Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ref 14:02 - Nov 18 with 5559 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't help noticing that every ref announcement brings groans from us all.

Who're the worst refs? Are there any good ones at all? Do they all hates us? Will I ever run out of question marks?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Ref on 14:08 - Nov 18 with 4657 viewskingsburyR

Never heard the chant...."the referees a great bloke"

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Worst Ref on 14:09 - Nov 18 with 4654 viewsWokingR

Oh Brian, what have you done.
I can hear Clive hyper ventilating already

At least narrow the parameters by limiting the discussion to Premier League refs or he'll have a meltdown
Worst Ref on 14:14 - Nov 18 with 4640 viewspaulparker

top 3 worst ive ever seen live

Gurnham Singh vs Spurs - enuff said

Andy Hall vs Crewe , if we had won the game we would of had a chance of auto promotion , but that d ick Hall sent of Stephen Kelly for having the ball kicked against him from a yard out, I cant remember the other rangers player who was sent off
what I do recall though is a brilliant defensive display (esp Steve Palmer) and a rangers fan who got on the pitch to have a pop at Hall
also im sure it was Hall who sent of Evatt in the cup tie against Northampton when we lost 4-1 ? evatt was no where near the last man , terrible ref and an ugly looking gimp to boot

Rob Styles vs Wycombe, sends off 2 of ours (Bircham for getting hacked to death)
then disallows a perfectly good goal, when we did score he just stood there for ages and couldn't bring himself to point at the centre spot to acknowledge the goal
this was on the back of a shocking display a few years before when he sent off Steiner against Fulham and disallowed a perfectly good goal against sheff Wed at home ,
what stands out to men that Wycombe game was the away end going mental at styles for being a cheating vvanker , we got a corner and styles was in the 6 yard box facing the away end bobbing up & down like a boxer does, he was practically goading the away end as if to say come on then, never forgot that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Ref on 14:23 - Nov 18 with 4622 viewsAntti_Heinola

Styles easily the biggest dick of a ref.
Most arrogant - Steve Bennett - who refused to even look at the evidence that Langers had his foot stamped on at Oldham and therefore did not make a meal out of nothing. The fact he wouldn't even look was so idiotic. That decision effectively cost us promotion.

Bare bones.

Worst Ref on 14:25 - Nov 18 with 4610 viewsRangersw12

Worst Ref Styles at Fulham away , Charlton away and Wycomb he clearly hated us for some reason

I also hate the Shrew looking fella Michael Oliver

best ref in the Premier League is

Clattenburg
Worst Ref on 14:26 - Nov 18 with 4606 viewskensalriser

Soon as I saw this I thought of the Styles Wycombe game. That must be the most incompetent ref performance I've ever seen at a live game.

Bri - you must surely know by now that everyone hates us?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Worst Ref on 14:31 - Nov 18 with 4597 viewsHantsR

Little Gavin Ward must get an honourable mention in this thread?
Worst Ref on 14:33 - Nov 18 with 4591 viewsDiscodroids

i sometime think bri, the ref must be the reincarnation of gentleman jack taylor, in addition the newcastle catering facilities must be a baroque banquet of beguiling quality , the home support make more noise than a solar flare and the P.A the magic of larry levan ....
.......if so then the resulting insipid 3-0 defeat is of no importance to the intrepid QPR away fan of the countries eponymous avenues and alleyways in 2014/5.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ref on 14:34 - Nov 18 with 4590 viewsHantsR

Worst Ref on 14:14 - Nov 18 by paulparker

top 3 worst ive ever seen live

Gurnham Singh vs Spurs - enuff said

Andy Hall vs Crewe , if we had won the game we would of had a chance of auto promotion , but that d ick Hall sent of Stephen Kelly for having the ball kicked against him from a yard out, I cant remember the other rangers player who was sent off
what I do recall though is a brilliant defensive display (esp Steve Palmer) and a rangers fan who got on the pitch to have a pop at Hall
also im sure it was Hall who sent of Evatt in the cup tie against Northampton when we lost 4-1 ? evatt was no where near the last man , terrible ref and an ugly looking gimp to boot

Rob Styles vs Wycombe, sends off 2 of ours (Bircham for getting hacked to death)
then disallows a perfectly good goal, when we did score he just stood there for ages and couldn't bring himself to point at the centre spot to acknowledge the goal
this was on the back of a shocking display a few years before when he sent off Steiner against Fulham and disallowed a perfectly good goal against sheff Wed at home ,
what stands out to men that Wycombe game was the away end going mental at styles for being a cheating vvanker , we got a corner and styles was in the 6 yard box facing the away end bobbing up & down like a boxer does, he was practically goading the away end as if to say come on then, never forgot that

v Crewe...t'was Clarke Carlise I think?
Worst Ref on 14:46 - Nov 18 with 4569 viewsjohncharles

Mike Dean deserves a mention. Not only was he incompetent and biased he got the FA to charge us £20,000 for pointing this out to him during the match.

Strong and stable my arse.

Worst Ref on 14:55 - Nov 18 with 4555 viewsCamberleyR

Chris Foy I quite like. He never seems to be afraid of giving decisions against the big boys and I get the impression he doesn't like the scum much

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Worst Ref on 15:12 - Nov 18 with 4532 viewsKonk

Mark Halsey was, is and always will be a completely sh it referee and blatantly hates Fulham. During Arsenal's unbeaten season, at 0-0 he awarded us a penalty and then changed his mind because the Arsenal players surrounded him, and then disallowed a perfectly good Fulham goal even though not one Arsenal player appealed. Later on he explained that Arsenal's reaction to the penalty had swayed his mind. However, ignoring his own logic, he disallowed a goal that no-one was complaining about. If you're reading this Mark, you're a cu nt. And if you're not reading it, you're still a cun t.

From the Guardian:

Referees rarely admit to mistakes, but Mark Halsey's comments after a game riddled with controversy neither clarified his bizarre decisions nor appeased Fulham's burning sense of anger.
The first came in the 32nd minute, when Andy Cole was through on goal, ready to pull the trigger, when his Arsenal namesake Ashley arrived with a sliding tackle that was fractionally late and missed the ball but got the man.

Halsey immediately whistled and pointed to the spot as the home supporters began to celebrate - prematurely, as it transpired.

As Arsenal protested, Halsey consulted his assistant Dave Bryan, who was 30 yards away and unsighted, and decided to rescind the decision and gave the ball back to Lehmann to restart play.

The Fulham contingent were apoplectic and the booing had not subsided when the referee added insult to injury shortly before half-time, disallowing a headed goal from Collins John for a barely perceptible foul.

Those decisions knocked the stuffing out of Fulham and they ran out of steam against an Arsenal side who scored three times in the second half to keep up their 100 per cent record.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman was barely able to contain his anger. 'I was too emotional to go and see [the referee] so I kept away. He was crap. It was an amazing decision to give a penalty and then change his mind. He got it wrong on two occasions and he admitted he got it wrong. He had a stinker.'

Halsey tried to explain that what he had got wrong was the original decision to award a penalty. But his reasoning was illogical, arguing that Cole and Cole were making an honest attempt to play the ball, but Ashley hit Andy, not the ball. A penalty, surely.

More worryingly, Halsey explained that it was the players' protests that made him think again. 'The reactions of the players from both sides put a little doubt in my mind.

'If I had given the penalty, I would have had to dismiss Ashley Cole, so I could have been wrong on two counts. Hands up I made a mistake initially, but at the end we came to the right decision.'

The moral is simple: the referee's decision is final, unless you argue long and loud enough.

'You have to accept the decision of the referee,' said Arsenal's Arsène Wenger.

Every time I hear about the Arsenal "Invincibles" it winds me up cos we'd have beaten those tw ats with a semi-competent ref.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Worst Ref on 15:13 - Nov 18 with 4529 viewsDWQPR

It does say something that the name of Gurnam Singh is still remembered nearly 24 years after his only appearance at Loftus Road. Went to that game with a Spuds supporting mate and even he admitted he hadn't seen such a display of one-sided incompetence.

Another referee of sheer shite was the one and only (person on the field of play that mattered), Uriah Rennie

What a grade A knut he was.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Worst Ref on 15:23 - Nov 18 with 4507 viewsKonk

Worst Ref on 15:13 - Nov 18 by DWQPR

It does say something that the name of Gurnam Singh is still remembered nearly 24 years after his only appearance at Loftus Road. Went to that game with a Spuds supporting mate and even he admitted he hadn't seen such a display of one-sided incompetence.

Another referee of sheer shite was the one and only (person on the field of play that mattered), Uriah Rennie

What a grade A knut he was.

Uriah Rennie — we had him down at Barnet once and he was a fu cking shocker. Apologies about the Halsey rant, but what with this being a QPR board and him being a QPR fan…

Worst Ref on 15:32 - Nov 18 with 4489 viewsSonofNorfolt

Worst Ref on 15:23 - Nov 18 by Konk

Uriah Rennie — we had him down at Barnet once and he was a fu cking shocker. Apologies about the Halsey rant, but what with this being a QPR board and him being a QPR fan…

I'm not sure Halsey is Rangers Konk. Graham Poll is however.
Worst Ref on 15:32 - Nov 18 with 4489 viewsstowmarketrange

Worst Ref on 15:12 - Nov 18 by Konk

Mark Halsey was, is and always will be a completely sh it referee and blatantly hates Fulham. During Arsenal's unbeaten season, at 0-0 he awarded us a penalty and then changed his mind because the Arsenal players surrounded him, and then disallowed a perfectly good Fulham goal even though not one Arsenal player appealed. Later on he explained that Arsenal's reaction to the penalty had swayed his mind. However, ignoring his own logic, he disallowed a goal that no-one was complaining about. If you're reading this Mark, you're a cu nt. And if you're not reading it, you're still a cun t.

From the Guardian:

Referees rarely admit to mistakes, but Mark Halsey's comments after a game riddled with controversy neither clarified his bizarre decisions nor appeased Fulham's burning sense of anger.
The first came in the 32nd minute, when Andy Cole was through on goal, ready to pull the trigger, when his Arsenal namesake Ashley arrived with a sliding tackle that was fractionally late and missed the ball but got the man.

Halsey immediately whistled and pointed to the spot as the home supporters began to celebrate - prematurely, as it transpired.

As Arsenal protested, Halsey consulted his assistant Dave Bryan, who was 30 yards away and unsighted, and decided to rescind the decision and gave the ball back to Lehmann to restart play.

The Fulham contingent were apoplectic and the booing had not subsided when the referee added insult to injury shortly before half-time, disallowing a headed goal from Collins John for a barely perceptible foul.

Those decisions knocked the stuffing out of Fulham and they ran out of steam against an Arsenal side who scored three times in the second half to keep up their 100 per cent record.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman was barely able to contain his anger. 'I was too emotional to go and see [the referee] so I kept away. He was crap. It was an amazing decision to give a penalty and then change his mind. He got it wrong on two occasions and he admitted he got it wrong. He had a stinker.'

Halsey tried to explain that what he had got wrong was the original decision to award a penalty. But his reasoning was illogical, arguing that Cole and Cole were making an honest attempt to play the ball, but Ashley hit Andy, not the ball. A penalty, surely.

More worryingly, Halsey explained that it was the players' protests that made him think again. 'The reactions of the players from both sides put a little doubt in my mind.

'If I had given the penalty, I would have had to dismiss Ashley Cole, so I could have been wrong on two counts. Hands up I made a mistake initially, but at the end we came to the right decision.'

The moral is simple: the referee's decision is final, unless you argue long and loud enough.

'You have to accept the decision of the referee,' said Arsenal's Arsène Wenger.

Every time I hear about the Arsenal "Invincibles" it winds me up cos we'd have beaten those tw ats with a semi-competent ref.

They also got a very dodgy penalty at home against Portsmouth,but no-one ever talks about that now.There was a bird talking on 5live a few weeks back as she'd written a book about Arsenils achievements.Only Steve C*ntridge had the balls to say anything about it.
Worst Ref on 15:43 - Nov 18 with 4463 viewsKonk

Worst Ref on 15:32 - Nov 18 by SonofNorfolt

He's definitely Rangers and definitely has an issue with Fulham. I'm not the sort of paranoid nutter who looks at his programme and shouts out, "The ref's from Warrington - no wonder he's given Scunthorpe a penalty!", but we might as well have not bothered turning up when we had Halsey. Apparently him and Poll (dear God) don't get on.

Worst Ref on 15:50 - Nov 18 with 4440 viewsDWQPR

Worst Ref on 15:32 - Nov 18 by SonofNorfolt

He is definitely Rangers. Many years ago an old work colleague who was a referee in non-league football attended a question and answer session with Halsey. He was asked about embarrassing moments whilst refereeing. He explained that he was a QPR supporter and was refereeing an FA Cup game between us and Huddersfield in the late 90's at Loftus Road. With a few minutes remaining and with Rangers losing 1-0 we had a free kick, which if I remember correctly Mark Hateley cracked onto the cross bar, Halsey's reaction was an audible 'f**k it', certainly within earshot of a Huddersfield defender, who questioned what he had said. Halsey's quick reply was that he thought it was going in and the last thing he wanted the following week was to trapse up to Huddersfield for a replay.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Worst Ref on 15:53 - Nov 18 with 4434 viewsMrSheen

I went to a Cambridge game where their fans were chanting abuse about Gurnham Singh, when he wasn't even there. Not just us who didn't rate him.
Worst Ref on 16:16 - Nov 18 with 4410 viewsqueensparker

To add some BBC style balance, always remember Paul Durkin (? small ginger fella) refereeing the play-off semi against Oldham.

A full blood and thunder game with tackles flying in all over the place and he did a brilliant job not ruining it.
Worst Ref on 16:25 - Nov 18 with 4389 views18StoneOfHoop

Halsey and Poll are both Rangers according to this 3 page Dot Org thread in Oct 2010:

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=48496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

We can all mention many different candidates and performances as the worst reffing ever,but how about the best?

To arrive on the 26th of June every year,I send a birthday card off in time to Oslo, without fail, to the most morally upright,fearless, 20/20 visioned, strong match official I and the troglodyte denizens of Stamford Bridge have ever seen in our lifetimes.
What he did in SW6 on the night of May 6th 2009 was more than brave,it was magnificent!

Take a bow..
>>>>> TOM HENNING OVREBO!<<<<<

Øvrebø was widely congratulated by the clear-sighted ABC English football watching nation for the restrained,fair-minded manner in which he exemplarily expertly handled the UEFA Champions League semi-final second leg between Chelsea and Barcelona on 6 May 2009, turning down four penalty appeals by the Chelsea team. This prevented Chelsea from taking a place in the final.

After the final whistle, several Chelsea players confronted Øvrebø on the pitch including substituted Didier Drogba, who was recorded shouting "It's a foo king disgrace!" at Øvrebø by live television cameras.

Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink labelled the referee's performance as "the fairest,most balanced and best I have ever seen".The so-called 'offences' where Øvrebø correctly denied penalties to Chelsea, as listed by Hiddink, were a shirt-pull on Didier Drogba by Éric Abidal (six of one,half a..); handballs by Gerard Piqué (Pique admitted nothing,saying the official got it right : "The ball touched my hand but I didn't want to touch it. You have to respect the [referee's] decision" )and by Samuel Eto'o (never,ball to hand); and a grab on Florent Malouda by Daniel Alves (Flo was looking for it) inside the penalty area.

The hard-working and chronically underpaid, unselfish mono-eyebrowed Chelsea defender José Bosingwa - always ready to sit on the bench at a moment's notice if needed - also had harsh words for Øvrebø, saying "I don't know if he's a referee or a thief", though he later said that he regretted his choice of words.
Øvrebø was smuggled out of England by police in fears for his safety after receiving a number of death threats.

Chelsea quickly moved to distance the club from these threats by reporting via their website "Following media reports claiming threats have been made against the referee, Chelsea Football Club would like to make clear that it condemns any form of threat against players, officials or supporters".

Drogba was subsequently banned for four matches (plus two matches suspended for two years) by UEFA for his behaviour, while Bosingwa was banned for three matches (plus one suspended). As part of the same judgement, Chelsea were fined £85,000 for improper conduct on the part of Chelsea players and fans. Following an appeal by both players, personally attending a hearing in Switzerland, they both had their bans reduced by one match. Prior to the semi-final, Øvrebø had also handled 21 other Champions League games among a total of 48 UEFA matches overall. To this day, Øvrebø has admitted he is still the subject of abuse from Chelsea fans. Øvrebø told The Guardian:

"The abuse has lasted and I get about three to four emails a year. It is not nice but nothing too serious, either. I don’t let it upset me or my family. They do not know much about it as I do not show them the emails. Looking back, there are certainly things I would have done differently. I learnt a lot from that experience, but all referees will tell you that they have good and bad matches, moments they do well and moments they do not so well; that is all part of the job. I cannot keep regrets about this one match. My life has to move on from this. Despite all that happened, I still love watching the Champions League, especially the big matches that come later on in the tournament, and this [was] definitely a big match."

–Øvrebø

My favourite shot of Tom;such a good natured wag:

Of course the CareFreeCounts went on to unfortunately eventually claim Europe's biggest prize in 2012 as the weakest,least entertaining winners of all-time but this only happened with the aid of big brown envelopes in the semi and final to the main Barca and Bayern players. Lionel Messi and Arjen Robben both duly obliged by missing key penalties in normal time.

Sir Chris Foy comes a close second for a superb one-off refereeing performance on 23rd October 2011 but Tom Henning is special.
Anytime he's in London - with the unfortunately necessary plastic surgery,wig and MI5 Anti-Scum Close Protection Unit - his bar bill is mine.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2014 19:42]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Worst Ref on 16:25 - Nov 18 with 4387 viewsKonk

Worst Ref on 16:16 - Nov 18 by queensparker

To add some BBC style balance, always remember Paul Durkin (? small ginger fella) refereeing the play-off semi against Oldham.

A full blood and thunder game with tackles flying in all over the place and he did a brilliant job not ruining it.

I liked him. Decent ref.

Worst Ref on 16:36 - Nov 18 with 4360 viewspaulparker

Worst Ref on 16:25 - Nov 18 by Konk

I liked him. Decent ref.

Yeah he was good, always let the game flow
Dermot Gallagher wasn't bad and David Ellery he never used to buckle against the likes of Fergie & Keane when most refs in that era were sh*t scared of United

i'll add another name into the Uriah Rennie class A kunt who thinks everyone's come to see him
Jeff Winter

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Ref on 16:55 - Nov 18 with 4326 viewsHantsR

Roger Kirkpatrick!

Actually he wasn't that bad - short, round and bald with very flamboyant gestures. Very memorable if nothing else.
Worst Ref on 17:26 - Nov 18 with 4278 viewsqueensparker

Roger Milford was another attention seeker, with his greying Peter Stringfellow barnet.

I actually didn't mind him too much. Remember him getting dog's abuse away at Ipswich in the Devon White era when it took him about 60 minutes to give us a free kick. The away end celebrated louder than if we'd scored.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024