Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? 17:47 - Mar 30 with 4764 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Or would you rather us play direct, pragmatic football but be in contention for promotion?

Because I see so many swans fans gushing about our football. It will always be like this under Potter, he strikes me as another Rodgers. Which was fine when this football was new and opponents didn’t know how to defend against it. But now every team tries it and 9 times out of 10 it fails.

I want to see direct, attacking football again. I don’t care about possession stats and going backwards.

This post will get downvoted because I’m a realist and not sucking on Potters pen*s. But I’m fed up with the “we won the possession how did we lose?”

We’re not Man City, we don’t have Pep Guardiola and don’t have any money to spend on good players.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:17 - Mar 30 with 1122 viewsGlyn1

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:08 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have not seen anybody advocating for 'hoof style'. We just want to see something better than what we're witnessing now.

I remember reading countless posts and even hearing from friends and family how they look forward to us going down as at least we'll play nice football again.

The fact is we look as toothless at home against Rotherham, Ipswich and other woeful teams as we did against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and other far superior teams than what we're playing now. We are not playing good football at this moment in time and it looks like it is getting worse rather than any better.

"it looks like it is getting worse rather than any better."

I disagree. Compared to the start of the season we now have a settled side, and more experienced players who now know precisely how the manager wants them to play.

This season is over for us so I expect Potter to use the remaining matches to improve them further.

"We are not playing good football at this moment in time" Please write that on the Notts Forest forum because they would very much disagree with you.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 19:20]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:24 - Mar 30 with 1104 viewsOldjack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:08 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have not seen anybody advocating for 'hoof style'. We just want to see something better than what we're witnessing now.

I remember reading countless posts and even hearing from friends and family how they look forward to us going down as at least we'll play nice football again.

The fact is we look as toothless at home against Rotherham, Ipswich and other woeful teams as we did against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and other far superior teams than what we're playing now. We are not playing good football at this moment in time and it looks like it is getting worse rather than any better.

Crap , Overhaul we are playing very good football but it lacks class where it matters most ,our tools are not good enough its as simple as that

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:25 - Mar 30 with 1097 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:24 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

Crap , Overhaul we are playing very good football but it lacks class where it matters most ,our tools are not good enough its as simple as that

Our manager said he was happy with the tools at the start of the season. Was he incorrect, or was he lying?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:29 - Mar 30 with 1087 viewsNeathJack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:25 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our manager said he was happy with the tools at the start of the season. Was he incorrect, or was he lying?

He was being diplomatic.

But then you know that.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:30 - Mar 30 with 1086 viewsOldjack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:25 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He was incorrect after getting a bit of Cheery blossom poisoning
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 19:31]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:31 - Mar 30 with 1074 viewsjack247

We’ve had two deadline days since then
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:32 - Mar 30 with 1070 viewsFireboy2

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:29 - Mar 30 by NeathJack

He was being diplomatic.

But then you know that.

Why do you bother Nj,

Its just a line with a hook on.

Fvck him.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:41 - Mar 30 with 1044 viewsfishman

Well ,what WAS he going to say ? "nah these players are crap " !
We have coped extremely well bearing mind the playing staff has been decimated .
We have had NO left back for most of the season ,our only midfield enforcer ,Fer ,has missed the majority of the season ,and we ONLY have Mc Burnie as a centre forward option .I am not knocking any of the players who have filled in for those positions ,maybe their time will come ,maybe not .
And looking at our bench today ,thin is not the word .
We ALL want to see our team play better ,play faster ,score more goals ,defend sey pieces better ,etc ,etc
The simple thing is being left/ given the squad Potter has at his disposal ,i honestly think its an 8 out of 10 for me .
Also ,yes ,i would much prefer to watch the type of football we are playing ,rather than the "style" of Monk ,Sousa,Carvahal,Clement etc .
Also missed out that we have only had 2 central defenders for the last 6 weeks or so .
I dont normally get involved with the after match discussion ,win or lose ,but for once had to put in my two pennies worth
Login to get fewer ads

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:47 - Mar 30 with 1033 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:30 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

He was incorrect after getting a bit of Cheery blossom poisoning
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 19:31]

So he was incorrect in the Summer. What if he's incorrect again next Summer? We've been sliding down the table for a while now. What if that continues next season? Is relegation to League 1 acceptable because Potter can't implement the football he wants to play with the tools he deems to be suitable?

How far do we sink before we stop blaming the Americans who are just trying to clear up the huge mess left by years of Huw Jenkins recklessness?

I see a lot of similarities between how many fans (including some in this thread even) deemed Jenkins to be untouchable and with how they're viewing Potter now.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:06 - Mar 30 with 996 viewsTailGunner

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:47 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So he was incorrect in the Summer. What if he's incorrect again next Summer? We've been sliding down the table for a while now. What if that continues next season? Is relegation to League 1 acceptable because Potter can't implement the football he wants to play with the tools he deems to be suitable?

How far do we sink before we stop blaming the Americans who are just trying to clear up the huge mess left by years of Huw Jenkins recklessness?

I see a lot of similarities between how many fans (including some in this thread even) deemed Jenkins to be untouchable and with how they're viewing Potter now.

Clearing up the mess, by the potless hedge fund, means ridding us of all our talent.
Hence the downturn in points return, for however long it continues.
It's not difficult, but you know that. You are a troll.

If you genuinely don't then there is no hope for you.
You'll be licking windows in a matter of months
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:10 - Mar 30 with 994 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:06 - Mar 30 by TailGunner

Clearing up the mess, by the potless hedge fund, means ridding us of all our talent.
Hence the downturn in points return, for however long it continues.
It's not difficult, but you know that. You are a troll.

If you genuinely don't then there is no hope for you.
You'll be licking windows in a matter of months

I'm no fan of the Americans. I knew they would not be putting a penny in when they bought the club and anybody who thought otherwise is an idiot.

To be honest I am very happy they wish to run the club within its means. Surely that is what we want?

It wasn't the Americans who agreed to pay Gomis £80,000 a week, sign Baston for £15m and pay him to play in Spain, waste tens of millions on Bony, Ayew and so on.

Potter knew the deal when he joined. He's under performing massively. Even with all the departures this squad should be doing better than what they are. Far weaker squads are doing much better than us this season.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:11 - Mar 30 with 995 viewsMrSwerve

People have given me pelters on here for saying I'd rather win ugly.

The fact is, if we were playing like Stoke 2.0 and at the top of the Championship, no one would be complaining.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:23 - Mar 30 with 971 viewsTailGunner

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:10 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm no fan of the Americans. I knew they would not be putting a penny in when they bought the club and anybody who thought otherwise is an idiot.

To be honest I am very happy they wish to run the club within its means. Surely that is what we want?

It wasn't the Americans who agreed to pay Gomis £80,000 a week, sign Baston for £15m and pay him to play in Spain, waste tens of millions on Bony, Ayew and so on.

Potter knew the deal when he joined. He's under performing massively. Even with all the departures this squad should be doing better than what they are. Far weaker squads are doing much better than us this season.

It's wasn't the Americans who bought Bony, Ayew, Clucas, Etc??????????? WTF??

Gross negligence right there. If they couldn't finance those deals without putting the survival of the club in massive jeapordy, it's gross negligence.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:23 - Mar 30 with 972 viewsplasjack

Our problem the way I see it is set pieces, our defence is not up to balls in the box.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 21:03 - Mar 30 with 938 viewsOldjack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:47 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I've been saying this ever since greed took over. I'll not be surprised the little talent we got now will be sold on this summer with very little coming back into the club ,You can't blame the manager he's been dealt a bum deal and I fear it's going to get a lot worse thanks to Greed!

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 05:48 - Mar 31 with 856 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:11 - Mar 30 by MrSwerve

The fact is, if we were playing like Stoke 2.0 and at the top of the Championship, no one would be complaining.

Lots of proud Jacks in here too ashamed to admit this.

We’ll be in League One in two seasons. But it’s alright, because we win the possession.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 07:09 - Mar 31 with 843 viewsjack247

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 20:11 - Mar 30 by MrSwerve

Same answer as I gave to Brad earlier. What makes you think we’d be top of the Championship playing that kind of football?
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:14 - Mar 31 with 798 viewsChief

I think most Swans fans aren't exactly delighted by where we are in the table but are realistic to realise that there is very little alternative.

If we are going to change the style of play we need a new striker, several new midfielders, several new defenders and a new goal keeper and we all know that isn't going to happen - these players have to be good at what they do also, there's no point bringing in a load of CBR standard players because we will be bottom then.

The squad is what it is, I can't see the likes of Celina, Byers, Grimes playing a more in your face style do you?

And if Potter apparently isn't getting the best out of the current squad who will? I have no Idea myself.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:39 - Mar 31 with 783 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:14 - Mar 31 by Chief

I think most Swans fans aren't exactly delighted by where we are in the table but are realistic to realise that there is very little alternative.

If we are going to change the style of play we need a new striker, several new midfielders, several new defenders and a new goal keeper and we all know that isn't going to happen - these players have to be good at what they do also, there's no point bringing in a load of CBR standard players because we will be bottom then.

The squad is what it is, I can't see the likes of Celina, Byers, Grimes playing a more in your face style do you?

And if Potter apparently isn't getting the best out of the current squad who will? I have no Idea myself.

If we need 'several new midfielders, several new defenders, a new goal keeper and a new striker' to get the most out of 'Potter ball' then it's ridiculous to even attempt playing that way when we don't have the ability to bring in that many players.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:44 - Mar 31 with 778 viewsFireboy2

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:39 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If we need 'several new midfielders, several new defenders, a new goal keeper and a new striker' to get the most out of 'Potter ball' then it's ridiculous to even attempt playing that way when we don't have the ability to bring in that many players.

Chief did actually say that bringing in that many players isnt going to happen.

I suggest you read the post before you post
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 773 viewsChief

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:39 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No you've misunderstood - those are the positions we'd need to change to play a more physical, pragmatic in your face style of play that some posters are advocating.

To improve on the current style needs more players too of course, but not as many with hopefully the inexperienced players improving with more gametime (if they aren't all sold) . I'd like to see a blend of both myself, but that involves having multiple options - something Potter isn't going to be allowed to have.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:55 - Mar 31 with 770 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:47 - Mar 31 by Chief

No you've misunderstood - those are the positions we'd need to change to play a more physical, pragmatic in your face style of play that some posters are advocating.

To improve on the current style needs more players too of course, but not as many with hopefully the inexperienced players improving with more gametime (if they aren't all sold) . I'd like to see a blend of both myself, but that involves having multiple options - something Potter isn't going to be allowed to have.

To improve on the current style we need a comprehensive overhaul as well. Even players brought in under Potter's watch have proven to not fit the style. Carter Vickers would clearly love nothing more than to be allowed to hoof it up field as he's useless at bringing the ball out.

I don't even know how to describe Asoro. As soon as he gets the ball at his feet, he puts his head down and runs. However usually he loses the ball right away. Even without the ball he has no concept of pressuring the opposition as we saw when he spent 5 seconds stationary on the edge of our box literally staring at the wide open Barnardo Silva before he received the ball and scored.

The players in our squad most suited and comfortable with this style (Routledge, Dyer, Carroll, Fer) will be gone within months. It leaves us a disjointed mess.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 10:31 - Mar 31 with 747 viewsChief

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 09:55 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To improve on the current style we need a comprehensive overhaul as well. Even players brought in under Potter's watch have proven to not fit the style. Carter Vickers would clearly love nothing more than to be allowed to hoof it up field as he's useless at bringing the ball out.

I don't even know how to describe Asoro. As soon as he gets the ball at his feet, he puts his head down and runs. However usually he loses the ball right away. Even without the ball he has no concept of pressuring the opposition as we saw when he spent 5 seconds stationary on the edge of our box literally staring at the wide open Barnardo Silva before he received the ball and scored.

The players in our squad most suited and comfortable with this style (Routledge, Dyer, Carroll, Fer) will be gone within months. It leaves us a disjointed mess.

Asoro is rubbish agreed.

And yes plenty more players are going in the summer limiting Potter's options even further agreed.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 10:39 - Mar 31 with 742 viewsMrSwerve

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 07:09 - Mar 31 by jack247

Same answer as I gave to Brad earlier. What makes you think we’d be top of the Championship playing that kind of football?

I’m not saying we would be, I’m just saying that winning is more important than style of play to me, and in reality most fans would be happy with a successful team however we were playing.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 10:55 - Mar 31 with 730 viewsTailGunner

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 10:39 - Mar 31 by MrSwerve

I’m not saying we would be, I’m just saying that winning is more important than style of play to me, and in reality most fans would be happy with a successful team however we were playing.

The vast majority of fans on here & social media have praised the way we have tried to play in very trying circumstances all season.

It doesn't always come off, but some of our play has been breathtaking, best I've seen for years.

As someone who will be there whatever our firm, whatever league we are in I'm loving it.

We are not perfect by any stretch, but just a little backing for this gaffer would bring us plenty of success IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024