Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread 22:24 - Dec 2 with 40502 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 11:03]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:26 - Dec 8 with 2599 viewsunion_jack

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:20 - Dec 8 by TimTtam

I didn't factor in Peterson going off. I thought Dyer brought a lot of effort, something that was missing with the other players. Peterson looked ok and tried, but didn't have any finishing touch whatsoever.

I could bring effort to the side and I’m on the wrong end of the Highway approaching 60.

Dyer isn’t what we need now. A true servant of this club without a doubt but he’s past his best by a long way.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:27 - Dec 8 with 2593 viewsOzzie

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:21 - Dec 8 by londonlisa2001

We’ve been very lucky a few times though if we’re honest.

Today has been coming for quite some time.

I agree that Celina’s absence was baffling. He’s one of the few bright sparks we have. Inconsistent, but consistency is overrated when Byers and Grimes at present are consistently woeful.

lol I totally agree.

In the past I’ve been chopped down on here for being justifiably pessimistic so I was trying to be a little more optimistic.

In cut throat truth I think when we’ve been at the top or near to top of the table and I’ve heard so many times ’the table doesn’t lie’.. well in our case it bloody did and does!

Our performances have been absolutely dreadful for a while. Barring Cardiff game we’ve shown so much ineptitude and lack of fight and desire it’s hard to see us not in a relegation fight.

I think the penny dropped for most at the Brentford game if not before. Worst thing is we’re not even in a high quality, competitive championship this year.. a lot of the teams are bang average!
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:27 - Dec 8 with 2588 viewsWhiterockin

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:21 - Dec 8 by londonlisa2001

I agree that Celina’s absence was baffling. He’s one of the few bright sparks we have. Inconsistent, but consistency is overrated when Byers and Grimes at present are consistently woeful.

I agree that Celina’s absence was baffling.

Brighton in January????
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:32 - Dec 8 with 2512 viewsbennytheblue

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:13 - Dec 8 by bonymine

Or a certain Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, The Clog etc etc these are the culpable ones ....Sellout Scumbags the lot of them THIS shitfest is their legacy NOT the PL years ....

Greed, Greed and yet more Greed ....how much is enough you absolute Kunts ?????
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 14:15]

Time for a march?
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:33 - Dec 8 with 2515 viewsdobjack2

Celina is inconsistent so to balance that we need consistency behind him.

A decent and consistent box to box midfielder alongside Grimes and Celina could transform our midfield and with it the rest of the team.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:36 - Dec 8 with 2485 viewsjojaca

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:27 - Dec 8 by Whiterockin

I agree that Celina’s absence was baffling.

Brighton in January????

More chance of Barnsley in January. Celina is not PL quality. Roden is about our last saleable asset who might make the PL grade.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 2447 viewstheloneranger

WBA showed us how we used to play. Pass and move forward, not sideways and back!!

They also showed us how far backwards we've gone in player talent and playing style.

Sad but true.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 2441 viewsbonymine

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:32 - Dec 8 by bennytheblue

Time for a march?

Phuk off Pr1k

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:46 - Dec 8 with 2372 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:32 - Dec 8 by bennytheblue

Time for a march?

Next march you'll witness is legoland emptying en mass 15 mins from the end of the Jan derby.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:48 - Dec 8 with 2354 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:27 - Dec 8 by Ozzie

lol I totally agree.

In the past I’ve been chopped down on here for being justifiably pessimistic so I was trying to be a little more optimistic.

In cut throat truth I think when we’ve been at the top or near to top of the table and I’ve heard so many times ’the table doesn’t lie’.. well in our case it bloody did and does!

Our performances have been absolutely dreadful for a while. Barring Cardiff game we’ve shown so much ineptitude and lack of fight and desire it’s hard to see us not in a relegation fight.

I think the penny dropped for most at the Brentford game if not before. Worst thing is we’re not even in a high quality, competitive championship this year.. a lot of the teams are bang average!

Totally agree, as Gran would say on the Cathrine Tate show "what a load a fecking shite"

In the 1st half alone we gave the ball away when under no pressure at least 20 times and the most guilty plater was Peirterson. This continued until the end of the game.

The bench was a joke too.(Where the feck was Celina)

As has been said many times, far too many lightweights to make an impact, Dyer, Mckay, Kalulu, what do we expect from them, all physically and most of all mentally weak as kittens.?

I think this result is what most of us feared coming, away from home.
Mid table now and the Scum above us too.

We need a big reaction on wednesday otherwise as you say it's going to be really tough and a relation fight is the last thing we need as we just haven't got the fight for that scenario.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:26 - Dec 8 with 2108 viewsbennytheblue

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:46 - Dec 8 by sainthelens

Next march you'll witness is legoland emptying en mass 15 mins from the end of the Jan derby.

I love your predictions saint....I’m off to the bookies now. You’ve paid for a good few holidays, keep em coming🙏
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:29 - Dec 8 with 2102 viewsBarryTownSwam

Has a good offer come in for Celina ?? May explain his glaring omission
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:35 - Dec 8 with 2045 viewsYossarian

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:14 - Dec 8 by TimTtam

A very poor effort from defense right through to attack. West Brom won every 1 on 1. They waltzed through our midfield and defense with ease. I wasn't so disappointed with individual players, but the structure when defending West Brom's counter attacks was woeful. We made West Brom look like Man City.

We're 10th now. This is the point where if we drop any further, the Cooper Out talk will be warranted. Dyer was a good sub and he tried, but why wasn't there a double change? We had to score, and quickly. Kalulu or McKay had to come on alongside Dyer. What was the point giving Kalulu 10 minutes of game time when we were 4 goals down?

The game plan is wrong. Cooper says his game plan is about passing passing and passing, and getting the ball back as soon as possible. VDH seems oblivious, and loves hoofing it downfield. The other players seem to try and pass, but it's sideways and backwards. And then to get the ball back, we have possibly the worst press in the division.

Right up until Jan 25th, we have an easier fixture list. It will determine Cooper's future at the club. We should be looking to win 5 of our next 10 games and only lose 3. If we fall short of that, then Cooper has to go.

By then it will be too late.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:39 - Dec 8 with 2020 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:26 - Dec 8 by bennytheblue

I love your predictions saint....I’m off to the bookies now. You’ve paid for a good few holidays, keep em coming🙏

You still walk to the bookies? Internet not reached the Capital then ?
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:48 - Dec 8 with 1984 viewsBadlands

Team for Wednesday
............ Nordfeldt
Naughton Hoorn Cabango Grimes
............. Wilmot
......Carroll ..... Celina
Kalulu .....................Routlege
...............Borja.

Woodman needs a rest - poor for a few games and lost it today IMO.
Maybe he's under instruction but Roberts ignores the wide attacker and allows too many easy crosses.
Ayew needs a rest and we need wide men playing wide and a centre forward with presence.
Cabango is more reliable at CB but Wlmot would have more freedom and more impact in front of the back 4.
Doesn't matter who we put in midfield but at least Carroll has some experience.
Celina and Rutledge offer creativity and Routs gives added experience and works in mid-field.
Kaululu and Rutledge will play on the touchline and free up attacking space.
I'd like to see Curtis brought back and take a leading position in the dugout but Thant won't happen.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:13 - Dec 8 with 1866 viewssioni

Think most of the criticism on this thread is justified. As for how the team is playing, I can’t help thinking that they remind me of a horse who has worked effectively with one riding style only to be expected to react appropriately to a new style which is haphazardly and inconsistently imposed. The horse ends up confused and resistant. Not an exact analogy perhaps, just an impression.

However, at the end of this game I swore I would not get up again to watch a 4am game. Needless to say that’s another oath I am unlikely to fulfill.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:20 - Dec 8 with 1835 views1964white

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:13 - Dec 8 by monmouth

Sorry mate, we can’t seem to do ourselves any favours never mind anyone else.

But hope springs eternal, the bastard.

Not good Monmouth.

We've often suffered results like today over the last 15 years, as a fan I feel for you mate.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 8 with 1538 viewsSTID2017

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:27 - Dec 8 by Ozzie

lol I totally agree.

TBH the result flattered an ordinary looking WBA side.
However we were woeful at times

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:37 - Dec 8 with 1529 viewsjojaca

If I were manager, I would try 5-3-2 formation with wing backs to try and help midfield in the next game.

Woodman

Roberts Naughton Wilmott VDH John

Carroll Celina Grimes

Surridge Ayew

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 8 with 1433 viewsploppy

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:40 - Dec 8 by theloneranger

WBA showed us how we used to play. Pass and move forward, not sideways and back!!

They also showed us how far backwards we've gone in player talent and playing style.

Sad but true.

In fairness, there was plenty of sideways and back under Rodgers but it meant we kept the ball. Remember the days when we used to have the lion's share of possession? The problem with our backwards these days is that often it ends up being lumped upfield as a result.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:12 - Dec 8 with 1393 viewsSwansea93

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:37 - Dec 8 by jojaca

If I were manager, I would try 5-3-2 formation with wing backs to try and help midfield in the next game.

Woodman

Carroll Celina Grimes

Surridge Ayew

John needs a go, he will add pace and he actually trys and get the ball upfield

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:45 - Dec 8 with 1268 viewsperplex

Have to laugh at the delusional optimists on here has it sunk in what`s happening yet, i have always told you it will be 2 or three years until we will be looking over our shoulder at relegation or a first division club with this lot in charge.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:46 - Dec 8 with 1266 viewsTNT

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:36 - Dec 8 by CopaMundial

Sack this clown and let’s get somebody in that knows his way around this division, all this bollocks about the Swansea Way is just that .., bollocks,
Far too many on here up their own backsides cocking their nose up at some of the managers who have been linked to us in the past,

Look mate, unless you're going to actually name a manager you want, who would realistically come, then you can re-insert your own head in said orifice.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:11 - Dec 8 with 1178 viewsbonymine

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:45 - Dec 8 by perplex

Have to laugh at the delusional optimists on here has it sunk in what`s happening yet, i have always told you it will be 2 or three years until we will be looking over our shoulder at relegation or a first division club with this lot in charge.

Agree mate.

We’ve been extremely fortunate to have cashed in to the tune of £38M for Dan & Oli and that a number of our U23’s have stepped up to the plate and been included in the senior squad over the past 18 months or so otherwise the picture could have been a whole lot worse.

However, given the extreme financial constraints now prevalent at the Club and the uncertainty surrounding the status of our Academy, it would appear that once the contracts of many of the first team regulars expires next Summer then we will have little in terms of quality capable of stepping up left at the Academy and I can only foresee a relegation to League One as a result unless we get a HUGE change around in fortunes but I hope I’m VERY wrong !!

STID ....Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:11 - Dec 8 with 1176 viewskarnataka

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:37 - Dec 8 by jojaca

Woodman

Carroll Celina Grimes

Surridge Ayew

Wasn't the problem a month or 2 ago that we weren't playing with conventional wingers? Hey presto, Routs & Dyer came back in and results improved. At the moment we're only playing with one, Petersen, and most of what he tried today didn't come off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024