Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Vaulks 00:15 - May 8 with 21163 viewsParsSwans

Will be a Swan next season heard it here first
Will Vaulks on 00:17 - May 8 with 9988 viewsSwanjaxs

Depressing...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Will Vaulks on 00:48 - May 8 with 9946 viewsParsSwans

Good box to box midfielder will compliment the quartet we have vying for those spots well next season done well in a struggling team will add bite to our midfield good signing to be made here
Will Vaulks on 04:09 - May 8 with 9847 viewsMagic_Michu

Very good player

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Will Vaulks on 05:31 - May 8 with 9810 viewsjasper_T

Hope not. Doesn't fit the style of football at all, would do much better at a Stoke or Boro-type side.
Will Vaulks on 06:12 - May 8 with 9761 viewsChief

7 goals and 7 assists is not to be sniffed at for a guy who's more known for his defensive work. He can play a bit. Decent realistic signing in my opinion.

OP - any actual basis for this rumour or did you just see that tweet from Swansea beat?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Will Vaulks on 06:33 - May 8 with 9733 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Will Vaulks on 05:31 - May 8 by jasper_T

Hope not. Doesn't fit the style of football at all, would do much better at a Stoke or Boro-type side.

With Potter coaching him - why not? He seems to have made an impact on just about every outfield player we have this season. Don’t judge the player by the style his team plays in, they’re under orders to play that way.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Will Vaulks on 06:47 - May 8 with 9715 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Will Vaulks on 00:48 - May 8 by ParsSwans

Good box to box midfielder will compliment the quartet we have vying for those spots well next season done well in a struggling team will add bite to our midfield good signing to be made here

I just read a BBC article about him where his manager describes him as a leader on and off the pitch. By f*ck could we do with one of those! Imposing physically too, he’d be a good fit for us.

Will Vaulks on 06:52 - May 8 with 9702 viewsjasper_T

Will Vaulks on 06:33 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

With Potter coaching him - why not? He seems to have made an impact on just about every outfield player we have this season. Don’t judge the player by the style his team plays in, they’re under orders to play that way.

What do you judge players by, then?

He's got a good long throw, takes a lot of shots and is a poor passer for a midfield player. We've got a team of short players and play patient possession football and one-touch counters.

The midfield players that have come good this season were all seen as talented technical footballers before this season. Grimes, Byers, McBurnie etc. We have to recruit sensibly for the style of football we play or it's going to lead to more expensive disasters.
Login to get fewer ads

Will Vaulks on 07:01 - May 8 with 9680 viewsDr_Winston

Piano movers, piano players etc.

A bit of drive and aggression in midfield we need. Might not get bullied out of games so often then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will Vaulks on 07:08 - May 8 with 9644 viewssainthelens

You mean we are actually spending money???
Will Vaulks on 07:13 - May 8 with 9622 viewsTailGunner

Will Vaulks on 07:01 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

A bit of drive and aggression in midfield we need. Might not get bullied out of games so often then.

Good analysis there, Shanks comment which has stood the test of time.

Darren Pratley. Excelled under Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers....

Vaulks is playing as instructed by his gaffer.
As he would here.

Depressing to fear a league one player is probably out of our price range though...
Will Vaulks on 07:13 - May 8 with 9630 viewsSwansea93

Valued at 675K

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Will Vaulks on 07:20 - May 8 with 9617 viewsjasper_T

Will Vaulks on 07:01 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Grimes had the 4th most tackles in the division this season. Playing for a team that regularly dominates the ball. Surprisingly Byers tackling stats were almost as good as Fer's (1.5 per game compared to 1.6). Sometimes think fans want players that look tough more than they want ones that are effective.

I don't see Potter compromising on Plan A in order to get a few Plan B bruisers in the team. That's what destroyed us in the PL.
Will Vaulks on 07:20 - May 8 with 9609 viewsdickythorpe

Has to be better than some of the lost causes we have at the moment.
Hope it's true.
Will Vaulks on 07:20 - May 8 with 9614 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Will Vaulks on fire! Your defence is terrified...
Will Vaulks on 07:27 - May 8 with 9581 viewsmagicdaps10

Has a stigma has a bit of a dog but is a very good player technically. Think he would suit the way we play very nicely if true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Will Vaulks on 07:35 - May 8 with 9557 viewsbluey_the_blue

Will Vaulks on 06:52 - May 8 by jasper_T

What do you judge players by, then?

He's got a good long throw, takes a lot of shots and is a poor passer for a midfield player. We've got a team of short players and play patient possession football and one-touch counters.

The midfield players that have come good this season were all seen as talented technical footballers before this season. Grimes, Byers, McBurnie etc. We have to recruit sensibly for the style of football we play or it's going to lead to more expensive disasters.

Your second sentence seems to indicate he'd be more suited to us then...
Will Vaulks on 07:42 - May 8 with 9529 viewstrinityann

One of the few standout performers from an away side this season at the Liberty.
Will Vaulks on 07:53 - May 8 with 9484 views34dfgdf54

Will Vaulks on 07:35 - May 8 by bluey_the_blue

Your second sentence seems to indicate he'd be more suited to us then...

And that's exactly where he's going from what I've heard.
Will Vaulks on 08:00 - May 8 with 9457 viewsbluey_the_blue

Will Vaulks on 07:53 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

And that's exactly where he's going from what I've heard.

I'd not be surprised. Might be wrong, but think he was at Rotherham when Warnock was manager there. Sounds like a direct replacement for Gunnarsson.
Will Vaulks on 08:46 - May 8 with 9333 viewsDr_Winston

Will Vaulks on 07:20 - May 8 by jasper_T

Grimes had the 4th most tackles in the division this season. Playing for a team that regularly dominates the ball. Surprisingly Byers tackling stats were almost as good as Fer's (1.5 per game compared to 1.6). Sometimes think fans want players that look tough more than they want ones that are effective.

I don't see Potter compromising on Plan A in order to get a few Plan B bruisers in the team. That's what destroyed us in the PL.

As generally the deepest lying midfielder in one as weak as ours was for much of this season Grimes' tackling stats don't surprise me.

We need someone willing/able to pick up the pace in midfield. To drive the ball forward themselves if needs be. A box to box type certainly wouldn't do any damage to Plan A. Didn't when Fer was on his game this season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will Vaulks on 09:03 - May 8 with 9283 viewsalibaba

Will Vaulks on 08:46 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

As generally the deepest lying midfielder in one as weak as ours was for much of this season Grimes' tackling stats don't surprise me.

We need someone willing/able to pick up the pace in midfield. To drive the ball forward themselves if needs be. A box to box type certainly wouldn't do any damage to Plan A. Didn't when Fer was on his game this season.

A Ryan Woods-type player. GP was obviously keen to add this type in g player to the squad is likely to be a replace for Fer on much lower wages
Will Vaulks on 10:05 - May 8 with 9125 viewsBytholWyn

I agree very strongly with the gist of your argument, but the times I've seen Vaulks play this season he may be a more accomplished player than you're giving him credit for. But on the face of it he isn't an obvious fit for our style of play and is far more likely to end up at Cardiff than ourselves.

Talking of Cardiff, I think there's a much bigger chance of us signing Cardiff youth product Tom Lockyear. Captain of Bristol Rovers and available on a free. Capped by Wales so I'm guessing he must have some quality. If VDH leaves could he be the replacement? https://tbrfootball.com/nottingham-forest-tom-lockyer/
Will Vaulks on 10:07 - May 8 with 9120 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Reality proved to be different though. Grimes may very well have made a huge number of tackles, chiefly because at times we were under the cosh against bigger/more physical teams. Vaulks along with Grimes would have been a superb combination against some of those teams, especially away from home . His leadership skills are something else we’re crying out for also.

Will Vaulks on 10:12 - May 8 with 9102 viewstheloneranger

So you wouldn't have Ferrie Bodde in your team ??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024