Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? 21:23 - Mar 9 with 40340 viewsNeathJack

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:27]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:35 - Mar 10 with 2872 viewspencoedjack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 18:41 - Mar 10 by Darran

Lisa,it baffles me why you bother to reply.

Me too.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:45 - Mar 10 with 2819 viewsmagicdaps10

It is the usual thread kill!!

The spin is incredible on this site by some. The absolute shocking call that people were wrong to call out Jenkins for his antics is baffling at best........as if we are getting what we deserve.

If it is wrong for being worried for your club being sold to wrong people for the wrong reasons, wrong for concern for disastrous transfer windows that were as clear as day, wrong to be wary of promises and statements from the people in charge......then yes the fans are to blame.

The waft of lies, deceit and treachery are getting clearer and clearer by the week yet for some reason, some are content to question our attitude towards the americans/former board members.

I do question wether some on here are true fans of Swansea City because for me, the point of sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious went a long time ago.

The time for knocking the trust is not now and anyone who is willing and content to do so in my eyes is doing so with an agenda. We need the trust now more than ever, I am not interested in what has been said, done or not done.......the time is to pull together and get these yanks out of our club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:46 - Mar 10 with 2814 viewsleighton1318

Spent all day wondering what Trevor Birch can bring that is so special.

The basic business challenges are pretty clear as you only have about three levers to play with:
- ordinary course income (gate, TV, sponsorship) - not much he can do about that
- transfer income - clearly a job to be done in selling players (let’s not debate who) but there must be plenty of other people who know how to do that
- get the wages into line with the income - see transfers above

The only other areas relating to the budget are:
- collecting our transfer income owed (instalments)
- managing whatever payments we owe

And:
- the wider cost base generally

I can see how a restructuring man would have a role there (it wouldn’t be pretty) but I still wonder why the US shareholders can’t do things like that themselves or through their CFO. They must be on top of the financial commitments.

I think the idea of Birch looking into whether the Americans were sold a pup (as mention d above) is interesting but you don’t need him as chairman for that.

Are the Americans looking for a sale? Again, you don’t need Birch as chairman to do that.

Speculating but I wonder if the Americans have simply hired D&P to do the role of distressed financial adviser - manage costs day to day, collect debtors, do deals with creditors, attack the cost budget. All the accountancy firms do this - and the journo has not quite got the right angle on the story. It would illustrate just how false an image of the business the Americans seemed to have. Just guessing though.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:52 - Mar 10 with 2788 viewswaynekerr55

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:45 - Mar 10 by magicdaps10

It is the usual thread kill!!

The spin is incredible on this site by some. The absolute shocking call that people were wrong to call out Jenkins for his antics is baffling at best........as if we are getting what we deserve.

If it is wrong for being worried for your club being sold to wrong people for the wrong reasons, wrong for concern for disastrous transfer windows that were as clear as day, wrong to be wary of promises and statements from the people in charge......then yes the fans are to blame.

The waft of lies, deceit and treachery are getting clearer and clearer by the week yet for some reason, some are content to question our attitude towards the americans/former board members.

I do question wether some on here are true fans of Swansea City because for me, the point of sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious went a long time ago.

The time for knocking the trust is not now and anyone who is willing and content to do so in my eyes is doing so with an agenda. We need the trust now more than ever, I am not interested in what has been said, done or not done.......the time is to pull together and get these yanks out of our club.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:53 - Mar 10 with 2783 viewswaynekerr55

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:46 - Mar 10 by leighton1318

Spent all day wondering what Trevor Birch can bring that is so special.

The basic business challenges are pretty clear as you only have about three levers to play with:
- ordinary course income (gate, TV, sponsorship) - not much he can do about that
- transfer income - clearly a job to be done in selling players (let’s not debate who) but there must be plenty of other people who know how to do that
- get the wages into line with the income - see transfers above

The only other areas relating to the budget are:
- collecting our transfer income owed (instalments)
- managing whatever payments we owe

And:
- the wider cost base generally

I can see how a restructuring man would have a role there (it wouldn’t be pretty) but I still wonder why the US shareholders can’t do things like that themselves or through their CFO. They must be on top of the financial commitments.

I think the idea of Birch looking into whether the Americans were sold a pup (as mention d above) is interesting but you don’t need him as chairman for that.

Are the Americans looking for a sale? Again, you don’t need Birch as chairman to do that.

Speculating but I wonder if the Americans have simply hired D&P to do the role of distressed financial adviser - manage costs day to day, collect debtors, do deals with creditors, attack the cost budget. All the accountancy firms do this - and the journo has not quite got the right angle on the story. It would illustrate just how false an image of the business the Americans seemed to have. Just guessing though.

They've been sold a dream, no doubt.

Why on earth did they keep Jenkins in situ for so long, given the mess is largely his doing?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:57 - Mar 10 with 2753 viewsQJumpingJack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 16:47 - Mar 10 by jasper_T

It's Sunday, mate.

The website has been updating all day about season renewals and Man City tickets so they could have easily confirmed the Stuart James story.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:13 - Mar 10 with 2660 viewsWingstandwood

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:53 - Mar 10 by waynekerr55

They've been sold a dream, no doubt.

Why on earth did they keep Jenkins in situ for so long, given the mess is largely his doing?

Yeah, they were warned, warned, and warned again and despite the gathering evidence that Jenkins was a ruinous Kamikaze incompetent they continued.

There are only three reasons for that IMO. No1: The Americans were naive and gullible, beyond belief bedazzled by JTAK myth and over-hype and believed Jenkins was some genius, albeit going through a bad patch that was nothing of his making.

No2: They wanted to spite SCST.

No3: Or finally the Jenkins negotiated himself utterly preposterous over generous terms and conditions that were totally out of sync with reality itself.

If I was a hedge fund investor I would be absolutely livid with the Portfolio management because it is ruinous practice to have an incompetent buffoon CEO destined to bring profit warning after profit warning. Which ='s a monumental crash in portfolio/investment value.

Argus!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:25 - Mar 10 with 2609 viewsQJumpingJack

Petty united the Swans fans base.

Kaplan, Levien and Pearlman have successfully split the supporters. Its quite an achievement.

Birch has a huge job on his hands.
Login to get fewer ads

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:25 - Mar 10 with 2608 viewsFlashberryjack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:58 - Mar 9 by monmouth

But at least they will have worked with the Trust to source and make the appointment. They did say they would after all, and they wouldn’t lie.

Are the trust aware of this appointment ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:28 - Mar 10 with 2591 viewsBluebird

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 00:41 - Mar 10 by Loyal

They thought Huw was a miracle worker now clever fcking Trevor is the answer ...
Fck me, without any proof to disprove it I'm saying these cnts have filtered their cash away already. They are doing a runner folks, cold light of day as well.

I agree I think the yanks have filtered back their money and a bit more already. Next step get birch to make the things look better and flog you to anyone whose willing to meet their value. Just hope it’s someone decent
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:28 - Mar 10 with 2586 viewsQJumpingJack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:25 - Mar 10 by Flashberryjack

Are the trust aware of this appointment ?

I doubt the Trust can make any comment until the club confirm the appointment.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:36 - Mar 10 with 2542 viewsmahoss

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:28 - Mar 10 by Bluebird

I agree I think the yanks have filtered back their money and a bit more already. Next step get birch to make the things look better and flog you to anyone whose willing to meet their value. Just hope it’s someone decent

Obvious really.
Hang around for 2 years parachute payments (3rd year not worth it)
And then sell........to who I wonder ?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:47 - Mar 10 with 2490 viewsDarran

It does make you wonder if someone had heard about this from the inside and asked to have their account deleted to stop them from looking even stupider mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:14 - Mar 10 with 2374 viewsbuilthjack

Of course she should answer. In two words.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:17 - Mar 10 with 2360 viewsDarran

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:14 - Mar 10 by builthjack

Of course she should answer. In two words.

Great post.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:30 - Mar 10 with 2192 viewsAngelRangelQS

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:57 - Mar 10 by QJumpingJack

The website has been updating all day about season renewals and Man City tickets so they could have easily confirmed the Stuart James story.

Probably scheduled posts I’d imagine
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:32 - Mar 10 with 2186 viewsAngelRangelQS

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:07 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

The Americans have to shoulder a proportion of the blame because they allowed Jenkins to do it.

Agreed.

It puts paid to all the arguments that we should have been spending money mind doesn’t it?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:32 - Mar 10 with 2185 viewsDarran

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:30 - Mar 10 by AngelRangelQS

Probably scheduled posts I’d imagine

Yeah but they could have confirmed a tweet off a journo mun. 👀

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:39 - Mar 10 with 2171 viewsCroftyjack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:17 - Mar 10 by Darran

Great post.

Hopefully he will understand the two pronged challenge, that is...1) fill the financial holes whilst developing a new business structure going forward and 2) Have a competitive squad ready to challenge next season.
This can be achieved by a sensible person as we do have assets that are not part of the future we can sell.
example..A.Ayew £8m..J.Ayew £5m..Baston £5m..Narsingh £1m..Dyer £1m, All should be achievable bringing in around £20m.
Give £5m to Potter to add 2 or 3 to compliment the squad...still leaving around £15m to fill but if it can be structured better should be achievable.
Of course this is too easy but should be the aim.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:48 - Mar 10 with 2142 viewsthornabyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:39 - Mar 10 by Croftyjack

Hopefully he will understand the two pronged challenge, that is...1) fill the financial holes whilst developing a new business structure going forward and 2) Have a competitive squad ready to challenge next season.
This can be achieved by a sensible person as we do have assets that are not part of the future we can sell.
example..A.Ayew £8m..J.Ayew £5m..Baston £5m..Narsingh £1m..Dyer £1m, All should be achievable bringing in around £20m.
Give £5m to Potter to add 2 or 3 to compliment the squad...still leaving around £15m to fill but if it can be structured better should be achievable.
Of course this is too easy but should be the aim.

Ideally yes shift the players you listed.
But don't you think it would have been done last summer if there were clubs willing to pay.
All are now on shorter contracts Narsingh is out of contract so will go on a free so will Fer.

Unfortunately the big fees will be made on Ollie and Dan James possibly Rodon as well.
Hope I am wrong but that's my take on it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:50 - Mar 10 with 2123 viewsJinxy

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 20:28 - Mar 10 by Bluebird

...birch...flog... Just when I thought this thread was getting boring.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:56 - Mar 10 with 2094 viewsTaliesin

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:44 - Mar 9 by dickythorpe

Well I hope he tries to bring back Ash who was as solid as an Oak for us, maple he'll be good for us. I'm sycamore this negativity.

Like an Elder statesman. Goes a bit against the grain
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 01:45 - Mar 11 with 1938 viewsJinxy

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:56 - Mar 10 by Taliesin

Like an Elder statesman. Goes a bit against the grain

Let's hope we see him at the game on Wednesday, you know - at the Hawthorns.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 02:30 - Mar 11 with 1912 viewsDJack

I suspect it is because there is some (please excuse me, Lisa, for the term) DOG in her. I suspect that she is where she is through determination and beating the odds, fighting for what she wants/believes in is natural to her.

The responses to her from the limp"masculines" speaks volumes. Jst look at the "cheerleader" swans_si ...and pity him.

Keep it up Lisa and even if you do make a mistake at any time at least you will do it with integrity and in with open honesty unlike some of the propaganderists on here.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 03:13 - Mar 11 with 2020 viewsDJack

Stop talking to your mirror.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024