fraction of their worth, that again is the fault of the Director. It shows a lack of long term planning - same as our inability to sign a much needed CM when we're 3 weeks into a transfr window after months of knowing we'll need one.

BOS (again) on 12:26 - Jan 19 with 1772 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Very disappointing all round.

Samuel could have (should have?) signed a contract extension to all the club that brought him on and developed him - which he knows is skint - to get in some much-needed revenue. He could see that QPR didn't obstruct Eze's move to Palace.

He's a young lad and perhaps he was swayed by a greedy agent in the background... money, money, money. But Samuel doesn't have the class of Eze on the pitch - or off it.

I also think his pursuit of a bigger pay-cheque may well come back an bite him on the arse. He's only just turned 23 and will be uprooting from family and friends to live in a troubled country where he won't speak the language and will almost certainly need a constant security presence. It's going to be a totally different lifestyle for such a young lad, however safe the club may make it.

With a virtual dictator in power who plays the USA, Europe and Russia off against each other, very serious Kurdish, Syrian and internal violence always a threat, it's no environment for such a young lad to commit four important developmental (in a personal way) years of his life to.

Maybe he's more mature than I suspect, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the UK long before those four years are up.
BOS (again) on 12:44 - Jan 19 with 1699 viewsdanehoop

I'll put an alternative view, just for the sake of it.

A chance to play in a top European league (it is in many respects) with a passionate fan base, lots of very good technical players and facilities, very good coaches and likely to be seen more frequently by scouts from top tier European teams, especially if the team qualifies for Champions League competition each year (which certainly is more likely than not in the Turkish league),

Equally, may well shine in that league because of his speed and skill, so the opportunity to name for himself playing for one of the largest clubs in the country. Money will be good, he will certainly be looked after and Istanbul is a very nice and cosmopolitan place comparatively. Excellent air links in normal times all over the world and climate is quite nice as well.

Not saying its right, but you can see the attraction is not going to be entirely monetary. Its a definite progression, it offers new tests and allows a better platform to him for future opportunities.

Never knowingly understood

BOS (again) on 12:49 - Jan 19 with 1680 viewsR_from_afar

I think this whole thing has backfired for BOS. I can't believe he really wants to go to Turkey at a time when a pandemic is making travel and distance such huge issues.

I reckon if he still had the option to go to Belgium now, he'd choose it over Turkey. I think he and/or his agent rejected the offer from Belgium in the hope that a decent offer would come in from a UK club, but, as far as I can recall, it never has, leaving the offer from Turkey as the only one promising significantly better money.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

BOS (again) on 12:50 - Jan 19 with 1676 viewsMaggsinho

BOS (again) on 12:44 - Jan 19 by danehoop

I'll put an alternative view, just for the sake of it.

A chance to play in a top European league (it is in many respects) with a passionate fan base, lots of very good technical players and facilities, very good coaches and likely to be seen more frequently by scouts from top tier European teams, especially if the team qualifies for Champions League competition each year (which certainly is more likely than not in the Turkish league),

Equally, may well shine in that league because of his speed and skill, so the opportunity to name for himself playing for one of the largest clubs in the country. Money will be good, he will certainly be looked after and Istanbul is a very nice and cosmopolitan place comparatively. Excellent air links in normal times all over the world and climate is quite nice as well.

Not saying its right, but you can see the attraction is not going to be entirely monetary. Its a definite progression, it offers new tests and allows a better platform to him for future opportunities.

I agree, as irritating as the manner of his departure is I'm impressed he's chosen Turkey over the safer options of eg Bournemouth. Whatever happens he can only develop as a player and as a person there.
BOS (again) on 13:44 - Jan 19 with 1513 viewsPinnerPaul

We bought them both - Manning here for 5 years, BOS 3 - not like we've had them since they were 12 or some such!
BOS (again) on 14:22 - Jan 19 with 1397 viewssimmo

BOS (again) on 13:44 - Jan 19 by PinnerPaul

We bought them both - Manning here for 5 years, BOS 3 - not like we've had them since they were 12 or some such!

What's your point? Both were bought as development players and added specifically to our youth team/dev squads (as most 19 year olds are) and were then invested in with coaching and games to become established first team players. What does it matter that it was 5 and 3 years respectively?

BOS (again) on 14:23 - Jan 19 with 1383 viewsNorthernr

BOS (again) on 12:50 - Jan 19 by Maggsinho

I agree, as irritating as the manner of his departure is I'm impressed he's chosen Turkey over the safer options of eg Bournemouth. Whatever happens he can only develop as a player and as a person there.

Nottingham Forest loan incoming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024