Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 23961 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 20:06 - May 5 with 601 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 20:02 - May 5 by jack2jack

And yet we failed to check our borders, knowing full well this was on the way.
People flooded in unchecked and are still doing so.See my link above
PPE has been a shambles as you rightly point out.
We are a few weeks behind other countries and yet our death toll rises.
Testing has been a mess.
I'm fed up of all the nonsense being spouted, it's a bloody mess.
Name me one thing the government has done well thought all this, apart from getting the Nightingale hospitals up and running in quick time, that's about it.
It's all about being prepared, all the warning signs were ignored, it was laughed off.
Negligence doesn't cover it by half.

I think was here long before we knew, so shutting the borders would have made little difference to anything before shutdown. After shutdown, I agree they should have been shut, as at that point the disease was being confined.

Again, I say this as someone that thinks the government are incompetent charlatans, and, unlike it seem most, don’t trust them anywhere near enough to download their bloody app.
Have the government failed? on 20:12 - May 5 with 580 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 20:06 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

I think was here long before we knew, so shutting the borders would have made little difference to anything before shutdown. After shutdown, I agree they should have been shut, as at that point the disease was being confined.

Again, I say this as someone that thinks the government are incompetent charlatans, and, unlike it seem most, don’t trust them anywhere near enough to download their bloody app.

I would disagree with you first paragraph tbh, I believe it would have made a huge difference, if other measures were put in place to supplement the action, that said I'm no scientist, just my opinion.
I'm not so sure about the app either to be honest.
I agree the government's performance has been poor to say the least.
Have the government failed? on 21:11 - May 5 with 543 viewsGaryjack

Have the government failed? on 18:49 - May 4 by perplex

Stop being so dramatic, if the test is available I would have it, If I could I would also have a test if I had no symptom's at all.

There's nothing dramatic about it all. It was a part of this thread where symptoms and getting tested was being discussed. You implied that you would know if you had hay fever or possible covid19 due to your symptoms. Hence i asked the question. Thanks for answering by the way.

Have the government failed? on 21:43 - May 5 with 503 viewsGaryjack

Flight from Belfast to Heathrow today.

Have the government failed? on 21:51 - May 5 with 487 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 21:43 - May 5 by Garyjack

You couldn't make it up Gar, I mean is anyone taking this seriously or what.
Besides, what sort of idiot would get on that plane anyway.
[Post edited 5 May 21:56]
Have the government failed? on 21:52 - May 5 with 485 viewsbuilthjack

Why is this government allowing this to happen?
If Corbyn had got in, and handled this like the Tories have, there would be calls for him and his team to resign.
Johnson and his team are a disgrace, almost encouraging the spread of this virus.
Lunatics should be in the asylum by now.

Poll: Birch - Would you trust him ?

Have the government failed? on 21:57 - May 5 with 469 viewsWxmJax

That was yesterday. The guy complaining about it didn't help himself. Could have caught the ferry if he was that concerned or did he think he'd be the only one on board ? Didn't appear to wear a mask or observe social distancing himself either.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Have the government failed? on 21:59 - May 5 with 460 viewscontroversial_jack

Have the government failed? on 20:06 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

When i stated i thought it was here in December and that i believed i had had it you disagreed
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 22:02 - May 5 with 456 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 21:57 - May 5 by WxmJax

That was yesterday. The guy complaining about it didn't help himself. Could have caught the ferry if he was that concerned or did he think he'd be the only one on board ? Didn't appear to wear a mask or observe social distancing himself either.

Who sanctioned this, why is this being allowed, this is breaking every current guideline.
What's the point in locking us down, when this sh!t is being allowed.
I'm staggered.
Have the government failed? on 22:03 - May 5 with 456 viewsGaryjack

Have the government failed? on 21:57 - May 5 by WxmJax

Ffs! He booked a flight, i'm sure he didn't expect that! If you read the story on the BBC website, he stated that there was no sanitiser on board or PPE! How the hell do you expect him to observe social distancing!
Have the government failed? on 22:10 - May 5 with 441 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 22:03 - May 5 by Garyjack

Ffs! He booked a flight, i'm sure he didn't expect that! If you read the story on the BBC website, he stated that there was no sanitiser on board or PPE! How the hell do you expect him to observe social distancing!

Didn't read the whole story Gar, why was he travelling in the first place, any idea? Soz just read the article.
And why we're the rest of the clowns there.
We're only allowed to go shopping once a week, and also around the block for an hour a day. FFS.
[Post edited 5 May 22:15]
Have the government failed? on 22:43 - May 5 with 405 viewsmajorraglan

Have the government failed? on 13:41 - May 5 by Catullus

Campbell, because he never span anything?

He’s done plenty of spinning in his time and I don’t like him or what he stands for, but he’s right to raise this as an issue.
It shouldn’t matter what one’s political leanings are, people are dying and in great numbers and questions need to be asked of Boris and his government.
All Campbell has done is highlight the story a newspaper is running, it’s nice to be able to read conflicting points of view as it widens our perspective.

Have the government failed? on 22:59 - May 5 with 387 viewsKilkennyjack

‘Beware of the risen people’ ........🍀🇮🇪 💚 Dim byd grêt am brydain 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Have the government failed? on 23:02 - May 5 with 381 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 19:38 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

We don’t know.

We don’t know whether we have the largest death toll. We don’t know whether we had more time. We don’t know what we’ll have in the way of subsequent waves.

We do know that testing is a shambles, albeit, it’s worse in Wales than in England, which isn’t the fault of the British government, we do know that PPE has been lacking (although we don’t know whether it’s been more or less lacking than elsewhere), we do know that care homes have been a disaster area (again, they appear to have been the same elsewhere).

Until you look at size and density of population, it’s really hard to compare surely? We have far higher population density than most other European countries.

I think we know, don’t you ?

Have the government failed? on 23:12 - May 5 with 369 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 21:59 - May 5 by controversial_jack

When i stated i thought it was here in December and that i believed i had had it you disagreed

I only said that there was supposedly a flu going round with exactly the same symptoms and that I couldn’t understand why we didn’t see hospital admissions and deaths at the same level as now if all the people that think they had it in autumn actually had it.

(When I say it’s been here for longer than people think, I don’t mean October, I mean December, maybe a little earlier).

Since I said that though, it’s been revealed that we had a lot of excess pneumonia deaths this winter and hospital admissions, and also I’ve begun to think it’s possible (not likely, but possible) that when they talk about a more virulent second wave this could in fact be that second wave.

Until there’s an antibody test no one will know.
Have the government failed? on 23:16 - May 5 with 358 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 23:02 - May 5 by Kilkennyjack

I think we know, don’t you ?

We were talking about Europe.

Which of the countries you name is European?
Have the government failed? on 23:41 - May 5 with 343 viewsmajorraglan

Have the government failed? on 12:03 - May 5 by Kilkennyjack

Campbell seems pretty clear on the question asked.

Decent article offering an outsiders take on what’s taken place here. Well worth 10 minutes reading.
Have the government failed? on 00:32 - May 6 with 321 viewsWxmJax

Have the government failed? on 22:03 - May 5 by Garyjack

I listened to him speaking on a radio show this morning. He said that he was worried about passing it on to family and friends, he shouldn't even be with friends.
He said that even at Belfast airport everyone was sitting together. He's an adult, why didn't he move away from other people ? It's not exactly difficult.

If you booked a flight what would you expect at the moment ? Nobody else on it ?
He's a construction worker who is working in London. I dare say he came home for the weekend, same as every other weekend. This hasn't just happened out of the blue.
Why didn't he take his own mask if he's that worried ? I would, and I'd have my own sanitizer but he did neither.

Then what happens when he gets to London ? Gets on the tube and is working on a building site, no doubt in close contact with other people and all gathered around together at break times. I'm sure you've seen the photos.

I think it's shocking that these flights are even taking place and should be stopped but that's another matter.

However, this guy has to take responsibility himself. He'll be complaining next weekend if they cancel the flights or they refuse to let him on for his own safety.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Have the government failed? on 08:03 - May 6 with 258 viewsKilkennyjack

Have the government failed? on 23:16 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

We were talking about Europe.

Which of the countries you name is European?

My apologies.

Have the government failed? on 08:15 - May 6 with 252 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 23:41 - May 5 by majorraglan

Decent article offering an outsiders take on what’s taken place here. Well worth 10 minutes reading.

By outsiders you mean Londoner???

Reading the comments gives an idea of the readership this is catering to.
Have the government failed? on 08:26 - May 6 with 242 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 08:03 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

My apologies.

Most people die in bed, so bed is the most dangerous place to be?

By your simplistic reckoning if an island had 2,000 inhabitants and they all died, they would be doing a great job only having 2,000 deaths even though 100% of their population had died.

Still waiting for all your weighting’s on affecting variables to show you are making some attempt to compare like with like.

But perhaps you prefer not to?
Have the government failed? on 08:27 - May 6 with 241 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 08:15 - May 6 by chad

By outsiders you mean Londoner???

Reading the comments gives an idea of the readership this is catering to.

I think the Sydney Morning Herald is based in Australia. Call it a hunch.
Have the government failed? on 08:32 - May 6 with 235 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 08:27 - May 6 by WarwickHunt

I think the Sydney Morning Herald is based in Australia. Call it a hunch.

Sharp as a whip, as ever

Except the journalist, who is writing the piece, therefore whose view is being expressed (I am sure you get the idea ;) ) is a Londoner
Have the government failed? on 08:52 - May 6 with 213 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 08:32 - May 6 by chad

Sharp as a whip, as ever

Except the journalist, who is writing the piece, therefore whose view is being expressed (I am sure you get the idea ;) ) is a Londoner

He’s the European correspondent of The Sydney Morning Herald. He’s from Canberra.
I think that qualifies him as “an outsider”.
Have the government failed? on 09:06 - May 6 with 194 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Have the government failed? on 21:52 - May 5 by builthjack

Why is this government allowing this to happen?
If Corbyn had got in, and handled this like the Tories have, there would be calls for him and his team to resign.
Johnson and his team are a disgrace, almost encouraging the spread of this virus.
Lunatics should be in the asylum by now.

You do wonder why the Irish government is allowing an Irish airline to do this.

Poll: Who wants "valleyboy" banned from our forum so he can post on cardiff's forum ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020