Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk 18:27 - Jun 5 with 11128 viewsGlyn1

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-05/ford-to-close-bridgend-engine-plant-itv-news

and

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jun/05/ford-planning-to-close-bridgend
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 18:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 20:39 - Jun 5 with 1502 viewstrinityann

It's a sign of tough economic times, most major companies from arrange sectors are reducing their work force. Retail is having a hard time at the moment and briefly read something today about BT making cuts.

Workers at the moment does not have the extra cash in back pocket to keep the economy ticking over. Most workers are in survival mode and just getting the essentials.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 20:55 - Jun 5 with 1457 viewsAndy1300

I used to work at Dura Shifter Systems in Bynea, we made gear shift cables for most car manufacturers.

They closed the facility to make the cables cheaper in Easter Europe, that was in 2006, way before Brexit was even thought of.

The EU give bungs to other countries, just like they have with JLR I believe.

Number 1 team in Wales

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 21:03 - Jun 5 with 1435 viewsladyjack

Thatcher and Blair have ruined the country, its the younger generation and generations to come I feel sorry for.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 21:21 - Jun 5 with 1396 viewsmajorraglan

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 20:14 - Jun 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

It is worth noting that despite the WAG, the EU and Parliament , West Wales is the most deprived area in Northern Europe and was before the Brexit thing.

And it just happens to be that our infrastructure in West Wales is some of the poorest in the UK and Europe.
I am all for preserving the environment and ecology and I do my bit, but I also believe that you have to have a decent infrastructure if you want stimulate economic growth and increase prosperity. In parts of Europe, the improvement of the infrastructure has led to significant improvements in economic development. It’s a shocking decision.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 21:43 - Jun 5 with 1358 viewspencoedjack

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 21:21 - Jun 5 by majorraglan

And it just happens to be that our infrastructure in West Wales is some of the poorest in the UK and Europe.
I am all for preserving the environment and ecology and I do my bit, but I also believe that you have to have a decent infrastructure if you want stimulate economic growth and increase prosperity. In parts of Europe, the improvement of the infrastructure has led to significant improvements in economic development. It’s a shocking decision.

Expect the announcement about the new tram system to go ahead in C*****f before the end of the year.

But

West / North Wales will continue to vote Labour
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 21:53 - Jun 5 with 1335 viewsdickythorpe

Vote Plaid. Adam Price will try to gain here.
Drakeford is not the man to lead this country whilst his party is leaking support.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 1305 viewsmonmouth

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 19:18 - Jun 5 by Pegojack

Rather a strange statement. I imagine European parliament MPs hate Farage and his merry bunch of fruitcakes, and with good reason. Can't say I've detected any hate for Britain in any othet quarter though. What do you mean exactly, Butt?

Well, obviously all your new Spanish friends have been pissing in your sponge before they leave Mike. :)

This is terrible news.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 1280 viewsjack2jack

Disaster for Bridgend and the wider area.
Feel sorry for all those affected.
Login to get fewer ads

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 22:53 - Jun 5 with 1232 viewslonglostjack

Terrible news. On the same day Volkswagen has agreed a 10 year job guarantee deal with the Unions. That’s a strategic industrial policy . When on earth will the UK wake up from their delusional Brexit dream and face reality. Thatcher’s vision has been a disaster. Companies may be global but it’s still important where the HQ is and decisions are made. Costa , Pret A Manger , Amazon , Subway , Starbucks ,Cafe Nero .....
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 22:58]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 23:01 - Jun 5 with 1210 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 18:55 - Jun 5 by ladyjack

''I now look at how lucky a certain generation were to be born at a certain time cos the young un's and upcoming school leaving generation are left with mere crumbs of what went before. ''

Exactly, I have no time for lots of the generation that had it so good and knowingly voted Thatcher and Blair, it was sheer greed.

It’s all very well blaming people for voting Blair into power but the only viable alternative governments would have been led by John Major, William Hague and Michael Howard.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 23:14 - Jun 5 with 1197 viewsLeonWasGod

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 18:50 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

The sands are running out on the internal combustion engine, mate. The era is coming to an end.

Whist that’s true, those in the industry or those who know people in the industry know that the threat of Brexit is causing problems. It’s part of the landscape and is a factor in decision making.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 23:20 - Jun 5 with 1181 viewssherpajacob

Leavers can't deny its connected to brexit, their chief economist says it's an essential part of brexit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1056284403582885894

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 23:21 - Jun 5 with 1174 viewsblaenaugwentjack

TATA Port Talbot next.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 06:55 - Jun 6 with 1069 viewsBatterseajack

Are any companies moving to the U.K. to take advantage of Brexit?
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 07:23 - Jun 6 with 1052 viewsKilkennyjack

Feck this Tory Brexit 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 07:38 - Jun 6 with 1033 viewsmagicdaps10

Bridgend ford is closing with the plan to relocate to Mexico as it is cheaper to employ people there and cheaper for external contracts.

Even if we were to remain in the EU, they would still leave as it is cheaper for them in many aspects......it has nothing to do with brexit regardless of what you read.

Think about it, why would a US company pull out of the Uk due to brexit and not relocate to the US? Why Mexico?
This country really is getting "I am higher up the ladder therefore know better" attitude......no wonder the other European countries don't like us(allegedly).

Brexit is guilty of many things but this is not one. It gripes me that people come on here blaming brexit for this.........ignorance really is bliss.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 07:41 - Jun 6 with 1031 viewsmagicdaps10

Why pay £50 for an item when you can get the same item for £30.

Same rule applies for wages!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 08:05 - Jun 6 with 999 viewsKilkennyjack

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 07:38 - Jun 6 by magicdaps10

Bridgend ford is closing with the plan to relocate to Mexico as it is cheaper to employ people there and cheaper for external contracts.

Even if we were to remain in the EU, they would still leave as it is cheaper for them in many aspects......it has nothing to do with brexit regardless of what you read.

Think about it, why would a US company pull out of the Uk due to brexit and not relocate to the US? Why Mexico?
This country really is getting "I am higher up the ladder therefore know better" attitude......no wonder the other European countries don't like us(allegedly).

Brexit is guilty of many things but this is not one. It gripes me that people come on here blaming brexit for this.........ignorance really is bliss.

The Leave.EU campaign told voters to vote leave to stop this closure. Specifically.

You need to draw a line in the sand and move on, not bury your head in the sand.

This closure - like many others- is Brexit related.
The timing should tell you that.

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 08:22 - Jun 6 with 978 viewsJango

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 20:30 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

The site is being planned to go to Mexico where business rates, wages and external contracts will be that much cheaper.....plenty of other companies will struggle with this locally as contracts will not be honoured/fulfilled.

Workers there have been informed by a Q&A today that it has nothing to do with Brexit despite what will be said in the press.......to appease the annoyance of greed just blame brexit!!!!! The toffs and modern day thinking youth will believe it all day long.

They are lying Daps. Lisa said so.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 08:37 - Jun 6 with 940 viewsKilkennyjack

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 08:22 - Jun 6 by Jango

They are lying Daps. Lisa said so.

More lies ?

Or could Brexit just be a dumb ass idea ?

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 08:42 - Jun 6 with 932 viewsKilkennyjack

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 07:38 - Jun 6 by magicdaps10

It. Is. Related. To. Brexit.

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

It does not matter how much you want it not to be related, it is.
Obviously is.

Wheres all the ‘sunlight uplands’ then ?
You know the ones with unicorns on... 🦄

You have been had.

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 09:02 - Jun 6 with 903 viewsNeath_Jack

Terrible week for Wales and it’s people.

This means even more people having to go over the bridge to seek a decent wage. Even more congestion around Newport. More and more businesses will refuse to set up here due to the transport network. As someone else further up says, Tata will be next.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 09:02 - Jun 6 with 904 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 08:37 - Jun 6 by Kilkennyjack

More lies ?

Or could Brexit just be a dumb ass idea ?

High street sales have plummeted for years.

There's a little thing called the internet, through which people are buying things cheaper.
Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 09:03 - Jun 6 with 903 viewsYossarian

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 18:38 - Jun 5 by DafyddHuw

And the Leavers will say that this has nothing to do with Brexit

The truth of the matter is that the uncertainty over Brexit is one factor, but only one of many other factors, some of which are far more relevant and affect other countries to a much greater extent. The Brexit factor would have been alleviated if Parliament had decided to collectively implement the will of the people to implement a decision willingly derogated to them. So it is rather rich to see those in Parliament pontificating about this issue, safely insulated from its consequences, and who did more than anyone else to exacerbate its effects.
If we had imaginative, visionary leadership in the WAG and at Westminster, there should be a collective effort to implement a new British car industry, solely devoted to electrical vehicles- and ensure Britain is ahead of the curve in the transition to this new technology. This is the ultimate source of the issue and it is disappointing to see everyone (especially the discredited political class) pointing fingers and blaming everyone else, rather than thinking of a plan to save jobs and develop new opportunities for our workforce around the country.
I am left to think, on this day, how on earth would we have got off the D-Day beaches with this mindset? We’d have all stood around blaming each other and deserve the inevitable fate. As a country, we’ve got to get off our knees and stop feeling dependent on others it’s up to us as a Nation, and the sad thing is that some don’t want to face up to the challenges ahead.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 09:18 - Jun 6 with 883 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Ford planning to close the Bridgend plant - 1,500 jobs at risk on 18:38 - Jun 5 by DafyddHuw

And the Leavers will say that this has nothing to do with Brexit

Terrible, but it's down to electric cars!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024