Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437641 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 14:07 - Mar 15 with 1865 viewsProfessor

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-her
Corona Virus on 14:16 - Mar 15 with 1819 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 14:02 - Mar 15 by ItchySphincter

Add to that, when people come out of hibernation the virus is still out there. I saw what Lisa went through with them yesterday and now I've allowed myself to be pulled in too. It really is pointless.

It may sound brutal but the young and strong may have to take on the fight against Coronavirus, whilst the elderly & vulnerable go into self isolation.

I’m certainly not concerned in anyway of developing the virus.
If I do I’ll go into self isolation too, to protect the elderly & vulnerable.
Corona Virus on 14:17 - Mar 15 with 1819 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 14:07 - Mar 15 by Professor

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-her

It seems an odd strategy and people are right to question it, having no idea of subject myself, I would say it does not sound right and why is no one else following this tactic, ethically it seems all wrong to me, a policy that would not be out of place in a Nazi manifesto.
Corona Virus on 14:20 - Mar 15 with 1803 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:56 - Mar 15 by chad

Those buckets are so useful, cool video a few unrealistic assumptions
a. The whole population (bucket) will become infected
b. All those infected will need treatment in the health service (bottle)

However mostly does not affect the general concept being shown, to attempt to flatten the peak.

Question is, will we be feeding the ferocity of the infection down the line (will more in the bucket become infected?)

Will our actions encourage the virus to mutate (into a stronger or weaker version). Or would more lockdown allow time for the virus to learn, if it wants to mingle it will have to improve its manners?

As time progresses will the apparently strongest become most susceptible to succumb to the virus as happened in the 1918 pandemic.

We don't know the answers to thse questions and that's the problem. It's why people criticising the government are wrong, they do it to score political points but nobody knows any better really. They might think they do but until there is evidence to back up claims it's just more arguments and accusations.

I was in Tesco today, again, trying to pick up those things I couldn't get yesterday but with no luck. Even with rationing some items are gone in minutes. They reckon couples are going in with two baskets and both buying the max. The pasta shelf was nearly empty, apart from the wholemeal which is the stuff I prefer! Even the chocolate shelf was being emptied. Ah well, I guess it's good for stock rotation.

I am still sticking with the social distancing etc but my wife works in Morriston hospital so unless she goes sick (which she won't) she can't distance herself.

What really grates is that some comments on this thread sound really bad but then the poster has come back and said they didn't mean it that way, maybe a bit more thought would help?

PS as far as it goes (repeating myself here) when it's called callous that we are going for herd immunity and accepting many people will die, if herd immunity actually saves lives, saves people who would have died and the overall death toll is lower than expected, is that really callous? I guess we'll have to wait and see what actully happens, the herd immunity plan may backfire and cause a higher death toll but again, nobody really knows. I am certain though that nobody is saying 'we'll do it this way and hopefully it'll kill off a few million old bu33ers' nobody is targetting a group and saying lets throw them to the virus.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 14:20 - Mar 15 with 1800 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/this-coronavirus-crisis-ha

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 14:28 - Mar 15 with 1751 viewsEbo

Corona Virus on 13:20 - Mar 15 by jack2jack

Folk are beginning to get right on my nubs now,just wtf do they think they are going to achieve.

Same in Tesco Aberdare. No one buying loads of toilet paper or sanitizer (there was little on the shelves in any case). Lots seemed to be buying stuff for Sunday dinner. It did feel like a Christmas shop though.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 14:29 - Mar 15 with 1745 viewsBillyChong

Corona Virus on 12:05 - Mar 15 by PozuelosSideys

What idiots like that dont understand is the whole delay process is to be able to stand a chance of building an infrastructure to cope with the numbers needing to use it in the coming months. We simply dont have it. Neither did Italy.

As we are seeing with the crazy behaviour of the masses, its crisis management stations at the moment imo. Its not just the medical side that needs to be planned around.

What infrastructure are they going to build? They will seriously struggle to man existing health infrastructure if it really kicks off. This herd immunity business is a massive gamble.
Corona Virus on 14:33 - Mar 15 with 1723 viewsladyjack

I thought the speech was unprecedented myself in peacetime and the author has picked up on that also.
When I seen the speech combined with no UK checks at ports and airports even with people coming back from known virus hotspots I thought that was odd, then no big events cancelled by the Government but then slowly the Boris experiment plan was unveiled.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 14:34 - Mar 15 with 1721 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 14:02 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Are you over 60?
Got an underying health problem?
Want to volunteer?
Why don't you want to do what the rest od the world are doing?

Are you so certain the rest of the world is right? Cases in Europe have soared and the USA was criticised for not doing enough.

What I've not seen is how this is playing out elsewhere. Is this a big problem in India, Africa or Russia. Maybe I've not been playing close enough attention but if this is such a disaster here, what is happening in the third world?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 14:37 - Mar 15 with 1700 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 14:34 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Are you so certain the rest of the world is right? Cases in Europe have soared and the USA was criticised for not doing enough.

What I've not seen is how this is playing out elsewhere. Is this a big problem in India, Africa or Russia. Maybe I've not been playing close enough attention but if this is such a disaster here, what is happening in the third world?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 14:39 - Mar 15 with 1692 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 11:34 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

I don't need to do anything different as things stand as I wash my hands constantly anyway, far more than most other people so there is no need for me to do anything different.

Taking government advice for now then is it?
Corona Virus on 14:41 - Mar 15 with 1679 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 14:17 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

It seems an odd strategy and people are right to question it, having no idea of subject myself, I would say it does not sound right and why is no one else following this tactic, ethically it seems all wrong to me, a policy that would not be out of place in a Nazi manifesto.

Nazi manifesto? Really? Are you accusing the government of attempting genocide?

Do you not consider that to be a very hateful and distasteful remark?

No small wonder others are saying things about you. Some of the things you are saying could well be right but people will ignore it because of comments like that.

Corona Virus on 14:47 - Mar 15 with 1638 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thank you for the info.
Stay safe.
Corona Virus on 14:51 - Mar 15 with 1611 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 13:17 - Mar 15 by Jackfath

ASDA Gorseinon this morning was like the last few shopping days before Christmas. I went and walked out due to the numbers panicking in there.

Sadly it's the same everywhere Fathy; people with shìt for brains are everywhere, unfortunately

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 14:52 - Mar 15 with 1606 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 14:41 - Mar 15 by Catullus

No small wonder others are saying things about you. Some of the things you are saying could well be right but people will ignore it because of comments like that.

Genocide has not come into my thinking, the policy just does not seem ethical, it screams survival of the fittest and eugenics and using people for an experiment, I can't help it but that's what I thought when I seen that 15 point plan on twitter that Lisa directed people to, loads of others by their remarks seen it the same way I would guess judging by their comments.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 14:53]
Corona Virus on 15:01 - Mar 15 with 1582 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 14:41 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Do you not recognise the term "the end justifies the means"?
Wouldn't you say that gaining possible herd immunity for next year or the next wave at the expense of containment and all the other means combined that other countries are using to protect their weak fits that description.
ie Testing, masks, hand washing, isolation, public spacing when you can't isolate etc.

Did you bother to read the article posted by the prof?

Would you still feel the same if it meant that the children and young were going to die instead of the old and infirm?
Would that be an acceptable cost to you?

Mind you it is now moot because the Government are falling in line other countries for some aspects of their policy and backtracking on the herd immunity.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 16:21]
Corona Virus on 15:05 - Mar 15 with 1551 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 14:52 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

Genocide has not come into my thinking, the policy just does not seem ethical, it screams survival of the fittest and eugenics and using people for an experiment, I can't help it but that's what I thought when I seen that 15 point plan on twitter that Lisa directed people to, loads of others by their remarks seen it the same way I would guess judging by their comments.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 14:53]

So Bojo is endorsing eugenics now, enough is enough

Corona Virus on 15:05 - Mar 15 with 1544 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 15:01 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Wouldn't you say that gaining possible herd immunity for next year or the next wave at the expense of containment and all the other means combined that other countries are using to protect their weak fits that description.
ie Testing, masks, hand washing, isolation, public spacing when you can't isolate etc.

Would you still feel the same if it meant that the children and young were going to die instead of the old and infirm?

Mind you it is now moot because the Government are falling in line other countries for some aspects of their policy and backtracking on the herd immunity.

Not being funny but you seem to be hysterical. I know some people are concerned, and not sure of your circumstances - if you are elderly or vulnerable speak to family members or friends and stay at home.
Corona Virus on 15:10 - Mar 15 with 1525 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 14:16 - Mar 15 by Thebus

It may sound brutal but the young and strong may have to take on the fight against Coronavirus, whilst the elderly & vulnerable go into self isolation.

I’m certainly not concerned in anyway of developing the virus.
If I do I’ll go into self isolation too, to protect the elderly & vulnerable.

That's very noble of you. A true martyr
Corona Virus on 15:12 - Mar 15 with 1506 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 15:10 - Mar 15 by hobo

That's very noble of you. A true martyr

Well what’s the alternative ? Stay at home and hope it just disappears.
Corona Virus on 15:12 - Mar 15 with 1510 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 15:01 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Mute? It's moot, mate. There's some real brainboxes on here and yet they're criticising medical experts.

Anyway, as someone else said, calm down.
Corona Virus on 15:14 - Mar 15 with 1503 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 15:05 - Mar 15 by Catullus

So Bojo is endorsing eugenics now, enough is enough

The Nazis thought that the end justified the means and BoJo's policy could be said to be the same.
Corona Virus on 15:15 - Mar 15 with 1495 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The social distancing challenge, Ireland has closed schools etc. but bars and pubs are busy.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/coronavirus-pub-body-will-urge-me

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Mar 15 with 1493 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 14:17 - Mar 15 by ladyjack

You have no idea of the subject yourself? You should have stopped right there and saved yourself from further embarrassment.
Corona Virus on 15:22 - Mar 15 with 1434 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Mar 15 by ploppy

You have no idea of the subject yourself? You should have stopped right there and saved yourself from further embarrassment.

The success, or otherwise, of any strategy will only be apparent in hindsight. Countries on lockdown have no real idea how to get out of it. Without immunity it will rise again. Containment only works until you stop containing. Like it or not, the UK strategy is as valid as any other at the moment. Warmer weather will help, but the only way to be immune is to get it or get a vaccine, and I suppose there is no guarantee then. This thing might be with us for good, like flu, only more like flu on steroids.

Nothing's easier than shouting 'do something different'. The whole world is an experiment at the moment, not just the UK.

Didn't mean to quote, I'm basically agreeing. The expertise on here knowing what to do is breathtaking.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 15:24]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024