Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Wheeler 12:09 - Aug 22 with 13166 viewsW7Ranger

Has anyone on here seen or heard anything about our apparent interest in Exeter City winger/forward David Wheeler? I've seen it rumoured elsewhere but cant see anything on here??

Anyone??
David Wheeler on 10:37 - Aug 30 with 3271 viewsparker64

Never seen him play so will be interesting to see what he's like. Good move for him at his age. From his background seems he's from the Brighton area.
David Wheeler on 12:30 - Aug 30 with 3104 viewsrsonist

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/what-can-qpr-fans-expect-3
David Wheeler on 12:45 - Aug 30 with 3049 viewsBathRanger

I went to the League 2 play-off final between Exeter and Blackpool last season. He played on the right wing and I thought he was one of Exeter's better players. As mentioned in the DevonLive article, his ability in the air was excellent - a few times during the match, Exeter played a cross-field diagonal ball from midfield towards him on the corner of the penalty area and I think he out-jumped the defender every time to win the ball and head it into the center of the box and into the danger area for a forward to run on to. He also took his goal well, flicking the ball over the keeper while under pressure. He scored a lot of goals for Exeter last season (21 in 46 appearances) so if he can make the step up he could be a very useful addition.
David Wheeler on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 3008 viewsBasingstokeR

David Wheeler on 12:30 - Aug 30 by rsonist

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/what-can-qpr-fans-expect-3

Anti Karl Henry...

"Political opinions

Wheeler has written a column for Devon Live for the past two seasons — yet it’s not been a standard footballer’s column. As well as talking about all things City, Wheeler has railed against Brexit, Donald Trump and austerity, giving his thoughts on a number of different political situations and backing a left-wing alliance in the last general election."
David Wheeler on 14:09 - Aug 30 with 2885 viewsDevonrrr

I have seen a lot of Wheeler in his time with Exeter, he is an excellent player at League 2 level and I have no doubt he could be useful at League 1 but I am surprised at him coming to us. I really dont see him as a wing/full back, he is very attack minded. The comparison with Ainsworth as a player is a good one. Ollie Watkins who went to Brentford was the one to get but he cost more than three times the fee (assuming rumours are correct). Exeter have a 16 year old just breaking into the first team, Sparkes, who looks a great prospect.If we were to get anyone from Exeter though it is the guy who has been running their youth set up for the past 10 years or so, I am led to believe he has been placed on gardening leave after falling out with the club.
David Wheeler on 14:41 - Aug 30 with 2817 viewspaulparker

David Wheeler on 12:56 - Aug 30 by BasingstokeR

Anti Karl Henry...

"Political opinions

Wheeler has written a column for Devon Live for the past two seasons — yet it’s not been a standard footballer’s column. As well as talking about all things City, Wheeler has railed against Brexit, Donald Trump and austerity, giving his thoughts on a number of different political situations and backing a left-wing alliance in the last general election."

He sounds like he posts on here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

David Wheeler on 15:05 - Aug 30 with 2765 viewsvegasranger

David Wheeler on 14:09 - Aug 30 by Devonrrr

I have seen a lot of Wheeler in his time with Exeter, he is an excellent player at League 2 level and I have no doubt he could be useful at League 1 but I am surprised at him coming to us. I really dont see him as a wing/full back, he is very attack minded. The comparison with Ainsworth as a player is a good one. Ollie Watkins who went to Brentford was the one to get but he cost more than three times the fee (assuming rumours are correct). Exeter have a 16 year old just breaking into the first team, Sparkes, who looks a great prospect.If we were to get anyone from Exeter though it is the guy who has been running their youth set up for the past 10 years or so, I am led to believe he has been placed on gardening leave after falling out with the club.

The only club I read was interested him in the last season was Bristol Rovers. 26 seems a bit late in the day to jump up 2 divisions but maybe our new scouts see something in him. Will give us a different kind of option from the bench.
David Wheeler on 15:16 - Aug 30 with 2723 viewsTonto

sounds just like Gladwin. We should definitely boo him 20 mins into his debut. That'll teach him.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

David Wheeler on 19:55 - Aug 30 with 2533 viewsWestbourneR

Ollie Waktins looks more the real deal to me. Could be a hue stat Dele Alli style. What a player -was absolutely gutted we didn't get him.

Good luck to Wheeler but he's a distant second in quality.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

David Wheeler on 23:32 - Aug 30 with 2286 viewsichbinnaughty

David Wheeler on 15:16 - Aug 30 by Tonto

sounds just like Gladwin. We should definitely boo him 20 mins into his debut. That'll teach him.

^THIS^

In fact, he should be roundly heckled each time he runs up and down the line in front of the East Paddocks for his warm ups; ahead of full on booing shorty after misplacing his first pass
I hate young upstarts like this.
David Wheeler on 13:49 - Sep 5 with 1989 viewsW7Ranger

Have to say i'm quite excited by this signing, and very much looking forward to seeing how he settles in and develops. Very direct, skillful, pacy, good in the air, energetic, and clearly knows where the goal is. Very much an Olly type player and definitely the sort of player we should be getting at this time from the lower leagues.

Have a but of a soft spot for Exeter since my Dad moved down to Devon about 10 years ago, so always keep an eye on there results. And certainly the last couple of years have really been entertaining and banging in the goals for fun, with this lad assisting and scoring for fun. Played well in the play off final this year and scored a cracking goal.

Great surname too!
David Wheeler on 14:23 - Sep 5 with 1916 viewsLunarJetman

David Wheeler on 23:32 - Aug 30 by ichbinnaughty

^THIS^

In fact, he should be roundly heckled each time he runs up and down the line in front of the East Paddocks for his warm ups; ahead of full on booing shorty after misplacing his first pass
I hate young upstarts like this.

I think we should find out where he's living and organise 24 hour booing outside. Then get someone to follow him around with a megaphone attached to a car to boo him whilst he drives too.
David Wheeler on 16:52 - Sep 5 with 1811 viewsDorse

David Wheeler on 14:23 - Sep 5 by LunarJetman

I think we should find out where he's living and organise 24 hour booing outside. Then get someone to follow him around with a megaphone attached to a car to boo him whilst he drives too.

If we could find a male voice choir to boo him in a complex harmony whilst he sleeps, he will awaken fresh, fully-rested and properly demotivated in the morning.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024