Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forward from Linfield 09:03 - Aug 18 with 13513 viewsaston_hoop

We have made an offer for Linfield forward Paul Smyth apparently. 19 years old. Anyone know anything about him?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Forward from Linfield on 18:08 - Aug 26 with 3486 viewsDougal_RBlock

Word from Belfast is that this is a done deal and he is flying over this weekend.
He's also expecting to be challenging for 1st team positions rather than U23 development side.
Forward from Linfield on 15:09 - Aug 28 with 2974 viewsvegasranger

I read in the Belfast Telegraph that he said his goodbyes this weekend. He is a winger who sometimes plays as a striker. Nineteen ,pacy with good technique.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 15:22]
Forward from Linfield on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 2808 viewsBoston

Forward from Linfield on 15:09 - Aug 28 by vegasranger

I read in the Belfast Telegraph that he said his goodbyes this weekend. He is a winger who sometimes plays as a striker. Nineteen ,pacy with good technique.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 15:22]

Belfast lad bombing down the wings...it's going to be an interesting season.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Forward from Linfield on 18:46 - Aug 28 with 2711 viewsGloucs_R

Younger version of Mackie. Always chasing down the ball.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Forward from Linfield on 22:35 - Aug 28 with 2440 viewseghamranger

Done deal as per the BBC website and his old manager. I'm sure he would have been at HQ today with the flag above his head and another pic of him with Ollie and les.

Sounds an interesting player and could be what we need upfront
Forward from Linfield on 22:42 - Aug 28 with 2420 viewskomradkirk

Good luck to him and nice to see a fellow countryman at HQ as always.
N.I.International hopefully in the near future.
Forward from Linfield on 23:19 - Aug 28 with 2366 viewsTrom

Forward from Linfield on 22:42 - Aug 28 by komradkirk

Good luck to him and nice to see a fellow countryman at HQ as always.
N.I.International hopefully in the near future.

Now there's a team which has performed above and beyond expectations.
Forward from Linfield on 09:52 - Aug 29 with 2201 viewsterryb

I'm told this is now a confirmed deal & on the offie.

Welcome Paul.
Login to get fewer ads

Forward from Linfield on 09:56 - Aug 29 with 2193 viewsNorthernr

QPR should play this ultra, ultra low key. The temptation will be to try and hold him up to the baying morons on Twitter and shout "look see we are signing players, we are scouting, this guy's great" but it just adds pressure. Treat it like the Chair signing, which none of us really knew had even happened.
Forward from Linfield on 10:05 - Aug 29 with 2160 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone getting excited about a £150k, 19 year old from Linfield needs their head examining anyway!

Forward from Linfield on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 2079 viewsHooparoo

Forward from Linfield on 09:56 - Aug 29 by Northernr

QPR should play this ultra, ultra low key. The temptation will be to try and hold him up to the baying morons on Twitter and shout "look see we are signing players, we are scouting, this guy's great" but it just adds pressure. Treat it like the Chair signing, which none of us really knew had even happened.

Agree Clive. Would be nice to get away from all the "hey, look at me" crap that is just playing to the twitterati.

Keep calm and GET ON WITH IT!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Forward from Linfield on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 2075 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Forward from Linfield on 10:05 - Aug 29 by Gloucs_R

Anyone getting excited about a £150k, 19 year old from Linfield needs their head examining anyway!

Maybe this is the first scouted player under the new regime.
Let's give him a chance at least eh!
Forward from Linfield on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 2046 viewsTonto

Forward from Linfield on 10:59 - Aug 29 by CroydonCaptJack

oh the naivety!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Forward from Linfield on 11:33 - Aug 29 with 1991 viewsDorse

We could give him the traditional Loftus Road welcome?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forward from Linfield on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 1976 viewsGloucs_R

Of course.....I'd love him to be brilliant....but if he isn't, I wont be disappointed.

Forward from Linfield on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 1976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome aboard, Paul.

Looking forward to seeing how he'll develop with the U23's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Forward from Linfield on 12:45 - Aug 29 with 1843 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Forward from Linfield on 11:39 - Aug 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Welcome aboard, Paul.

Looking forward to seeing how he'll develop with the U23's.

Paul is one of the best talents to come from Linfield and in fact the WHOLE Irish league in many years. He plays with his heart on his sleeve every week, and I for one am devastated that he is leaving Linfield. However, this is a great chance for him and we couldn't stand in his way.

He can play on either wing and also through the middle. He's direct and likes to take players on. Probably more dangerous out wide. Still only 19 and learning all the time. For £150k, QPR have got themselves a smashing player, who could develop into being a great signing long term. Will be keeping a close eye on how he progesses.
Forward from Linfield on 12:50 - Aug 29 with 1812 viewsmikeygunn

Forward from Linfield on 12:45 - Aug 29 by AndyLinfieldFC

Paul is one of the best talents to come from Linfield and in fact the WHOLE Irish league in many years. He plays with his heart on his sleeve every week, and I for one am devastated that he is leaving Linfield. However, this is a great chance for him and we couldn't stand in his way.

He can play on either wing and also through the middle. He's direct and likes to take players on. Probably more dangerous out wide. Still only 19 and learning all the time. For £150k, QPR have got themselves a smashing player, who could develop into being a great signing long term. Will be keeping a close eye on how he progesses.

Cheers Andy, thanks for sharing that with us. I much prefer these signings to the bad old premier league deals. Hopefully we develop him right and he becomes a star for QPR and the national side.
Forward from Linfield on 12:53 - Aug 29 with 1798 viewsDorse

That's really good to hear Andy. Best of luck to Linfield this season.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forward from Linfield on 12:59 - Aug 29 with 1772 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

What I should say is though, he is quite small and some may think he is "too small". However, he is robust in the tackle to and doesn't mind putting himself about. He gets very frustrated, understandably, as he is kicked up and down the pitch most Saturdays, and referees seemingly allow it, then he loses the head and he will pick up the odd yellow card.
Forward from Linfield on 13:02 - Aug 29 with 1755 viewsToast_R

Again its the QPR of old way of doing buainess. Lets hope with time and patience he turns out to be a little gem.
Forward from Linfield on 13:26 - Aug 29 with 1672 viewskensalriser

Forward from Linfield on 12:59 - Aug 29 by AndyLinfieldFC

What I should say is though, he is quite small and some may think he is "too small". However, he is robust in the tackle to and doesn't mind putting himself about. He gets very frustrated, understandably, as he is kicked up and down the pitch most Saturdays, and referees seemingly allow it, then he loses the head and he will pick up the odd yellow card.

Fingers crossed he doesn't come up against Bradley Johnson when we play Derby then, as that'll be a red.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Forward from Linfield on 13:44 - Aug 29 with 1598 viewsFDC

Cheers for this Andy, good to hear from people that have seen him play.

Assuming we are going to continue (at least starting games) with a 3-5-2 formation, presumably Holloway plans to use him as a striker.
Forward from Linfield on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 1548 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that Andy.

What's his character like - is he popular with fans and other players, good professional, hard trainer etc.?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Forward from Linfield on 14:06 - Aug 29 with 1539 viewsFDC

#rightsort
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024