Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Sunday Aftermath 15:35 - Mar 10 with 11861 viewsNotLoyal

The hatters of Luton v the swans of Swansea, a game of football, eleven v eleven, game of two halves, different colour jerseys, one aim, victory.

Saturday March 13th 2021
The Championship
Kenilworth Road, Luton
Kick Off 12.15pm

Match Officials
DARREN BOND
Mark Russell and Robert Hyde
Fourth Official : Andy ‘Cooper’s mate’ Woolmer

Television and Wireless
SKY Sports LIVE
Swans TV

Flags, flags and more flags, it’s flag day

Luton manager Nathan Jones has been a bit of a problem for the swans over recent fixtures, he seems to save his best for this fixture. The swans won at the Liberty but it wasn’t pretty, in fact it wasn’t even ugly, it was worse than that. Coupled with the swans recent form, albeit seven points from nine, it’s still a worry if an out of form Swansea can get anything from this game. A change of form is needed. Quickly.

Nathan Jones has never made it easy for the swans - ever

Last time out
Luton lost at Norwich City 3-0, Swansea City drew at Blackburn Rovers.

Previously
Since 2004 the swans have won five out of the last fixtures in all competitions. Last season Swansea won 1-0 at Kenilworth Road, and Luton won 1-0 at the Liberty.

Swansea City v Luton Town
Games won: 20
Games drawn: 11
Games lost: 22

Luton Facts
The club was founded in 1885 and became the first professional team in southern England in 1891. Back then it was over a hundred years ago. The side was promoted to the top-flight in 1981—82 and won the 1987—88 League Cup Final with a 3—2 victory over Arsenal. The club stayed in the top division until 1992. Then they left. They have never played in the premier league.

Charles Arthur Salvador (formerly Charles Ali Ahmed; Bronson, born Michael Gordon Peterson
The man known as Charlie Bronson, Britain’s longest serving inmate ( 47 years currently )is from Luton, he is quite old now, 69 next birthday, but would still give a few millennials a right good kicking as long as there wasn’t more than five of them at a time. Bronson wrote the foreword to Tommy Robinson’s book about his hooligan endeavours. A bit like Cardiff City it should have been a three page pamphlet, the front and back Included. The middle page for a picture of Walter Mitty.

Charles Bronson amongst other names is as hard as a hard thing from hardshire

Luton’s Star Man
A Manchester United academy graduate, the 26-year-old brings a huge amount of Championship experience to Kenilworth Road, having spent a majority of his career in the second tier. After he made two appearances in the League Cup, Tunnicliffe left Old Trafford in 2014, having spent time on loan at Peterborough United, Barnsley and Ipswich Town, joining Fulham for an undisclosed fee in 2014. He spent three-and-a-half years there, again, heading out on loan, this time to Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Athletic. He joined Millwall in 2017, spending two-years there, before joining the Hatters in the summer. Tunnicliffe made 40 appearances during his first season at Kenilworth Road, scoring his one and only goal in the 1-0 away victory against Middlesborough. At nine years old, Ryan was playing for Manchester United’s youth teams, and his dad managed to get odds on 100-1 on his son featuring for the first team, which earned him £10,000 in 2012.

Running to the cliff, that’s Ryan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Pre Match and Teams 13th Mar 2021 11:20
It’s coming round every three to four days and that’s another fixture in the EFL Championship. The early kick off is Luton Town v Swansea City ( LIVE on SKY Sports kick off 12.15pm) The hatters are looking secure points to stave off a very unlikely relegation, whilst the swans, in the box seats for the automatics to the premier league are scrapping for points to aid their cause. 0

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, Dan Potts, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Matty Pearson (captain), Harry Cornick, Pelly Mpanzu, Jordan Clark, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Kai Naismith, James Bree, Elijah Adebayo.

Substitutes: James Shea, Martin Cranie, Luke Berry, Glen Rea, James Collins, Kazenga Lualua, Sam Nombe, Joe Morrell, Tom Ince.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Jamal Lowe, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Jake Bidwell, Kieron Freeman, Brandon Cooper, Ben Cabango.

A win !
Nothing to follow

[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 12:01]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:27 - Mar 13 with 970 viewsraynor94

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:12 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

Cabango needs to come in .Naughton and/or Bennett could be sent off.

Need good game management now

I agree with you there worrying with both on yellow, we have to get a grip in midfield.

But Luton have impressed me especially the two up top

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:29 - Mar 13 with 959 viewsChief

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:06 - Mar 13 by DJack

Disagree. Recently this board has demonstrated a hard core of optimists/happy-clappers who berate anyone with a pertinent point that is in the form of a criticism. You just added to the demonisation of others.

That's the point I'm making. It was against people criticising about non valid points. As i say we'll see what transpires and how people react. Some already are....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:31 - Mar 13 with 947 viewsDJack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:23 - Mar 13 by Highjack

I’m sure most people could understand it but I’m not surprised you didn’t.

And there he is revealed. The poster who always says go for the post not the man.

What I actually wanted was for you to expand on your comment because on it's own it was a nothing burger of a comment but had the potential to be a discussion point but as ever you didn't disappoint...well, you did but I meant in the context of my expectation.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:33 - Mar 13 with 912 viewsNotLoyal

Matter of time the way we've started

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:35 - Mar 13 with 890 viewsFlashberryjack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:33 - Mar 13 by NotLoyal

It is I'm afraid, we can't string three passes together.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:35 - Mar 13 with 889 viewsthornabyswan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:31 - Mar 13 by DJack

And there he is revealed. The poster who always says go for the post not the man.

What I actually wanted was for you to expand on your comment because on it's own it was a nothing burger of a comment but had the potential to be a discussion point but as ever you didn't disappoint...well, you did but I meant in the context of my expectation.

Fulton needs to come on losing the midfield

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:36 - Mar 13 with 877 viewsDJack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:29 - Mar 13 by Chief

That's the point I'm making. It was against people criticising about non valid points. As i say we'll see what transpires and how people react. Some already are....

Who is the arbiter of what is and what is not valid?

Anyhoo, eyes on the game.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:36 - Mar 13 with 866 viewsmax936

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:33 - Mar 13 by NotLoyal

Been like that since we scored though and still we can't pick ourselves up, we'll be 2nd after this if we win, unbelievable

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:36 - Mar 13 with 879 viewsangryjack

Needs change system but he won't....nullified our wide men again
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:38 - Mar 13 with 850 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dreadful once again.When your team is consistently getting outplayed by an opposition team which is obviously far weaker in quality of player, it's not difficult to pin point who is to blame.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:40 - Mar 13 with 830 viewsCatullus

We need to consider changes. The centre backs as mentioned but either Dhanda or Houri too. They started off good but the game is swinging against us, Luton are working very hard, it's a matter of time before they get that final ball right.

We're not stippoing the crosses and we're dropping bak again, how about Whittaker for Dhanda and tell him to work the defence, stop them playing the ball short? Then in another 15, Lowe for Ayew?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:40 - Mar 13 with 827 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Hourihane has been poor again, hasn't he? And yet he's scored again...
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:42 - Mar 13 with 810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:09 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

More likely if we lose people will point at the changes and claim Cooper was right to run most of the first XI into the ground.

The standard of football we generally employ these days however is atrocious. It's not a surprise that a player of Hourihane's class is looking lost half the time.

Hourihane isn’t exactly helping himself sometimes though is he? He really needs to step up and start demanding the ball

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:42 - Mar 13 with 803 viewsDJack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:40 - Mar 13 by LittleEnglandJack

The conversations around CH are similar to those had about Gylfi.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:42 - Mar 13 with 801 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:40 - Mar 13 by LittleEnglandJack

He has. Now he is a waste of pace and needs to come off.

A luxury player but a lazy one

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:42 - Mar 13 with 805 viewsFlashberryjack

This is f*cking awful, changes need to be made NOW.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:43 - Mar 13 with 802 viewsChief

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:36 - Mar 13 by DJack

Who is the arbiter of what is and what is not valid?

Anyhoo, eyes on the game.

We all are based on our own opinions of other posts and the pattern of their posts.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:43 - Mar 13 with 802 viewsJohnw102

And that shot proves it. CH
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 13:44]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:43 - Mar 13 with 794 viewsDr_Parnassus

You can certainly see the squad issues Cooper is working with.

We have a right back at centre back, and while he is a solid player we get dominated in the air. Dhanda lacks are sort of ball retention skills and lacks any defensive steel. Ayew as good as he is, is not a striker - and certainly not a lone striker. The ball just doesn’t stick which means we turn over possession far to easy.

The moment we start rotating, the moment we start shoehorning and sacrificing. This squad is thin. Very very thin.

The rotation happens like many call for and within an hour they are begging for Cooper to change it.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 13:45]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:44 - Mar 13 with 790 viewsnantywatcher

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:40 - Mar 13 by Catullus

We need to consider changes. The centre backs as mentioned but either Dhanda or Houri too. They started off good but the game is swinging against us, Luton are working very hard, it's a matter of time before they get that final ball right.

We're not stippoing the crosses and we're dropping bak again, how about Whittaker for Dhanda and tell him to work the defence, stop them playing the ball short? Then in another 15, Lowe for Ayew?

Get the Cart Horse off and get Jay on PLEASE
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:44 - Mar 13 with 785 viewsonehunglow

Gret Dhanda off FFS man.

Embarrassing corners

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:45 - Mar 13 with 781 viewsNortbankboy

Teams have sussed us out.
Our wing backs good going forward but don't like to defend.
Pressing high up the field.
We need a big centre forward so we can lengthen the game sometimes.
I woue rather woodman just knock it long rather than try to pass to someone
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:45 - Mar 13 with 775 viewsHighjack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:43 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

You can certainly see the squad issues Cooper is working with.

We have a right back at centre back, and while he is a solid player we get dominated in the air. Dhanda lacks are sort of ball retention skills and lacks any defensive steel. Ayew as good as he is, is not a striker - and certainly not a lone striker. The ball just doesn’t stick which means we turn over possession far to easy.

The moment we start rotating, the moment we start shoehorning and sacrificing. This squad is thin. Very very thin.

The rotation happens like many call for and within an hour they are begging for Cooper to change it.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 13:45]

Yes which is why we’ve adopted this win at all costs mentality. It’s not pretty to watch but it’s got us to where we want to be.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:45 - Mar 13 with 775 viewsCatullus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:42 - Mar 13 by DJack

The conversations around CH are similar to those had about Gylfi.

How? Gylfi worked hard didn't he? Maybe my memory is completey shot but I don't remember anyone saying Gylfi unbalanced the team or hid?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:47 - Mar 13 with 739 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:45 - Mar 13 by Highjack

Yes which is why we’ve adopted this win at all costs mentality. It’s not pretty to watch but it’s got us to where we want to be.

Yep.

Around 10 games left, I couldn’t give a damn how we get the points. We just need to get them.

We have severe squad issues and people need to realise that. It’s incredible we find ourselves where we are.

Fulton and Lowe on which are good players to come on at this stage. A bit of steel and an out ball.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024