Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Levien 09:44 - Jul 3 with 1981 viewsTenbySwan

Looking at Levien on SKY Sports news last night unveiling Rooney, I'm more convinced than ever we need to get them out.

It was clear he was not a fan of DC United even but is running it as a business.

Reading between the lines, and the fact that he made Potter fly to America last week to discuss transfer plans etc. We are stuck with HJ etc for the foreseeable to run things here.

We need of course to get behind GP and the team and I am looking forward to that but it seems that we need to keep the pressure on the other front!

Levien on 10:16 - Jul 3 with 1910 viewsLoyal

Interesting their minimal cash flow in the USA affords this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Levien on 10:30 - Jul 3 with 1872 viewssg1912

100% this being funded from money taken out of the Swans
Levien on 10:36 - Jul 3 with 1855 viewsjasper_T

Levien on 10:30 - Jul 3 by sg1912

100% this being funded from money taken out of the Swans

100% not. They're owned by a different hedge fund than we are, Levein is the only common factor.

What money could they have taken out, anyway? We almost certainly made a tidy loss last season.
Levien on 10:37 - Jul 3 with 1846 viewsomarjack

The nerves those two tw@t have to discuss Mawson's potential sale with their "you know how hard the nature of the market is" bullsh!t,at the same time they're unveiling Wayne f*cking Rooney for their American "soccer" sh!te team..Disgusting.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Levien on 10:41 - Jul 3 with 1827 viewsE20Jack

Wonder if he will come here in the off season on loan like many do from the MLS.

May be a cheap marketing expertise.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Levien on 10:42 - Jul 3 with 1820 viewsomarjack

Levien on 10:36 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

100% not. They're owned by a different hedge fund than we are, Levein is the only common factor.

What money could they have taken out, anyway? We almost certainly made a tidy loss last season.

The club made 13.5 m in profit for their first year in charge.

Which is over 10% profit when you consider the profit/turnover ratio. Which is decent for a football club.

The scum don't want to invest money into the club. They want the club to generate its expenses by itself by selling best players and use it to buy more, cheaper alternatives. All the while try to skim what's left of in their pockets. That's why we're going to play bloody Sheffield United on 7 August.

Levien on 11:09 - Jul 3 with 1755 viewsjasper_T

Levien on 10:42 - Jul 3 by omarjack

The club made 13.5 m in profit for their first year in charge.

Which is over 10% profit when you consider the profit/turnover ratio. Which is decent for a football club.

The scum don't want to invest money into the club. They want the club to generate its expenses by itself by selling best players and use it to buy more, cheaper alternatives. All the while try to skim what's left of in their pockets. That's why we're going to play bloody Sheffield United on 7 August.

I don't see a lot wrong with football clubs being run within their means, to be honest.

They could have made a lot of money last season if they wanted to asset strip, but instead they reinvested the club's money in expensive shite. We didn't go down because they were skimming off the top, we went down because the players we bought were bad. They could have given Jenkins £20m from between their sofa cushions and it wouldn't have helped (is there a third Ayew brother somewhere?)
Levien on 11:18 - Jul 3 with 1736 viewsjack247

Levien on 10:37 - Jul 3 by omarjack

The nerves those two tw@t have to discuss Mawson's potential sale with their "you know how hard the nature of the market is" bullsh!t,at the same time they're unveiling Wayne f*cking Rooney for their American "soccer" sh!te team..Disgusting.

Not sticking up for them here, I want them out as soon as possible, but it’s not as if they are using our money on Wayne Rooney. They run us with the income we generate. I’d imagine Levien does the same over there?
Login to get fewer ads

Levien on 11:20 - Jul 3 with 1728 viewsomarjack

Levien on 11:09 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

I don't see a lot wrong with football clubs being run within their means, to be honest.

They could have made a lot of money last season if they wanted to asset strip, but instead they reinvested the club's money in expensive shite. We didn't go down because they were skimming off the top, we went down because the players we bought were bad. They could have given Jenkins £20m from between their sofa cushions and it wouldn't have helped (is there a third Ayew brother somewhere?)

No club can sustain success by spending what they make off sales. And clearly, sometimes even spending doesn't work out if the recruitment goes wrong (WBA last season invested heavily and we all saw what happened to them).

So imagine spending only from sales (The owners surely didn't expect to have a player like Siggy to sell for + 40 m every year,unless they're completely bonkers of course)..And on top of that spending whatever we spent on bad players or unfit ones. No sh!t we were relegated.

Selling Siggy for the amount of money we've received was the right call. Llorente too obviously due to his age and contract status. But that was a one year thing. If we survived, The Americans would have said "oh well sell Mawson..that's your transfer budget for the season. See how generous?"

That's the f*cking problem. what if we didn't have players that would sell for really big money that's worth losing them for? We have an ageing squad in many parts..How to replace them?

They gave no assurances to the fans that they'd be willing to actually invest from their own money. Ever.

Anyway there is no point in arguing this anymore. Things in the championship are different. And obviously for the worst in terms of selling and buying cheap.

Levien on 11:31 - Jul 3 with 1692 viewsLoyal

Levien on 11:18 - Jul 3 by jack247

Not sticking up for them here, I want them out as soon as possible, but it’s not as if they are using our money on Wayne Rooney. They run us with the income we generate. I’d imagine Levien does the same over there?

I doubt it mate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Levien on 11:43 - Jul 3 with 1650 viewsQJumpingJack

His first interview from 2016:

Levien on 12:10 - Jul 3 with 1590 viewsjack247

Levien on 11:31 - Jul 3 by Loyal

I doubt it mate.

You think he/whatever consortium he is part of pump money into DC United?
Levien on 12:35 - Jul 3 with 1528 viewsWhiterockin

"Reading between the lines, and the fact that he made Potter fly to America last week to discuss transfer plans etc. We are stuck with HJ etc for the foreseeable to run things here".

I see it that they are not trusting HJ and wanted to speak to potter directly, cutting out the middle man, and planing a way forward. We may never know the facts, including a possible contract, between HJ and the Americans, but I see this as a very positive move and a slight to HJ.
Levien on 12:39 - Jul 3 with 1511 viewsomarjack

Fact is..Potter wouldn't have accepted a move here if he wasn't promised certain things to get going. Sizeable budget (for the championship of course) and such. After all he wasn't in a rush to leave Sweden.

But whether Levien and his friends keep their promises. That's a different matter.

Levien on 12:41 - Jul 3 with 1503 viewsjack247

Levien on 12:35 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

"Reading between the lines, and the fact that he made Potter fly to America last week to discuss transfer plans etc. We are stuck with HJ etc for the foreseeable to run things here".

I see it that they are not trusting HJ and wanted to speak to potter directly, cutting out the middle man, and planing a way forward. We may never know the facts, including a possible contract, between HJ and the Americans, but I see this as a very positive move and a slight to HJ.

You really could look at that either way.

You can make a persuasive argument for:

Now we’re out of the PL, we’re a much lower priority and HJ can run the club.
They don’t have a lot of confidence in him, so essentially excluded him.

I really hope you’re right.
Levien on 12:55 - Jul 3 with 1460 viewsWhiterockin

Levien on 12:41 - Jul 3 by jack247

You really could look at that either way.

You can make a persuasive argument for:

Now we’re out of the PL, we’re a much lower priority and HJ can run the club.
They don’t have a lot of confidence in him, so essentially excluded him.

I really hope you’re right.

If they trusted HJ he would have been included, more to the point, they would have left it to him. By this move it looks as if HJ is NOT running the club. Mistakes have been learnt and sacking the whole of the scouting team proves this point. IMO HJ is on borrowed time.
Levien on 13:07 - Jul 3 with 1423 viewsbluey_the_blue

Levien on 12:39 - Jul 3 by omarjack

Fact is..Potter wouldn't have accepted a move here if he wasn't promised certain things to get going. Sizeable budget (for the championship of course) and such. After all he wasn't in a rush to leave Sweden.

But whether Levien and his friends keep their promises. That's a different matter.

Or...

He wanted a managerial job within Britain to raise his profile here and make the big bucks?

Fail? Well, it's your owners fault. Succeed? Did it despite your owners...
Levien on 13:09 - Jul 3 with 1410 viewsjack247

Levien on 12:55 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

If they trusted HJ he would have been included, more to the point, they would have left it to him. By this move it looks as if HJ is NOT running the club. Mistakes have been learnt and sacking the whole of the scouting team proves this point. IMO HJ is on borrowed time.

Hopefully. I kind of think it would have happened by now if it was going to happen. Maybe that’s just me being pessimistic. Other worry is that if he isn’t running the club, who is? I’d rather he did it than 2 disinterested hedge fund managers and Pearlman.
Levien on 21:04 - Jul 3 with 1125 viewswestside

Wonder if Rooney will come here on loan if we're in with a chance of promotion
Levien on 21:38 - Jul 3 with 1095 viewsPhil_S

Levien on 21:04 - Jul 3 by westside

To f*ck it up?
Levien on 23:07 - Jul 3 with 1008 viewsSoberBaker

Levien on 21:04 - Jul 3 by westside

If you mean to come down here and finger blast your Nan, I'm all for it!

If you mean play for the Swans

AMOW

Levien on 23:22 - Jul 3 with 974 viewsBadlands

From wha I understand of US sport a player like Rooney - big reputation, well known - will more or less pay for himself with additional sales and percentage take on club endorsements.
Whereas in the UK he'd e seen as an expensive has-been.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Levien on 00:05 - Jul 4 with 933 viewsLoyal

Levien on 12:10 - Jul 3 by jack247

You think he/whatever consortium he is part of pump money into DC United?

No, I think the 100 million cash cow called Swansea City is aiding his investment ability.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024