Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 23957 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 19:07 - Apr 30 with 585 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:05 - Apr 30 by exiledclaseboy

It’s because more tests are being carried out. Hospital numbers and deaths are thankfully both falling.

Edit - I see Lisa got there first.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hospital numbers, admissions, ICU and deaths are all now falling quite quickly. Thank God.
Have the government failed? on 19:13 - Apr 30 with 567 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 19:01 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

How can you still not understand that the more tests that are done, the more positives there will be and that it doesn’t mean more people are infected?

I don’t get how you can’t understand that.

The last graph i saw regarding more testing, showed that those testing positive was staying the same and that those showing negative were increasing.If someone has an updated one, let's see it. If admissions etc are going down then great
[Post edited 30 Apr 19:14]
Have the government failed? on 19:20 - Apr 30 with 549 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:13 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

The last graph i saw regarding more testing, showed that those testing positive was staying the same and that those showing negative were increasing.If someone has an updated one, let's see it. If admissions etc are going down then great
[Post edited 30 Apr 19:14]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW3s0REXYAIuf3x?format=jpg&name=large

Positive tests now 11% ish. Has been as high as 40% plus.
Have the government failed? on 19:27 - Apr 30 with 526 viewsLeonWasGod

Have the government failed? on 19:20 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

If that's right, then fair play to the Govt on ramping up the tests. I know it's way below the target, but still, there's been a big jump in numbers over the last few days. Even better if they're testing and tracing agan, but I';m not sure if that's happening.

Wales has been getting a bit of stick for only allowing tests for key workers. Must admit I've switched off over the last couple of weeks as we're having hell of a time getting a grips with the Covid-19 disruption in work and I can't bear to deal with it after hours too. So, is Wales dealing with this any differently to other parts of the UK does anyone know? Are England doing tests on more than key workers or testing and tracing?
Have the government failed? on 19:34 - Apr 30 with 516 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 10:17 - Apr 30 by WarwickHunt

Saying you’re as thick as mince is insulting to meat. Fûcking dickbrained twàt.

*bite* moron.

😂😂😂

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 19:41 - Apr 30 with 506 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 19:20 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

Positive cases are staying roughly the same, but negative ones are rising, hence the percentage of positives dropping.It's all that is being accomplished is ascertaining that more are testing negative.
Have the government failed? on 20:12 - Apr 30 with 482 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 19:41 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

Positive cases are staying roughly the same, but negative ones are rising, hence the percentage of positives dropping.It's all that is being accomplished is ascertaining that more are testing negative.

Yes, and that means it’s very good news.

You realise that? A bigger percentage of negatives means good.

Sigh.

Have the government failed? on 20:14 - Apr 30 with 480 viewsKilkennyjack

Lions led by donkeys.

Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 20:24 - Apr 30 with 463 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 20:14 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Lions led by donkeys.

Are deaths in care homes included by Italy or Spain? Have Germany started including any deaths without testing when alive or via post mortem or started performing post mortem testing on people as yet?
Have the government failed? on 20:28 - Apr 30 with 457 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 20:12 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

Yes, and that means it’s very good news.

You realise that? A bigger percentage of negatives means good.

Sigh.

No it doesn't, it just means those who don't have it have been tested when they wouldn't have been tested before.

The percentage is irrelevant
Have the government failed? on 20:38 - Apr 30 with 450 viewsexiledclaseboy

Have the government failed? on 20:28 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

No it doesn't, it just means those who don't have it have been tested when they wouldn't have been tested before.

Say what now?

Poll: Tory leader

Have the government failed? on 20:48 - Apr 30 with 438 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 20:28 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

No. The percentage and number of tests are everything.

Look, the number infected in this country is many multiples of the number who’ve had tests.

A million, maybe several million, who knows. The more tests the more are picked up, it doesn’t mean the number of people infected is going up. They’re coming down.

If we tested 10 people and 9 of them were positive there would be an increase of 9 that day. Would that be good?
Have the government failed? on 21:14 - Apr 30 with 402 viewsLeonWasGod

Have the government failed? on 20:24 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

Are deaths in care homes included by Italy or Spain? Have Germany started including any deaths without testing when alive or via post mortem or started performing post mortem testing on people as yet?

Saw this yesterday that was focussing on the change in how we're reporting deaths. Second chart (newer version) has a key that says Italy includes care homes, Spain they're not sure. Not sure what Germany are up to.

Have the government failed? on 21:40 - Apr 30 with 393 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 21:14 - Apr 30 by LeonWasGod

Saw this yesterday that was focussing on the change in how we're reporting deaths. Second chart (newer version) has a key that says Italy includes care homes, Spain they're not sure. Not sure what Germany are up to.

The newer version shows us as behind Italy and Spain per million. Worse than France which I guess you’d expect given the relative population and size of country.
Germany, who knows.

This is the problem, it’s impossible to compare.

The real question is whether the utterly appalling levels of death in the UK could have been lower due to enforcing lockdown at a different stage, or any other government action.

I’m not certain anyone knows.

We can all say as a statement of fact that testing has been a shambles until the last few days or so, and PPE has been all over the place (we don’t know whether that’s a fault or a shortage for everyone). Also that care homes seem, to me at least, to have been an afterthought, albeit it’s been a consistent problem everywhere. It’s hard to say it’s due to years of underfunding of the NHS since there hasn’t been a point where capacity has been breached. Is that to do with the care homes issue and people not going in to hospital? Don’t know,

I suspect we won’t know for quite some time how we really compare to everyone else. What’s really important is that there’s a detailed, independent inquiry to tell us.
Have the government failed? on 21:45 - Apr 30 with 383 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 20:48 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

No. The percentage and number of tests are everything.

Look, the number infected in this country is many multiples of the number who’ve had tests.

A million, maybe several million, who knows. The more tests the more are picked up, it doesn’t mean the number of people infected is going up. They’re coming down.

If we tested 10 people and 9 of them were positive there would be an increase of 9 that day. Would that be good?

That's not what is happening though, The same amount of cases are showing positive regardless of the number of tests taken

I agree about the unknown though, it's many times greater, but hopefully they are those with mild symptoms
Have the government failed? on 21:54 - Apr 30 with 371 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 21:45 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

That's not what is happening though, The same amount of cases are showing positive regardless of the number of tests taken

I agree about the unknown though, it's many times greater, but hopefully they are those with mild symptoms

Which means that the percentage of positive people is decreasing.

That’s good news.

Have the government failed? on 22:05 - Apr 30 with 359 viewsDr_Winston

"No Dougal. This cow is small. Those ones are far away..."

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 22:05 - Apr 30 with 359 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 20:24 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

The slide was part of the government slide pack today.
I did not make it up.

Shirley even this clown Tory government would not put up a slide specifically and only showing the relative performances of other countries, if you ..... well ....cannot draw a safe comparison between the countries shown.

Even i don't think they are that bloody useless.

Have the government failed? on 22:13 - Apr 30 with 352 viewsexiledclaseboy

Have the government failed? on 22:05 - Apr 30 by Dr_Winston

Poll: Tory leader

Have the government failed? on 22:14 - Apr 30 with 350 viewsmonmouth

Have the government failed? on 22:05 - Apr 30 by Dr_Winston

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have the government failed? on 22:32 - Apr 30 with 321 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 20:14 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Lions led by donkeys.

Shit lazy journalist led by overly simplistic graphs more like.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 23:11 - Apr 30 with 298 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 22:32 - Apr 30 by Highjack

Shit lazy journalist led by overly simplistic graphs more like.

Firstly lets be clear that Carole is a woman.
I know you often struggle with gender.

Secondly its a slide from the governments own slide pack.
It specifically and only shows countries for the purposes of comparison.
So people are using it for the purpose of comparison.

Thats about it really.
[Post edited 30 Apr 23:11]

Have the government failed? on 23:19 - Apr 30 with 290 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 23:11 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Firstly lets be clear that Carole is a woman.
I know you often struggle with gender.

Secondly its a slide from the governments own slide pack.
It specifically and only shows countries for the purposes of comparison.
So people are using it for the purpose of comparison.

Thats about it really.
[Post edited 30 Apr 23:11]

She says “what wasn’t mentioned is what it shows” even though there’s a description written on it explaining what it shows.

Seriously man. Question things.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 08:44 - May 1 with 214 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 23:19 - Apr 30 by Highjack

She says “what wasn’t mentioned is what it shows” even though there’s a description written on it explaining what it shows.

Seriously man. Question things.

Especially things from Cadwalladr.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 10:26 - May 1 with 183 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 21:54 - Apr 30 by londonlisa2001

Which means that the percentage of positive people is decreasing.

That’s good news.

We have done just a third of the tests that France, has, yet me have more cases and we are not far behind Italy.So if we had done the same amount of testing as they have our figures would be through the roof. As i stated; shocking figures today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020