Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 27598 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 20:41 - May 6 with 611 viewsKilkennyjack

On balance, we have fecked up hugely ...

This is worth a watch ...

Please focus on the content not Mr Jones, yes i know ... but just for once ... content.

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 21:00 - May 6 with 576 viewsploppy

Have the government failed? on 20:41 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

Please focus on the content not Mr Jones, yes i know ... but just for once ... content.

Can't resist ....

Mr Jones - he's been very quiet since December. Wonder why?
Have the government failed? on 21:02 - May 6 with 570 viewsjack2jack

See what can achieved, when you actually give a fvck.
Have the government failed? on 21:03 - May 6 with 569 viewsmonmouth

Have the government failed? on 21:00 - May 6 by ploppy

Can't resist ....

Mr Jones - he's been very quiet since December. Wonder why?

Eating bats?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have the government failed? on 21:06 - May 6 with 561 viewsjack2jack

See what can be achieved, when you actually give a fvck.
well done NZ
[Post edited 7 May 10:27]
Have the government failed? on 21:32 - May 6 with 517 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 17:53 - May 6 by chad

Not everyone would agree...

Accumulating evidence indicates that simply speaking can emit coronavirus-containing particles that waft through air for tens of meters, hover there, and possibly transmit SARS-CoV-2 to a person who inhales these virus-tainted aerosols.

“Based on the trend in the increase of [SARS-CoV-2] infections, and understanding the basic science of viral infection spread,” Australian and Chinese researchers write, “we strongly believe that the virus is likely to be spreading through the air”

They “plead that the international and national authorities acknowledge the reality that the virus spreads through air, and recommend that adequate control measures . . . be implemented to prevent further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.”

Or to quote Ronan Keating...

You say it best, when you say nothing at all ;)

And shouting or singing is even worse.

Have the government failed? on 21:44 - May 6 with 501 viewswaynekerr55

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/06/bombastic-boris-meets-his-match

Crace's articles are great

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Have the government failed? on 22:14 - May 6 with 465 viewssP7qupUf

Have the government failed? on 21:44 - May 6 by waynekerr55

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/06/bombastic-boris-meets-his-match

Crace's articles are great

I watched PMQs today. Hopefully there will be plenty more after all this is over. He has also made a mess of Rabb.

Pity Labour held onto Corbyn and his stooges for so long.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 22:17 - May 6 with 459 viewslonglostjack

Why the hell is the Welsh Assembly only offering blanket testing to care homes with over 50 residents ??????????? Pathetic.

Coronavirus: Wales introduces blanket testing in large care homes https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52558300
[Post edited 6 May 22:18]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Have the government failed? on 22:24 - May 6 with 447 viewsbuilthjack

649 deaths yesterday. So now they think it's ok to open up?
Absolutely bonkers.

Poll: Birch - Would you trust him ?

Have the government failed? on 22:27 - May 6 with 440 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 22:24 - May 6 by builthjack

649 deaths yesterday. So now they think it's ok to open up?
Absolutely bonkers.

No. 649 deaths were added to the total yesterday. They might have actually happened weeks ago.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 22:45 - May 6 with 408 viewsbuilthjack

Have the government failed? on 22:27 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

No. 649 deaths were added to the total yesterday. They might have actually happened weeks ago.

Might or might not have. Even if it was 200 it's still too many to open the doors everywhere.
What's the most important, life or money?

Have the government failed? on 22:52 - May 6 with 395 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 22:45 - May 6 by builthjack

Might or might not have. Even if it was 200 it's still too many to open the doors everywhere.
What's the most important, life or money?

You do realise that the longer the lockdown goes on, the worse the damage to the economy is, the higher the mortality rate will climb anyway? Locking down until the death rate is zero is a non-starter. Not gonna happen.

The whole point of the lockdown was to flatten the curve to the point where the NHS could manage. Given that the various Nightingale hospitals are already at the point of being mothballed for lack of use then it's apparent that we're there already.

Next step will be slowly opening things back up again. No big crowds to begin with, but certainly more social interaction and business taking place.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the government failed? on 22:58 - May 6 with 380 viewslonglostjack

Have the government failed? on 22:52 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

You do realise that the longer the lockdown goes on, the worse the damage to the economy is, the higher the mortality rate will climb anyway? Locking down until the death rate is zero is a non-starter. Not gonna happen.

The whole point of the lockdown was to flatten the curve to the point where the NHS could manage. Given that the various Nightingale hospitals are already at the point of being mothballed for lack of use then it's apparent that we're there already.

Next step will be slowly opening things back up again. No big crowds to begin with, but certainly more social interaction and business taking place.

Or go a few weeks more and get the R rate down to 0.3 and back in it’s box. That could be less expensive in the long term - who knows?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Have the government failed? on 23:00 - May 6 with 374 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 22:17 - May 6 by longlostjack

Why the hell is the Welsh Assembly only offering blanket testing to care homes with over 50 residents ??????????? Pathetic.

Coronavirus: Wales introduces blanket testing in large care homes https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52558300
[Post edited 6 May 22:18]

Blanket testing in care homes? Ych a fi.
Have the government failed? on 23:02 - May 6 with 368 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 22:58 - May 6 by longlostjack

Or go a few weeks more and get the R rate down to 0.3 and back in it’s box. That could be less expensive in the long term - who knows?

Who knows indeed. The only sensible question in these times.

Have the government failed? on 23:12 - May 6 with 346 viewsbuilthjack

Have the government failed? on 22:52 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Open up and face another wave.
Or wait a few weeks.
I know what I would do. The economy will come back, a few weeks won't make much difference in a once in a lifetime virus.

Have the government failed? on 23:13 - May 6 with 338 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 23:12 - May 6 by builthjack

Open up and face another wave.
Or wait a few weeks.
I know what I would do. The economy will come back, a few weeks won't make much difference in a once in a lifetime virus.

How many other waves have the countries who have already opened up faced?

Have the government failed? on 23:16 - May 6 with 335 viewsbuilthjack

Have the government failed? on 23:13 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

How many other waves have the countries who have already opened up faced?

With the amount of deaths we are still having it's far too early.
Money money money is the name of the game with this government now.

Have the government failed? on 23:17 - May 6 with 333 viewsploppy

Have the government failed? on 23:02 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Who knows indeed. The only sensible question in these times.

I know we've increased testing so we're finding relatively more cases but I'm amazed we're still seeing 4000-ish (6000 today) new cases daily. Where are these people getting infected? We've been locked down forever, there's social distancing and hand sanitisers everywhere, lots of people are wearing masks, no-one's gathering in groups (or are they?). Shouldn't we have seen a marked decrease in new infections by now?
Have the government failed? on 23:21 - May 6 with 320 viewsDr_Winston

Have the government failed? on 23:17 - May 6 by ploppy

I know we've increased testing so we're finding relatively more cases but I'm amazed we're still seeing 4000-ish (6000 today) new cases daily. Where are these people getting infected? We've been locked down forever, there's social distancing and hand sanitisers everywhere, lots of people are wearing masks, no-one's gathering in groups (or are they?). Shouldn't we have seen a marked decrease in new infections by now?

If confirmed infections are rising whilst the death rate is falling then that can only be a good thing.

Have the government failed? on 23:26 - May 6 with 310 viewsbuilthjack

More people are getting it because the govt have indicated that deaths are down, lockdown will be relaxed, etc etc.
So even locally, in the little shitty town I live in, 6 of the 7 takeaways have opened this week, both builders merchants opened back up today, Tesco have relaxed the queue system and so on.
Police who were patrolling the streets haven't been seen all week.

So people will catch it.

Have the government failed? on 23:27 - May 6 with 309 viewsmajorraglan

Really good question.

I would imagine some will be emergency workers/NHS staff who have been in contact with patients, carers at old people’s homes, people who have to work, the only way we’d really have an idea is via test and trace and asking let’s of questions, which is difficult given the number of cases we have.
Have the government failed? on 23:33 - May 6 with 290 viewsmajorraglan

Have the government failed? on 23:26 - May 6 by builthjack

More people are getting it because the govt have indicated that deaths are down, lockdown will be relaxed, etc etc.
So even locally, in the little shitty town I live in, 6 of the 7 takeaways have opened this week, both builders merchants opened back up today, Tesco have relaxed the queue system and so on.
Police who were patrolling the streets haven't been seen all week.

So people will catch it.

The press and some politicians have been going on about lifting the lockdown for ages and people have become a bit blasé. I went for a walk earlier, there was a lot of traffic about almost pre lockdown levels.

In my opinion the Government should have been far more prescript with the lockdown, much stricter rules for paging home, bigger fines much sterner enforcement etc. Yes it’s painful, but it could have potentially led to a shorter period of confinement and things returning to normal a lot quicker.
Have the government failed? on 23:35 - May 6 with 288 viewsploppy

Have the government failed? on 23:21 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

If confirmed infections are rising whilst the death rate is falling then that can only be a good thing.

I suppose it suggests that a good number of the new positive tests are people with mild symptoms or at least they're not ending up in ICU. Well, not yet anyway.

Anyway, what I was more interested in was where/how these people are getting infected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020