Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread 22:24 - Dec 2 with 40440 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 11:03]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:54 - Dec 8 with 3029 viewslifelong

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:42 - Dec 8 by londonlisa2001

I also think their body language is dreadful.

They don’t seem to care very much.

I agree with this.

We are 5-1 down and players are just strolling around the pitch....shocking.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 3006 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:52 - Dec 8 by Ozzie

Spot on.

The playing squad isn’t great by any stretch in comparison to what we’ve had the last 9-10 years but they’re better than the performances and results that have been put in recently.

I’m confident that Leon and Tatey would do a better job for the club for the rest of the season to ensure our survival in the league

“they’re better than the performances and results that have been put in recently. ”

On what basis? Byers, Grimes and Fulton isn’t a sparkling midfield combo that just needs to be unleashed, they’re just bloody awful.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 2997 viewsGaryjack

And that Ladies and gents, as we all felt deep down, has been coming for sometime.
If you could give any recognition for losing an unbeaten record, then this was as near perfect as you can get.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 2991 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:50 - Dec 8 by thornabyswan

Would have been the perfect choice for us not that he would come here.

West Brom have shown a desire to get back up after relegation we have just rolled over and accepted it.

That’s what’s hard to bear. We had 7 great years or whatever it was in the PL, but don’t look like we want to re-group and build on that while we have substantially more income than most in this league. And now talk of selling the training facilities, which was sold to us as the PL legacy.

Some shocking decisions been going on at the top for some time now.

We will be lucky to stay up if we carry on as we are for another year or so.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 2977 viewsSwanjaxs

Each and every one of them should hang their heads in shame

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:56 - Dec 8 with 2965 viewsMrSwerve

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:53 - Dec 8 by londonlisa2001

One of the most lazy displays I’ve seen in a long time.

Most of the fouls we give away are caused by lazy challenges. Can’t be bothered to get into a proper position, so just dangle a foot out, or give a lazy push.

Genuinely pathetic today. We don’t look fit either.

Yep, I’m at a loss. One of the worst performances I’ve seen in many, many years. And that’s including our relegation season.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:01 - Dec 8 with 2748 viewsminimichu

Can anyone tell me if Grimes has scored from a free kick for the Swans?
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:02 - Dec 8 with 2703 viewsjack2jack

Lost for words, a bit numb tbh.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:02 - Dec 8 with 2712 viewsPentyrchJack

I was at the game and there were no positives to take from it whatsoever. There are parallels with the Bob Bradley half season - Cooper is unproven and inept. What's worse is the lack of fight or hope. Most fans will put up with adversity if there is a glint of hope. The only hope now is COOPER OUT.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:04 - Dec 8 with 2662 viewsSwanseaman

Toshack and Tatey or Britton would get them playing better they they are under Cooper

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:05 - Dec 8 with 2607 viewsswan65split

A few years ago we had the kop and pool fans giving us a standing ovation for our display there, today we were being mocked.

FFS players and staff, put a shift in or FO.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 14:06]
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:06 - Dec 8 with 2586 viewsjackportis

JP would like to remind all that the owners are only interested at the bottom line on the profit and loss account. The result they would not care less. One wonders when do they actually look this up? Cooper is unknown and untested. A good coach with what he did. But who does he turn to? Again will win some and loose some. This club is a failing business to which some sold out at the right time and every time a loss happens it reminds most of this. Could alun wyn Jones play for us?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:07 - Dec 8 with 2535 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am surprised that you guys are surprised by how bad it was.
It has been obvious for weeks that it was coming.
Our football and morale have been going down at an alarming rate.
It smacks of a certain Mr Monk.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:13 - Dec 8 with 2395 viewsicecoldjack

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:04 - Dec 8 by Swanseaman

Toshack and Tatey or Britton would get them playing better they they are under Cooper

Tate ? It could be argued it all went downhill the moment he was made part of Coopers set up.

Let’s forget jobs for the boys, it’s not the best way forward.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:13 - Dec 8 with 2387 viewsbonymine

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:07 - Dec 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I am surprised that you guys are surprised by how bad it was.
It has been obvious for weeks that it was coming.
Our football and morale have been going down at an alarming rate.
It smacks of a certain Mr Monk.

Or a certain Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, The Clog etc etc these are the culpable ones ....Sellout Scumbags the lot of them THIS shitfest is their legacy NOT the PL years ....

Greed, Greed and yet more Greed ....how much is enough you absolute Kunts ?????
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 14:15]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:14 - Dec 8 with 2382 viewsOzzie

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:55 - Dec 8 by londonlisa2001

“they’re better than the performances and results that have been put in recently. ”

On what basis? Byers, Grimes and Fulton isn’t a sparkling midfield combo that just needs to be unleashed, they’re just bloody awful.

Based on the fact we hadn’t lost an away game all season until now.

I’ve been of the opinion that we wouldn’t finish in the top 6 all season as I’m no fan of our midfield so please don’t take my comments as defending them. I was just trying to be balanced in that we’re better than today, but not much.

None of that midfield is good enough. Yet our most talented wasn’t even on the bench today yet my understanding is that he isn’t injured either!? Baffling!
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:14 - Dec 8 with 2373 viewsTimTtam

A very poor effort from defense right through to attack. West Brom won every 1 on 1. They waltzed through our midfield and defense with ease. I wasn't so disappointed with individual players, but the structure when defending West Brom's counter attacks was woeful. We made West Brom look like Man City.

We're 10th now. This is the point where if we drop any further, the Cooper Out talk will be warranted. Dyer was a good sub and he tried, but why wasn't there a double change? We had to score, and quickly. Kalulu or McKay had to come on alongside Dyer. What was the point giving Kalulu 10 minutes of game time when we were 4 goals down?

The game plan is wrong. Cooper says his game plan is about passing passing and passing, and getting the ball back as soon as possible. VDH seems oblivious, and loves hoofing it downfield. The other players seem to try and pass, but it's sideways and backwards. And then to get the ball back, we have possibly the worst press in the division.

Right up until Jan 25th, we have an easier fixture list. It will determine Cooper's future at the club. We should be looking to win 5 of our next 10 games and only lose 3. If we fall short of that, then Cooper has to go.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:15 - Dec 8 with 2356 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:01 - Dec 8 by minimichu

Can anyone tell me if Grimes has scored from a free kick for the Swans?

3 points every time.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:17 - Dec 8 with 2326 viewsSwansea93

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:14 - Dec 8 by TimTtam

A very poor effort from defense right through to attack. West Brom won every 1 on 1. They waltzed through our midfield and defense with ease. I wasn't so disappointed with individual players, but the structure when defending West Brom's counter attacks was woeful. We made West Brom look like Man City.

We're 10th now. This is the point where if we drop any further, the Cooper Out talk will be warranted. Dyer was a good sub and he tried, but why wasn't there a double change? We had to score, and quickly. Kalulu or McKay had to come on alongside Dyer. What was the point giving Kalulu 10 minutes of game time when we were 4 goals down?

The game plan is wrong. Cooper says his game plan is about passing passing and passing, and getting the ball back as soon as possible. VDH seems oblivious, and loves hoofing it downfield. The other players seem to try and pass, but it's sideways and backwards. And then to get the ball back, we have possibly the worst press in the division.

Right up until Jan 25th, we have an easier fixture list. It will determine Cooper's future at the club. We should be looking to win 5 of our next 10 games and only lose 3. If we fall short of that, then Cooper has to go.

Dyer was a good sub for Peterson who arguably created the most for us in the 1st half?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:19 - Dec 8 with 2299 viewsminimichu

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:54 - Dec 8 by lifelong

I agree with this.

We are 5-1 down and players are just strolling around the pitch....shocking.

Everton’s dismal run ended yesterday with a great win v Chelsea after the team made more tackles in a match for over a decade.
Duncan Ferguson has obviously instilled a different mind set into his players in just a few days.
The starting point in any individual/ team is effort, fight , pride.
If Cooper can’t get that basic ingredient from his players then he’s failing badly. As for the Swansea way......
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:19 - Dec 8 with 2281 viewsthornabyswan

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:15 - Dec 8 by sainthelens

3 points every time.

Dan Biggar must be bricking it

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:20 - Dec 8 with 2269 viewsTimTtam

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:17 - Dec 8 by Swansea93

Dyer was a good sub for Peterson who arguably created the most for us in the 1st half?

I didn't factor in Peterson going off. I thought Dyer brought a lot of effort, something that was missing with the other players. Peterson looked ok and tried, but didn't have any finishing touch whatsoever.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:20 - Dec 8 with 2258 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:19 - Dec 8 by thornabyswan

Dan Biggar must be bricking it

At least Dan Biggar can tackle.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:21 - Dec 8 with 2234 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:14 - Dec 8 by Ozzie

Based on the fact we hadn’t lost an away game all season until now.

I’ve been of the opinion that we wouldn’t finish in the top 6 all season as I’m no fan of our midfield so please don’t take my comments as defending them. I was just trying to be balanced in that we’re better than today, but not much.

None of that midfield is good enough. Yet our most talented wasn’t even on the bench today yet my understanding is that he isn’t injured either!? Baffling!

We’ve been very lucky a few times though if we’re honest.

Today has been coming for quite some time.

I agree that Celina’s absence was baffling. He’s one of the few bright sparks we have. Inconsistent, but consistency is overrated when Byers and Grimes at present are consistently woeful.
The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:24 - Dec 8 with 2181 viewsminimichu

The Official WBA FC versus Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:15 - Dec 8 by sainthelens

3 points every time.

Or a pass back to the away keeper!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024