Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? 19:09 - Jun 7 with 17394 viewsBobby_Fischer

That boy was getting paid? Or was it just Jim White?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:36 - Jun 9 with 2217 viewsSmellyplumz

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:08 - Jun 9 by Neath_Jack

Cards on the table Wob, what have you done for this great club of ours? Other than turn up to watch us play, and moan on here? What have you done?

To suggest that JVZ, Dineen and Jenkins are not fans of this club is absolute nonsense. Give them grief for the way in which they done it by all means, lose all respect for JVZ for the way he's behaved on Twitter (I know i have), but to say they're not fans? Bollox.

Such big fans of the club they have jeopardised the future of it for a bag full of money. It's not as though they where skint.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:38 - Jun 9 with 2209 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:35 - Jun 9 by Darran

Yes they are but fans don’t have to be at the Liberty and involved in the running of the club.

I think what they did in the past was very admirable but that’s in the past now and the rest of the fans will never be able to move on whilst they’re involved.

Don't disagree with any of that either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:40 - Jun 9 with 2204 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:36 - Jun 9 by Smellyplumz

Such big fans of the club they have jeopardised the future of it for a bag full of money. It's not as though they where skint.

You wouldn't have sold your shares for that big bag of filthy mooler either would you Plumzy? No of course you wouldn't

Know like they gambled their money and hoped everything would be ok, when they saved us, they probably gambled when they sold up and hoped everything would be ok again.

It didn't work out.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 2171 viewsDarran

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:40 - Jun 9 by Neath_Jack

You wouldn't have sold your shares for that big bag of filthy mooler either would you Plumzy? No of course you wouldn't

Know like they gambled their money and hoped everything would be ok, when they saved us, they probably gambled when they sold up and hoped everything would be ok again.

It didn't work out.

You’re right but you have to remember that they had already made a big bag of filthy mooler in dividends etc long before the sale.
They’d had their money back several times over.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 2172 viewswobbly

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:33 - Jun 9 by Neath_Jack

Ok, length of service doesn't deem you a fan or not, that's purely down to age in most circumstances.

What does that mean wuss? My point is that all three are fans, what are you getting at with "fan status"?

My mate? Is that your stock answer to anyone who dares go against your opinion? But go on, i'll humour you, how is he my mate?

I think buying season tickets is a good definition of a ‘fan’. But agree, not the only one. How about: not screwing over all of the Supporters through deception and duplicitous behaviour for personal financial gain.

If we agree that buying season tickets and not screwing over all the fans are two very good definitions of being a fan - well I get to look in the mirror every morning and tick both those boxes. JVZ doesn’t. Nor does Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan or Katzen.

Yes, they put a lot of money in the club and got a great return. I have never disputed he and they are very successful Swansea investors. But the moment they prioritised their financial investment over the interests of the supporters, they lost the right to call themselves a member of that group.
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:51 - Jun 9 with 2166 viewsdobjack2

It didn't work out.

It’s a test of anyone’s moral compass, what you want from life and what your priorities are.

For some being more than comfortably off for the rest of their life, leaving a nest egg for children and a lasting legacy in relation to the football club would be enough.

Others are interested in getting more money than they could ever use and anything else is secondary.

Each to their own but how anyone would act says a lot about them as a person.
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:54 - Jun 9 with 2147 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:48 - Jun 9 by Darran

You’re right but you have to remember that they had already made a big bag of filthy mooler in dividends etc long before the sale.
They’d had their money back several times over.

Just saying.

I don't disagree with that either, but there is a massive difference between dividends and setting your family up for life for generations to come.

I'd have sold up as well, if i was in Jenkins position, i'd like to have thought i'd done it differently, but in reality would i have? I'm not so sure.

When they put their money into the club it was to save it, not to get themselves rich beyond their wildest dreams. Now being in their position and seeing that we were on a downward slide, then they could see that they were probably going to lose all those riches, so panicked and thought let's do this before it's too late.

JVZ was in less of an influential position and probably got "dragged" along with them.

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:58 - Jun 9 with 2145 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 10:48 - Jun 9 by wobbly

I think buying season tickets is a good definition of a ‘fan’. But agree, not the only one. How about: not screwing over all of the Supporters through deception and duplicitous behaviour for personal financial gain.

If we agree that buying season tickets and not screwing over all the fans are two very good definitions of being a fan - well I get to look in the mirror every morning and tick both those boxes. JVZ doesn’t. Nor does Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan or Katzen.

Yes, they put a lot of money in the club and got a great return. I have never disputed he and they are very successful Swansea investors. But the moment they prioritised their financial investment over the interests of the supporters, they lost the right to call themselves a member of that group.

Do you? I don't. What about the family man that can't afford to buy a season ticket, but would love to go every week? You better than them yeah? Not for me.

They gambled that the sale would work out for the good, the same as they did when they put their money to save us.

Anyway, my point being, they are as much of a fan of this club as anyone else, I'm not including Katzen as i don't believe he was a fan at any stage.

And i don't believe they "invested" in the club either, there was more chance of us going to the wall that even surviving.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 11:56 - Jun 9 with 2065 viewsBobby_Fischer

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 22:42 - Jun 8 by IAN05

Huw Cooze was naive to be fair, got sucked in to a business he wasn't built for and was loyal to the people who he thought were his friends and got stung.

Huge Swans fan who has done more than anyone on this forum for this football club and a man who deserves huge respect.

He was meant to be loyal to the fans not Jenkins and Co?

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 12:07 - Jun 9 with 2044 viewswobbly

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 11:56 - Jun 9 by Bobby_Fischer

He was meant to be loyal to the fans not Jenkins and Co?

Nice try at diverting the thread back - Presuming this hasn’t worked out quite how you intended?

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 12:10 - Jun 9 with 2029 viewsBobby_Fischer

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 12:07 - Jun 9 by wobbly

Nice try at diverting the thread back - Presuming this hasn’t worked out quite how you intended?

Diverting it from if Phil knew about the £40,000?

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 13:51 - Jun 9 with 1927 viewsSmellyplumz

It didn't work out.

No mate we are not all greedy cůnts and I woud of been happy with the million I'd already had in dividends and I would of worked tirelessly trying to find people who would of taken my beloved club further.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 13:53 - Jun 9 with 1922 viewsFireboy2

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 13:51 - Jun 9 by Smellyplumz

No mate we are not all greedy cůnts and I woud of been happy with the million I'd already had in dividends and I would of worked tirelessly trying to find people who would of taken my beloved club further.

And you would have GIVEN 4% to the trust
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 14:19 - Jun 9 with 1896 viewsKilkennyjack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 13:53 - Jun 9 by Fireboy2

And you would have GIVEN 4% to the trust

Mel sold his to the Trust as well as others.
Do same ?

Give- yes.

Beware of the Risen People

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 14:55 - Jun 9 with 1857 viewsFireboy2

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 14:19 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

Do same ?

Give- yes.

And i would have KKJ

But we are not sly,selfish greedy tw@ts though
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 17:42 - Jun 9 with 1781 viewsNeath_Jack

Easy to make the decent moral decision when it's only a hypothetical question. Not as easy in real life chaps, so let's not pretend that it is.

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 22:33 - Jun 9 with 1680 viewsSlimer

It's true, the OP has no dick
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 23:05 - Jun 9 with 1639 viewsGaryjack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 12:10 - Jun 9 by Bobby_Fischer

Diverting it from if Phil knew about the £40,000?

Ok, let's simplify things for you. Phil and the rest of the trust board knew about the paid position Huw Cooze had as the supporters liason officer. Now then, so what?
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 23:06 - Jun 9 with 1635 viewsawayjack

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 13:51 - Jun 9 by Smellyplumz

This. Life is about having some personal values. There's a big difference between reasonable money to support your family and the greed to want millions and breach of principles by lying and cheating others. Our lot had already made millions and would have made millions more and still sell to right buyer not the first hedge fund to come along. Clearly to some money is everything. Sad.
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 23:35 - Jun 9 with 1599 viewsJacket

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 23:06 - Jun 9 by awayjack

This. Life is about having some personal values. There's a big difference between reasonable money to support your family and the greed to want millions and breach of principles by lying and cheating others. Our lot had already made millions and would have made millions more and still sell to right buyer not the first hedge fund to come along. Clearly to some money is everything. Sad.

And it's not all in the past. Huw Jenkins is still lining his pockets, he's made just shy of £1.3m since the sale went through - over ten times his original stake. And that's before you factor in the two dividend payments on his remaining shares.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 23:39]
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 00:02 - Jun 10 with 1565 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 14:19 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

Do same ?

Give- yes.

This is a crucial point.

Mel's shares were distributed as per the shareholders' agreement. The agreement that the sell outs claimed didn't exist years later when it suited them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 00:15 - Jun 10 with 1553 viewsJackBaston

If they were fans of the club theyd have done due dilligence on Kaplan and Levein, or the Americans before them who didn't even know we could get relegated

They could've easily sold the club to the Chinese investors

They did what they did for a quick sale with no care about what happens to the clubs, and personally it all comes down to the MM divorce
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 00:19 - Jun 10 with 1547 viewsJacket

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 00:15 - Jun 10 by JackBaston

If they were fans of the club theyd have done due dilligence on Kaplan and Levein, or the Americans before them who didn't even know we could get relegated

They could've easily sold the club to the Chinese investors

They did what they did for a quick sale with no care about what happens to the clubs, and personally it all comes down to the MM divorce

The Chinese route is no guarantee of success either - just look at West Brom and Aston Villa.
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 06:45 - Jun 10 with 1478 viewsjack247

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 00:19 - Jun 10 by Jacket

The Chinese route is no guarantee of success either - just look at West Brom and Aston Villa.

Or Wolves.

It’s no guarantee of success of course, but selling to a hedge fund, fronted by Levien and Kaplan, who may well be decent businessmen, but have already proved they weren’t great at the football side of things, was near enough a guarantee of failure.
Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 06:52 - Jun 10 with 1478 viewsRancid

Phil S? Did you know about the £40,000? on 21:02 - Jun 7 by Phil_S

Have you actually read the link that was posted - theres a clue in there

Now grab a sandwich (you do eat don't you?) and tell the world what you think you know because if its as good as the Mel Nurse sh1t you made up (and others told you outside of this site that you made that up too) then we are all years.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I think it's 'ears'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024