Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 27684 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 16:53 - May 7 with 650 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 16:42 - May 7 by controversial_jack

The Uk is only the 51st most densely populated country, yet it has the second most deaths, so i'm not sure that can be a contributory factor

Yes but most densely populated countries only have a tiny population. For example Gibraltar (not a country I know) is considered densely populated but it has a population smaller than Neath.

Whereas the likes of USA as a whole is incredibly sparsely populated but it has huge urban areas where the bulk of the population is crammed in to. Also cities like New York and London are the most visited in the world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 17:00 - May 7 with 635 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 16:50 - May 7 by Scotia

But that is a long way from suggesting the virus can hang in the air for hours, it says "acknowledge the reality" I doubt anyone would question that. It is obviously not hugely contagious through aerial transmission in relatively large spaces, if it was we would be doomed.

I bet there are some very unlucky people who have caught it from someone exhaling in a supermarket, but that must make up a tiny percentage of cases.

I probably know 20 people with confirmed covid or have had symptoms within the last 6 weeks, each one can identify a likely place they caught it and they are all medical staff or their immediate family.

It doesn't have to survive or stay in the air for hours.
A few minutes is enough.
I have proposed this before.
Take the case of queing for a till in a Supermarket, maintaining a 2 metre gap.
The person in front of you has Asymptomatic COVID-19, they are breathing out their little cloud of virii.
A till becomes available and they move forward to the next 2 metre point and you move in to their little cloud of virii, it is probably not enough to infect you.
However repeat the process 5 times, 10 times and you could easily breath in and get enough in your eyes to infect you.
I have seen 40 person queues at Tesco waiting to get in, but hopefully with even a slight breeze the virii could be moved away from line.
Have the government failed? on 17:05 - May 7 with 629 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Uk is only the 51st most densely populated country, yet it has the second most deaths, so i'm not sure that can be a contributory factor

Of course it can and must be contributing, pack lots of people together to spread it.
But and it is the biggest but, it depends on what you do with the people afterwards, ie Quarantine and if they are infected how you treat them.
Sending them home with the advice to self isolate until they are ill is not sound advice. Read "ill" as requireng emergency treatment and possiblty Intubation, which is just as likely to kill you as the virus.
Have the government failed? on 17:07 - May 7 with 627 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 16:53 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

What part of ‘we are talking about the virus remaining in infection clouds inside a supermarket’ do you fail to understand?

If ‘our own government’ thought that the virus was swirling around Tesco Extra for 20 minutes in sufficient quantities to infect us every time someone breathed out they wouldn’t allow anyone in there. Plus everyone in the entire country would have been infected weeks and weeks ago in which case we can all go about our normal lives now.

Dear God.

Do they or do they not say it is airborne ie Aerosol?
Yes or No.
Have the government failed? on 17:09 - May 7 with 617 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 17:00 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

It doesn't have to survive or stay in the air for hours.
A few minutes is enough.
I have proposed this before.
Take the case of queing for a till in a Supermarket, maintaining a 2 metre gap.
The person in front of you has Asymptomatic COVID-19, they are breathing out their little cloud of virii.
A till becomes available and they move forward to the next 2 metre point and you move in to their little cloud of virii, it is probably not enough to infect you.
However repeat the process 5 times, 10 times and you could easily breath in and get enough in your eyes to infect you.
I have seen 40 person queues at Tesco waiting to get in, but hopefully with even a slight breeze the virii could be moved away from line.

What the hell is a ‘cloud of ‘virii’ by the way?
Have the government failed? on 17:11 - May 7 with 612 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I posted this on the main thread a while ago.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296417/Why-countries-shut-borders-Scie
Have the government failed? on 17:13 - May 7 with 609 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 17:09 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

What the hell is a ‘cloud of ‘virii’ by the way?

It is the Urban word for multiple virus.
Call it viruses if you want, I couldn't care less.
Have the government failed? on 17:15 - May 7 with 607 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 17:07 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Do they or do they not say it is airborne ie Aerosol?
Yes or No.

That’s an irrelevant question to what’s being discussed.

You keep extrapolating.

We’ve always known it’s airborne to an extent as it gets distributed in droplets that carry through the air. That’s the reason for social distancing.

That’s very different to clouds of infection hanging around in a supermarket that are sufficient to infect someone. That’s what we are discussing.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 17:17 - May 7 with 603 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This may explain a lot
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296937/Coronavirus-semen-study-shows.h
[Post edited 7 May 17:19]
Have the government failed? on 17:17 - May 7 with 602 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 17:13 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

It is the Urban word for multiple virus.
Call it viruses if you want, I couldn't care less.

Urban word?

Lol.
Have the government failed? on 17:18 - May 7 with 599 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 17:15 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

You keep extrapolating.

We’ve always known it’s airborne to an extent as it gets distributed in droplets that carry through the air. That’s the reason for social distancing.

That’s very different to clouds of infection hanging around in a supermarket that are sufficient to infect someone. That’s what we are discussing.

Just like every other time you just will not answer the question will you?
You should have been a bloody politician.
Have the government failed? on 17:21 - May 7 with 590 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 17:15 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

You keep extrapolating.

Aerosol is not droplets that fall to the surface, they remain in the air.
Which is why that UK link talks about "Exchanging the Air in the room".
Get it now?
Have the government failed? on 17:23 - May 7 with 587 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 17:18 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Just like every other time you just will not answer the question will you?
You should have been a bloody politician.

It’s not a relevant question to what’s being discussed.
Have the government failed? on 17:26 - May 7 with 582 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 17:21 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Aerosol is not droplets that fall to the surface, they remain in the air.
Which is why that UK link talks about "Exchanging the Air in the room".
Get it now?

You are really, really missing the point.

I’m bored of explaining it.

We’re you this annoying when you made Ford Focii?
Have the government failed? on 17:35 - May 7 with 557 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 17:26 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

You are really, really missing the point.

I’m bored of explaining it.

We’re you this annoying when you made Ford Focii?

OK, Lisa have it your way.
The fact that COVID-19 viruses stay airborne has nothing to do with infecting people in Supermarkets.
Just indoors everywhere else, like choirs singing etc.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8167369/Chorister-super-spreader-passed
https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/covid-19/churches-could-be-deadliest-place
Have the government failed? on 17:52 - May 7 with 540 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 17:35 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

OK, Lisa have it your way.
The fact that COVID-19 viruses stay airborne has nothing to do with infecting people in Supermarkets.
Just indoors everywhere else, like choirs singing etc.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8167369/Chorister-super-spreader-passed
https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/covid-19/churches-could-be-deadliest-place

Again, that’s missing the point.

Someone being infected by an infected person in a supermarket, as has doubtless happened, is not the same as there being a cloud of infection that can linger in the air in sufficient quantity to infect people as they walk through that cloud.

If you still don’t understand that, I can’t help.
Have the government failed? on 18:23 - May 7 with 519 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 17:17 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Urban word?

Lol.

Word!

AFD is down with the kids. Mostly pre-school.
Have the government failed? on 18:26 - May 7 with 513 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 17:05 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course it can and must be contributing, pack lots of people together to spread it.
But and it is the biggest but, it depends on what you do with the people afterwards, ie Quarantine and if they are infected how you treat them.
Sending them home with the advice to self isolate until they are ill is not sound advice. Read "ill" as requireng emergency treatment and possiblty Intubation, which is just as likely to kill you as the virus.

It hasn't though, as the figures above prove
Have the government failed? on 18:32 - May 7 with 501 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 14:24 - May 7 by A_Fans_Dad

They introduced gloves, social distancing and Screens.

Tony and Willie? Always wondered what happened to them.

Still struggling with proper nouns. Colour me surprised.
Have the government failed? on 18:32 - May 7 with 499 viewsHighjack

Have the government failed? on 17:17 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Urban word?

Lol.

I believe it’s the title of Stormzy’s new single.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: The official planetswans European election poll. Your vote goes to?

Have the government failed? on 18:43 - May 7 with 488 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 16:36 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

‘ if being close to an infected person for 15 minutes means you probably got infected yourself, then do the maths for a whole flight. A 4 hour flight, the people in the same row (and behind and in front) of you infected every 15 minutes, then someone goes to the toilet’

It doesn’t work like that mun. You don’t get infected then immediately pass it in to someone else and then they immediately pass it on and so on. There’s an incubation period.

But as I said, I wouldn’t fly because you can’t keep distant from someone and that someone you’re near could be the infected one.

I’ve no doubt Heathrow’s size and importance as a hub and the population density of the UK are both factors.

Ok but one infected person on a flight could have infected 8 others, more than one, do the maths; so when they were coming home from Italy how many potential cariers were there?

The theory still stands about someone going to the toilet, touching seats, brushing past people, touching the doors and taps. Of course it's too late now to worry about that but maybe it's a lesson for next time?

Of course, as I believe this virus was here before we knew about it, it was already too late when we were calling the government slow!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Have the government failed? on 19:06 - May 7 with 478 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 18:43 - May 7 by Catullus

Ok but one infected person on a flight could have infected 8 others, more than one, do the maths; so when they were coming home from Italy how many potential cariers were there?

The theory still stands about someone going to the toilet, touching seats, brushing past people, touching the doors and taps. Of course it's too late now to worry about that but maybe it's a lesson for next time?

Of course, as I believe this virus was here before we knew about it, it was already too late when we were calling the government slow!

I’ve agreed with you, that’s why I won’t get on a flight!
Have the government failed? on 20:03 - May 7 with 449 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 19:06 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

I’ve agreed with you, that’s why I won’t get on a flight!

I've decided to win the lottery and buy a big boat to cruise to the Med in, go from country to country, safer than flying.

Now where were those winning numbers?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Have the government failed? on 20:11 - May 7 with 436 viewsHumpty

Have the government failed? on 18:23 - May 7 by WarwickHunt

Word!

AFD is down with the kids. Mostly pre-school.

Mainly the brown coloured ones.

Have the government failed? on 20:50 - May 7 with 408 viewsexiledclaseboy

What the feck is “virii”?

Edit - I see we’ve been there when discussing For Focii.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020