Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very bold statement from Boris 17:58 - Mar 16 with 7734 views1983

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said everyone in the UK should now avoid "non-essential" travel and contact with others to fight coronavirus.

He said people should work from home where possible, as part of a range of stringent new measures.

Some on here will still bang on about season ticket refunds

Very bold statement from Boris on 22:38 - Mar 16 with 1090 viewsProfessor

Very bold statement from Boris on 22:32 - Mar 16 by legoman

Meanwhile in Los Angeles, there are massive queues at gun stores.

Neil Ferguson at Imperial, who looks to be the driver of the U turn, predicted civil unrest in the US following the pandemic leading to 30000 additional deaths-guns eh!
Very bold statement from Boris on 22:48 - Mar 16 with 1054 viewsgadgetuk

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:49 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

100% this.

It is crucial that the government promises NOW that no one will lose put financially if they are not able to go to work. And no small companies will go under because of the next few months as well,

I was reading something earlier which said that they believe the reason that the government aren't making pubs and restaurants close is that to do so would cost insurance companies a fortune. If a business chooses to close then they aren't entitled to compensation
Very bold statement from Boris on 22:55 - Mar 16 with 1028 viewsBanosswan

Very bold statement from Boris on 22:38 - Mar 16 by Professor

Neil Ferguson at Imperial, who looks to be the driver of the U turn, predicted civil unrest in the US following the pandemic leading to 30000 additional deaths-guns eh!

Which u turn?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Very bold statement from Boris on 23:14 - Mar 16 with 1006 viewsswan65split

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:49 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

100% this.

It is crucial that the government promises NOW that no one will lose put financially if they are not able to go to work. And no small companies will go under because of the next few months as well,

France have set the way if Boris and Co dont follow this , Politics and the way people vote from now on will drastically change.

Not doing so could cause further issues, as I said in another post he needs them Bog rolls
Very bold statement from Boris on 23:20 - Mar 16 with 996 viewslegoman

Very bold statement from Boris on 22:48 - Mar 16 by gadgetuk

I was reading something earlier which said that they believe the reason that the government aren't making pubs and restaurants close is that to do so would cost insurance companies a fortune. If a business chooses to close then they aren't entitled to compensation

Interesting one that. It's a de facto order so on the face of it a business should be entitled to compensation somewhere.

But we are well into uncharted waters now. The world governments will either have to bail out businesses or insurers or possible even both.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Very bold statement from Boris on 23:21 - Mar 16 with 991 viewsmajorraglan

Considering Covid 19 has been in the public domain for several months we don’t appear to be prepared for it, things like additional ventilators, more money etc should have been made available to the NHS months ago and restrictions on entering the UK imposed.

Traveled to Malta last week, the government had introduced thermal screening at the airport, had already banned flights from curtain parts of the world, stopped a cruise ship from docking and there were hand gel sanitisers everywhere. During the week they imposed mandatory isolation periods for new arrivals including significant fines for breaches, banned travellers from some countries completely, introduced further thermal screening and imposed restrictions on public transport. One good idea they introduced was to set up a help line so that if people in isolation needed provisions they could phone up and the government would arrange for supplies to be delivered.

Got back to Cardiff, no screening, no hand wash only a couple of leaflets on a table. I appreciate Malta is much smaller than the UK, but we should be much better prepared.
Very bold statement from Boris on 23:45 - Mar 16 with 966 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 20:01 - Mar 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

You alluded to it saying the virus will infect whole families in the UK as opposed to China's plan.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 20:03]

I heard an expert say a week ago or so that 70% to 80% of transmissions of the virus is past on within the family unit , yet it seems that Boris is going to keep people with the virus within the family unit where the lot of them might well get it, the Chinese on the other hand apparently overcome that problem but we probably have not got the money or the resources to do what they did.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 0:05]
Very bold statement from Boris on 00:02 - Mar 17 with 945 viewsswan65split

Very bold statement from Boris on 23:21 - Mar 16 by majorraglan

Considering Covid 19 has been in the public domain for several months we don’t appear to be prepared for it, things like additional ventilators, more money etc should have been made available to the NHS months ago and restrictions on entering the UK imposed.

Traveled to Malta last week, the government had introduced thermal screening at the airport, had already banned flights from curtain parts of the world, stopped a cruise ship from docking and there were hand gel sanitisers everywhere. During the week they imposed mandatory isolation periods for new arrivals including significant fines for breaches, banned travellers from some countries completely, introduced further thermal screening and imposed restrictions on public transport. One good idea they introduced was to set up a help line so that if people in isolation needed provisions they could phone up and the government would arrange for supplies to be delivered.

Got back to Cardiff, no screening, no hand wash only a couple of leaflets on a table. I appreciate Malta is much smaller than the UK, but we should be much better prepared.

Yep .looks like we haven't taken notice of what may happen. And only moved this last week.
Login to get fewer ads

Very bold statement from Boris on 00:29 - Mar 17 with 920 viewshobo

I'd be doing the same. Should there be a social breakdown, you're going to need weapons to defend your food and water
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 0:29]
Very bold statement from Boris on 00:44 - Mar 17 with 914 viewsNotLoyal

Are they selling bog roll or pasta?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Very bold statement from Boris on 02:05 - Mar 17 with 893 viewsExiledJack

You’ve hit the nail on the head. There’ll be a public inquiry down the line.
Very bold statement from Boris on 04:39 - Mar 17 with 871 viewsfbreath

What happens if all places are closed down suddenly in the UK apart from essential services, the MOT on you car runs out during this time and you have an emergency situation.
So you could have no MOT and no Road Tax what will the authorities do?

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Very bold statement from Boris on 07:37 - Mar 17 with 805 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 04:39 - Mar 17 by fbreath

What happens if all places are closed down suddenly in the UK apart from essential services, the MOT on you car runs out during this time and you have an emergency situation.
So you could have no MOT and no Road Tax what will the authorities do?

But would they not count mot testing and garages as essential ?
Very bold statement from Boris on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 758 viewsepaul

Very bold statement from Boris on 23:14 - Mar 16 by swan65split

France have set the way if Boris and Co dont follow this , Politics and the way people vote from now on will drastically change.

Not doing so could cause further issues, as I said in another post he needs them Bog rolls

Indeed Mcron has, my sister lives in France and she has lauded the way he is dealing with it, whilst scathing of B*ris, and his just don't go down the pub atitude, warra c unt

He's selling the british down the f ucking river, looking after his mates in the city, i.e not ordering shutdown. Ins claims etc

Ah well the British people wanted this utter c ockwomble in power, suck it up and live it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Very bold statement from Boris on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 743 viewsLeonWasGod

A lot of people seem to be thinking the same.
Very bold statement from Boris on 09:47 - Mar 17 with 730 viewsCatullus

Very bold statement from Boris on 23:45 - Mar 16 by ladyjack

I heard an expert say a week ago or so that 70% to 80% of transmissions of the virus is past on within the family unit , yet it seems that Boris is going to keep people with the virus within the family unit where the lot of them might well get it, the Chinese on the other hand apparently overcome that problem but we probably have not got the money or the resources to do what they did.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 0:05]

Money shouldn't be an issue during this, for anyone. If anything this shows just how much of a problem our economic system is, money is stopping us dealing with this properly. There has to be a better way?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Very bold statement from Boris on 09:47 - Mar 17 with 729 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I outlined how poor the government preparations were on the 9th of March on the main coronavirus thread and got shot down in flames by many.
The government learnt nothing from the Chinese experience and were even slow to react to the Italian one and were not following those countreis with the best practices.
Were they concentrating too much on Brexit, or is it just their usual incompetence?
Very bold statement from Boris on 09:52 - Mar 17 with 721 viewsladyjack

Yes quite majorraglan, one thing I find slightly surprising is the amount of support posters on here are giving the Government for their handling of the crisis, I can't see how that praise is justified given how other countries have handled things compared to us and the advantage we had with the virus seemingly developing and spreading in any great numbers weeks after it had in other countries this in theory giving us the opportunity to see what those other countries did right and did wrong in handling the crisis but I'm not sure we have taken advantage of that fact.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:58]
Very bold statement from Boris on 09:58 - Mar 17 with 713 viewsdickythorpe

A couple I work with went to Australia on a 4 week visit. they were screened everywhere but one place....Heathrow on their return.
Very bold statement from Boris on 10:02 - Mar 17 with 709 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 09:47 - Mar 17 by Catullus

Money shouldn't be an issue during this, for anyone. If anything this shows just how much of a problem our economic system is, money is stopping us dealing with this properly. There has to be a better way?

I dont think we would be able to replicate what the Chinese did it would take a real 'wartime' effort and I didn't think our Government have the will or the money and the resources to do it.
Very bold statement from Boris on 10:04 - Mar 17 with 702 viewsCatullus

Very bold statement from Boris on 09:47 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I outlined how poor the government preparations were on the 9th of March on the main coronavirus thread and got shot down in flames by many.
The government learnt nothing from the Chinese experience and were even slow to react to the Italian one and were not following those countreis with the best practices.
Were they concentrating too much on Brexit, or is it just their usual incompetence?

AFD, part of the reason for our being behind is because we are at a different point on the curve AND people wouldn't have put up with us taking the nuclear option straight away. Or so the government was told by behavioral experts.

Maybe I was trying to convince myself to stay calm, maybe I should have panicked because there were things going on I really did disagree with.
In the beginning we should have clamped down on international travel and tested everyone coming into the UK, refused flights from hotspots. Quite probably where we are now is where we should have started. It just seems like common sense.

The problem is, if we keep shouting the government is wrong, if we keep spreading stories it becomes a distraction. Bojo doesn't need distracting right now, he hasn't got the time to deal with the thoughts of what we should have done because it's too late.

Today I've been told that our sons previous school (we'd transferred him 2 months ago) has more than one case of Corona virus. Our son is in school today but we've been talking about keeping him home so today is going to be his last day for however long it takes.
Telling us to avoid all but essential social contact and keeping schools open seems counter productive. Saying that, there will be plenty of 'essential jobs' where parents will need to stay in work so as long as they aren't showing symptoms we'll offer to have some of his friends here if it helps.

We can carry on shouting about what is wrong or we can look around and see what we can do to help.

When this is over with, then we can start assigning blame.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Very bold statement from Boris on 10:09 - Mar 17 with 695 viewsladyjack

Very bold statement from Boris on 09:58 - Mar 17 by dickythorpe

A couple I work with went to Australia on a 4 week visit. they were screened everywhere but one place....Heathrow on their return.

Herd immunity plan ?
Very bold statement from Boris on 10:14 - Mar 17 with 683 viewsLeonWasGod

Very bold statement from Boris on 09:47 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Summed up nicely by senior health professionals:

We've had plenty of warnings in other areas - the key people in this government don't do things by the book and have been found to be lacking many times before. The CMO and CSA are good people in their fields, but something has gone badly wrong in all of this - not just our blasé attitude, but the lack of duty of care shown to frontline staff, poor communications that undermines key sectors of the UK without ensuring financial safeguards are in place, etc. From a confident start (albeit wrong), they are now looking increasingly amateur by the day.
Very bold statement from Boris on 11:01 - Mar 17 with 660 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very bold statement from Boris on 18:05 - Mar 16 by monmouth

That’s a very kind description of a bloke shitting his pants.

There’s no way he can lose. Coronavirus trumps everything. He’ll be blaming it as the cause for the next rounds of austerity believe

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Very bold statement from Boris on 11:07 - Mar 17 with 647 viewsladyjack

The Government are u-turning all the time, so it's difficult to predict what they will do next, they have wasted weeks on the herd immunity plan, I think they will abandon that now but if they continue down that route I think two words will be banded about a lot, one of them words will be corporate and one of them words will be manslaughter.
If they do now go down the isolation route, we would have lost weeks and lots that would not have been infected will now be, so we will still hear those two words but not to the same degree as if we follow the herd thing.
Many think the Government so far has let us down, we have no choice but to hope there will turn it around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024