Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi not going on US tour 10:15 - Jul 13 with 32336 viewspencoedjack

Should make a few posters happy
Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:36 - Jul 13 with 3265 viewsHeadmaster

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:27 - Jul 13 by jazzswan

£40 Million Turned down from Everton! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40590000

Don't know if it's already been posted but...

Apparently someone is telling porkies.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:37 - Jul 13 with 3256 viewsGlyn1

Gylfi not going on US tour on 13:59 - Jul 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No, I was angry with the guaranteed payments. Receiving only £9m upfront left us in a terrible position. No striker and little money to replace him. Of course the conditional payments were laughable too. £300,000 each time they won a trophy until 2019.

We should be looking to receive most of this Gylfi money upfront so we can replace him straight away, not relying on loans from directors or colossal overdraft agreements with banks.

"We should be looking to receive most of this Gylfi money upfront so we can replace him straight away, not relying on loans from directors or colossal overdraft agreements with banks."

The interest rate won't be colossal - it would be about 2% for large commercial firms (as compared to 6% on student loans). So the club will be able to use all of the £40m in the transfer market immediately if that is what they wanted to do.

UPDATE: I see that Uxbridge already made this point, but said it better, at 14:04.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 14:39]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:38 - Jul 13 with 3252 viewsMrSwerve

TheRes right now:

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:52 - Jul 13 with 3174 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:38 - Jul 13 by MrSwerve

TheRes right now:

I love it when a plan comes together.

This is the best thing to happen to us for quite some time.

You will all see the massive benefits in both Siggy and Fernando leaving in this window.

Also, reading the threads on this subject it's crazy how naive and little people understand of the professional game and its inner workings.

Some are looking like complete idiots right now unfortunately.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:56 - Jul 13 with 3142 viewsandypitt56

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:52 - Jul 13 by TheResurrection

You will all see the massive benefits in both Siggy and Fernando leaving in this window.

Also, reading the threads on this subject it's crazy how naive and little people understand of the professional game and its inner workings.

And you're not....thought you wanted to sell him for 32 mil? Only 20+million out.
Every one on here has agreed that it is a great deal at 40mil plus .
Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:09 - Jul 13 with 3064 viewsPozuelosSideys

Come on now, you know we only get to see that f the replacements are round pegs in round holes. If our recruitment is poor, then we are relegated and your plan looks silly.

We are very reliant on people at the club whose recruitment policy has been up and down at best, as well as others who will want dividends and a skim off the top of these transfers out

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:12 - Jul 13 with 3048 viewsmax936

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:19 - Jul 13 by Darran

Well said Max.

We also need to tell straight that no bid will be accepted untill he puts in a transfer request that forfeits his bonuses.

Never mind perhaps he'll score a screamer of a free kick for them at the Liberty next season so all the loved up wánkers that follow us can give him a clap.

At 40 or better still 50 mil he can go its a great bit of business and best of luck to him, but to behave like it appears does us or him no favours.
Clubs are just gonna hold out until we get pissed off with his tantrums and let him go for what they want to pay for him, no doubt his agent is behind this, its his Brother isn't it?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 17:23]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:26 - Jul 13 with 2976 viewsWarwickHunt

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:36 - Jul 13 by WarwickHunt

Because we still have some rank fûcking amateurs stealing a living at our club.

A £100m business? Fûck my eyes.

The predictable downarrow from dailew.

Still got your tongue firmly lodged in Jenkins' dirtbox then, Dai...
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:28 - Jul 13 with 2963 viewsmahoss

Nobody is saying we shouldn't sell,just for the right price,not £30million !,it was obvious he was going to go.........
Man City have just agreed a fee of £50 million for Kyle Walker,a defender.
The club should still hold out for £50 million in my opinion.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:28 - Jul 13 with 2948 viewsGB11

I didn't see much of him last year for obvious reasons but why are your fans saying he cannot be replaced?.

40-50 million is a huge amount of money.

You could get two quality players at 25m a piece.

It isn't make or break is it?.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 15:29]
Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:39 - Jul 13 with 2865 viewsunion_jack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:28 - Jul 13 by GB11

I didn't see much of him last year for obvious reasons but why are your fans saying he cannot be replaced?.

40-50 million is a huge amount of money.

You could get two quality players at 25m a piece.

It isn't make or break is it?.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 15:29]

Two players - two wages therefore we can't spend that much.

Two cheaper players would allow us to buy them and pay them and have some left in the bank.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 16:06 - Jul 13 with 2728 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi not going on US tour on 15:39 - Jul 13 by union_jack

Two players - two wages therefore we can't spend that much.

Two cheaper players would allow us to buy them and pay them and have some left in the bank.

Sorry mate but come on....

Do you have any idea what that idiot was on??

Close to £100k a week!!! Chuck in (or out) Gomis's wages of similarly ridiculously high levels and we are swimming in it at the moment.

Money will not be a problem. Careful recruitment will and to reply to Pozeulo's comment above.... Yes, we haven't bought anyone yet, but we did in January and to the tune of £20m net, and the type of players bought then should have given us all confidence we'll look for quality players again.

Trust me, I'm always right ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Gylfi not going on US tour on 16:09 - Jul 13 with 2710 viewsdobjack2

As long as he goes for the best possible transfer fee and we use the fee wisely to get quality players in I can live with it. No player is bigger than the club.

I think the worry is that our director of football will not replace quality with quality. Hopefully others that know more about the game will be involved in identifying new signings - as in mesa.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 16:09 - Jul 13 with 2711 viewscrtz

Gylfi not going on US tour on 16:06 - Jul 13 by TheResurrection

Sorry mate but come on....

Do you have any idea what that idiot was on??

Close to £100k a week!!! Chuck in (or out) Gomis's wages of similarly ridiculously high levels and we are swimming in it at the moment.

Money will not be a problem. Careful recruitment will and to reply to Pozeulo's comment above.... Yes, we haven't bought anyone yet, but we did in January and to the tune of £20m net, and the type of players bought then should have given us all confidence we'll look for quality players again.

Trust me, I'm always right ;-)

;-)
Gylfi not going on US tour on 16:26 - Jul 13 with 2610 viewsymaohyd

You're a complete wan ker fair play

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 17:37 - Jul 13 with 2447 viewslancasterswan

Amongst all the froth today, this is quite a good article...

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/football/gylfi-sigurdsson-swansea-sell-40m-

To Swansea Gylfi is priceless, to Everton there is a limit to what they will pay for his potential, but over the odds is no longer unusual.

It strikes me £32 , £40, or even £50 million is not actually that amount of real money at all. In the rarefied world of the transfer market and player wages it's really poker chips that are never completely cashed in, just recirculated. At one end the chips filter in through TV money or sugar daddies and at the other they dribble out in night clubs, posh clothes shops, car showrooms and bookmakers. Not much is salted away for a rainy day ever. The big six or seven may as well drift off to a European Superleague because they will always have more chips than everyone else and hyperinflate everything.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 17:38 - Jul 13 with 2443 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:41 - Jul 13 by Legend83

Wish I could be paid £50k a week and basically tell my boss I can't be arsed to go to work today.

He's on 75k a week mate

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi not going on US tour on 17:44 - Jul 13 with 2415 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

What is ludicrous is your amnesia about how things looked before Hull lost to Sunderland.

Maybe he's not that effective after all then in that case. Don't forget the terrible run of games before our survival splurge. Someone just said there's nobody else that can take our corners and free kicks. Gylfi takes a great free kick but his corners rarely beat the man on the front post.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi not going on US tour on 17:51 - Jul 13 with 2390 viewsbuilthjack

Make him put a transfer request in, and hold on for at least £45m. If we don't get it by the end of the week, stick him on a plane to America and make him play the friendlies.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 18:09 - Jul 13 with 2307 viewsTom1912

Gylfi not going on US tour on 13:59 - Jul 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No, I was angry with the guaranteed payments. Receiving only £9m upfront left us in a terrible position. No striker and little money to replace him. Of course the conditional payments were laughable too. £300,000 each time they won a trophy until 2019.

We should be looking to receive most of this Gylfi money upfront so we can replace him straight away, not relying on loans from directors or colossal overdraft agreements with banks.

That's not how football works. The majority of big money deals are in payments. When we sign players we do this too.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 18:11 - Jul 13 with 2298 viewsSwans_16

Gylfi not going on US tour on 18:09 - Jul 13 by Tom1912

That's not how football works. The majority of big money deals are in payments. When we sign players we do this too.

Well Sky Sports were reporting earlier that they believed that £40 million plus add-ons to make it upto £50 million would suffice from a SCFC perspective.

So £40 million hard cash in a lump sum is heading our way (at least).
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 18:12]
Gylfi not going on US tour on 18:58 - Jul 13 with 2204 viewsHugeEnkins

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 by oldcob

Who ever we bring in to replace Siggy had better be able to strike a dead ball. At the moment we have no-one capable of taking a decent corner or free kick. As a mid-fielder he can be replaced without too much of a struggle.

What about Mawson? He's meant to have a wicked strike on him..
Gylfi not going on US tour on 19:01 - Jul 13 with 2186 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi not going on US tour on 18:11 - Jul 13 by Swans_16

Well Sky Sports were reporting earlier that they believed that £40 million plus add-ons to make it upto £50 million would suffice from a SCFC perspective.

So £40 million hard cash in a lump sum is heading our way (at least).
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 18:12]

No.

Please understand.

That's not how football transfers (in general) work.

Forget this up front nonsense - it's completely irrelevant - the money will always come in in stages and be guaranteed. That's our security to negotiate with our potential incoming transfers,

Cheers.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 19:01 - Jul 13 with 2186 viewsJBT95

Would anybody take £40M + Barkley ?
Gylfi not going on US tour on 19:03 - Jul 13 with 2167 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi not going on US tour on 19:01 - Jul 13 by JBT95

Would anybody take £40M + Barkley ?

Yes if Clement wanted him and Barkley was motivated to come here. But it's not going to happen. Everton rate him at £50m don't they?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024