Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Sunday Aftermath 15:35 - Mar 10 with 11897 viewsNotLoyal

The hatters of Luton v the swans of Swansea, a game of football, eleven v eleven, game of two halves, different colour jerseys, one aim, victory.

Saturday March 13th 2021
The Championship
Kenilworth Road, Luton
Kick Off 12.15pm

Match Officials
DARREN BOND
Mark Russell and Robert Hyde
Fourth Official : Andy ‘Cooper’s mate’ Woolmer

Television and Wireless
SKY Sports LIVE
Swans TV

Flags, flags and more flags, it’s flag day

Luton manager Nathan Jones has been a bit of a problem for the swans over recent fixtures, he seems to save his best for this fixture. The swans won at the Liberty but it wasn’t pretty, in fact it wasn’t even ugly, it was worse than that. Coupled with the swans recent form, albeit seven points from nine, it’s still a worry if an out of form Swansea can get anything from this game. A change of form is needed. Quickly.

Nathan Jones has never made it easy for the swans - ever

Last time out
Luton lost at Norwich City 3-0, Swansea City drew at Blackburn Rovers.

Previously
Since 2004 the swans have won five out of the last fixtures in all competitions. Last season Swansea won 1-0 at Kenilworth Road, and Luton won 1-0 at the Liberty.

Swansea City v Luton Town
Games won: 20
Games drawn: 11
Games lost: 22

Luton Facts
The club was founded in 1885 and became the first professional team in southern England in 1891. Back then it was over a hundred years ago. The side was promoted to the top-flight in 1981—82 and won the 1987—88 League Cup Final with a 3—2 victory over Arsenal. The club stayed in the top division until 1992. Then they left. They have never played in the premier league.

Charles Arthur Salvador (formerly Charles Ali Ahmed; Bronson, born Michael Gordon Peterson
The man known as Charlie Bronson, Britain’s longest serving inmate ( 47 years currently )is from Luton, he is quite old now, 69 next birthday, but would still give a few millennials a right good kicking as long as there wasn’t more than five of them at a time. Bronson wrote the foreword to Tommy Robinson’s book about his hooligan endeavours. A bit like Cardiff City it should have been a three page pamphlet, the front and back Included. The middle page for a picture of Walter Mitty.

Charles Bronson amongst other names is as hard as a hard thing from hardshire

Luton’s Star Man
A Manchester United academy graduate, the 26-year-old brings a huge amount of Championship experience to Kenilworth Road, having spent a majority of his career in the second tier. After he made two appearances in the League Cup, Tunnicliffe left Old Trafford in 2014, having spent time on loan at Peterborough United, Barnsley and Ipswich Town, joining Fulham for an undisclosed fee in 2014. He spent three-and-a-half years there, again, heading out on loan, this time to Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Athletic. He joined Millwall in 2017, spending two-years there, before joining the Hatters in the summer. Tunnicliffe made 40 appearances during his first season at Kenilworth Road, scoring his one and only goal in the 1-0 away victory against Middlesborough. At nine years old, Ryan was playing for Manchester United’s youth teams, and his dad managed to get odds on 100-1 on his son featuring for the first team, which earned him £10,000 in 2012.

Running to the cliff, that’s Ryan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Pre Match and Teams 13th Mar 2021 11:20
It’s coming round every three to four days and that’s another fixture in the EFL Championship. The early kick off is Luton Town v Swansea City ( LIVE on SKY Sports kick off 12.15pm) The hatters are looking secure points to stave off a very unlikely relegation, whilst the swans, in the box seats for the automatics to the premier league are scrapping for points to aid their cause. 0

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, Dan Potts, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Matty Pearson (captain), Harry Cornick, Pelly Mpanzu, Jordan Clark, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Kai Naismith, James Bree, Elijah Adebayo.

Substitutes: James Shea, Martin Cranie, Luke Berry, Glen Rea, James Collins, Kazenga Lualua, Sam Nombe, Joe Morrell, Tom Ince.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Jamal Lowe, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Jake Bidwell, Kieron Freeman, Brandon Cooper, Ben Cabango.

A win !
Nothing to follow

[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 12:01]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:00 - Mar 13 with 852 viewsraynor94

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:56 - Mar 13 by Highjack

Did they have decent chances though? Apart from their offside goal they didn’t have any real clear opportunities. Couple of crosses flashed across and a few weak headers. There was nothing there really which anybody would have said “they should have scored there”. We had one chance which anybody would have been screaming if he hadn’t scored.

I’m not a massive fan of this park the bus stuff but today was fairly comfortable.

Cooper is the new Mourinho

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:03 - Mar 13 with 840 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:47 - Mar 13 by Catullus

No team can continue playing poorly week after week and keep winning.

Good luck could be winning when you don't deserve too, when the opposition have a string o decent chances but fail to convert them. It's hardly bad luck for us is it? It's not all about luck either, it's about performances and can you say we have played well this last 5 weeks?

We've worked hard yes but hard work by itself is often not enough in any sport, you need quality too and even a bit of luck here and there.

Look at the stats again today, we had 2 shots on target out of 8, Luton 5 on target out of 12. It's just as well stsats don't decide the result because the only thing Luton were worse than us at was being offside.

Doesn't our lack of total attempts bother anyone, let alone only 2 on target. We are massively over performing compared to the stats. It was pointed out earlier in the season.

You can ignore luck as much as you like but it plays it's part in everything.

Who says they deserved to win? And why?

What clear cut chances did they have? I don’t remember any chances they had where I thought the outcome was particularly unlucky on their part. Can you think of any?

Playing well is dependent on your criteria. Have we played traditionally “pretty football”? No. But you can play well by shutting down opposition too. A game isn’t just based on attack but also defence, which is a particular strength of this side.

Stats don’t mean anything. If floyd mayweather won 7 rounds against his opponent and then defended for the remaining 5, with his opponent swinging shots all over without damage or connection - the stats would show he fought very well. But did he? As I said, we got an early goal and invited them to break us down, relying on our strength. They couldn’t.

Of course that will lead to a lopsided stat sheet. But the fact is they couldn’t break us down and therefor we won.

Do you honestly think if we hadn’t scored within 5 mins we would have only had 2 shots on target? Don’t you see we adapt after a goal to go less attacking? It’s the very reason we have had nearly 20 clean sheets this season. It’s an incredible feat.

That’s not luck. You haven’t been able to pin point any luck for me to ignore as of yet. Where is the luck? Lucky that we have an excellent manager that sets his side out to be an incredibly good defensive unit?

That’s skill, not luck. Defence is something that is an art form, it’s not the school playground, it’s professional football. If you think in March we are 2nd due to luck then I’m not quite sure what to say.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 15:13]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:06 - Mar 13 with 820 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I didn't think Luton looked like scoring all day. I felt very comfortable in the final quarter of the game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:08 - Mar 13 with 807 viewsChief

And as i predicted and even got criticised for....

People are once again looking for things to be depressed and critical about.

- We're boring.
- We're lucky.
- We shout at refs.
- Our clean sheet keeper is a joke.
- They could have had penalties.

Any others?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:12 - Mar 13 with 783 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:08 - Mar 13 by Chief

- We're boring.
- We're lucky.
- We shout at refs.

Any others?

I’m sure there are more.

We run our players into the ground and need to rotate.

Then when we rotate and aren’t as good as a result, the players need to be changed NOW.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:14 - Mar 13 with 779 viewsChief

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:12 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m sure there are more.

We run our players into the ground and need to rotate.

Then when we rotate and aren’t as good as a result, the players need to be changed NOW.

Yea not much talk of Cooper's astute substitutions either.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:14 - Mar 13 with 778 viewsTreforys_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:58 - Mar 13 by AndyCole

It does, absolutely. And how sad is that.

They're tamping as we speak, frothing at the drop jawed mouth. It would be funny if it weren't so very sad, for them.

Why is your forum user name and avatar Andy Cole?
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:15 - Mar 13 with 768 viewsAndyCole

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:03 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

What clear cut chances did they have? I don’t remember any chances they had where I thought the outcome was particularly unlucky on their part. Can you think of any?

Playing well is dependent on your criteria. Have we played traditionally “pretty football”? No. But you can play well by shutting down opposition too. A game isn’t just based on attack but also defence, which is a particular strength of this side.

Stats don’t mean anything. If floyd mayweather won 7 rounds against his opponent and then defended for the remaining 5, with his opponent swinging shots all over without damage or connection - the stats would show he fought very well. But did he? As I said, we got an early goal and invited them to break us down, relying on our strength. They couldn’t.

Of course that will lead to a lopsided stat sheet. But the fact is they couldn’t break us down and therefor we won.

Do you honestly think if we hadn’t scored within 5 mins we would have only had 2 shots on target? Don’t you see we adapt after a goal to go less attacking? It’s the very reason we have had nearly 20 clean sheets this season. It’s an incredible feat.

That’s not luck. You haven’t been able to pin point any luck for me to ignore as of yet. Where is the luck? Lucky that we have an excellent manager that sets his side out to be an incredibly good defensive unit?

That’s skill, not luck. Defence is something that is an art form, it’s not the school playground, it’s professional football. If you think in March we are 2nd due to luck then I’m not quite sure what to say.

Indeed.

The less educated need to put some hard yards in to get up speed. It really isn't rocket science.

Keith took the trouble to post a fabulous article on our clever set-ups. Defensive, midfield, forward tranches. Some really ought to read it, digest and then post.

"atrocious" say some. No clue.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:17 - Mar 13 with 756 viewsjackrabbit

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:08 - Mar 13 by Chief

- We're boring.
- We're lucky.
- We shout at refs.

Any others?

I don’t like that blue kit - should’ve played in white - no clash.😙
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:18 - Mar 13 with 747 viewsAndyCole

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:00 - Mar 13 by raynor94

Cooper is the new Mourinho

Joking apart, we have definitely been emulating. If only we could afford a Kane or Bale.

Clever coaching, on a shoestring.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:21 - Mar 13 with 733 viewsTreforys_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:18 - Mar 13 by AndyCole

Joking apart, we have definitely been emulating. If only we could afford a Kane or Bale.

Clever coaching, on a shoestring.

Teams like Luton operate on a shoestring, We certainly don't.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:36 - Mar 13 with 689 viewsFlashberryjack

Fantastic performance we utterly dominated the game, well deserved 3 points.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:40 - Mar 13 with 673 viewsDJack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:51 - Mar 13 by Highjack

It ruins people’s Saturday when we win. This board will be quiet this afternoon but if we’d lost there’d be thread after thread of the same few posters regurgitating the same old nonsense.

Its "lots" & "absolutely gutted" I question. Plenty vent their spleen when we lose but "lots absolutely gutted" is something I don't believe to be accurate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:40 - Mar 13 with 670 viewsAndyCole

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:52 - Mar 13 by 34dfgdf54

Men vs boys.

Dear god you are the thickest person on here by a complete country mile.

You need to start qualifying these ongoing accusations. For you're own good, and for the good of a forum that doesn't tolerate ongoing abuse.

An opinion by someone as abusive washes way way over my head. But simply for your own sense of respect try harder at stating some facts. It's not difficult to engage the brain and think before you speak.

Incessantly spouting Cooper "Should Of", after the event is wearing a bit thin, surely, even for the unthinking, surely ? Take your time.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:46 - Mar 13 with 654 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:40 - Mar 13 by DJack

Its "lots" & "absolutely gutted" I question. Plenty vent their spleen when we lose but "lots absolutely gutted" is something I don't believe to be accurate.

That’s because nobody wants us to lose, everyone wants to go up. People have their right to express their opinions on our style of play etc but some criticism of individual players has been awful.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:52 - Mar 13 with 633 viewsChief

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:46 - Mar 13 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s because nobody wants us to lose, everyone wants to go up. People have their right to express their opinions on our style of play etc but some criticism of individual players has been awful.

Yea and also an awareness of what the alternative of the criticisms would bring.

Would we have had those crucial 3 points if we decided to open up and pile forward looking for more goals today for example? Doubt it.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 630 viewsnantywatcher

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:06 - Mar 13 by Joe_bradshaw

I didn't think Luton looked like scoring all day. I felt very comfortable in the final quarter of the game.

Yes - I chilled out as well as soon as Jay arrived on the scene
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:55 - Mar 13 with 624 viewspencoedjack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:03 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Top post.

I honestly believe some of our fans have no idea about football
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:59 - Mar 13 with 609 viewsDJack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:46 - Mar 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Thus it ever was. you've been on the boards a year or two longer than I and when was it ever not evident that some posters saw no benefit, whatever, in certain players. However, that does not translate lots of fans unhappy that we win.

Shoot, I moan... a lot but there is no way that I'm EVER unhappy with gaining points. The manner in which we do i may have issues with but the fact that we got them, no. Additionally, when I agree with posters I either say nothing or uparrow them as i don't get a throbber showing off my tactical brilliance or love for the Swans and post to demonstrate that. i suspect that there are a few on ego trips on here.

Posters who decree that those whose opinion may contain negativity are against the board and it's ethos are spouting nonsence. Keith decides what is acceptable and he has informed us all on many occasions. Simples.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:07 - Mar 13 with 567 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:40 - Mar 13 by DJack

Lots vent their spleen when we win too.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:22 - Mar 13 with 525 viewsthornabyswan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:07 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Which is odd I honestly think a few would prefer us to fail just so they can say I told you so.

Not many thankfully but to be in this position with just 10 games to go is a fantastic achievement by everyone connected to the club.

Yes we are dogged and not a great watch but 6 defeats in 36 is good going no matter what you think of Cooper or certain players.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:23 - Mar 13 with 522 viewsswancity

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 15:14 - Mar 13 by Chief

Yea not much talk of Cooper's astute substitutions either.

Yes he changed Dhanda and Hourihane for Fulton and Lowe at just the right time and from that point we rarely looked like conceding while we got forward a bit more. That was a very good win against dangerous opponents to be fair. 👏

Credit again to SC. Although his choice of coffee for breakfast and not tea this morning was disgraceful and showed his inexperience. 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:29 - Mar 13 with 504 viewsonehunglow

At this moments ,othercresults going our way too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:32 - Mar 13 with 500 viewsFlashberryjack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:07 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I have a moan if we play terrible and win, I'm always gutted when we lose (not quite so if we play well).

I'm absolutely over the moon when we win and play well (unfortunately that doesn't happen very often).

But, I was a ST holder in our vetch days, a ST holder since we moved to the Liberty, and I've already bought my ST for next season, which kind of gives me the right to have a few moans along the way.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 16:47 - Mar 13 with 470 viewsmax936

Well said Brynnie, anyway its been a good day, Swans won and Wales won. `

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024