Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. 15:06 - May 30 with 8429 viewsOptimisticJack

Normally I am so proud of our fans but felt totally embarrassed by our fans booing the British anthem yesterday.
I do feel that the announcer prior should have announced that the Welsh anthem would follow and may have prevented some booing.
We are playing in the English league. All too often we suspect that the powers to be dont want us Welsh teams in the top flight.
Things like this add fuel to the fire.
It may just be the actions that influence the minds of referees and lean decisions against us.
The referee yesterday certainly didn't give us a thing and from early on I could see a red card and penalties coming against us.
We are not doing ourselves any favours.


This post has been edited by an administrator

Optimisticjack

2
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:07 - May 30 with 3195 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing innit.
It s a wonder the English come over and spend millions to keep many in jobs .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-2
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:35 - May 30 with 3186 viewsKilkennyjack

No welshman should ever sing God Save the Queen.
Its Englands anthem, thats it.

The British stuff is just guff made up to control the Celts.

Booing - well i was not there...?
But if i was then i would have boo’d it and everything that it stands for.
You need to ask why we feel its appropriate to boo it.
And ask the Scots, Irish, and Scouse people.

Well done the Jack Army.

Beware of the Risen People

1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:38 - May 30 with 3179 viewsKilkennyjack

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:07 - May 30 by onehunglow

Embarrassing innit.
It s a wonder the English come over and spend millions to keep many in jobs .


Tell Keith and Brenda from Stoke that we dont need them in Wales.
Try Skegness or Blackpool instead.

Cymru is a nation not a theme park.

And we should tax the butt off anyone who owns a second home in Wales.
Its killing our communities.
Welsh Govt needs to sort it out pronto.
Welsh young people must come before English retirees.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 17:09]

Beware of the Risen People

-1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:45 - May 30 with 3169 viewsOptimisticJack

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:35 - May 30 by Kilkennyjack

No welshman should ever sing God Save the Queen.
Its Englands anthem, thats it.

The British stuff is just guff made up to control the Celts.

Booing - well i was not there...?
But if i was then i would have boo’d it and everything that it stands for.
You need to ask why we feel its appropriate to boo it.
And ask the Scots, Irish, and Scouse people.

Well done the Jack Army.


Who are you to say that.

Optimisticjack

0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:51 - May 30 with 3157 viewsNotLoyal

As I've often said there are places here you will die in a second for being remotely bothered by this thread.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:55 - May 30 with 3148 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:45 - May 30 by OptimisticJack

Who are you to say that.


He's another Welsh nationalist who is ungrateful for the handouts England provides him via the Barnett Formula.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

-2
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:04 - May 30 with 3133 viewsOptimisticJack

Politics should be kept out of sport.

Optimisticjack

0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:06 - May 30 with 3127 viewsjasper_T

I heard more booing of the Welsh anthem.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:10 - May 30 with 3113 viewsOptimisticJack

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:06 - May 30 by jasper_T

I heard more booing of the Welsh anthem.


Tit for tat retaliation.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 16:15]

Optimisticjack

-1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:41 - May 30 with 3063 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:35 - May 30 by Kilkennyjack

No welshman should ever sing God Save the Queen.
Its Englands anthem, thats it.

The British stuff is just guff made up to control the Celts.

Booing - well i was not there...?
But if i was then i would have boo’d it and everything that it stands for.
You need to ask why we feel its appropriate to boo it.
And ask the Scots, Irish, and Scouse people.

Well done the Jack Army.


I don't need to to ask, I already know the answer, you are a narrow minded, tribal provincial who can't let go of the past and hates the English.
And you wear it like a badge of honour.
It does appear to be a bit of a "Celtic" trait though.
1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:46 - May 30 with 3038 viewsonehunglow

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:41 - May 30 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't need to to ask, I already know the answer, you are a narrow minded, tribal provincial who can't let go of the past and hates the English.
And you wear it like a badge of honour.
It does appear to be a bit of a "Celtic" trait though.


He will sing the Soldiers Song though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:51 - May 30 with 3033 viewslondonlisa2001

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:55 - May 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's another Welsh nationalist who is ungrateful for the handouts England provides him via the Barnett Formula.


The Barnett formula doesn’t provide handouts from England oh financially illiterate one.
3
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:11 - May 30 with 3016 viewstrampie

OMG, I would never sing GSTQ, I'm Welsh, I don't regard it as my national anthem regardless of what the powers that be in London try and say.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

3
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:13 - May 30 with 3031 viewsmonmouth

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 16:10 - May 30 by OptimisticJack

Tit for tat retaliation.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 16:15]


You really think they wouldn’t have booed it even if we’d kept quiet?

Crikey.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:15 - May 30 with 3001 viewslondonlisa2001

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:11 - May 30 by trampie

OMG, I would never sing GSTQ, I'm Welsh, I don't regard it as my national anthem regardless of what the powers that be in London try and say.


I don’t sing it either. But I also don’t boo it. As I’m an adult.
6
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:15 - May 30 with 3027 viewsKilkennyjack

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 15:51 - May 30 by NotLoyal

As I've often said there are places here you will die in a second for being remotely bothered by this thread.


Is that something you are proud of ?

Is that something designed to shut up the questionning of things ?

Like the Indians, the Americans and the Irish then the Welsh and the Scots will enjoy their freedom and take their places amongst the nations of the world.

The butchers apron has had its day.
As Drakers said before his election win, the old union is ‘over’.

I do hate to break it to you buttercup .... ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

-3
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:16 - May 30 with 2999 viewslondonlisa2001

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:13 - May 30 by monmouth

You really think they wouldn’t have booed it even if we’d kept quiet?

Crikey.


Exactly. They have as many children as us.
1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:17 - May 30 with 3025 viewsKilkennyjack

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:15 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

I don’t sing it either. But I also don’t boo it. As I’m an adult.


I think this is undoubtedly the correct approach.

Beware of the Risen People

0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:19 - May 30 with 3001 viewstrampie

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:15 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

I don’t sing it either. But I also don’t boo it. As I’m an adult.


Same with me .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:25 - May 30 with 2999 viewsmajorraglan

I never boo any anthem. I wouldn’t sing GSTQ, but I wouldn’t boo it either.
0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 17:38 - May 30 with 2976 views1983

Ridiculous decision to play GSTF or Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau all the players who had no allegiance to one or the other or standing in opposite teams countries just looked cringeworthy

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

2
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 18:31 - May 30 with 2898 viewsTenbySwan

Watched on the telly and heard NO booing of GSTQ, but as soon as HWFNh started there was loud booing to be heard.
1
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 19:27 - May 30 with 2854 viewsowainglyndwr

I have never sung the English Anthem in my life, to be honest I don't know the words and I don't think many people outside the city do.
We only ever sung the Welsh anthem .
0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 19:30 - May 30 with 2844 viewsDr_Winston

Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 18:31 - May 30 by TenbySwan

Watched on the telly and heard NO booing of GSTQ, but as soon as HWFNh started there was loud booing to be heard.


Heard loads of booing of both. Your telly must have been on the fritz.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

0
Booing of the British national anthem yesterday. on 19:31 - May 30 with 2839 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I didn’t boo theirs and I sang ours. Some of ours booed theirs and some of theirs booed ours. It’ll never change.

To be fair to the EFL it was an English League play off and they played the Welsh National Anthem.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026