Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68821 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:21 - Jun 10 with 3336 viewsTailGunner

Welcome to Swansea City Steve & good luck.
Onwards
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:33 - Jun 10 with 3216 viewsmajorraglan

It’s certainly a left field appointment and an interesting one at that. He’s coached at Wrexham, Liverpool prior to taking over the Academy worked for the FA and then went on to manage their Under 16 and under 17 sides.
I don’t really know what to make of it all, he’s not managed anything but kids, but some of those he’s been involved with are very bright young talents. I am hoping that he will work with the youngsters and also show a keen interest in how the Academy is being run.

I really hope he’s given some backing and support, expecting him to do it with just kids is a big ask. Let’s hope those who are in our academy will be spurred on by this, and, some of the big teams will be prepared to trust him with their talents on loan.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:34 - Jun 10 with 3199 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:33 - Jun 10 by majorraglan

It’s certainly a left field appointment and an interesting one at that. He’s coached at Wrexham, Liverpool prior to taking over the Academy worked for the FA and then went on to manage their Under 16 and under 17 sides.
I don’t really know what to make of it all, he’s not managed anything but kids, but some of those he’s been involved with are very bright young talents. I am hoping that he will work with the youngsters and also show a keen interest in how the Academy is being run.

I really hope he’s given some backing and support, expecting him to do it with just kids is a big ask. Let’s hope those who are in our academy will be spurred on by this, and, some of the big teams will be prepared to trust him with their talents on loan.

We once had a manager who looked after Cradley Heath. I'll leave you work out the rest.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:36 - Jun 10 with 3163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:34 - Jun 10 by sainthelens

We once had a manager who looked after Cradley Heath. I'll leave you work out the rest.

I don’t think Kevin Cullis and an England World Cup winning coach are on the same playing field

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:36 - Jun 10 with 3162 viewsSwanjaxs

Welcome to the mad house SC 🙈👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:40 - Jun 10 with 3135 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:36 - Jun 10 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t think Kevin Cullis and an England World Cup winning coach are on the same playing field

Jesus wept...England world cup winning coach. Glad you approve.
I'll wish him well cos it's what "We " do. But this smacks of a total shambles.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:42 - Jun 10 with 3095 viewsBadlands

TBH I'd rather see him taking over the academy and let Toshack take over the senior team. Toshack's influence coincided with improved results when he assisted managers in the past and has worked with players who are nearer senior standards than Cooper.
His attitude strikes me as being like Bradley but a bully with it - OK for kids but grown ups?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 10 with 3081 viewsTenbySwan

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:28 - Jun 10 by NotLoyal

Couldn't we just employ Frank Burrows and get him to stare at Kaplan and Levien until they fück off ?

Just an idea.

I remember years ago sitting near the dugout and he put a sub on but someone took the wrong player off.

He stared deathly at everyone for 10 minutes with a face like thunder. Everyone was frightened to shift ! 🤣
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 10 with 3063 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:40 - Jun 10 by sainthelens

Jesus wept...England world cup winning coach. Glad you approve.
I'll wish him well cos it's what "We " do. But this smacks of a total shambles.

Who else wants the job? Nobody! He’s the best choice , a young manager with a lot to prove. It’s the kind of appointment we are renowned for making let’s get behind him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 10 with 3068 viewsSwanjaxs

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:36 - Jun 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Only one managed a professional club at senior level though (briefly) ... underwhelming... 💚

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:44 - Jun 10 with 3064 viewsFireboy2

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:10 - Jun 10 by BLAZE

The only thing they'd have added to the process is the fee for their first class tickets each way. Leave the f*ckers where they are and let Birch sort their mess out, I say

This ^ big style.

Leave birch and the new manager to make the football decisions.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 10 with 3031 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Who else wants the job? Nobody! He’s the best choice , a young manager with a lot to prove. It’s the kind of appointment we are renowned for making let’s get behind him.

We'll probably never know who else wanted it.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 10 with 3025 viewstheloneranger

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-set-appo

WoL states ... "Reports have suggested Cooper will bring in Mike Smith as an assistant."

I hope to fvck not ... He's 81 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 10 with 2887 viewsthornabyswan

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 10 by theloneranger

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-set-appo

WoL states ... "Reports have suggested Cooper will bring in Mike Smith as an assistant."

Marsh not Smith

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 10 with 2867 viewsjackrmee

Very well said. This could galvanise the youth

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:02 - Jun 10 with 2856 viewsfrancos16

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 10 by theloneranger

Appointment confirmed on Sky Sports . Frightening
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:06 - Jun 10 with 2810 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea see him as a coach.

DOF wont be far behind then.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:17 - Jun 10 with 2681 viewsthornabyswan

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:06 - Jun 10 by magicdaps10

Swansea see him as a coach.

DOF wont be far behind then.

That's Birch isn't it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:24 - Jun 10 with 2586 viewsQJumpingJack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:42 - Jun 10 by Badlands

TBH I'd rather see him taking over the academy and let Toshack take over the senior team. Toshack's influence coincided with improved results when he assisted managers in the past and has worked with players who are nearer senior standards than Cooper.
His attitude strikes me as being like Bradley but a bully with it - OK for kids but grown ups?

There is no way Cooper would walk out of England U17s for the Swans Academy.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:36 - Jun 10 with 2465 viewskarnataka

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:47 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

“Ever since they started to offer free coffee in here it has been like a bloody soup kitchen.“

I genuinely heard this 2 women conversation behind me in a queue in Lidl:

'How's you new car?'
'oh, It's great'
'We're thinking of getting a new one, Derek fancies one of them 'Kwosh Kways' [phonetic spelling]

I actually laughed out loud and the guy on the checkout was still giggling as I was walking away.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:36 - Jun 10 with 2461 viewsJinxy

In Birch we have no option than to trust I suppose. Didn't he ensure we funded our academy status (not sure what exactly)? Ties in with Cooper's appointment perhaps.

It stabilises the club, which is good, and I for one hope Birch is in it for the longer game, given his shares in the club (I understand that's part of his contract?) and expectation to see those shares increase in price. Every new season brings challenges - can't wait now actually.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:44 - Jun 10 with 2373 viewsfrancos16

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:36 - Jun 10 by Jinxy

In Birch we have no option than to trust I suppose. Didn't he ensure we funded our academy status (not sure what exactly)? Ties in with Cooper's appointment perhaps.

It stabilises the club, which is good, and I for one hope Birch is in it for the longer game, given his shares in the club (I understand that's part of his contract?) and expectation to see those shares increase in price. Every new season brings challenges - can't wait now actually.

What are the odds on him getting jettisoned by the end of November ? Im having a nifty . IMO completely out of his depth
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:11 - Jun 10 with 2177 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe Cooper is an easy / cheap option.
If the club is up for sale, new owners may want to bring in their own manager and it will be easy for them to dispose of Cooper if he is not the man they want.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:15 - Jun 10 with 2146 viewsjack2jack

Oh, Ok, great!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:17 - Jun 10 with 2117 viewsHeadmaster

Interesting post, worth a read:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024